Legal vs illegal anime streaming sites (Must Read)

I have decided to make this thread for people who don't know the difference between a legal streaming site and an illegal streaming site.

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]9anime, kickassanime, animesuge are all illegal why? Because...[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. Those sites don't have permission to host the content.[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. They just download from torrent sites, and upload the episodes without asking the fansubbers permission. Some groups don't like their stuff posted on other sites.[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. The biggest reason why it is illegal is because sites like 9anime make money off all the their views from ads, spyware/adware, bitcoin miners, etc. They are ripping off the creators of all the anime being uploaded because 9anime is making money off of it, which is highly illegal. Not a single cent is going to any anime company or their creators.[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Which streaming sites are legal then?[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Crunchyroll, Hidive, Funimation, RetroCrush, Hulu, AnimeLab, YouTube (Official channels only; Beyblade Burst Official to name one)[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]None of these legal streaming sites have Beyblade to watch in Japanese. The only way to watch Beyblade in Japanese with English subtitles is through illegal means such as direct download links, or torrents, and illegal streaming sites. Direct downloads, and torrenting the episodes is the best unofficial way to watch them because you won't be paying sites like 9anime. We used to have download links here, but due to legal issues, such as the WBO being affiliated with official companies, we can't anymore. Please try to support the creators instead of supporting illegal streaming websites.[/font]
Watching anime legally as the only way to support is flawed thinking. Cause well, you can support other ways. Like, buying a shirt. That’s support. Watching illegally isn’t a bad thing as long as you can still support the franchises you, well, watch.

Also the main reason people watch illegally is cause crunchy roll and funimation (among other sites )kinda suck so I recommend to not use those.

Also a great way to watch anime on YouTube is to use channels like Muse Asia. They might be region locked but just use a vpn. They’re legal and ad revenue goes to supporting the anime, also subs and all that junk. Sadly there isn’t much services like this but the ones that are out there are very good.

Also to not give streaming sites money just use ad blockers they’re free and simple lol
There's really not a difference. No one's gonna pull up to your house and arrest you for watching anime "illegaly". Although there's no differences, sometimes illegal websites can have stuff to grab your information, as well as virus. So I recommend youtube since it's the best quality and it's legal.
(Feb. 25, 2021  10:41 PM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: There's really not a difference. No one's gonna pull up to your house and arrest you for watching anime "illegaly". Although there's no differences, sometimes illegal websites can have stuff to grab your information, as well as virus. So I recommend youtube since it's the best quality and it's legal.

Yeah, you won’t get arrested. Illegally sounds kinda menacing lol but there’s not even a fine or anything at all
YouTube has gotten really strict with copyrighted material lately. Most Beyblade episodes from any series unofficially uploaded will get removed pretty quickly. You can definitely thank molebeat for that 🙃

Also, you can get arrested depending on the country you're in. France is one of them.
Yk how some sites says to sign up, what's the difference if you don't?
(Feb. 25, 2021  10:44 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: YouTube has gotten really strict with copyrighted material lately. Most Beyblade episodes from any series unofficially uploaded will get removed pretty quickly. You can definitely thank molebeat for that 🙃

We gotta thank stuff like Muse Asia then for legal uploads.
(Feb. 25, 2021  10:43 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2021  10:41 PM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: There's really not a difference. No one's gonna pull up to your house and arrest you for watching anime "illegaly". Although there's no differences, sometimes illegal websites can have stuff to grab your information, as well as virus. So I recommend youtube since it's the best quality and it's legal.

Yeah, you won’t get arrested. Illegally sounds kinda menacing lol but there’s not even a fine or anything at all

Its not like FBI will come and knock down your door and arrest you because you were watching in animesurge lol
(Feb. 25, 2021  10:45 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Yk how some sites says to sign up, what's the difference if you don't?

The good stuff is locked behind it usually. As for illegal sites they’re prob just trying to get your info to sell it or sumthing.
(Feb. 25, 2021  10:45 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Yk how some sites says to sign up, what's the difference if you don't?

they might steal your info if u sign up
My brother uses Crunchyroll what's bad about it?
By the way, ill actually link the channel. Use vpn if region locked.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGbshtv...g/featured

Go to playlists and just watch I guess
(Feb. 25, 2021  10:38 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Watching anime legally as the only way to support is flawed thinking. Cause well, you can support other ways. Like, buying a shirt. That’s support. Watching illegally isn’t a bad thing as long as you can still support the franchises you, well, watch.

Also the main reason people watch illegally is cause crunchy roll and funimation (among other sites )kinda suck so I recommend to not use those.

Also a great way to watch anime on YouTube is to use channels like Muse Asia. They might be region locked but just use a vpn. They’re legal and ad revenue goes to supporting the anime, also subs and all that junk. Sadly there isn’t much services like this but the ones that are out there are very good.

Also to not give streaming sites money just use ad blockers they’re free and simple lol

Furthermore, it’s not like the FBI is going to hunt you down for watching 9anime. Also buying the toys is enough support.
I think illegal is too strong for this situation, its just watching on somewhere free
Very wrong is good enough
Well, it IS illegal what sites like 9anime are doing. They will get arrested for making money off of pirated content, that is a given. We as watchers may not get in trouble, but they will.
(Feb. 25, 2021  11:10 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: I think illegal is too strong for this situation, its just watching on somewhere free
Very wrong is good enough

It is illegal, but It’s kind of like a robin hood situation.
Tbh Japan must know not everyone is able to afford a VPN (i sure as hell can't) to watch their anime, its actually ridiculous. Tbh, i buy the beys and I take time from my busy life to watch the anime. Either way, that is supporting them.

Why the hell does it matter "how" you support it?
(Feb. 25, 2021  11:46 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Tbh Japan must know not everyone is able to afford a VPN (i sure as hell can't) to watch their anime, its actually ridiculous. Tbh, i buy the beys and I take time from my busy life to watch the anime. Either way, that is supporting them.

I use Proton VPN which has japan as a free option
(but I havent used it a lot tho )
(Feb. 25, 2021  10:46 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2021  10:43 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Yeah, you won’t get arrested. Illegally sounds kinda menacing lol but there’s not even a fine or anything at all

Its not like FBI will come and knock down your door and arrest you because you were watching in animesurge lol
FBI OPEN UP
(Feb. 25, 2021  10:21 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: I have decided to make this thread for people who don't know the difference between a legal streaming site and an illegal streaming site.

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]9anime, kickassanime, animesuge are all illegal why? Because...[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. Those sites don't have permission to host the content.[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. They just download from torrent sites, and upload the episodes without asking the fansubbers permission. Some groups don't like their stuff posted on other sites.[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. The biggest reason why it is illegal is because sites like 9anime make money off all the their views from ads, spyware/adware, bitcoin miners, etc. They are ripping off the creators of all the anime being uploaded because 9anime is making money off of it, which is highly illegal. Not a single cent is going to any anime company or their creators.[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Which streaming sites are legal then?[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Crunchyroll, Hidive, Funimation, RetroCrush, Hulu, AnimeLab, YouTube (Official channels only; Beyblade Burst Official to name one)[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]None of these legal streaming sites have Beyblade to watch in Japanese. The only way to watch Beyblade in Japanese with English subtitles is through illegal means such as direct download links, or torrents, and illegal streaming sites. Direct downloads, and torrenting the episodes is the best unofficial way to watch them because you won't be paying sites like 9anime. We used to have download links here, but due to legal issues, such as the WBO being affiliated with official companies, we can't anymore. Please try to support the creators instead of supporting illegal streaming websites.[/font]

(Feb. 25, 2021  10:41 PM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: There's really not a difference. No one's gonna pull up to your house and arrest you for watching anime "illegaly". Although there's no differences, sometimes illegal websites can have stuff to grab your information, as well as virus. So I recommend youtube since it's the best quality and it's legal.

Thank you DranzerX13 for providing this info. Also how did you get your "Member" tag to get this different color? And TheGolden Blade, there are huge punishments for this kind of stuff
(Feb. 26, 2021  12:58 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2021  10:21 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: I have decided to make this thread for people who don't know the difference between a legal streaming site and an illegal streaming site.

Thank you DranzerX13 for providing this info. Also how did you get your "Member" tag to get this different color? 

He is a mod but only in one forum not in others
(Feb. 26, 2021  12:58 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote:

(Feb. 25, 2021  10:41 PM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: There's really not a difference. No one's gonna pull up to your house and arrest you for watching anime "illegaly". Although there's no differences, sometimes illegal websites can have stuff to grab your information, as well as virus. So I recommend youtube since it's the best quality and it's legal.

Thank you DranzerX13 for providing this info. Also how did you get your "Member" tag to get this different color? And TheGolden Blade, there are huge punishments for this kind of stuff

There are punishments for creating piracy sites, but not for using them. DranzerX13 has a different member tag since they’re the mods for the anime/manga sub forum only.
While the police might not show up, depending on where you are, but best not to. Watching the anime legally and stuff gives some profit from ads and other stuff to the creators, which helps give better content. And how would you like it if you spent a bit of money and time making a show, knowing that there are people making sites so that people can watch your show, and you don’t get anything from it? Knowing that while your show may be popular, there’s a huge chunk of people that are just watching illegally.

Just some food for thought
How buisness works is that the buyer does not concern how the seller feels at all and just wants the best price, and illegal websites got that. But hey, I think that you still shouldn't watch them because they are hurting the Beyblade anime company, just like CheetoBlader said.