Legal vs illegal anime streaming sites (Must Read)

(Feb. 26, 2021  4:07 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:02 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: How exactly do you think the police will find out a boy that's barely a teenager is watching anime illegally lol
How, you ask?
It’s called one of us reporting you to the FBI for watching pirated content. Yes, it’s a crime, and yes, I have the number to contact them with. (202) 324-3000.

BET

Anyways I'm not scared, I do genuinely have the money and don't care, but that's dumb, stupid, and petty. It's anime get a life lol.
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:08 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:07 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: How, you ask?
It’s called one of us reporting you to the FBI for watching pirated content. Yes, it’s a crime, and yes, I have the number to contact them with. (202) 324-3000.

BET

Anyways I'm not scared, I do genuinely have the money and don't care, but that's dumb, stupid, and petty. It's anime get a life lol.

Murderer: What did you get in here for

You: watching Beyblade episode 47 on kiss anime

(Feb. 26, 2021  4:07 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:02 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: How exactly do you think the police will find out a boy that's barely a teenager is watching anime illegally lol
How, you ask?

The FBI have more pressing matters other than what some 14 or 15 year old did on an illegal anime site. Remember they have to deal with cyber crimes, drug cartels, assassination attempts, stuff like terrorism and all those other bad stuff.
(Feb. 26, 2021  12:58 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2021  10:21 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: I have decided to make this thread for people who don't know the difference between a legal streaming site and an illegal streaming site.

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]9anime, kickassanime, animesuge are all illegal why? Because...[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. Those sites don't have permission to host the content.[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. They just download from torrent sites, and upload the episodes without asking the fansubbers permission. Some groups don't like their stuff posted on other sites.[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. The biggest reason why it is illegal is because sites like 9anime make money off all the their views from ads, spyware/adware, bitcoin miners, etc. They are ripping off the creators of all the anime being uploaded because 9anime is making money off of it, which is highly illegal. Not a single cent is going to any anime company or their creators.[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Which streaming sites are legal then?[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Crunchyroll, Hidive, Funimation, RetroCrush, Hulu, AnimeLab, YouTube (Official channels only; Beyblade Burst Official to name one)[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]None of these legal streaming sites have Beyblade to watch in Japanese. The only way to watch Beyblade in Japanese with English subtitles is through illegal means such as direct download links, or torrents, and illegal streaming sites. Direct downloads, and torrenting the episodes is the best unofficial way to watch them because you won't be paying sites like 9anime. We used to have download links here, but due to legal issues, such as the WBO being affiliated with official companies, we can't anymore. Please try to support the creators instead of supporting illegal streaming websites.[/font]

(Feb. 25, 2021  10:41 PM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: There's really not a difference. No one's gonna pull up to your house and arrest you for watching anime "illegaly". Although there's no differences, sometimes illegal websites can have stuff to grab your information, as well as virus. So I recommend youtube since it's the best quality and it's legal.

Thank you DranzerX13 for providing this info. Also how did you get your "Member" tag to get this different color? And TheGolden Blade, there are huge punishments for this kind of stuff

uh no there isnt. but i still dont watch it illegally
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:13 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:08 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: BET

Murderer: What did you get in here for

You: watching Beyblade episode 47 on kiss anime

(Feb. 26, 2021  4:07 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: How, you ask?

The FBI have more pressing matters other than what some 14 or 15 year old did on an illegal anime site. Remember they have to deal with cyber crimes, drug cartels, assassination attempts, stuff like terrorism and all those other bad stuff.
Doing that is like prank calling the fire department, don’t do that they have actual serious carp to do.
Ill just say one thing; do whatever one wants to do; Most probably no one will ever fine you. But from a moral and ethical standpoint you are in the wrong lol.

Looks like we have to say live and let live in this case
Okayyy, @[Eclipse Force], let’s not illegally download things, and teach people how. Even with a VPN, they can still figure it out, athough the chances are slim.

A few months ago, I actually downloaded an episode for an AMV, not knowing the consequences.

Weeks later, when I had forgotten, I actually got an email from the provider, with a copyright claim on the file. While I deleted it and learned my lesson, that’s not the point, as these things can get you in a lot of trouble, and I’m sure your parents wouldn’t want to pay a fine, which thankfully line didn’t.

TL;DR, don’t download stuff, just do it legally.
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:29 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: Ill just say one thing;  do whatever one wants to do; Most probably no one will ever fine you. But from a moral and ethical standpoint you are in the wrong lol.

My giant collection of manga says otherwise

(Feb. 26, 2021  4:32 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Okayyy, @[Eclipse Force], let’s not illegally download things, and teach people how. Even with a VPN, they can still figure it out, athough the chances are slim.

A few months ago, I actually downloaded an episode for an AMV, not knowing the consequences.

Weeks later, when I had forgotten, I actually got an email from the provider, with a copyright claim on the file. While I deleted it and learned my lesson, that’s not the point, as these things can get you in a lot of trouble, and I’m sure your parents wouldn’t want to pay a fine, which thankfully line didn’t.

Yeah YouTube copyright sucks, if you edit the AMV enough it should be unnoticeable to the bots.
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:33 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:29 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: Ill just say one thing;  do whatever one wants to do; Most probably no one will ever fine you. But from a moral and ethical standpoint you are in the wrong lol.

My giant collection of manga says otherwise

(Feb. 26, 2021  4:32 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Okayyy, @[Eclipse Force], let’s not illegally download things, and teach people how. Even with a VPN, they can still figure it out, athough the chances are slim.

Yeah YouTube copyright sucks, if you edit the AMV enough it should be unnoticeable to the bots.

Yeah YT copyright is bad, but it actually wasn’t about the video, and was from Spectrum (the website provider), giving me a notice from
The file in my computer.
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:36 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:33 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: My giant collection of manga says otherwise

Yeah YT copyright is bad, but it actually wasn’t about the video, and was from Spectrum (the website provider), giving me a notice from
The file in my computer.

Oh was it the site you downloaded the file with?
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:37 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:36 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Yeah YT copyright is bad, but it actually wasn’t about the video, and was from Spectrum (the website provider), giving me a notice from
The file in my computer.

Oh was it the site you die loaded the file with?

I don’t actually remember, as I don’t do this stuff, but something to stay off of, like all those sites.
Its unlikely to get arrested or another serious consequence for watching anime off an illegal site. The higher chances go to the people pirating the content and hosting them for others to view. In the end, watching anime off an illegal hosting site is something of a moral and ethic choice. You do you; theres barely any consequences if youre from another country that isnt Japan

Its a moral and personal choice for reasons that vary from person-to-person. If you really feel like supporting the creators, you can buy your own manga or pay to watch the episodes. Or borrow a manga copy or come over to a friend’s house to watch a legally-streamed episode together. Or maybe you would rather avoid illegal sites altogether because the site’s functioning is buggy or the ads are plain annoying. Or maybe you dont have the money (or arent willing) to subscribe to a streaming site and would rather watch it on a sketchy site. Or youll use an illegal anime site just for the heck of it; it doesnt matter

Theres plenty of other reasons. Everyone has their own reason for doing what they want in order to have fun. I could kinda care less whether someone wants to use an illegal site or a legal streaming service — its up to you and whatever your ideals are, especially if youre hardly going to be repercussions for this. Good luck with that
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:38 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:37 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Oh was it the site you die loaded the file with?

I don’t actually remember, as I don’t do this stuff, but something to stay off of, like all those sites.

I wouldn’t recommend downloading anime at all tbh
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:39 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:38 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: I don’t actually remember, as I don’t do this stuff, but something to stay off of, like all those sites.

I wouldn’t recommend downloading anime at all tbh

Yeah, same with watching it on an illegal site though. It works the same, and still is piracy.
Lol (there’s something I usually don’t say). Eclipse Force never said to download the pirated material, but rather that it’s okay to take advantage of sites that already download it. Legal sites often times require money for a movie which is quite unreasonable (as a consumer) to pay 5 or 10 dollars for 2 hours of you’re time, and in those 2 ish hours you’re not going to gain anything so it’s really only a win for the producers.
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:40 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:39 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I wouldn’t recommend downloading anime at all tbh

Yeah, same with watching it on an illegal site though. It works the same, and still is piracy.

You can still support the various franchises other ways, just don’t get a virus lol (ad blocker comes in handy with that stuff)
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:40 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:39 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I wouldn’t recommend downloading anime at all tbh

Not quite. By watching on a piracy site you aren’t downloading protected material (if you were then it would be piracy). The most you’re doing is supporting the site.
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:42 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:40 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Yeah, same with watching it on an illegal site though. It works the same, and still is piracy.

Not quite. By watching on a piracy site you aren’t downloading protected material (if you were then it would be piracy). The most you’re doing is supporting the site.

Yeah that is true, but if the site is illegal, you could still get it trouble, though less - I think.
If you’re pirating don’t download stuff, get an ad blocker, and always financially support the anime industry other ways. End of story.
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:41 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:40 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Yeah, same with watching it on an illegal site though. It works the same, and still is piracy.

You can still support the various franchises other ways, just don’t get a virus lol (ad blocker comes in handy with that stuff)

I hate to ask this, but why can’t you use legal sites? It’s not the supporting I’m worried about, it’s just the fact that those sites ARE illegal.
Well tbf, Crunchyroll and VRV only has Metal Fusion. Funimation doesn't even have Beyblade at all.
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:44 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:41 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: You can still support the various franchises other ways, just don’t get a virus lol (ad blocker comes in handy with that stuff)

I hate to ask this, but why can’t you use legal sites? It’s not the supporting I’m worried about, it’s just the fact that those sites ARE  illegal.

Illegal sites are more convenient, they don’t gain anything anyways with adblocker, and I’m still giving money to the people behind the shows I watch. I just can’t Dee, bad cause I’m still financially supporting them just in a different way, who cares what way.
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:48 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:44 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: I hate to ask this, but why can’t you use legal sites? It’s not the supporting I’m worried about, it’s just the fact that those sites ARE  illegal.

Illegal sites are more convenient, they don’t gain anything anyways with adblocker, and I’m still giving money to the people behind the shows I watch. I just can’t Dee, bad cause I’m still financially supporting them just in a different way, who cares what way.

The VPNs and ADblockers don’t actually do much, but I mean - you do you man, there’s not any ways I can help.

Also, there are more morally correct ways to watch anime for free, that aren’t necessarily illegal.
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:49 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:48 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Illegal sites are more convenient, they don’t gain anything anyways with adblocker, and I’m still giving money to the people behind the shows I watch. I just can’t Dee, bad cause I’m still financially supporting them just in a different way, who cares what way.

The VPNs and ADblockers don’t actually do much, but I mean - you do you man, there’s not any ways I can help.

Also, there are more morally correct ways to watch anime for free, that aren’t necessarily illegal.

Ad  blockers block ads so sites don’t get money
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:48 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Well tbf, Crunchyroll and VRV only has Metal Fusion. Funimation doesn't even have Beyblade at all.

I should also mention you have to be a premium member on Crunchyroll to watch Metal Fusion which is just dumb if you ask me.
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:49 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  4:48 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Illegal sites are more convenient, they don’t gain anything anyways with adblocker, and I’m still giving money to the people behind the shows I watch. I just can’t Dee, bad cause I’m still financially supporting them just in a different way, who cares what way.

Nothing that is official like what you’re talking about comes for free. If you believe otherwise than please do share (no seriously I myself would like to know), but as it stands I’ll take the unethical road because why should I care for people who don’t care for anything other than own gain?