UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES.

My parents don't care at all. Neither do my friends. I'm fifteen and I beyblade and no one seems to care.
My parents used to tolerate this, but not anymore.
MY mom just apprehended my Meteo L-Drago SA165WSF, which was my best beyblade. I'm soo pissed...
My parents don't care if i play beyblade(they even play lol).
(Oct. 08, 2013  3:23 AM)Mr.President Wrote: My parents used to tolerate this, but not anymore.
MY mom just apprehended my Meteo L-Drago SA165WSF, which was my best beyblade. I'm soo pissed...

That just wrongSerious......
(Oct. 02, 2013  2:17 AM)nohzone Wrote: My parents don't care at all. Neither do my friends. I'm fifteen and I beyblade and no one seems to care.

I don't know if my friends would care or not but I'm scared to tell themUnhappy...... I'm afraid their going to make fun of meUnhappy especially the cross country teamUnhappy
My mom and dad don't even think 20 dollars is worth it for a bb-10, and I have to stick with my hasbro stadium
(Oct. 14, 2013  9:13 AM)Epic Blader Wrote: My mom and dad don't even think 20 dollars is worth it for a bb-10, and I have to stick with my hasbro stadium
$20 is nearly a steal lol I remember the struggles of not getting something I knew was a perfect buy, ah youth...
My grandma thinks its childish and that im told old for them
A navy in USS Nimitz told me that he and his friends in the Navy are playing beyblade on their idle time.
Our heroes on board the super carrier are playing beyblade at this moment.

Tell it to your mom next time she criticize you for beyblading.
Well, while at times my stepdad does make fun of me playing Beyblades, I know he doesn't mean it.

My mom at times doesn't like Beyblades, but once in a while, she plays Beyblade, and when she does, it's so awesome!

I don't have an Ebay account, though, so my mom or my stepdad(he only got me one, and it was a fake, but I was still happy he got it for me) or even my grandparents by Beys for me. I buy some myself once in a while.

I'm sorry your parents are jacka****. It sucks someone judges you.
(Oct. 14, 2013  10:03 AM)Switchblad3r Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2013  9:13 AM)Epic Blader Wrote: My mom and dad don't even think 20 dollars is worth it for a bb-10, and I have to stick with my hasbro stadium
$20 is nearly a steal lol I remember the struggles of not getting something I knew was a perfect buy, ah youth...
XD this happened to me my mom wouldn't let me get the BB:10 awhile ago because she said it was too expensive (it was my own money) but it was only $20 with 2-free day shipping without amazon primw and I almost lost my chance to get GPDX Set for $38 o_o
Whenever someone tells me that I'm being childish when I "play with spinning tops," I kinda get really ticked off. Tongue_out

I then proceed to discuss the unbelievable competitive aspect of the game. I'll run off names, dates, and winners of international events, names of high-ranking players, the rules of the game, tournament formats, the beypoints system, etc.

Then, a very common refute is the fact that the game is based on luck, with no top having an advantage over the other.

Now, that's when I usually launch into a tirade. XD The first thing I usually do at that point, is challenge them to a match. Once they lost miserably dozens of times over and over and over, I let them use the one I was playing against them with. I then build a counter, and win over and over and over... eventually they'll finally admit to the complexity of the game after I rattle out a few combinations and really confusing terms.

Of course, you can really only scratch the surface of the depth of competitive customization in a short time, but it's usually enough to show them how complicated, mentally demanding and competitive the game can be.

Usually, after this point and a long discussion about different points of beylading, whoever I've been talking to has developed a respect for the hobby. Smile For instance, my dad knows just how complicated it is because whenever I'm bored and he's eating breakfast or something I usually just start rambling on and on about it, until he asks a question, and then I proceed to answer and it continues to go in a circle.

I've had quite of few of those "beyblades are stupid" type of people turn out to love the game and play all the time. It's just a matter of educating them on the subject.

Plus, you can always go back to the fact that, whether or not some stuck-up people are willing to admit it, we all play with toys. Basketballs, footballs, golf clubs, fishing poles, bicycles, motorcycles, hunting rifles, decks of cards, chess sets, television sets, computers, tablets, phones... if you ask me most of them are a heck of a lot less sophisticated than beyblading.

I really don't know why I took the time to write that... lol guess I was just bored. But seriously, this stuff will turn someone straight if you explain it all.
My brother used to be into them. He never really played with them though. Today, a commercial for the Shogun Steel tops came on TV and he said "look, it's your little tops". I was ticked off Tired.

I told him that I don't play with them as toys. I use them competitively (at least train to use them competitively) and love the physics behind the aspects of every type, part, etc. He responded with "well, they're still just tops. They're for kids. You have a pond right outside the house and never fish in it. All you do outside is play basketball". I told him that yes, they are for kids. Kids play with them because they saw them in a cool cartoon. I use them because its one of my favorite child hood pastimes and that its actually mostly teenagers to people in their early 20s that play primarily competitively. About the going outside thing, clearly I'm not gonna fish when it's 30-40 degrees farenheight outside.

He went on about it and said "you know what, I don't care. Say what you want. I love these things, and I will forever, even if I quit actually playing. They will always be one of my favorite things".

He then just stopped the conversation. Everyone else in my family is fine with the fact except him.
One time m friend asked me what i buy off of ebay and i was like "martial arts clothes, swords, and beyblades" but the last part i said. Quietly so he made me say it again and he laughed for a min but as soon as i compared it to his baseball cards he understood
Mom mom supports me but my my cousin thinks its dumb
TBD that actually helps alot I'll try that my dad used to be interested with the Physics maybe if I try that my mom and dad will stop thinking of it as a waste of money and time....
My dad tried to get on my case again saying beyblades are for 8 year-olds and I say this: at least im not a grown man watching other grown men throughing balls at each other. Then the room got quiet and he left, but his girlfriend starts laughing at him because I embarrassed him
Nice! But what is that? Dodge ball?
Yes dodge ball, but I was also talking about football. When I said all of that I ment that we all like our own things and have our own opinions about them
IM a toy collector and My dad isnt a huge fan and he has even said to Me that its childish and he would rather smash all of it and throw it away, so I just said I would do the same to his glass collection, then he stop saying it,
I use MY beys for tests, speed, time duration, weight,
I say just do the same to them, if they make fun of you for liking bey's, them laugh at them for liking something, equivalent trade
I'm 23 and I beyblade I don't
Let anyone tell me I'm to old to beyblade. It was a part of my life when it first came out and now it is again I just wish there where beyblades where I live.
rofl! i like how hunting rifles was lumped into a group with toys up there

i really dont have the time to read through 40 pages of old posts so if what im about to say has already been said then i completely agree with those posts

i think the 3 biggest things that hurt the hobby are the fact that its a childrens cartoon full of child characters, theyre sold IN the toy aisle, and that its pretty much underground. people have heard of beyblade, but they dont know the competitive cooler side to it.
people hear beybade and its immediately lumped into a category of nerdy and uncool stuff like magic/yu-gi-oh cards, trekkies, d&d, comic books, sci-fi, and whatever else. then youre austracised by society as some kind of loser nerd because you have a fun hobby and something that youre adament about that gives you happiness in your life because all the factual "cool" people are jaded and uhappy with everything & themselves because theyre sh***y human beings who only find joy in making others miserable

im 32. definitely not a good time to decide to "get into" blading. nope. im expected to be a manly man who never touches video games only works and works without breaks & hands all of my hard earned cash to my woman while i stay poor and never get anywhere in life and then come home and do all the house work and take care of kids that arent actually mine and im forced into things i dont want to do while the real parents sit in front of their computers
i get the excuse that thats just the way life is. well i dont think it has to be like that all of the time & i dont want to be that person all of the time and thats probly why im so bitter all of the time

if i was getting into beyblades on my own just for myself id proby be put down left and right til were in a huge fight, dumped and then kicked out of the house losing my adopted family
but since the childrens nerdy idiot father with yu-gi-oh tattoos bought the beyblade stuff in the first place and im sitting down playing with them with the children it seems perfectly acceptable at my house for me to be into beyblades and spend like 50 bucks on toys

my mother called to talk to me the other night and i was telling her about the kids liking beyblades a lot. her reply was "whats a gayblade?"

having a hobby is just socially unnacceptable these days. liking any one thing in particular too much just causes people to label you as some kind of freak. there are far too many things wrong with society today. its easy to end up hating the world, everyone , and everything because of other people simply because you chose to be yourself

kids will play it and nobody will bat an eye, but if youre older and do it people get all bent out of shape over it
airsoft has been my main hobby for the past 6 years and being an older guy i know what im talking about. i expect that as much carp as i get for liking airsoft then what id get for beyblading would be so much worse
but then theres the kicker. people will view it as oh hes being a good stepdad spending time playing with the kids on their own level .....as long as hes not doing it for himself. but wait, I DO like it now, I DO think its cool now, IT IS fun. so then i will get the complete opposite

close minded people are stupid. none of us should let them ruin anything for us. just because we may get labeled as nerds or geeks & losers doesnt mean we have to BE the stereotype. it doesnt mean we ARE those things.
You dissing us Trekkies?

But I agree, people have all kinds of stereotypes, including ones for adults and children in general. I hate it.