WBO Bits Discussion

(Feb. 08, 2016  6:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Curious question: what kinds of Faces would you like to see? Be it in terms of artwork (Face Boosters) or new community achievements (be it on the forums, tournament performance, etc.)

Naturally, a visual update to all the old Faces would be nice, but that will definitely take a while Smile

A win streak Face might be interesting, though it would be extremely difficult to obtain. Possibly start at 10 consecutive wins and have additional Faces at 15 and 20 (good luck getting that one lol).
I don't know but face boosters with the anime's characters would be fresh.
(Feb. 09, 2016  11:35 AM)xVaretyr Wrote: I don't know but face boosters with the anime's characters would be fresh.

That sounds really cool! I would dig that.

Also, is there a way to give the faces more of a 3d effect instead of a flat shape? That would spice things up a bit.
Considering their small size, we are already pushing the limit in terms of how much detail we can fit into them without considering 3D.
(Feb. 08, 2016  6:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Curious question: what kinds of Faces would you like to see? Be it in terms of artwork (Face Boosters) or new community achievements (be it on the forums, tournament performance, etc.)

I´d love to see some new faces for new community achievements. This might motivate members to be even more active. Smile
Do you have any ideas for what kinds of community achievements?

(I have my own ideas, obviously, so curious to see if they line up with what others are thinking or if I've missed something obvious that people want)
(Feb. 09, 2016  9:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Do you have any ideas for what kinds of community achievements?

(I have my own ideas, obviously, so curious to see if they line up with what others are thinking or if I've missed something obvious that people want)

Faces for 150 and 200 wins and a face for having 200 beyblades.
(Feb. 09, 2016  9:37 PM)UltimateOrion Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2016  9:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Do you have any ideas for what kinds of community achievements?

Faces for 150 and 200 wins and a face for having 200 beyblades.

Yeah, somehow I´m still up for that as well. XD

Hmm maybe something like a face for hosting an approved contest. Or a face for creating a new thread that´s popular enough that it reaches like 500 or 1000 posts from other members?
Interesting. Thanks!

(It will be pointless to do this for every suggestion, so I'll just say up front that I'm reading them all and I thank everyone for their comments haha)
Sure, otherwise there would be a flood of faces... Grin
Something else came to my mind: Maybe a face for being a member for a certain number of years (if there isn´t already something like that). Or a face that is awarded by members in a big poll, like "member of the year". XD
Just something to think about.
(Feb. 09, 2016  9:51 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: Sure, otherwise there would be a flood of faces... Grin
Something else came to my mind: Maybe a face for being a member for a certain number of years (if there isn´t already something like that). Or a face that is awarded by members in a big poll, like "member of the year". XD
Just something to think about.

I was thinking about a "Respect" face - a one-of-a-kind Face that would get passed from member to member as a token of appreciation. It's not really workable because it could get passed to an inactive member, or someone could just hang on to the thing, and it would create more work for the mods who have to move it around, but it's an interesting idea.
I'm still all for a Globe Face or sth like that. Members would receive it for making the effort to go to other countries in order to meet and battle other members in official WBO events. It's just something to show off I guess, not necessary at all. Grin
Here's a list of faces I would like to see in addition to what others have suggested:

1. for completing the awakening amaterios campaign
2. Face of _______ Face- a face for the primary region the top 250 in the beyrank system have played in (this would make it super convenient to do the regional rankings, no need to take it away from people who fall out of the top 250, ie Face of Maryland face, Face of Toronto face, etc.)
3. a face for being a promoter of the WBO on Youtube (provides motivation to promote through everyone's channels)
4. premier face- something to recognize non-committee members for beyond significant contributions to the site
5. face of faces face- awarded when someone earns over 50 faces
Why not Angry Face?

Smug
Quote:4. premier face- something to recognize non-committee members for beyond significant contributions to the site

Could you give an example?
(Feb. 10, 2016  12:52 AM)Time Wrote: 4. premier face- something to recognize non-committee members for beyond significant contributions to the site

I think the Peridot, Alexandrite and Lapis Lapzuli handle those areas pretty well, along with the Amethyst Face when reaching Mentor status.
@[Bey Brad] oh actually I guess the Lapis Lazuli face covers it, I guess I kind of forgot about it since no one's gotten it since like a month after I joined lol.
What I was thinking with the premier face was take someone like Manic Ben for example.
It's not that what he did in reviving London was something no one else could do, it's the fact that he was the only one willing to put in the time to do it and actually did step up to the plate and follow through.
As you can probably guess, the more abstract or subjective the goals are, the less likely a Face is to be distributed. But I am always happy to see contributions acknowledged more. We do indeed owe a debt to Ben Grin
So I saw all the new Faces that had been awarded lately and it reminded me of this question I've been meaning to ask for a while:
(Sep. 10, 2015  6:39 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [Image: TE8gHbm.png][Image: NNxxnmN.png][Image: aWPAjkD.png][Image: ePjkSib.png]
valkyrie, spriggan, ragnaruk, kerbeus
(rare)

[Image: c7mKSOf.png]
αmaterios
(ultra rare)

How exactly does this work? From the pull trends of past Face Boosters it's clear that the Faces marked as "Rare" or "Uncommon" are less likely to appear than the "Common" ones, but that is only relative to the Faces within the same Booster. So what is the point of marking the Faces in Face Booster alpha as "Rare" and "Ultra Rare" instead of "Common" and "Uncommon " (or Rare or whatever the proportional rate of pulling amaterios is) when there is nothing that will appear more often than the "Rare" Faces? It almost makes Face Rarity as irrelevant as some of the MFB Random Boosters marking one Beyblade as "Rare" when in reality they all had a 1/8 chance of appearing.

EDIT: Vivid is the same way, I believe. There are 2 Uncommons, 2 Rares, and a Ultra Rare (or something along the lines of that).
I think it's rare because you have to pay for it.
:p
(Feb. 15, 2016  5:22 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: I think it's rare because you have to pay for it.
:p

The fact that it was time-limited was also a factor. In the long-run, these will all certainly qualify as "rare."

That said, I wouldn't take the rarities too seriously; they are only meant to give a general impression of the odds for each particular booster, and shouldn't be compared across them.
What exactly is the Stone face awarded for, seeing that nobody has ever recieved it?
All Faces with no descriptions actually do not have any accomplishment attached to them yet hah.
can anyone tell me how rare Fusion Driver Face is in Face Booster Diver?
You can see in the description of the Face what its relative rarity is, between parentheses. But then, you can look at how many people received that Face compared to other Faces from the same Face Booster, hah.