[Raleigh, NC, 03/29/2014] GBT2: North Carolina Qualifier

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: ifqn.png]
SATURDAY, MARCH 29 2014
Game Theory - Pleasant Valley Promenade,
6260 Glenwood Ave, Suite 109, Raleigh, NC

LIMITED FORMAT

Registration - 11AM
Start Time - 12PM

The road to the Grand Battle begins! North Carolina Bladers, this is your chance to earn paid travel expenses (if necessary) to ANIME NORTH, along with an AN Pass to play in the WBO North American Championship, GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2!!

Mandatory $5 Entry Fee = More Qualifiers + Extra Credits + Free Face Booster!
To help subsidize the high cost of flying/busing the qualifiers to Toronto, a mandatory $5 entry fee will be imposed on all Qualifier Series tournaments, regardless of whether or not a participant has a Blader Passport (if you wish to purchase a Blader Passport, the total cost would be $15 at a Qualifier Series tournament), and there will be no prize reimbursement apart from the travel expenses for the winner. We hope that everyone can understand this! The more funds we have, the bigger this championship will be! However, to show our appreciation for your cooperation and support in helping to fund the championship, all participants in Qualifier Series tournaments will receive the following:

What can I win?
The winner of this qualifier will receive the following:
  • Paid travel expenses, by plane/bus/public transit (if necessary, and whichever is cheapest) to ANIME NORTH 2014 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2.
  • An ANIME NORTH 2014 Pass
Qualifiers will be responsible for finding/paying for accommodations in Toronto, but we will work closely with each of you to make sure that you find somewhere suitable. Additionally, the winner will be required to consult with the Committee before booking their flight/bus, and then after approval, provide a booking confirmation to the WBO Committee before they can provide reimbursement for the traveling costs. We can also reimburse gas costs, but in that case, reimbursement will only take place in person after we have received gas receipts.

What is “Limited Format”?
If you are not familiar with Limited Format, please take the time to read through this thread:
MFB: Limited :: Primer, Random Thoughts, and Q&A Thread!

And for the up to date ban list for Limited Format, please check this thread:
Limited Ban List Discussion

If you think you'll be able to make it out to GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: North Carolina Qualifier, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees
Dark_Mousy
TheBlackDragon
TigerOfTheWest
StormScorpio1
BladerLight
Goku985
Ritsuka
Geester
OntheDL(Geesters Mom)
DefStamina88
trevorjordan
Stars

Maybes
Xaos Ninja
bloodblader2001
amidamaru
*Ginga*
Pegasesunite
smitty90

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Mar. 22, 2014  3:48 AM)Stars Wrote: Yawn...Confirm me.

Ah Good to see your coming. Now this shall be fun.

I also want to say this:

If its become apparent that a theft has happened at this tournament, we will pause the tournament and camera footage (Yes GT has Cameras) will be reviewed. IF you are caught stealing you will be DQed from the tournament, you will be banned from the WBO, Game Theory, Beyblade, Every game store in North Carolina, Virgina, and surrounding areas. I will also make sure you never participate in any kind of gaming event in any official capacity again. I have those connections, I will do it.

And on that note, I say Good Day.
(Mar. 22, 2014  3:48 AM)Stars Wrote: Yawn...Confirm me.

OH YAH LET'S GO!!

I'm sorry, I'm waaaay too excited about this.

But, just to clarify, y'all are goin' down. Eee
Err anyone interested in Plastic/HMS tournament? Double elimination would be good. I'm thirsty for Credits.

(Mar. 22, 2014  4:23 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: OH YAH LET'S GO!!

-insert Chansey "Dude you wanna carpin die" meme-

Let do the pie thing actually....guild that loses all members in the guild that participated will get pied. Deal or Duq
I wouldn't do that if I were you, haha. There are five players on GT, and only two of you.

Plus, I already know how to beat you both. Wink

Oh wait, 3 if *Ginga* comes, which would be really cool, But still...

You do realize we're both just setting ourselves up to look like idiots if we lose, right? XD

The pie thing was really fun, LOL. I don't see why not, BWAHAHAHA!! Eee

Well, that is, if the other members agree. Not too sure how Thunder Dome, Defstamina88, Stormscorpio1 and/or Dark_Mousy would like that.
I don't even know what the pie thing is, but it sounds bad...

And it's a cool thing that GT is using those cameras now. Since that theft, I have almost fully recovered (still need an E230), but yeah...

ALso, it's pretty evident that for me, BB-10>Zero-G>Limited, so this is probably gonna be the first tournament that I don't notch a win...
(Mar. 22, 2014  5:13 AM)Stars Wrote: Err anyone interested in Plastic/HMS tournament? Double elimination would be good. I'm thirsty for Credits.

(Mar. 22, 2014  4:23 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: OH YAH LET'S GO!!

-insert Chansey "Dude you wanna carpin die" meme-

Let do the pie thing actually....guild that loses all members in the guild that participated will get pied. Deal or Duq

Not sure about a pie this go around. But Plastics might interest me. I don't have any tornado balance stadiums. Doing two tournaments are possible. We do have limited amount of time at GT just for the simple fact they do have other events going on that day.
@Def: Pfffttt, you'll do fine.

The "pie thing" is where someone hits you really hard in the face with a cream pie in the parking lot. We did it at the revival. Losers get pied! MD vs. NC!! Whooooo!

Don't worry, we'll clean 'em out anyway, so there's nothing to be concerned about. Wink

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, we can just have one pie-representative for each region. Stars and I could take the pie depending on who's side wins it. That way we only need one, and only two people are at risk.
Geester's mom can be our representative. XD
LOL, that would be pretty funny...

Waaaiiiit... just realized this'll be block round robin. Put me in with Stars Dark!!
Plastic in BB-10 is way better than tornado balance. Double elimination takes really about 30 minutes in plastic since they tend to finish fast.
Double Elimination should only be used with over twenty participants though.
(Mar. 22, 2014  7:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Double Elimination should only be used with over twenty participants though.
basically if it was a large event I would do it of it on a time schedule I would still do it.

I did it last month. Ask Uwik.
confirm me and kgirl
Call me maybe?

If my dad doesn't have to work this upcoming weekend, we might make an appearance! Thankfully it's my sprig break!
(Mar. 23, 2014  1:55 AM)Tri Wrote: Call me maybe?

If my dad doesn't have to work this upcoming weekend, we might make an appearance! Thankfully it's my sprig break!

Dude I swear if you come that would be awesome.

So many highly concentrated beypoints up for grabs! Time for Maryland to feast.
(Mar. 23, 2014  2:57 AM)*Ginga* Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2014  1:55 AM)Tri Wrote: Call me maybe?

Dude I swear if you come that would be awesome.

So many highly concentrated beypoints up for grabs! Time for Maryland North Carolina to feast.

But seriously, this is gonna be aaaaaaaaaawwwwweeeesssssooooommmmmeee!
Aww yeah, confirm me.
Ahh, I really wish I could go to this. There's so many cool people that are going/might go and it'll get pretty intense with a bunch of experienced bladers. You all are going to have a lot of fun.
Man this event is gonna be super special awesome. If you have a bb10 bring it. Also if you can judge bring a tablet if you can so we can keep up with brackets? I will have my tablet with me.
Is there WiFi at Game Theory? I'll be able to bring my dad's iPad mini to film/do what you need but it doesn't have 3G ...

Oh, and Game Theory doesn't happen to sell Beyblades at all does it?
No, they don't sell any Beyblades, but they do have WiFi.
OK, thats cool. Then I'll definitely bring my iPad mini.
So how about after the qualifier, a Team GT vs Team Maryland match.
It certainly isn't in our favor, but what the hell.