UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES.

Everyone except my reptile of a 26 year old ant (see what I did there?) loves Beyblading, my parents are okay with me battling and stuff, as long as if I don't blow $100 on them and if they don't interfere with my schoolwork.
(Aug. 12, 2013  5:07 AM)StoneBull GT Wrote: they keep trying to take my Beyblades and I keep trying to tell them to BUY THEIR OWN AND STOP TRYING TO STEAL MINE!
that's exactly what I try to tell my little brothers and my 3 year old sister (yes she likes playing too) I forgot to add that my dad likes beyblades he even said he would of liked playing with them all day coes when he was my age he used to spin marbles in tires but he beybldes are much more exiting (duh) and like you my grandma's fine as long as I don't spend her money but my mom says don't talk to them about her and she said she'll never take me to buy them so I only have my dad and my granma
(Aug. 12, 2013  5:42 PM)Lazer Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2013  5:07 AM)StoneBull GT Wrote: they keep trying to take my Beyblades and I keep trying to tell them to BUY THEIR OWN AND STOP TRYING TO STEAL MINE!
that's exactly what I try to tell my little brothers and my 3 year old sister (yes she likes playing too) I forgot to add that my dad likes beyblades he even said he would of liked playing with them all day coes when he was my age he used to spin marbles in tires but he beybldes are much more exiting (duh) and like you my grandma's fine as long as I don't spend her money but my mom says don't talk to them about her and she said she'll never take me to buy them so I only have my dad and my granma
Yeah, my friend keeps trying to take my beyblades that I spend my money on. I went to his house and he stole my Fang Leone. Then he tried to deny it, which he is terrible at. When he finally admitted it, he said he needed it more than I did. I was so annoyed.

My parents are supportive when it comes to beyblade, the only times they don't is when I annoy them about it.
My dad thinks they kidnap people at tournaments.
(Aug. 16, 2013  3:43 PM)AZL Wrote: My dad thinks they kidnap people at tournaments.

Only I do that.
My parents are pretty supportive because it gave my little brother something to do. He's a really small guy and didn't have many friends so I started taking him to places with me and he tried Beyblade and loved it. It also broke him out of his little shell so yeah Smile
My family likes it, both my brothers like blading and my parents are cool with it
man you lucky dragon KING my dad likes the physics my brothers and my one sister love it but my mom hates it and she rarely lets me buy any Unhappy my grandmother on the other hand doesn't have a problem as long as I use my own money XD
(Sep. 30, 2013  10:22 PM)Lazer Wrote: man you lucky dragon KING my dad likes the physics my brothers and my one sister love it but my mom hates it and she rarely lets me buy any Unhappy my grandmother on the other hand doesn't have a problem as long as I use my own money XD

my mom yells at me for it (and a lot of other things too).
I know right and for punsishment she takes away 1 beyblade every time I slip up Unhappy but my mom can get out of hand and she probally won't let me buy another one till next year Unhappy
(Sep. 30, 2013  10:26 PM)Lazer Wrote: I know right and for punsishment she takes away 1 beyblade every time I slip up Unhappy but my mom can get out of hand and she probally won't let me buy another one till next year Unhappy

she takes them all away for the week.
(Sep. 30, 2013  10:22 PM)Lazer Wrote: man you lucky dragon KING my dad likes the physics my brothers and my one sister love it but my mom hates it and she rarely lets me buy any Unhappy my grandmother on the other hand doesn't have a problem as long as I use my own money XD

Nobody in my family hates it, and two of my 20 or 30 odd cousins (I lost track 3 years ago) play it. One used to play, but quit 2 years ago, when he turned 14. One day I hope that beyblade becomes a sport. I'll keep blading though, at least for another 10 years.
I wish my mom liked it too... man jacolal I wish my family all liked beyblade it's hard to do anything with beyblade with my mom oh and @AZL 1 week! one time my dad took all of them for 2 weeks Smug
(Sep. 30, 2013  10:32 PM)Lazer Wrote: I wish my mom liked it too... man jacolal I wish my family all liked beyblade it's hard to do anything with beyblade with my mom oh and @AZL 1 week! one time my dad took all of them for 2 weeks Smug
Oh no.... my family doesn't like it, they just don't mind it as long as I study well, grades are top priority after all. But yeah, sometimes my mum plays beyblade, she has a slight interest in the physics.
My parents don't understand why I like beyblades. I think it's a fun sport and a competitive one at that. They still think of them as toys, and whenever I hear them think this I say "I'm almost 15, I wouldn't buy them if they were toys". My dad kind if likes them, but that diminished as I got older.
My parents don't care... my dad actually asks me questions about them periodically.

I don't think anyone has any business telling you that you're too old to compete in a beyblade tournament. They're no more toys than a basketball or a dirt bike. :\ Heck, even a television set is a toy if you think about it. So is a golf club, and there are people like 90 years old swinging those things! As long as you don't like blow off your job or school work to blade, IMO it's no different than anything else... it's simply having fun with a physical object, just like a ball or a bike. You don't have to be a 9 year old to play beyblades.

If anything, criticizing someone for blading is much more immature than engaging in a competitive activity that just so happens to revolve around the incredibly complex and variable nature of spinning tops. It's much more complicated than some people think.
(Sep. 30, 2013  11:27 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: My parents don't care... my dad actually asks me questions about them periodically.

I don't think anyone has any business telling you that you're too old to compete in a beyblade tournament. They're no more toys than a basketball or a dirt bike. :\ Heck, even a television set is a toy if you think about it. So is a golf club, and there are people like 90 years old swinging those things! As long as you don't like blow off your job or school work to blade, IMO it's no different than anything else... it's simply having fun with a physical object, just like a ball or a bike. You don't have to be a 9 year old to play beyblades.

If anything, criticizing someone for blading is much more immature than engaging in a competitive activity that just so happens to revolve around the incredibly complex and variable nature of spinning tops. It's much more complicated than some people think.
I agree, most people don't know what recoil is.
My parents finally gave up on messing with me about beyblades Grin. But still they dont like when I talk about them or ask to go to a tournament, but they still stopped
(Sep. 30, 2013  11:33 PM)fury sagittero Wrote: My parents finally gave up on messing with me about beyblades Grin. But still they dont like when I talk about them or ask to go to a tournament, but they still stopped

That's good , at least their not bothering u about it
Yeah I know it used to be constant bugging the carp out of me and sometimes they would take them away if I did something little. But now its all good
Actually, a lot of people do. It's not just a term for beyblade. It's used for a wide variety of things.
Yeah lol

Same goes for center of gravity, spin velocity, etc, etc.
I'm not slamming beyblade but a lot of people know about recoil
(Sep. 30, 2013  11:49 PM)Tri Wrote:
Actually, a lot of people do. It's not just a term for beyblade. It's used for a wide variety of things.
I know it's not just for beyblade. It can be used for guns.
yeah but my dad I can ask him questions and he'll be fascinated by the physics Smile although my mom just thinks there usless peices of garbage and I'm not cultivating any talent and I take drumming lessons play basketball and swim Speechless
I can't believe so many of u guys family's don't like beyblades