Pick 3 Choose 1 and 3on3 Formats Approved for ALL Ranked Tournaments

You spoke and we listened! Over the past several years, the WBO community has come to value new formats and play styles. Many of you have hosted unranked 3on3 and P3C1 formats and it’s thanks to your hard work that we can make the following announcement:

Beginning January 1st 2022, Pick 3 Choose 1 and 3-on-3 will officially become ranked formats. This means that approval for ranked tournaments in these formats will no longer need to be granted on a case-by-case basis. This is the first time that the WBO has ever offered multiple match formats and we’re excited for what this HUGE change means for our communities around the world. We look forward to hearing your feedback as we roll this update out in the new year. More information about these formats can be found below or in the Organizer's Guide.

Pick 3 Choose 1 Ruleset
Pick 3 Choose 1 Community Discussion Thread

Tournament History:
9/8/2019, MD: Qc'er Than Lightning (Host: Yami)
10/12/2019, NY: Easy Pickings (Host: LazerBeamz)
10/19/2019, CA: Van Nuys Beyclash (Host: Shindog)
11/3/2019, ON: yenesis (Host: Kei)

7/4/2021, ON: HIGH PARK THROWDOWN - Burst Limited (Host: Kei)
10/31/2021, ON: LET IT RIPTIDE (Host: Kei)

3-on-3 Ruleset

Tournament History:
10/13/2019, ON: NO SLEEP TILL BEYBLADE (Host: Kei)
12/13/2020, FL: The Fire Festival (5G) (Host: FireKingArd)

7/4/2021, ON: HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 12 - BURST (Host: Kei)
8/8/2021, FL: 5G Farewell Bellafrogs :) (Host: Cscramon)

8/14/2021, MD: Overly Complicated Rules (Host: DeceasedCrab)
9/12/21, CA: Shin LA Burst Standard (Host: Shindog)
10/2/2021, ON: SOME BEYS ARE FAST, SOME BEYS ARE SLOW (Host: Kei)
10/17/2021, CA: It is all about "WBBA" (5G) (Host: Virtuous Circle)

Feedback?
If you have any feedback on these particular changes, or any questions or suggestions for further adjustments or additions, please post your thoughts below or in the WBO Organized Play Rules thread.
Fantastic decision. Very glad to see it - it will be a massive help for the more LAD heavy formats IMO, and I do enjoy the gameplay (though plastics will need some adaptation to function at all in the same way deck doesn't work for it rn, that's for another time). P3C1 is also a very good format for running multiple attack combos in one "deck"... If feasible.

Of course, with more use of multi Beyblade formats I can only assume the staff can also understand the urgency that now surrounds repealing the failed driver variant restriction rule. It's good to see staff listen on this one - hopefully y'all can listen to other feedback from recent times too Wink
I'm very excited to host with these formats in the future! I can't thank y'all (Those who hosted the events leading to this decision as well as the staff team) enough for this, I was tempted to use them in the past but chose not to run them due to me wanting to stick with ranked tournaments. Time to break out the deck boxes and let the good times roll! Smile
This is the most beautiful thing to happen to Beyblade since Ryuga took Kenta under his wing!!! 🥺 thanks yall 🙏🏾
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Overly-...es--100374

Insert yelling here!
This is going to be fun, especially for me as a host who has been stuck to Ranked tournaments. I love deck format, can't wait to be able to play it in prelims. Thank you, staff!
(Dec. 23, 2021  11:16 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: This is going to be fun, especially for me as a host who has been stuck to Ranked tournaments. I love deck format, can't wait to be able to play it in prelims. Thank you, staff!

It's not WBO deck format in first stage, it's 3v3 or P3C1 in first stage.
(Dec. 24, 2021  12:07 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2021  11:16 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: This is going to be fun, especially for me as a host who has been stuck to Ranked tournaments. I love deck format, can't wait to be able to play it in prelims. Thank you, staff!

I think he just meant formats similiar to deck. These 2 formats are actually similiar to deck, just not the exact same thing.
(Dec. 24, 2021  12:07 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:

Yeah, I read the title. I meant p3c1, it’s the same idea.
I'm a huge fan of this change; I never really liked single bey format.
Ahhh this is so exciting!!! I was thinking about this recently and I think this would be so fun for tourneys. Hope to use this sometime Smile
I have a question about the 3v3 format, is there a place where we can see how many points KOs, bursts, and outspins are? I can’t seem to find it anywhere
(Dec. 27, 2021  9:59 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I have a question about the 3v3 format, is there a place where we can see how many points KOs, bursts, and outspins are? I can’t seem to find it anywhere

I don't think that has changed. The points are still worth the same, 1 KO, 1 outspin and 2 for burst. The formats being integrated into ranked is the only change I believe.
(Dec. 27, 2021  10:43 PM)StayCool Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2021  9:59 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I have a question about the 3v3 format, is there a place where we can see how many points KOs, bursts, and outspins are? I can’t seem to find it anywhere

I don't think that has changed. The points are still worth the same, 1 KO, 1 outspin and 2 for burst. The formats being integrated into ranked is the only change I believe.
So if the 3v3 was burst limited then everything is just one point?
(Dec. 24, 2021  12:25 AM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Dec. 24, 2021  12:07 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It's not WBO deck format in first stage, it's 3v3 or P3C1 in first stage.
Yeah, I read the title. I meant p3c1, it’s the same idea.

No, it very much is not. The information is all in the OP, maybe stop focusing on the title and start focusing on the post.
(Dec. 27, 2021  10:57 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 24, 2021  12:25 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: Yeah, I read the title. I meant p3c1, it’s the same idea.

No, it very much is not. The information is all in the OP, maybe stop focusing on the title and start focusing on the post.
I read the title and post, thank you. I understand that it’s not the same thing. I get the same idea from it, so that’s why I brought up Deck Format. Thanks.
(Dec. 27, 2021  10:44 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2021  10:43 PM)StayCool Wrote: I don't think that has changed. The points are still worth the same, 1 KO, 1 outspin and 2 for burst. The formats being integrated into ranked is the only change I believe.
So if the 3v3 was burst limited then everything is just one point?

I'm not familiar with limited to be honest, but I haven't heard of any point changes with anything.