Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

I can run games on my laptop, but they run slow and lag. I am thinking about upgrading my laptop with an external hard drive and new processor, but I don't really know much about compatibility and computer components in general.
If anyone can help, feel free to pm me.
(Sep. 27, 2013  2:04 AM)Insomniac. Wrote: Does anyone know of any really good "classic novels" that would be good for a really in-depth analysis (like profound themes, interesting characters, archetypes, etc ...) because I need one for my English ISU. So far I'm going to pick one out of the following (with teacher approval first);

Ender’s Game
Don Quixote
Slaughterhouse Five
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Grapes of Wrath

Any other books anyone has to recommend (1984 was unfortunately already taken, as well as some of the other more popular ones like Catch-22, Animal Farm, To Kill a Mockingbird and yeah).
Catcher in the Rye is a classic. That book is pretty easy to analyze, as is Fahrenheit 451. I'd recommend The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison since it's full of symbolism, but it's a little more on the edgy side, and some of the topics might be difficult to discuss. I read it in my sophomore English class and that was kind of pushing it lol
Definitely Anthem by Ayn Rand. There's so much to interpret in that book, it's interesting, and a short read. If you're into philosophy at all, pick it up; it's one of my favorite books Smile
(Sep. 27, 2013  2:45 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Definitely Anthem by Ayn Rand. There's so much to interpret in that book, it's interesting, and a short read. If you're into philosophy at all, pick it up; it's one of my favorite books Smile
Well, if he's going to be reading Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged or The Fountainhead would probably be the ones he should check out. Then again, Atlas Shrugged is over a thousand pages...
I'd check out The Fountainhead. It's one of my favorite books & you'll have a lot to work with, symbolism-wise Smile It's on the longer side (700 pages, I think?), but an easy read.
(Sep. 27, 2013  2:04 AM)Insomniac. Wrote: Does anyone know of any really good "classic novels" that would be good for a really in-depth analysis (like profound themes, interesting characters, archetypes, etc ...) because I need one for my English ISU. So far I'm going to pick one out of the following (with teacher approval first);

Ender’s Game
Don Quixote
Slaughterhouse Five
The Grapes of Wrath

Any other books anyone has to recommend (1984 was unfortunately already taken, as well as some of the other more popular ones like Catch-22, Animal Farm, To Kill a Mockingbird and yeah).
It's buried, but still.

Well, not sure about classic novels, but Edgar Allen Poe put a lot of detail, even in his short stories. He writes very well, and one of his really good short stories to me would be the pit and the pendulum. Also, if you can't take that, you may be able to do some extension work, as this.

However, if you do need a classic novel, then I would recommend the pilgrim's progress or Emma. However, the ones I am doing on a GCSE pre-course, would be Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, or one I did for my pre-GCSE course last year, which would be The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger.

EDIT: Just saw that the supreme one has already suggested The Catcher in the Rye.

Anyways, good luck, and I hope I am helping. Smile

Ender’s Game
Don Quixote
Slaughterhouse Five
The Grapes of Wrath

I really really enjoyed Ender's Game reading it young. Enders character develops thoroughly through the story, as he is forced to mature before his time. lots of fun, put me right into his shoes to feel the drama.
Awesome book Eee
(Sep. 27, 2013  8:30 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2013  2:45 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Definitely Anthem by Ayn Rand. There's so much to interpret in that book, it's interesting, and a short read. If you're into philosophy at all, pick it up; it's one of my favorite books Smile
Well, if he's going to be reading Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged or The Fountainhead would probably be the ones he should check out. Then again, Atlas Shrugged is over a thousand pages...
I'd check out The Fountainhead. It's one of my favorite books & you'll have a lot to work with, symbolism-wise Smile It's on the longer side (700 pages, I think?), but an easy read.
Anthem is under 200 pages, that's why I recommended it XD
Has anyone heard of the Heinz COLORED ketchup?? It's discontinued, but worth mentioning... I'll never forget the first time I got a hot dog with yellow ketchup, got so mad. (I was 3-5 at the time)
(Sep. 28, 2013  2:34 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Has anyone heard of the Heinz COLORED ketchup?? It's discontinued, but worth mentioning... I'll never forget the first time I got a hot dog with yellow ketchup, got so mad. (I was 3-5 at the time)

Yellow ketchup??! Whaaat?XD
(Sep. 28, 2013  4:34 AM)ryukiba Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2013  2:34 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Has anyone heard of the Heinz COLORED ketchup?? It's discontinued, but worth mentioning... I'll never forget the first time I got a hot dog with yellow ketchup, got so mad. (I was 3-5 at the time)

Yellow ketchup??! Whaaat?XD

Yeah, like they had chocolate peanut butter, which I miss now Crying
yellow ketchup!!! man I wish it wasn't discontinued Unhappy at least there's still that Google Peanut Butter/Jelly Smile It's great for making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a lot more convenient Smile oh and if you ever find some yellow ketchup let me know cause now I really want to try some Tired
It's really nothing different than food colored yellow goo, but it's really worth trying...
Edit: wait, I was a kid when I tasted this... Can't rely on my 10 year dead taste buds.
so I kinda wasn't on here this morning because I was at capoeira class :\ anyway I'm kinda busy on the weekends oh and I probably won't be on tomorrow until say 4:30 :\ I have church tomorrow it's also potluck at church and the church service is from 10:30 to 12:00 then my mom's got dance class and I;m coming with her maybe although I probably won't from 2-4... unless when I get up at 6:30 and everyones asleep XD sometimes if no ones up besides me I'll sneak on the laptop XD oh and OwnageDerp yeah your taste bud's have definintly changed in 10 years XD
I bought this video game cleaner, Game Dr., I tried it on 2 disks, and it just broke them!!!
I am so mad!
(P.S. does anyone know how to fix that?)
Hey guys! I had a cross country meet this morning!Smile and here's how I didSmile
Great Job!
On the way back to school after a cross country meet, my friend and I argued for the whole 1 hour 33 minute bus ride. The whole thing.
The argument? Whether this stick I had was called THE stick or A stick. Our arguments took various tangents such as algebra, luck, happiness, and English class. It was the weirdest argument I've had in awhile.
............... really you argued about that Tired I've had silliar arguments like the way Adolecent is pronounced or discussing with my 8 year old little brother weather he's been through puberty or not...
It got to the point to where the captain came from the back of the bus to tell at us. Once he left we kept arguing XD
(Sep. 28, 2013  10:04 PM)Kyler_the best Wrote: Great Job!

ThanksGrin I think I could've done better because I wasn't that tired afterwards!Unhappy
(Sep. 28, 2013  10:16 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: On the way back to school after a cross country meet, my friend and I argued for the whole 1 hour 33 minute bus ride. The whole thing.
The argument? Whether this stick I had was called THE stick or A stick. Our arguments took various tangents such as algebra, luck, happiness, and English class. It was the weirdest argument I've had in awhile.

You are like my #1 source for random absurd quotes lol
I feel so accomplished XD
what about me? don't I have any posts worth putting in your sig? I'm pretty sure I do just check I have lots of wacky posts :\ @Ultramarine consider yourself lucky Serious oh and at my church I'm the teen of the month! I've got a bio wich they read to me before printing and a picture XD
Haha, how are you "teen" of the month, if you're 12?

Currently making a Beyblade video for DrigerGT to see if I can continue making his videos for him, wish me luck guys! I'm working really hard on it!
Oh my god...rkalajian's post in your sig, Cake. I'm crying, I'm laughing to hard.