Poll: Interest for a new Burst format up to Beyblade Burst GT

Poll: Is Burst GT format something you would like to see added to the WBO Burst formats?

Yes
93.33%
No
6.67%
Total: 100% 60 vote(s)
Is there interest out there for a format that bans layers and disks after the end of Beyblade burst GT?  Here is a quick backbone of the format:

Burst GT Format (BGT)

Inclusions:
-All layers up the the end of Beyblade Burst GT
-All MFB remake layers
-All Plastics remake layers 
-All Hasbro layers released to date (including pro series)
-All drivers 

Banned:
-All layers released after GT
-All disks released after GT

Would this interest people?  It’s also nice that Hasbro Pro Series has caught up to the GT era. Any suggestions and comments are welcome.
With the accessibility of Pro Series, as well as the diversity of the format, with so many attack or defense options, this is a format I'd love.

It's even a format we can use most of the MFB Remakes in! That's a cool pro to it.
Yeah, I'm cool with this format, seems awesome and saves money since GT and under Beys are relatively cheap! And they're not super buffed like in Sparking, so everyone gets a fair chance! I'd really like this format!
Ah yes, let's go back to Judgement Vs. Judgement.

All joking aside it's actually a fun idea, and I'd love to experiment with it sometime.
I made a thread with this idea, but not as specific like you did, and people didn’t think it was a good idea for some reason. But yeah! This is an awesome idea that also have been thinking of ever since DB came around.
Yes! GT was fun. Time to stock up on more Judgements lol
I like this idea. With Pro Series being super accessible and continuing to grow plus the relative cheapness/accessibility of GT beys (JJ & ZL like $7-8 on Amazon.com) makes this format have a very low barrier to entry. Plus there are plenty of Cho-Z beys viable here as well that wouldn’t be available in Limited (czS, czV, czA, pP) that many bladers likely have.

It might seem odd, but if this format came to be, I’d like to see ALL GT beys removed from Limited. No need for that much cross-over if they have a home here.
To add to this, maybe we could also add things like Revive Pheonix, Cho-z spriggan, cho-z Valkryie, and cho-z Achilles since those are too op for limited, but would do well amongst Gt beys. But like SupaDav03 said, this means all GT layers should be removed from limited which won’t change much since the only thing they offer in limited is burst resistance.
(Aug. 21, 2021  2:10 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: To add to this, maybe we could also add things like Revive Pheonix, Cho-z spriggan, cho-z Valkryie, and cho-z Achilles since those are too op for limited, but would do well amongst Gt beys. But like SupaDav03 said, this means all GT layers should be removed from limited which won’t change much since the only thing they offer in limited is burst resistance.

Pre GT stuff would be fine for sure per the OP so I'm assuming that covers your request. 

I would love a relatively aggressive burst format, so I'm 100% behind this. Be nice to see judgment, zwei and imperial not getting shafted by the weight creep!
I would love to organize and play in tournaments using a format like this! It sounds like so much fun, and as SupaDav03 mentioned, parts from the Cho-Z and GT era are cheap and accessible nowadays. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this to see where it goes.
(Aug. 21, 2021  2:26 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: I would love to organize and play in tournaments using a format like this! It sounds like so much fun, and as SupaDav03 mentioned, parts from the Cho-Z and GT era are cheap and accessible nowadays. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this to see where it goes.

I mean I agree, but Gt beys are still somewhat useful. As a persepective from someone (me) who doesn’t own any useful DB beys, (I only have dynamite Belial stock) and none of the new competetive parts, Gt is pretty useful to me. Master is good for left stamina/defense. Naked is a good left equalizer, lord is good for overall stamina/ spin steal. That’s basically it cause I have rage, so I don’t need Zwei. And I guess I have tempest so I don’t need lord, but Gt can still be somewhat useful. But yeah this format is a good idea
Love it. Definitely support.
I would be very down for this format. i’ve been thinking about this for a while. i could probably try to host a test run tournament for this in late september or early october
This sounds really interesting. My only question is would Hasbro's Wheel be allowed?
(Aug. 21, 2021  2:43 AM)Jebathan Wrote: This sounds really interesting. My only question is would Hasbro's Wheel be allowed?

Probably. I mean if things like sting and blitz are allowed, hasbro wheel would be. But I’d use 00 cross or 0 cross instead of wheel hasbro for any combo.
(Aug. 21, 2021  1:42 AM)Shindog Wrote: Is there interest out there for a format that bans layers and disks after the end of Beyblade burst GT?  Here is a quick backbone of the format:

Burst GT Format (BGT)

Inclusions:
-All MFB remake layers
-All drivers 

Banned:

Would this interest people?  It’s also nice that Hasbro Pro Series has caught up to the GT era. Any suggestions and comments are welcome.

I'd be all for it, reliving the time before Rage Longinus will be glorious
idk about this im not very into competitive stuff even if its not very competitive
I think this is a great idea. I would love to see what would happen in this format. I would be down to test this.
I'm down for thsi! GT is affordable, and this is competitive and fun, I'm down if you and the SM's (Staf Memebers ) Release this!
(Aug. 21, 2021  2:46 AM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2021  1:42 AM)Shindog Wrote: Is there interest out there for a format that bans layers and disks after the end of Beyblade burst GT?  Here is a quick backbone of the format:

Burst GT Format (BGT)

Inclusions:
-All MFB remake layers
-All drivers 

Banned:

I'd be all for it, reliving the time before Rage Longinus will be glorious

Lol, Zwei is kinda like the rage of it’s time. But you could say that nightmare is like the Zwei of it’s time, so I guess every Longinus is like the next evolution but of it’s time if that makes sense. But yeah it would be nice to re-live a time before rage was knocking everything out.
I think some early Sparking layers on single chassis (Glide, Curse, Super, King, Variant, maybe even Brave but doubtful on that one) would probably fit right in with that crowd.

It's basically a GT standard format, so I doubt we'd see any Cho-Z layers or MFB remake layers aside from the occasional Perfect Phoenix for right LAD.
I feel like I’d rather have a Cho-Z oriented format that has some early GT stuff rather than a GT oriented system. I don’t really care as much for GT as I do Cho-Z since that’s what I started burst out with. This is interesting, but I think the focus should be shifted. Cho-Z stuff can be found for cheap prices if you know where to look, so that’s also a benefit.
I'm very interested in this format, I would love to be able to use Cho Z and GT layers competitively.
    With the rise of the Pro Series as well, it gives lots of people the ability to get into tournaments without having to search for Japan only products and be able to use what they've bought in local stores.
    Plus, I love the gimmicks of Cho Z and GT, and having them be viable/important choices instead of having to throw that all away because the newest beys are heavier is a very big positive and would bring more exciting battles. While I don't know if Cho Z gets stomped on by GT, I think having the layers available to be used is good enough, since I wouldn't have been able to use Cho Z in any tournaments anyways. The idea of seeing Metal Fight remakes be used in tournaments as well is great, I'd like to see a Galaxy Pegasus or Storm Pegasus putting in work in the arena.
I said it before when RogueBlader suggested a GT/Sparking format, and I'll say it again.

We have too many formats for burst as is, and as we've learned, many bladers are incapable of reading the rules and show up to tournaments with fake parts that aren't even valid for the format being played that day. I really like Burst Classic, and there are people who enjoy limited. But it's too soon to suggest another.