Meteo L Drago CH120EWD!

Okay did you miss my post where I said that when I tried this against Phantom Cancer AD145WD it didn't win once?
That post is the reason why I'm making a video, if at all you don't believe my tests.
I was sceptical from the start since spin equalizers have never won properly against stamina types.
I went ahead and did some tests with Meteo L-Drago CH120EWD. I believe his Phantom AD145WD test...

Meteo L-Drago CH120EWD VS Phantom Cancer AD145WD
MLD: 18/20 (All OS)
Cancer: 2/20 (All KO)
MLD %: 90%

And I went ahead and did my other requested test...

Meteo L-Drago CH120EWD VS Phantom Cygnus 230D
MLD: 16/20 (All OS)
Cygnus: 4/20 (All OS)
2 Draws Redone
MLD %: 80%

Then I decided to do a benchmark of the latter battle with MLD 100WD...

Meteo L-Drago 100WD VS Phantom Cygnus 230D
MLD: 14/20 (All OS)
Cygnus: 6/20 (5 OS, 1 KO)
1 Draw Redone
MLD %: 70%

About 10% better with CH120EWD than 100WD for my tests...
Here's the video :

I could do only 4 rounds because there wasn't enough time left to do the fifth one.

Anyway, As seen in the video, I Weak Launched Meteo in all the 4 rounds.

Round 1 - Meteo Out-Spins Phantom by a rotation.
Round 2 - Draw.
Round 3 - Meteo barely Out-Spins Phantom.
Round 4 - Meteo Out-Spins Phantom by a few rotations.

I'll try making a video against Phantom B: D soon.

@ Defstamina88, Thanks :), I'll add those tests to the O.P.
Relic: I dont know what you misunderstood. EWD is a situational part? Its free spinning. When used in opposite spin battles, the enemy bey will literaly push EWD in the direction of its spin. EWD still has use in same spin battles for stamina purposes, but its use in opposite spin battles far outweights its use in same spin battles, especialy with regards to spin stealing. Combined with MLDCH120, its even better.

@th!nk: ^why it was able to do well agaisnt phantom
Except I'm talking specifically about B: D, which is exactly what you described EWD as except better in opposite spin battles - though it's poor height and defense prevent it being competitive (as well as the lack of any suitable left-spin wheels), it is generally the bane of Spin-Stealers (as well as plastic zombies, fwiw)

Probably helps that CH120 is in the "sweet spot" of heights for destabilising it.
Right, so i did some tests, Phantom Cancer B:D vs Meteo L-Drago CH120 EWD, however there was never a clear winner, if anything Meteo was the last bey spinning, however not by a full rotation/revolution, so it wasn't really a win.

Also:
Meteo L-Drago CH120(120) EWD vs. Phantom Cancer AD145 WD
Meteo win percentage: 95%

Good, Good...

Meteo L-Drago CH120(120) EWD vs. MF-H Phantom Cancer 230 CS (Calm)
Meteo win percentage: 80%

Good, but compared to:

Meteo L-Drago ED145 EWD vs. MF-H Phantom Cancer 230 CS (Calm)
Meteo win percentage: 95%

I'm sorry, i just think there are better spin-equalizers out there.

Is there anything anyone wants tested against this?
Relic- Well, that video was quite helpful IMO.
The wins were too close as is the characteristic of every spin steal battle(which IMO, end in draws or if there is a win, its due to luck Tongue_out), but the win rate proves that it can get consistent wins, which other spin-stealing combinations usually fail to do...

And thanks! I'd be waiting for those tests! Grin

Defstamina- You were bound to get worse results with a 100WD than with CH120EWD because of the fact that its a bit too low to be used against a 230 combo, and because its WD in place of EWD. Tongue_out
I am not saying that those win rates with 100WD are bad; they are good! But its unsurprising that it got worse results as compared to CH120EWD. Wink

@th!nk- Seriously, a spin steal combo that can beat a B: D is supposed to be legendary IMO.

Randomness-
This is an epic combination, but what I fail to see for the moment are its uses....
Would it find consistent use in a tournament? Or would it be a niche combo to use, or a good "trick" to have up one's sleeve?
It beats B: D very well, but certain people wouldn't risk a spin steal combo against B: D, and instead go for Attack; as they know that even a mediocre Attack wheel would KO B: D without any problem.
Other Stamina combos too, can be beaten by a more dependable and powerful attacker. Against aggressively launched Defense combos/anti-attack and Attack combos, this combo would fail of course...

But, I see this getting AWESOME use in Hasbro stadiums; or even in a WBO tourney where most participants have access only to Hasbro stuff. These parts are easily available, and exceptionally useful for those who can't get the staple 4D Attack parts to counter certain dangerous Stamina customs. Smile
I don't understand this at all. In all the battles i've tried it hasn't won once. More than that it flies in the face of older MLD spin equalizer tests where they couldn't win against stamina.
@BHK, I'll add those tests to the O.P.

Ultra, Just to let you know, my Meteo is Hasbro. And IIRC, it has softer rubber.
In theory, ED145 does add to the same effect EWD contributes in this scenario. I have wanted to see MLD ED145EWD tested for some time now. However, the poor balance from EWD, combined with ED145's stadium scraping could lead to some issues if the combo is destabalized. Because you are testing against Phantom, that should not be to much of an issue in this case, but this time around, because you are not on the 120 height, I am not sure how well MLD's rubber will make contact with Phantom

ED145 doesnt really serve purpose in an L-drago combo, where the CW and MW must make contact with the enemy bey, not the spin track. However, ED145 seems to have minor use in combos with multidirectional spin (Variares and Gravity) as well as right spin beys in order to counter low height left-spin-stealers.
ED145 is already known for the mld+ ewd setup, guys. It's nothing new, and plenty has been said about it already.

@BHK: Try it with ch120 at 145 height, and see how they compare. You can't really dismiss a combination on a single match up, it could do better against everything but 230 or something.
Yeah. You can't just bill it as a "Better" Spin-Stealer because it got better results against that one Combo. Even I just tested the same Combo you mentioned, and from my tests, anything that is not TH170/230 resists it since it gets too imbalanced and ends up scraping the floor at the end of the Battle.

I would, its just i've been really tired lately. I've been so busy lately. Also i never actually said it was better, i said i have seen better spin-equalizers out there.
I personally like this combo. Though I am not a spin-stealer user myself, I told smallfry9730 about this combo (because he's a total spin-steal genius...) I agree with him when he says that CH120 on this fits very well, especially in 120 Height. As a matter of fact, he said he's gonna use it at Blader Jam 6.0 tomorrow. I can tell you how it goes...
Sorry for double-post, but I thought I'd just let you know that at today's Goldsboro tournament, I won against Dark_Mousy's MF-H Flash Escolpio H145R2F with this combo. Of course, only 1 was OS, but a very effective OS...

So basically, this combo helped me place 2nd. Thanks for showing me this combo, Relic!
lolerific.
Why'd you use it against an Attack Combo, though? Or was it just stall clause?
(May. 12, 2012  11:27 PM)Granblue Wrote: lolerific.

It was stall clause. I just decided to try it out...
(May. 12, 2012  11:33 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote:
(May. 12, 2012  11:27 PM)Granblue Wrote: lolerific.

It was stall clause. I just decided to try it out...
Honestly, almost everyone at the tournament thought he was going to use his MF_H (my) Duo Aquario 230 D or BD145 RSF/CS. I can see why DefStamina made that decision.
What was the exact combo Dark used? In Richmond, he used Flash on WF and did poorly, so that's left an impression on me that he's not fluent with Flash. xD
(May. 13, 2012  12:28 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: What was the exact combo Dark used? In Richmond, he used Flash on WF and did poorly, so that's left an impression on me that he's not fluent with Flash. xD

I posted it up in my post, MF-H Flash Escolpio H145R2F...
Wow, how did I miss that? xD

Nice job, then, man! Never mind that before... lol
Unbelievable...
If this thing withstood Flash's Attacks, then..............

TIME FOR SOME ATTACK TESTING, YEAH! Grin
I'd say that Flash was in mislaunch city. I completely doubt that it could stand Flash attacks, especially at the height it's at (even on 120). The same combo with WD could never stand attacks, so I doubt it would be any better with a tip that's even easier to KO.