Meteo L Drago CH120EWD!

(May. 14, 2012  4:51 AM)Uwik Wrote:
(May. 13, 2012  7:13 PM)N0body Wrote: Meteo L-Drago CH120 EWD v/s Basalt Kerbecs 230 CS
Meteo wins: 0
Basalt wins: 20(all OS)
This one really confused me because Relic got exact reverse of what I got. But my Basalt 230 CS shuts down almost every spin-stealer and pre-4D stamina type which I use against it.

Mine as well. Exact same result. 20-0 Basalt wins. It means that you have one of the good Basalt 230 CS. A Basalt with great Balance, 230 (from Flame Byxis, I assume?), and a extremely good CS.

This reminds me of the fact that Dan and th!nk were baffled that MF LLD BD145 RF could not beat my MF Basalt 230 CS under any circumstances. It's probably the same case.

Anyway, the combo set-up, Meteo LDrago CH120 EWD is probably the BEST spin equalizer combo, MFB will ever see. It has the ability to clutch up half to one extra spin rotation at the end.
I seriously think that MF Gravity Perseus 100EWD is better than this combo. I dont mean to sound rude but IMO MF Gravity Perseus 100EWD does the same thing but better.

I will post tests tomorrow. I dont have a CS though...

The gravity wheel is not so good stamina wise either left spin or right spin. Gravity is much better for attack types.
If you don't know anything about the combo then don't comment on it. It's a useful combo but I can't remember what against exactly.
(May. 14, 2012  9:20 PM)Ultra Wrote: If you don't know anything about the combo then don't comment on it. It's a useful combo but I can't remember what against exactly.

I do know some other combos that can beat it easily. i was saying that the gravity wheel itself can make a useful attack combination rather then a stamina.
Really good combo. What should this be used against?
Well, if you look at the test resultssss....
Just added to my box, but not sure it's any better than L-Drago Guardian/Destroy BD145RDF... will have to do testing
(May. 15, 2012  12:55 AM)Klaus Wrote: Just added to my box, but not sure it's any better than L-Drago Guardian/Destroy BD145RDF... will have to do testing

Good question ill post test up very soon, because im into this question just as much as you are.

I'd say that this combo is certainly better for spin stealing. Meteo, the height, and EWD make it.
I did the test

L-Drago Gaurdian BD145 RDF: 10-0 all OS

Meteo L-Drago CH120 EWD: 0-10
Why are you putting them against each other....the point was to obviously compare them...
(May. 15, 2012  1:59 AM)joseph317 Wrote: I did the test

L-Drago Gaurdian BD145 RDF: 10-0 all OS

Meteo L-Drago CH120 EWD: 0-10

I think Klaus meant in compairson to Spin Stealing VS Meta Combos. not Against this combo.

LDG has more weight and will slam on the light MLD by 20 Grams both being left spin MLD can't absorb and can't OS

EDIT: Beaten by GranBlue
(May. 15, 2012  2:06 AM)Granblue Wrote: Why are you putting them against each other....the point was to obviously compare them...

Oh, my bad, sorry i must of read the question differently. But anyway there are the test when they are against each other.
And spin stealing wise i think MLD CH120 EWD would win.

yes but against a bey going the same direction it will actually kill its spin faster... that's why the Fusion wheel sucks Right vs. right... Unless you put it against destroy or guardian...

and I did not mean them to be tested against each other but against the same opponents
I know it was my fault.

Anyway your right the direction of spin on each opposing beyblade makes a big difference when battling against an opponent. But in this case with MLD, it would be best against stamina types. ( not considering 230 combos.
Can someone test this combo with a W2D instead of EWD?
(May. 14, 2012  9:08 PM)Bleik Wrote: I seriously think that MF Gravity Perseus 100EWD is better than this combo. I dont mean to sound rude but IMO MF Gravity Perseus 100EWD does the same thing but better.

I will post tests tomorrow. I dont have a CS though...

I used to use that Combo before I came up with this. And yeah, it's pretty good, probably on par with this Combo. I'll post some comparative tests later on, if you really want.

Anyway, I don't get what you people are trying to prove by saying certain Spin-Stealing Combos are better than this. I certainly do understand that there are some better combo's out there, but I didn't make this thread for that purpose. If you really want to show how well your Combo works, you should back them up with tests and go ahead and make a thread (: .
(May. 15, 2012  4:03 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: Can someone test this combo with a W2D instead of EWD?

Well, you must have a valid reason to support your request, especially when you ask us to try a part that has never seen much success in anything. Smile

You see, W2D has never been a good part, and IMO, it has nothing "too special" that would be able to help a spin-steal combination better than an EWD would... Sooo.....

Relic- True enough, haha!
The purpose of spin-stealers is.. To spin steal. All combos that can do so effectively and win against a wider range of opponents are good enough. But of course all combos have a weak point. For me, MLD being spin-locked serves as its weak point. That's the reason I prefer Gravity over it most of the times(also because JSB told me a few days back that Gravity>MLD). I did not mean to claim that I found it 'better' at all. Smile

I think comparative tests b/w two spin-stealers wont be a good idea because it will be time-consuming and wont give a clear idea on the combo for which this thread is meant either. If you dont agree, go ahead, try it and see how many ties you get Tongue_out_wink
(May. 15, 2012  2:45 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(May. 15, 2012  4:03 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: Can someone test this combo with a W2D instead of EWD?

Well, you must have a valid reason to support your request, especially when you ask us to try a part that has never seen much success in anything. Smile

You see, W2D has never been a good part, and IMO, it has nothing "too special" that would be able to help a spin-steal combination better than an EWD would... Sooo.....

Relic- True enough, haha!

It does just almost about everything this one does i say almost because i havent tested it against BGrin. Also W2D takes hits alot better than EWD does.
Sniper has a good point, and what he said was all true.

FYI He beat me with a W2D TWICE!!!
Well, that's quite surprising though! Smile
If it was actually so good, it should have been it at least some use or the other. And, I am 90% sure that W2D has been tested(so one cannot say that it has been a less-tested part)...
Still, it might be worth trying new things of course, haha!
TBH, while W2D didn't get enough testing, the testing we had IIRC showed it was slightly worse than WD defensively and in terms of stamina, while EWD and WD are roughly equal. The thing is, Sniper, that you haven't tested against Phantom B: D, and that is the main difference between this combination and past spin stealers: it's the first one that's had success against it. W2D might work, but it would be a very different combination.

More testing on W2D in general would be nice, though, given I'm still not 100% convinced that it couldn't be a top-tier part, but to be honest, my personal experience with it has never been promising.
Any tests besides BGrin? ill do them.
(May. 17, 2012  12:27 AM)th!nk Wrote: TBH, while W2D didn't get enough testing, the testing we had IIRC showed it was slightly worse than WD defensively and in terms of stamina, while EWD and WD are roughly equal. The thing is, Sniper, that you haven't tested against Phantom B: D, and that is the main difference between this combination and past spin stealers: it's the first one that's had success against it. W2D might work, but it would be a very different combination.

More testing on W2D in general would be nice, though, given I'm still not 100% convinced that it couldn't be a top-tier part, but to be honest, my personal experience with it has never been promising.

I do not agree with the bolded text. Meteo 90D beats B: D quite easily along with various other 230 tracks. Also, W2D does beat B: D quite well too. I can provide proper testing if needed.