Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Mar. 27, 2022  2:47 PM)-Fireblaze- Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2022  8:56 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Bumper???

Yup that’s correct
How? (what's next, Limited? Boost/Nine/Aero?)
(Mar. 28, 2022  1:02 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2022  2:47 PM)-Fireblaze- Wrote: Yup that’s correct

I mean, it WAS a burst classic tournament
FOREVER BEYS - 3/27/22
Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst GT Format - Unranked (First Stage 1v1, Final Stage WBO Deck)

1st: Kei
Curse Solomon (Metal Chip Core) Vanguard Zone’+Z 1S
Zwei Diabolos Sting Xtreme’
Perfect Phoenix (Level Chip) Hybrid
Tact Longinus 00 Wall Bearing' Goku (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: machaow
Revive Phoenix (Level Chip) Around Keep’
Zwei Longinus Blitz Xtreme’ Goku
Master Diabolos Sting Zone’+Z

3rd: Dan
Master Spriggan Wheel (Hasbro) Xtend+
Tact Longinus 10 Wall Drift Sen
Curse Lucifer 2 00 Expand Zone’+Z (Hasbro +Z) 1S

4th: XxP13RR3xX

Our first Burst GT Format event! Unfortunately, due to our first tournament of the day taking too long and the weather being very cold, we only ended up with eight players for this one. It was also supposed to be P3C1, but we changed it to 1v1 to save some time.
(Mar. 28, 2022  3:21 AM)Kei Wrote: FOREVER BEYS - 3/27/22
Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst GT Format - Unranked (First Stage 1v1, Final Stage WBO Deck)

1st: Kei
Curse Solomon (Metal Chip Core) Vanguard Zone’+Z 1S
Zwei Diabolos Sting Xtreme’
Perfect Phoenix (Level Chip) Hybrid
Tact Longinus 00 Wall Bearing Goku (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: machaow
Revive Phoenix (Level Chip) Around Keep’
Zwei Longinus Blitz Xtreme’ Goku
Master Diabolos Sting Zone’+Z

3rd: Dan
Master Spriggan Wheel (Hasbro) Xtend+
Tact Longinus 10 Wall Drift Sen
Curse Lucifer 2 00 Expand Zone’+Z (Hasbro +Z) 1S

4th: XxP13RR3xX

Our first Burst GT Format event! Unfortunately, due to our first tournament of the day taking too long and the weather being very cold, we only ended up with eight players for this one. It was also supposed to be P3C1, but we changed it to 1v1 to save some time.

Big shout out to everyone who managed to use attack in that weather lol. Interesting to see the use of Zwei over Judgment too!

I see Curse is now showing up, bleh. 

How did everyone find the format?

Bumper is definitely not as bad as the other Discs you've listed. Bumper is a watered down Knuckle that is still within the top 10 Discs in the format, while Limited, Boost, Nine, Aero are all in the bottom half of usable Discs.
(Mar. 28, 2022  3:36 AM)KIO Wrote:
(Mar. 28, 2022  1:02 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: How? (what's next, Limited? Boost/Nine/Aero?)

Bumper is definitely not as bad as the other Discs you've listed. Bumper is a watered down Knuckle that is still within the top 10 Discs in the format, while Limited, Boost, Nine, Aero are all in the bottom half of usable Discs.

Oh. Someone needs to update that wiki draft.
It’s not always about the disk, it’s about the blader wielding the blade and the skill they have. As long as you got skill you can make nearly anything work lol but bumper isn’t bad at all.
BLUEZEE WAS RIGHT? - 3/27/22

Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst Standard Format - Ranked (First Stage 3on3, Final Stage WBO Deck)

1st: henwooja1
Dynamite (F Gear) Belial 2 Giga High Xtend+'-10
Vanish Longinus Over Bearing'-0
Greatest Raphael Wheel Mobius (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: originalzankye
Dynamite (F Gear) Valkyrie Giga High Xtend+'-3
Guilty Bahamut Nexus (S Gear) Quick'-10

3rd: Hey_its_Wasay
Vanish Fafnir Over Bearing'-3
Guilty Longinus Nexus Metal Xtreme-2
Dynamite (F Gear) Belial 2 Giga High Xtend+'-6

4th: Chika
waiting for confirmation

Just wanted to put this up for those interested. Thanks again everyone for showing up despite the weather. Next time I'll make sure it's either a warm day or pushed back.
(Mar. 28, 2022  7:13 PM)Dan Wrote: BLUEZEE WAS RIGHT? - 3/27/22

Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst Standard Format - Ranked (First Stage 3on3, Final Stage WBO Deck)

1st: henwooja1
Dynamite (F Gear) Belial 2 Giga High Xtend+'-10
Greatest Raphael Wheel Mobius (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: originalzankye
Dynamite (F Gear) Valkyrie Giga High Xtend+'-3
Guilty Bahamut Nexus (S Gear) Quick'-10

3rd: Hey_its_Wasay
Vanish Fafnir Over Bearing'-3
Guilty Longinus Nexus Metal Xtreme-2
Dynamite Belial 2 Giga High Xtend+'-6

4th: Chika
waiting for confirmation

Just wanted to put this up for those interested. Thanks again everyone for showing up despite the weather. Next time I'll make sure it's either a warm day or pushed back.
The guys of that one player who use plain old dynamite…
(Mar. 29, 2022  2:03 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: The guys of that one player who use plain old dynamite…

Oh, thanks for catching that. It was Dynamite (F Gear) as well. I mistakenly didn't type that in.
Winning combos for Pick 3, Choose attack:

First: Broyeeto:
Chaos.Heavy.HighXtend+' (Both)

Second: RED NINJA 0829:
Orpheus O2.Gravity .Absorb-S (First)
Odin.Knuckle.Trans' (Both)
Dranzer Flame.Heavy.Assault-QD+Kick (Final)

Third: bladekid:
Dranzer Flame.Gravity.Assault-QD+Kick (First)
Yegdrion.Heavy.Yard-S (Both)

This was a fun tournament, but it kinda showed the brokenness of HXt+'. Getting First whist only using one combo against really good players trying to counter it is very concerning. Even with my Y.H.Yr-S, I couldn't consistently outspin in, which is quite no Bueno.
(Mar. 29, 2022  7:10 PM)bladekid Wrote: Winning combos for Pick 3, Choose attack:

This was a fun tournament, but it kinda showed the brokenness of HXt+'. Getting First whist only using one combo against really good players trying to counter it is very concerning. Even with my Y.H.Yr-S, I couldn't consistently outspin in, which is quite no Bueno.

I would like to think there is at least one good thing to this - it shows how extensive experimentation and testing (including testing variations in launch) can produce impressive tournament results, that the testing we do here on the forums is an important companion to our competitive play. While broyeeto and I did want to demonstrate that HXt+' might be too much for the format (and I do not particularly like its presence in classic myself), the main point was to show a little of how it used to be around here - a little bit of testing making a lot of chaos.
(Mar. 29, 2022  7:10 PM)bladekid Wrote: Winning combos for Pick 3, Choose attack:

Enlighten me on Orpheus (I'd say O2, but thats Obelisk Odin). I never hear about it much.
(Mar. 30, 2022  12:24 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:

Enlighten me on Orpheus (I'd say O2, but thats Obelisk Odin). I never hear about it much.
It's a pretty versatile layer with decent stamina but amazing destabilization, decent burst defence but amazing KO defense, and an enigma which totally reverses the driver MU chart
(Mar. 19, 2022  4:47 PM)Shindog Wrote: I think one thing to consider is that there are lots of high LAD drivers. Lots and lots of top tier LAD options now.  Because of that,

1) the variant driver rule hurts KO attackers more because they have less top tier options

2) since there are lots and lots of top tier LAD drivers, LAD drivers are not safe from each other in LAD matches.  I have recorded this following video in the follow ways:
-not much skill involved.  I tilt or not tilt and launch light or moderate to high moderate depending on the situation.
-I tried my best to launch pretty much the same way each round most of the time
-I am not trying to show what I can do or anyone else can do.  I am only hoping to see if the tools are there for someone skilled to do it.  
-no cuts, no edits, straight through.  

UπR.Lg.X’-9 (low mode) vs VLn.Ov.HXt+’-0 (low mode)
https://youtu.be/Fmqn1GU_wZI

Is the above really less safe against LAD than LAD vs LAD?
Also, I am one of the few who prefer savior over ultimate.  I think I am bad with Ultimate. Push comes to shove, I personally don’t like either tbh and would only use them reluctantly.  I would use them because of odds tho.  The tools seem to be there to me.
Just to piggyback off of what Shindog said here,  there are a lot of LAD Drivers now, all with their own different kinds of interactions with each other that can be more or less favorable in same or opposite spin. As the number of viable LAD options increases, their individual viability decreases as they become less safe against each other.

People will test Attack against one LAD combo, and another LAD combo against that LAD combo, and get 50% winrates for each (or worse for Attack, depending on skill level) and, seeing as the LAD combo is easier to use than the attacker, come to the totally reasonable conclusion that the LAD combo as the better option, but what they aren't looking at is the overall composite score of the combo.

Sure, the attacker will only get 50% against that one LAD combo... but it also gets 50% against the other LAD combo, and 50% against yet another, since they're all just on plastic tips anyways. In that sense,  it becomes a coin toss against the entire LAD meta rather than just a specific subset of the LAD meta. On top of that,  Attack is a practiceable skill, so with enough of that, you have a combo that doesn't really care about what spin direction, or how much LAD the opponent has, since it's going to KO them anyways.

This was, at least, the thought process I had hoped most players would arrive at when confronted with P3C1. Without any one dominant LAD combo, they wouldn't risk picking the wrong driver or spin direction between LAD combos and instead go the route of player agency and choose an attacker with a good chance against all of them. This would eventually necessitate the need for defense, giving representation to the three supposed primary types of Beyblade, and from there players would develop all sorts of weird balancey combos in an attempt to get the edge over multiple types of opponent, or something.
(Mar. 23, 2022  4:46 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2022  4:16 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Agreed. We tested out P3C1 for the first time in our area and there were so many opposite spin match ups it was terrible.
Yeah I honestly feel like p3c1 might be directly worse than single bey? As much as 3v3 has some significant accessibility issues, it is probably my favourite for burst.
So I'm a little disappointed and confused to hear that this was the case, especially coming off a tournament where the final match featued a triple Xtreme deck? Were people not picking Attack during P3C1 or were they just not even putting it in their deck and it was just "garbage in, garbage out" for lack of a better term? Since I'm the one that came up with the format, I'm interested in feedback - do you think the P3C1 format is just in the early stages of the process, or does the process not actually exist?

As for incentivizing Attack with 2 point KOs (and 1 point self-KOs), since that was brought up recently as well, I definitely support it and quite frankly disagree with the reasons why it isn't the standard in WBO Deck. Supposedly, making contact KOs worth 2 points actually punishes Attack usage because supposedly, attackers will self-KO after grazing an opponent more often than they KO the opponent. Imo, this can be chalked up to poor launching and negativity bias, because with how much people complain about how hard it is to KO in the Burst Stadium in the first place, it wouldn't make any sense for KOing something unintentionally to be easier than KOing something intentionally.
(Apr. 01, 2022  12:03 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2022  4:47 PM)Shindog Wrote: I think one thing to consider is that there are lots of high LAD drivers. Lots and lots of top tier LAD options now.  Because of that,

1) the variant driver rule hurts KO attackers more because they have less top tier options

2) since there are lots and lots of top tier LAD drivers, LAD drivers are not safe from each other in LAD matches.  I have recorded this following video in the follow ways:
-not much skill involved.  I tilt or not tilt and launch light or moderate to high moderate depending on the situation.
-I tried my best to launch pretty much the same way each round most of the time
-I am not trying to show what I can do or anyone else can do.  I am only hoping to see if the tools are there for someone skilled to do it.  
-no cuts, no edits, straight through.  

UπR.Lg.X’-9 (low mode) vs VLn.Ov.HXt+’-0 (low mode)
https://youtu.be/Fmqn1GU_wZI

Is the above really less safe against LAD than LAD vs LAD?
Also, I am one of the few who prefer savior over ultimate.  I think I am bad with Ultimate. Push comes to shove, I personally don’t like either tbh and would only use them reluctantly.  I would use them because of odds tho.  The tools seem to be there to me.
Just to piggyback off of what Shindog said here,  there are a lot of LAD Drivers now, all with their own different kinds of interactions with each other that can be more or less favorable in same or opposite spin. As the number of viable LAD options increases, their individual viability decreases as they become less safe against each other.

People will test Attack against one LAD combo, and another LAD combo against that LAD combo, and get 50% winrates for each (or worse for Attack, depending on skill level) and, seeing as the LAD combo is easier to use than the attacker, come to the totally reasonable conclusion that the LAD combo as the better option, but what they aren't looking at is the overall composite score of the combo.

Sure, the attacker will only get 50% against that one LAD combo... but it also gets 50% against the other LAD combo, and 50% against yet another, since they're all just on plastic tips anyways. In that sense,  it becomes a coin toss against the entire LAD meta rather than just a specific subset of the LAD meta. On top of that,  Attack is a practiceable skill, so with enough of that, you have a combo that doesn't really care about what spin direction, or how much LAD the opponent has, since it's going to KO them anyways.

This was, at least, the thought process I had hoped most players would arrive at when confronted with P3C1. Without any one dominant LAD combo, they wouldn't risk picking the wrong driver or spin direction between LAD combos and instead go the route of player agency and choose an attacker with a good chance against all of them. This would eventually necessitate the need for defense, giving representation to the three supposed primary types of Beyblade, and from there players would develop all sorts of weird balancey combos in an attempt to get the edge over multiple types of opponent, or something.
(Mar. 23, 2022  4:46 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah I honestly feel like p3c1 might be directly worse than single bey? As much as 3v3 has some significant accessibility issues, it is probably my favourite for burst.
So I'm a little disappointed and confused to hear that this was the case, especially coming off a tournament where the final match featued a triple Xtreme deck? Were people not picking Attack during P3C1 or were they just not even putting it in their deck and it was just "garbage in, garbage out" for lack of a better term? Since I'm the one that came up with the format, I'm interested in feedback - do you think the P3C1 format is just in the early stages of the process, or does the process not actually exist?

As for incentivizing Attack with 2 point KOs (and 1 point self-KOs), since that was brought up recently as well, I definitely support it and quite frankly disagree with the reasons why it isn't the standard in WBO Deck. Supposedly, making contact KOs worth 2 points actually punishes Attack usage because supposedly, attackers will self-KO after grazing an opponent more often than they KO the opponent. Imo, this can be chalked up to poor launching and negativity bias, because with how much people complain about how hard it is to KO in the Burst Stadium in the first place, it wouldn't make any sense for KOing something unintentionally to be easier than KOing something intentionally.

No offense meant haha, perhaps it is mostly a fault in my lens - unfortunately to me it just seems like once you make 3 fairly general picks, there is then a big bias towards experience during selecting from the three, and you have more info to work with (or the opponent is using a smaller subset of possible opponents) which means you don't have to account for as much. I guess if I really consider it more I can glimpse the idea that "well I know they aren't using dedicated defense" or the like but to me... With the lack of data you have going into single bey, that's where I would expect people to be most likely to select a less directional choice (ie attack). 
I know they don't, but I'm not sure I see how p3c1 changes that (keeping in mind the triple Xtreme was the result of a bet, cool as it is) - in single bey I feel like picking a directional combo like drift is riskier against opponents who only have one stamina counter vs in p3c1. In terms of accessibility also I guess I feel it's worse than single bey because single bey you can switch parts between your larger pool of possibilities, and if you can only make one good combo at a time then it's a big giveaway to the opponent which combo you will use. This is a fault of No Shared Parts rulings more than p3c1 mind. 
Maybe the potential just hasn't eventuated yet.

As for 2pt KO in deck, I agree - I feel like the tap-self KO is a lot less common than self-ko straight let alone tap-KO, I don't think that's a good reason to not pursue it. The same degree the stadium may interfere with KOs is the same degree it stops self-KOs after all.
(Apr. 01, 2022  12:03 AM)Wombat Wrote: So I'm a little disappointed and confused to hear that this was the case, especially coming off a tournament where the final match featued a triple Xtreme deck? Were people not picking Attack during P3C1 or were they just not even putting it in their deck and it was just "garbage in, garbage out" for lack of a better term? Since I'm the one that came up with the format, I'm interested in feedback - do you think the P3C1 format is just in the early stages of the process, or does the process not actually exist?

So during this past tournament where we opted to try and use P3C1 we found that a lot of players were still going with very safe and standard Defense-Stamina Hybrid combos. However, just having these types of combos in some of our decks was not the case. My last round in Swiss I played against DeceasedCrab and from our previous battles he knew how prone I am to using Stamina Beys. He built his P3C1 deck with double Drift in order to have a good 50/50 shot at picking the right spin direction for an easy LAD match up. Well what he wasn’t expecting from me was that I had been practicing my launching with attack type drivers all week since the tournament before that in Virginia. So I had opted to use the 1 attack combo in my Deck which was Guilty Fafnir Karma Jolt’-6. This made the choice of whatever combo he would pick pretty useless. It was a different strategy all together. One that both me and geetster99 had talked about. We built our decks with the 1 attack combo and the 2 Defense-Stamina Hybrid combos (one in each direction) to force our opponents into using certain beys. It was a pretty well thought out strategy, just like our strategy for the Deck we both used in the top cut. We designed that to force our opponents into corners and make things go more into our favor. So P3C1 is definitely a better format for the higher skilled Blader. They will probably win more often than a BK randy. I just think that for the average Blader 3v3 is the best format to use so that way more people come back to play at the next event.

As for the 2pt KOs for WBO Deck format. I 100% agree and think they need to be implemented back into standard. It would definitely be more inviting for a Blader like myself to keep practicing my attack drivers as well as use attack more in WBO Deck. It might not help attack in the Swiss rounds. But definitely in WBO deck.
I have played 2 pt KOs in 5G and 3on3 to 3 points in first stage.  This strongly incentivize attack in first stage.  Usually you will see attack combo in position 1 or 2.  This is what we saw in the WBBA when they were still playing in the burst standard stadium as well.
Now, are more matches going to be over in under a minute?  Yes.  Will more players feel like they didn’t even get a chance to react?  Probably.  Will people play attack?  Yes. Will people like it in the WBO?  My guess is no.  I personally don’t mind.
Just asking, is there any attack tip that's not rubber based that's good? I originally wanted to ask X' alternatives, but then people use Hn', Qc' and Jl', makes it look like Rubber=Attack now...
(Apr. 01, 2022  5:01 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Just asking, is there any attack tip that's not rubber based that's good? I originally wanted to ask X' alternatives, but then people use Hn', Qc' and Jl', makes it look like Rubber=Attack now...

The primary Attack tips have been rubber flats for two decades, this is not a new thing... The new thing is actually plastic tips which traditionally have been avoided for being worse than rubber or metal in most ways. 
Anything not rubber sacrifices rotational and directional recoil control as well as ability to hold a flower pattern in exchange for greater stamina - if it achieves outspins using this it does tend towards an aggressive balance combo. If it doesn't... Then it's just a bad attack combo that is sacrificing the benefits of rubber tips, usually just because people find them too hard to control (as CrisisCrusher07 has shown, this just means more practice is needed). Traditionally we do allow things like MFB's Metal Flat, Plastics SG Metal Flat Base (Gaia Dragoon V Version), HMS' Metal Flat Core to sit on the council of Attack type tips, but we do not grant them the rank of master. The Rubber Flat is a tradition stretching back to Grip Attacker in plastics (though it was a lot riskier prior to the late-in-the-series Tornado Attack Stadium being released), after all.

Of course, that is in good stadiums. In Hasbro and even say the DB stadium, attack is a bit odd and usually has to do balance-esque things to survive.
The meta game is also too LAD centric, which is an issue.
(Apr. 01, 2022  1:41 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: The meta game is also too LAD centric, which is an issue.

It is and it isn't. At the end of the day you have to ask if the game itself is LAD centric or are the players LAD centric?
(Apr. 01, 2022  5:13 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2022  1:41 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: The meta game is also too LAD centric, which is an issue.

It is and it isn't. At the end of the day you have to ask if the game itself is LAD centric or are the players LAD centric?

I feel like its the new players who like using lad just because its easier. Because when you start getting into more experienced players then they would prob have a mix of both
Beyblade is like investing.  You see the numbers and you can look at the history.  When it comes down to it, the decision you make as to what to actually play comes down to emotions (aka human frailty Dallas Cowboys Fans) for most people, not always the numbers.  This is okay tho.  It’s part of the game and life really, and it’s great and very normal.
[Image: 20220402-183630.jpg]

Winning combinations for Dynamite Battle 2 The Legend Of Curly's Bey 4-2-22. This was a burst standard event in Beaverton Oregon.

1st. Zektor
Roar Longinus Giga Drift 0 (final stage)
Prominence Valkyrie Nexus+S (fixed) Mobius 2 (final stage)
Devil Perseus F-gear Over Bearing' 9 (both)
Vanish Longinus Over Bearing' 9 (first stage)

2nd. Jake Jones
Dynamite Valkyrie F-gear Over Zone'+Z 9 (both)
Vanish Longinus Giga Bearing' 0 (final stage)
Greatest Rapheal Wheel Drift (final stage)

3rd. ItzMJ
Vanish Fafnir Giga Zone'+Z 0 (both)
Dynamite Valkyrie F-gear Over Bearing' 3 (both)
Guilty Fafnir Nexus+S Xtreme' 2 (final stage)

4th. Keeganhake2013
Greatest Rapheal Over High Xtend+ (both)

(If I got any details wrong please message me and I will fix it)