Meteo L Drago CH120EWD!

So , I tried your Meteo 90D combo against Phantom Cancer B: D. I only tested 5 rounds as I'm doing something else now , and Phantom B: D won all 5 rounds , by 5-7 rotations. Meteo was weak-launched btw.
(May. 17, 2012  2:16 PM)Fantomu Wrote: So , I tried your Meteo 90D combo against Phantom Cancer B: D. I only tested 5 rounds as I'm doing something else now , and Phantom B: D won all 5 rounds , by 5-7 rotations. Meteo was weak-launched btw.

My question to you is, why are you weak launching? I don't weak launch at all and it would be nice to do proper testing which means, listing the stadium you used, which was launched first etc.
He might of been weak launching to see how long its spin stealing takes to catch up to the speed of phantom.
BB-10 Attack Stadium
Launcher Grip with Beylauncher and Beylauncher L for L Drago
Phantom always launched first
Parts were not swapped

Meteo L Drago 90D vs. Phantom Cancer B: D
Meteo L Drago : 2/20 (2 OS , 0 KO)
Phantom Cancer : 18/20 (18 OS , 0 KO)
1 Tie redone

More details :
You want ze testing? I give you ze testing! Sorry if it's in the wrong format though.
According to Fantomu's test Meteo L-Drago 90D id Terrible against Bearing Drives. I think it is because 90 is way to low usually people would use 100 WD. WD works much better on low tracks the D does.
D usually is used for stability on tall tracks. Maybe WD allows more maneuverability, so it isn't trying to stick in it's spot and is able to move and hit in different spots. EWD's eternal part does the same, with slightly more chaotic movement...
Honestly, using SD, D and WD is all situational. It is really about what the blader wants. Slightly more defense? Go WD. Slightly more stamina? Go SD. Again, height also plays a huge factor too (why 90D works better than 90SD or 90WD)

I havent had much time to read through this, so bear with me, but has MLD B: D been considered as a spin equalizer/stealer yet?
Long time ago when B:D first came out. Too high.
Do you remember what the combos of the opposing beys were at the time?
(May. 17, 2012  2:06 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote:
(May. 17, 2012  12:27 AM)th!nk Wrote: TBH, while W2D didn't get enough testing, the testing we had IIRC showed it was slightly worse than WD defensively and in terms of stamina, while EWD and WD are roughly equal. The thing is, Sniper, that you haven't tested against Phantom B: D, and that is the main difference between this combination and past spin stealers: it's the first one that's had success against it. W2D might work, but it would be a very different combination.

More testing on W2D in general would be nice, though, given I'm still not 100% convinced that it couldn't be a top-tier part, but to be honest, my personal experience with it has never been promising.

I do not agree with the bolded text. Meteo 90D beats B: D quite easily along with various other 230 tracks. Also, W2D does beat B: D quite well too. I can provide proper testing if needed.

By past spin stealers, I'm referring to those that are well known, which are basically MLD 100WD and ED/WD/TR145 WD/EWD, haha.

@LT13: SD is generally considered to not have any noticeable increase in stamina over WD. The topic has always been hotly debated and making such bold statements about one being better than the other for stamina is foolhardy at best.

Let's stay on topic guys, this isn't a B: D topic. There are lots of reasons why B: D isn't all that great, but the reason it's being discussed here is because it has messed with past popular spin stealers, that is all.
Some tests I completely forgot to mention :

Standard Procedure

Meteo L Drago CH120EWD V/S Duo Aquario TH170D
Meteo : 18/20 (All OS)
Duo : 2/20 (2 KOs)

MLD Win Rate : 90 %

Meteo L Drago CH120EWD V/S Basalt Bull AD145WD
Meteo : 17/20 (16 OS, 1 KO)
Basalt : 3/20

MLD Win Rate : 85 %

Anyway, I really need more members to test this, anyone willing to ? Thanks! Smile

No testing sorry (really don't have time to test MFB right now), but a couple of things: I can't get it to beat MF-F Phantom Cancer B: D, BUT it's very much worth noting that I seem to have an unusually good mold of Phantom.

However, this outspins MF-H Duo Cancer 230MB reliably, which is a very good thing.
Regarding SD vs WD, stamina tends to be the same, yes, however it all comes down to surface area. When WD is destabalized, the bey will move acroos the wide, smooth, surface area of WD and eventualy regain balance if left undisturbed. Now while D tips have little friction to begn with, a wider surface area does result in slightly more balance and stability, but more friction, which means some stamina is lost. Now SD has less surface area, but because it has a smaller surface area, it will lose less stamina to friction. But if it is destabalized, it will have a harder time regainkng balance than WD. Because of the factors that influence both of these parts, WD and SD are considered equal parts competitivly. WD is superior in terms of defense, but in terms of stamina SD abd WD are equal. D is also a good tip IMO, but lile I said befkre, it can only be used effectively on certain heights, although logicaly, D should also have near identical stamina to SD or WD.

I requested MLD B: D because if MLD went up agaisnt a taller opponent where MLD could make contact with the enemy metal wheel, then like EWD, the spin steal/equalize effect could possibly be enhanced even further. The whole point of this thread is to evaluate MLD CH120EWD, which is now the metagame's current top spin steer/equalizer, which means we can also suggest ways to possibly improve this combo and the concept surronding it, which is free spinning parts's effect on Meteo L-Drago (II)'s spin steal ability agaisnt top tear Stamina parts like Phantom, which up until now, completely obliterated spin steal combos. B: D proves to be troublesome for the same reason it benifits, like all parts that have a free spin gimmick of any kind (neglecting ES)
I'v used Meteo B: D at a tournament before. I lost both the matches in which I used it.

First off, B: D has very little friction and can't take moderately-powerful hits, and when paired with Meteo, which is exceptionally light, even a powerful hit from a wheel like Poison can KO it. Also, it has really bad balance at the end of the battle. Having good balance is crucial for a Spin-Stealer . Don't get me wrong, I get your point of taking Meteo CH120EWD to the "Next Level". Just that B: D isn't the right thing to go with. Something else, perhaps ? (:
(May. 18, 2012  11:44 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: But in terms of stamina SD abd WD are equal.
I'm glad you understand this crucial point now, but a simple "Okay I understand" would have been a much easier way to say the same thing than your post, with much lower risk of driving the thread off topic again. Most of your ramble is correct, but it's all been said before, (and better), by others, in far more appropriate places.

As for MLD B: D, it's an extremely obvious combination that has been tested before and doesn't work (and not only because it can be KO'd by everything, it doesn't work well as a spin-stealer either) . If you want to request tests, well, there's the thread for that, though it's dead, doing it in tenuously-related combination topics just isn't appropriate, the main difference of this combo from MLD combos in general is the track and tip so really...

As for D, I guess it could be used on low tracks to scraping of certain wheels (those with overhangs), but MLD 90__ shouldn't suffer that with WD. D vs WD should be retested with Duo (and Scythe) though, as it has that overhang (as well as a comparative of 85 vs 90 on it).
Alright, here's the video against Phantom Cancer B: D

Round 1 : Meteo Out-Spins Phantom by a few rotations.
Round 2 : Draw.
Round 3 : Meteo Out-Spins Phantom by a couple or rotations.
Round 4 : Meteo Out-Spins Phantom by One and a Half rotations.
So now that we know that MLD CH120EWD can beat a Bearing Drive what else can it beat besides the other post.

( all BGrin are different )
I'd just like to point out that my results were completely the opposite so that's not completely true.
It probably depends on Phantom and B: D molds with regards to which will win. I've only got an average solo spin from my B: D but my phantom always gets unusually good results in stamina matches, and B: D's LAD would obviously have an effect. This is still better than pretty much any previous spin-stealer though.
I have one of the better molds of B: D (5-6 Minutes of average Spin-Time).
(May. 21, 2012  11:21 AM)Relic Wrote: I have one of the better molds of B: D (5-6 Minutes of average Spin-Time).

Same, so it really does depend on what type of B: D you have.
Maybe, but that might not the case. Because regardless of how good the Mold is, it still has it's unique effect in Battles.
We just need more people testing this against Phantom B: D to come to a conclusion.
Nice job with the combo! This will help people like me win against all of the Duo spammers in the tourneys I go to, haha.
I take offense to that ;D
A lot of people use Phantom to though, haha, so this should basically dominate the Georgia Tournaments XD
Just remember that it won't always beat them, depending on how good the mold is that you're facing.