Poll: Interest for a new Burst format up to Beyblade Burst GT

Poll: Is Burst GT format something you would like to see added to the WBO Burst formats?

Yes
93.33%
No
6.67%
Total: 100% 60 vote(s)
I decided is maybe finally time to add a poll after the discussion has sort of died down. Would like to see what people think after the discussion in this thread.
As for me, I still think it should be a format. GT doesn’t really have a place to be viable in right now. And I might be biased because GT is my favorite system, but I also think it was the most balanced format and by now most people have lots of GT parts that can be used for good combinations. With things like Xtend+ and bearing being upgraded in GT and new elements of drivers being found (ex: awakened rise) as well as straight up newer drivers it would be a really interesting and unique format that I personally would love to see. Hopefully all of you agree.
I think it should definitely be a format - and most importantly I think it needs to be done ASAP while judgment, command, lord, pP and zwei are all still on shelves with master and x' round the corner. Like right now you can make a number of competitive combos for it without importing, which I think is huge and will make the format extremely popular via sheer accessibility. If we leave it too long and they go, it really hurts the format in the long term to take away that advantage it has to get a foothold.

This is particularly important to me. So, in Perth the other week there was a 50 person tournament. Age capped at 14, but there are players here. I need to be able to make the WBO engaging to them and most importantly their parents. You know what would help me most with that? A format that means said parents don't have to buy from overseas for their kids, but instead can go to the local Kmart and get parts for. This could be huge for Perth... But we also need it ranked so there's a reason to do it via the WBO rather than just doing a non-WBO tournament (I can probably get players easier for that with our rep for being Super Serious) - and fir non-WBO I could charge entry fees for bigger prizes etc (MOT coupons aren't really useful in Aus)... Basically I need to have a really good reason for them to engage with us and BGT really could be it I think. So, please do consider expediency for my little town 🥲
(Nov. 21, 2021  2:17 AM)th!nk Wrote: I think it should definitely be a format - and most importantly I think it needs to be done ASAP while judgment, command, lord, pP and zwei are all still on shelves with master and x' round the corner. Like right now you can make a number of competitive combos for it without importing, which I think is huge and will make the format extremely popular via sheer accessibility. If we leave it too long and they go, it really hurts the format in the long term to take away that advantage it has to get a foothold.

This is particularly important to me. So, in Perth the other week there was a 50 person tournament. Age capped at 14, but there are players here. I need to be able to make the WBO engaging to them and most importantly their parents. You know what would help me most with that? A format that means said parents don't have to buy from overseas for their kids, but instead can go to the local Kmart and get parts for. This could be huge for Perth... But we also need it ranked so there's a reason to do it via the WBO rather than just doing a non-WBO tournament (I can probably get players easier for that with our rep for being Super Serious) and for that I can charge entry fees for bigger prizes etc (MOT coupons aren't really useful in Aus)... I need to have a really good reason for them to engage with us and BGT really could be it I think. So, please do consider expediency for my little town 🥲

yes at today's tournament, the northwest cup, there were many people using pro series beys which only can shine in bgt as they are banned in burst limited but are outclassed by weight in standard and would be more enjoyable for all if there was a bgt format.
(Nov. 21, 2021  2:23 AM)Beybladedb Wrote:
(Nov. 21, 2021  2:17 AM)th!nk Wrote: I think it should definitely be a format - and most importantly I think it needs to be done ASAP while judgment, command, lord, pP and zwei are all still on shelves with master and x' round the corner. Like right now you can make a number of competitive combos for it without importing, which I think is huge and will make the format extremely popular via sheer accessibility. If we leave it too long and they go, it really hurts the format in the long term to take away that advantage it has to get a foothold.

This is particularly important to me. So, in Perth the other week there was a 50 person tournament. Age capped at 14, but there are players here. I need to be able to make the WBO engaging to them and most importantly their parents. You know what would help me most with that? A format that means said parents don't have to buy from overseas for their kids, but instead can go to the local Kmart and get parts for. This could be huge for Perth... But we also need it ranked so there's a reason to do it via the WBO rather than just doing a non-WBO tournament (I can probably get players easier for that with our rep for being Super Serious) and for that I can charge entry fees for bigger prizes etc (MOT coupons aren't really useful in Aus)... I need to have a really good reason for them to engage with us and BGT really could be it I think. So, please do consider expediency for my little town 🥲

yes at today's tournament, the northwest cup, there were many people using pro series beys which only can shine in bgt as they are banned in burst limited but are outclassed by weight in standard and would be more enjoyable for all if there was a bgt format.

BGT could also clear up the space in Hasbro Only tournaments since there would be a format that Pro Series beys can compete in. Keeping Hasbro Only just the normal (non pro) releases.
The pro series’ existence and availability at the brick and mortar is really a huge boon to this format as many have already pointed out.  Our more established communities have extensive TT import players and won’t benefit from the pro series being widely available as much.  These communities may not see any rush to add another format to Burst. I think this format will really help up and coming communities.

I think this comment was made about burst classic on numerous occasions when it was introduced:

“You can walk into Target right now, buy beyblades and be highly competitive in WBO tournaments” 

I think we can say the same about BGT right now. I see the BGT as having the potential to be the strongest introductory format to the WBO and burst formats.
I love this format from an accessibility standpoint. With Pro Series readily accessible and still going, it allows anyone to go to the local superstore/toy store and come away with a competitive bey. There are also some fan favorites for longer tenured players that we’d love to see back in the competitive scene. 👍🏼 For me on this format.
I think that it’s a great format, the meta is definitely more attack centric than any of the current burst formats. It’s also gonna give use to pro series outside of accessible rubber dash drivers.
Finally, an excuse to assemble that epic Zwei combo I never had the money to buy. Zwei Fafnir Sting Quick' Goku.

EDIT: Also stuff like Judgement, Imperial, Lord is awesome too

My dream loadout, should this format exist:
- Zwei Fafnir (aforementioned)
- Lord Diabolos 00Wall Xtend+
- Imperial Achilles Blitz Destroy'
I was fortunate enough to try this format out on 12/4/21 at meet up event hosted by Virtous Circle.  Here is a video by Virtuous Circle with footage from the event:

https://youtu.be/quvE3rGCqzs

I played the following combos in 10 rounds of round robin and 2 more rounds in the top 4.  

(Level chip) pP.Ig’
(Level chip) pP.Ω.Vl’
Tact Bahamut.Ig’ Goku
Master Spriggan.00C.Xt+
Judgement Diabolos.0E.X’
Zwei Bahamut.10R.Jl’ Goku
Zwei Diabolos.10R.Jl’
Imperial Dragon2.0E.X’
Imperial Dragon2.0E.DS’

Wanted to thank Virtuous Circle for trying the format out!  I really enjoyed it.
(Dec. 05, 2021  6:06 PM)Shindog Wrote: I was fortunate enough to try this format out on 12/4/21 at meet up event hosted by Virtous Circle.  Here is a video by Virtuous Circle with footage from the event:

https://youtu.be/quvE3rGCqzs

I played the following combos in 10 rounds of round robin and 2 more rounds in the top 4.  

(Level chip) pP.Ig’
(Level chip) pP.Ω.Vl’
Tact Bahamut.Ig’ Goku
Master Spriggan.00C.Xt+
Judgement Diabolos.0E.X’
Zwei Bahamut.10R.Jl’ Goku
Zwei Diabolos.10R.Jl’
Imperial Dragon2.0E.X’
Imperial Dragon2.0E.DS’

Wanted to thank Virtuous Circle for trying the format out!  I really enjoyed it.

Nice to see Tact is gonna get some time to shine. I saw VC using a few interesting things too. Really excited to see what we get as people experiment with more drivers too. Looked like a great time - hopefully it's something we can make official soon - people on discord are practically begging at this point, so I hope the WBO remembers that it needs to keep its members in mind 😳
(Nov. 25, 2021  12:13 AM)AstralFafnir Wrote: Finally, an excuse to assemble that epic Zwei combo I never had the money to buy. Zwei Fafnir Sting Quick' Goku.

EDIT: Also stuff like Judgement, Imperial, Lord is awesome too

My dream loadout, should this format exist:
- Zwei Fafnir (aforementioned)
- Lord Diabolos 00Wall Xtend+
- Imperial Achilles Blitz Destroy'

Wall with Xtend+? 
Are you sure that works?
I've been really enjoying experimenting with this format. I finally got my Hasbro bearing in and am enjoying TS4 10Lift HasBr a lot. TS4 brings a lot of weird little options to the format with Hasbro drivers I guess.

Also, using Paradox with Mobius to mimic nx+s has been quite interesting - just ripping Shin's prominence Phoenix nx-s mb off with pP.Pr.Mb and seeing it work really well was very satisfying. It's a really interesting and unique meta - it has a lot of Standard, but without the extreme weights, and with a much more dangerous meta for stamina. Perhaps areas that are less willing to use attack might not see the full benefit of the format, but I guess if people won't use attack in GT of all formats, that's kinda self inflicted (that said, MFL was designed to be very attack friendly and some places don't use attack there much either 😅)
(Dec. 11, 2021  5:10 PM)th!nk Wrote: I've been really enjoying experimenting with this format. I finally got my Hasbro bearing in and am enjoying TS4 10Turn HasBr a lot. TS4 brings a lot of weird little options to the format with Hasbro drivers I guess.

Also, using Paradox with Mobius to mimic nx+s has been quite interesting - just ripping Shin's prominence Phoenix nx-s mb off with pP.Pr.Mb and seeing it work really well was very satisfying. It's a really interesting and unique meta - it has a lot of Standard, but without the extreme weights, and with a much more dangerous meta for stamina. Perhaps areas that are less willing to use attack might not see the full benefit of the format, but I guess if people won't use attack in GT of all formats, that's kinda self inflicted (that said, MFL was designed to be very attack friendly and some places don't use attack there much either 😅)
How did paradox work for you in opposite spin? I know mobius is quite wide so giving it a wider disc would help stability in same spin, perhaps making it stall even more. But since mobius is taller than most things does paradox take away from how it goes on top of beys? I would think a more compact disc gives the opponent less contact to equalize from and the layers underside can spin on top of the layer, and a wider disc would do the opposite. I don’t have mobius though, so you undoubtedly know more than me. I’m just curious.
(Dec. 11, 2021  8:35 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2021  5:10 PM)th!nk Wrote: I've been really enjoying experimenting with this format. I finally got my Hasbro bearing in and am enjoying TS4 10Turn HasBr a lot. TS4 brings a lot of weird little options to the format with Hasbro drivers I guess.

How did paradox work for you in opposite spin? I know mobius is quite wide so giving it a wider disc would help stability in same spin, perhaps making it stall even more. But since mobius is taller than most things does paradox take away from how it goes on top of beys? I would think a more compact disc gives the opponent less contact to equalize from and the layers underside can spin on top of the layer, and a wider disc would do the opposite. I don’t have mobius though, so you undoubtedly know more than me. I’m just curious.
 It's more that paradox has good OWD and also a low centre of gravity, preventing Mobius from toppling or scraping much. Tbh the protection re height is good if anything, prevents destabilisation from below. Mobius has some of the best LAD in the game so it wants maximum equalisation.
(Dec. 12, 2021  3:46 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2021  8:35 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: How did paradox work for you in opposite spin? I know mobius is quite wide so giving it a wider disc would help stability in same spin, perhaps making it stall even more. But since mobius is taller than most things does paradox take away from how it goes on top of beys? I would think a more compact disc gives the opponent less contact to equalize from and the layers underside can spin on top of the layer, and a wider disc would do the opposite. I don’t have mobius though, so you undoubtedly know more than me. I’m just curious.
 It's more that paradox has good OWD and also a low centre of gravity, preventing Mobius from toppling or scraping much. Tbh the protection re height is good if anything, prevents destabilisation from below. Mobius has some of the best LAD in the game so it wants maximum equalisation.
Huh. I was under the impression mobius didn’t benefit from a lower center of gravity, but I guess it does, and that makes sense since mobius doesn’t tip over since it’s so flat.
(Dec. 12, 2021  7:19 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 12, 2021  3:46 AM)th!nk Wrote:  It's more that paradox has good OWD and also a low centre of gravity, preventing Mobius from toppling or scraping much. Tbh the protection re height is good if anything, prevents destabilisation from below. Mobius has some of the best LAD in the game so it wants maximum equalisation.
Huh. I was under the impression mobius didn’t benefit from a lower center of gravity, but I guess it does, and that makes sense since mobius doesn’t tip over since it’s so flat.

Mobius wants a low COG more than perhaps any driver in the game, its height means it will tip otherwise. Awakening it helps a bit but makes it even more aggressive, and like with Drift a low centre of gravity also reduces this aggression. 

The other reason for Paradox with pP in particular is that while with the armor on something like Blitz or Convert or Vanguard will work, without the armor they all still tip (due to the combo being so narrow that when it tilts, it tips), whereas paradox prevents this. It is slightly more recoily, but hits to it can re-set clicks and it will occasionally KO Xt+ opponents. Dunno if I like it so much in left mind you, much more aggressive there.
I’m hosting a BGT tournament this weekend. Hopefully I’ll be able to provide some good data/insight from the event. I’ll use Challonge and try to record some matches as well.
(Dec. 14, 2021  5:15 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote: I’m hosting a BGT tournament this weekend. Hopefully I’ll be able to provide some good data/insight from the event. I’ll use Challonge and try to record some matches as well.

Hell yeah man! Pumped for you!

Speaking of pumped, I just got an LLD and put together lld blitz jl' (lower height ist gut)... It's like playing LLD in limited (or maybe even that period where everyone was running c145wb as their ultimate Defense setup despite mf lld ch120rf existing)... It's like a meaner but leaner zwei, you do feel the lack of weight but you get a lot of speed for it and the shape just sends things reeling out of the stadium, it's very refined. Much as it wants a metal face, it is definitely one of the premier attack types of the format from what I've used so far. Maybe I'll pick it up tomorrow and it will all have been a fluke but I'm blown away. 
E: not a fluke

So much for a solved format - though if the team keeps ignoring the push from players long enough, we might actually have the time to solve it beforehand and take some of the interest out of it. Actually, the slow reaction surprises me given people are actively trying to host and play the format *despite* the WBO not recognising it - situation seems a bit odd to me... What are we waiting on y'all?

(I'm also updating my previous post about notable layers as I go, also got earth and burn today, but didn't have the time to try them).
(Dec. 15, 2021  6:35 PM)th!nk Wrote: Actually, the slow reaction surprises me given people are actively trying to host and play the format *despite* the WBO not recognising it - situation seems a bit odd to me... What are we waiting on y'all?

The GT Format has already been proposed and voted on by Organized Play staff and we're in the process of voting at the director level. Moving MFB's 4D Format to experimental may take priority since there's more documentation behind it and it's been in the works for longer at this point.
During GT format was the first time I ever went to a tournament. It would be fun to relive those memories 1-2 years later.
(Dec. 16, 2021  12:25 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Dec. 15, 2021  6:35 PM)th!nk Wrote: Actually, the slow reaction surprises me given people are actively trying to host and play the format *despite* the WBO not recognising it - situation seems a bit odd to me... What are we waiting on y'all?

The GT Format has already been proposed and voted on by Organized Play staff and we're in the process of voting at the director level. Moving MFB's 4D Format to experimental may take priority since there's more documentation behind it and it's been in the works for longer at this point.

I'm very excited for 4d format and also glad to see Cake being able to give the amount of input he appears to have been able to - seeing his (practically unrivalled) knowledge acknowledged is really encouraging for users in general I think. However, formats aren't a zero sum game ya know! There have been people actually proposing and hosting GT events (inside or outside the WBO) which shows the level of interest (MFL didn't have this, and nor will 4D I believe?) - like, people are already experimenting with this and already playing and hosting it and we're just letting that go and not trying to facilitate this? Really? Aside from new drivers, most of the bones of the format were there about 2 years ago anyway (the new drivers add some new aspects but none of them, not even the dreaded drift, present much of a concern). If you want testing of specific things, I can even provide that for y'all as a priority if it'll help - I've already been keeping notes on competitive layers a page or two back that I've updated a few times and can do explainers on just about any part you want... I've actually played GT more than I played MFL while working on the banlist for that pre-launch (no metal fury scythe here either), and it's a beautiful format. There is already a pretty much finished banlist and aside from that most of the format rulebooks are the same anyway, it's not like there is much yet to be done other than the staff side yeah?

I'm being a little pushy because I would personally really like to see it done while the parts are on shelves to make it a highly competitive format that is accessible right now - give people an entry way into high level competitive blading even if they can't buy online. The format loses out a lot if we procrastinate - and so does our community. We're here to encourage people to spin tops right? They want to, and there's an opportunity to let more people do so competitively, so let's take it!

The other thing is, formats aren't a zero sum game, so por que no los dos? Just think of the hype behind a massive double header announcement of two formats the community has all this excitement for - at this point they're not going to steal from each other but feed each other. Double headers to launch them? I dunno, maybe I'm too enthusiastic but man give me a double header announcement like that and I'd be bouncing off the walls!

Sorry for the essay, but I am super hyped for this format, GT is really what got me engaged with Burst ya know?
Here some footage of a BGT meet up event played with 3 on 3 1st stage format, courtesy of Virtuous Circle.

https://youtu.be/n6rmvAZCC8A
The BGT tournament was a lot of fun. I saw A LOT more attack used, especially in the opening rounds, than I have in a long time. We had Hasbro, Pro Series, and TT beys all make appearances with stuff like czV, czS, Lord, Zwei, Judgement, Master, Soul/Naked, Imperial, Wizard, Prime Apocalypse & Regalia Genesis being played (and winning matches). The format seemed very balanced with no one layer or driver seeming too OP. Drift was used by a few but was beaten by both Zwei & Judgement in different matches. Zone’ & Bearing’ we’re actually tougher to deal with. Hopefully the videos and results from this past weekend will help push BGT closer to being approved as a ranked format.