UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES.

I guess my family is cool with it which is lucky for me. Everyone's got there own hobbies (eg. brother loves one piece) so they don't really take any notice.

As for my friends, im at the great age group 18~19 where EVERYONE my age played with the original plastics back in the day. When they come over and see them they flip out "OMG I REMEMBER THESE ASDFASDF I USE TO HAVE THIS ONE"

Nostalgia is so awesome
we should face those non-bladers and tell them that beyblade is the stuff!
well i never told anyone except one friend and no one else
My parents are always telling me to grow up and stop playing with “little kid toys"(beyblade) they think I'm getting old to be playing with beys!Unhappy but I love it!
I'm also scared to tell my friends at schoolUnhappy I'm scared their gonna laugh at me cuz I play with “toys"Unhappy
have one friend at school who likes beyblade and I'm going to battle him on the weekend. All my other friends don't laugh at me when I talk about beys. They just sort of ignore me.
me too
I think that beyblading is great. I think that at a certain point, we should ween off of games, but theres nothing inharently wrong with playing beyblade while older. Take for instance the BBGs lol. Anyhoo, my parents actually hlped me set up a tournament and were teens.
(May. 06, 2013  2:15 AM)*Ginga* Wrote:
(Feb. 11, 2013  12:25 AM)superiorblader Wrote: my family hates it for example my mom says put your gayblades away she does that on porpous
I know that the post I am replying to is a few months old but:

Are you serious? Your mom really should not be taunting you like that, no matter what she thinks.

Seriously. That's just a plain lousy thing for a parent to say. Have you told anyone else about this?
Well I admit it, I haven't told any of my friends that I play with beyblades. Except for one time in like 6th grade that no one remembers about except for me. (I think) Yup and I don't plan on telling them either, I prefer to have my privacy. To be honest I don't know how they would react, and I don't want to risk my reputation. Also my parents seem chill with it as long as I don't spend all my $ on them at once or if they don't pay for them. My bro and sis are chill with it too, and I beyblade with my bro every once in a while.
They'll probably ignore whatever you say but I don't know your friends.
My sister is addicted to MLP:FIM (My Little Pony) and critisizes ME for liking Beyblades. My dad, of course, does the same thing and my 75 year old GRANDMA calls them Gayblades. I also wish I had a brother or someone to play Beyblades with. I mean, I like my friends and all, but it would be cool to have a relative that liked beyblades too. Well, I guess my 28 year old cousin got me into them in 2010, but he isn't that into them anymore...
Are there any bladers to battle with around you? Does your dad call bladers bladders.
My dad beybattles me every once In awhileSmile we like to have our own bey tournaments as well. Its so funGrin
My brother likes beys but he barely knows any thing about them for instance he thinks hell unicorno 230MB is top tier and he puts a steel washer around 230 to give him a unfair advantage!
I'm a father and play beyblades, and I encourage my kids to play beyblade. And play with them a lot.
It is my way of getting in touch with my kids and have strong relationship with them, I know they will remember our fun memories when they grow old.
My parents supported me in 2002-04 when I had plastics and HMS tops, but now they tell me they are stupid and I shouldn't play with them. They only say that because the only thing they approve of is studying. They don't do it to my little brother who pla with beyblades just a little less than me.
Just because Wario/a9 is to irresponsible to clean up his carp without being told or put it away in a fashion to where the half bottle of water he has in his stadium doesn't spill on his beys and carp, I get in trouble over a misunderstanding, have to clean up all his carp, and am forced to wash the dishes in addition.
Why dont you tell her friends she likes it ha for fun or payback at least my hole family likes it and plays with them (darn my mum is an strong blader)
My age is 14 and my family think this is the time to leave beyblade. But i don't think so . What do you think ?? Should i leave beyblade . I don't want to .
Why would you...?
i quitted once when i was 11,
i'm 16 now and few days ago i started fresh with metal fusion beyblades.
All my friends have now left beyblading bcoz they all think it's a kids game and they have grown up, My family thinks the same way but i will not quit beyblading, i wish to see beyblading as a sport some day.
my parents keep nagging me to stop buying beyblades, even though i pay for my beyblades with my own money. it really annoys me, i understand if it was their money i was using. but it's my money i'm using. so now i have to be very secretive of what i order.
Once my stepmom told me that I'm too childish to be playing with BeyBlades!Unhappy she was making me mad!😔 I was going to quit and then I logged in on here and I was like there are many Bladers older than me!!
So I'm NEVER quitting beyblade😃
my mom is the only problem she gets upset when I buy them she hates it when I talk to her about them and she says they cause too many problems wich is really just my 8 and 6 year old little brothers trying to take them without permission and trying to use my brand new L/R string launcher and losing and breaking my parts but my mom doesn't care if that happens she just yells at me but somehow I make through all of that
My mom doesn't care what I get into. My dad is supportive of me playing Beyblades even though I'm 14. I don't think my grandma likes Beyblades but won't stop me from playing as long as I don't use her money to buy them. My cousins thought Beyblades were childish at first but I convinced them to give it a try and now that they realize how fun it is they keep trying to take my Beyblades and I keep trying to tell them to BUY THEIR OWN AND STOP TRYING TO STEAL MINE!