Legal vs illegal anime streaming sites (Must Read)

(Feb. 28, 2021  2:53 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  1:46 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Why so much Funimation voice actors so scummy making me not want to pay Funimation and their voice actors by association. Why does Crunchyroll not give a bunch of money to the anime industry as promised, have a janky site, and uses most of the money to create carp anime and only 3 of them are relevant, those 3 being trash meaning all of them wouldn't generate a sustainable amount of income to give to the anime industry, especially after Crunchyroll hogs all the money and they wouldn't even give most of the remaining stuff to the studios anyways. Also, why does every site that isn't these 2 have barely anime relevant shows?????

A premium membership isn't required to use Funimation or Crunchyroll, so that shouldn't be a problem. If you don't like Funimation's dubs, that's fine. No one's forcing you to watch them. I'm not sure as to how much money Crunchyroll gives back to the industry, but what I do know is that it far exceeds what the illegal sites do. On top of that, as I previously mentioned, they actually buy the rights to stream the anime, unlike the illegal sites.
As for your last point, I'll admit that illegal websites have more anime to choose from. However, this is because illegal sites don't pay for the rights to stream the anime legally, unlike Crunchyroll, Funimation, VRV, and Viz. 
Also, as previously mentioned, pirating is a punishable offense that can result in fines and even prison sentences.
Using the site itself means more usage meaning more money opportunities for the company, why the hell would you bother. Crunchyroll giving to the industry is like eating a burger and giving some ketchup to a homeless man. The man would be better off with nothing cause now that he got a little he would be hunger for more which you cannot provide. The fact that you have to pay for exclusive licenses forcing viewers to have a bunch of different accounts is bad trash and terrible. Also no you won't go to jail for watching Killua vs Gon on kiss anime, you can say that and threaten people with a phone number all you want there's less than a 1% chance of that happening.
(Feb. 28, 2021  3:03 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  2:53 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: A premium membership isn't required to use Funimation or Crunchyroll, so that shouldn't be a problem. If you don't like Funimation's dubs, that's fine. No one's forcing you to watch them. I'm not sure as to how much money Crunchyroll gives back to the industry, but what I do know is that it far exceeds what the illegal sites do. On top of that, as I previously mentioned, they actually buy the rights to stream the anime, unlike the illegal sites.
As for your last point, I'll admit that illegal websites have more anime to choose from. However, this is because illegal sites don't pay for the rights to stream the anime legally, unlike Crunchyroll, Funimation, VRV, and Viz. 
Also, as previously mentioned, pirating is a punishable offense that can result in fines and even prison sentences.
Using the site itself means more usage meaning more money opportunities for the company, why the hell would you bother. Crunchyroll giving to the industry is like eating a burger and giving some ketchup to a homeless man. The man would be better off with nothing cause now that he got a little he would be hunger for more which you cannot provide. The fact that you have to pay for exclusive licenses forcing viewers to have a bunch of different accounts is bad trash and terrible. Also no you won't go to jail for watching Killua vs Gon on kiss anime, you can say that and threaten people with a phone number all you want there's less than a 1% chance of that happening.

Okayy, this is getting out of hand. How about you listen to @“~Mana~”, who gave a very insightful post, instead of debating everyone. There are other ways to watch anime that aren’t illegal, and video piracy is BAD.

(Also the homeless man logic isn’t correct)
(Feb. 28, 2021  3:31 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  3:03 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Using the site itself means more usage meaning more money opportunities for the company, why the hell would you bother. Crunchyroll giving to the industry is like eating a burger and giving some ketchup to a homeless man. The man would be better off with nothing cause now that he got a little he would be hunger for more which you cannot provide. The fact that you have to pay for exclusive licenses forcing viewers to have a bunch of different accounts is bad trash and terrible. Also no you won't go to jail for watching Killua vs Gon on kiss anime, you can say that and threaten people with a phone number all you want there's less than a 1% chance of that happening.

Okayy, this is getting out of hand. How about you listen to @“~Mana~”, who gave a very insightful post, instead of debating everyone. There are other ways to watch anime that aren’t illegal, and video piracy is BAD.

You didn't even provide an argument against me why should I care about this post?

Like at least provide a counter argument lmao. Why am I supposed to think I'm wrong when you have no logical rezoning?
(Feb. 28, 2021  3:55 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  3:31 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Okayy, this is getting out of hand. How about you listen to @“~Mana~”, who gave a very insightful post, instead of debating everyone. There are other ways to watch anime that aren’t illegal, and video piracy is BAD.

You didn't even provide an argument against me why should I care about this post?

Because I have better things to do than argue with you. I already said, you can do what you want, but please - just do what is correct.

And if you want, here is my argument.

I do not work in the anime industry, so I am going to use a similar example.

I am an author, I have published books, and there are several websites where you can download the PDFs online. Even for authors with book sold by the truckload, the more people download books illegally, and this goes the same with anime, the less funding it gets, due to the less money they make.

It not only can slow down the production, but is remind you for the hundredth time, that it is illegal, and like people have said, you can, and will get caught.

How’s that for an argument xD
(Feb. 28, 2021  3:03 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  2:53 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: A premium membership isn't required to use Funimation or Crunchyroll, so that shouldn't be a problem. If you don't like Funimation's dubs, that's fine. No one's forcing you to watch them. I'm not sure as to how much money Crunchyroll gives back to the industry, but what I do know is that it far exceeds what the illegal sites do. On top of that, as I previously mentioned, they actually buy the rights to stream the anime, unlike the illegal sites.

"Using the site itself means more usage meaning more money opportunities for the company, why the hell would you bother"
-Exactly, which is why illegal sites should be avoided at all costs. You can't possibly mean to tell me that legal services are more scummy than illegal services... right? 

"Crunchyroll giving to the industry is like eating a burger and giving some ketchup to a homeless man. The man would be better off with nothing cause now that he got a little he would be hunger for more which you cannot provide"
-As Ultimate mentioned, the homeless man analogy made close to zero sense. Every penny counts, ask any businessman. 

"The fact that you have to pay for exclusive licenses forcing viewers to have a bunch of different accounts is bad trash and terrible"
-Sure, it's annoying, but how hard is it to make a free account for each legal streaming service?

"Also no you won't go to jail for watching Killua vs Gon on kiss anime, you can say that and threaten people with a phone number all you want there's less than a 1% chance of that happening"
-Actually, yes, you can. It's like saying you can't be arrested for murder because there's a slim chance of being caught, which is far from true. It's not a threat, it's doing the right thing.
After watching all of and a bit of the second part of videos Eclipse Force has given, I’m a bit conflicted. On one hand, by continuing to support legal streaming services like Crunchyroll and Funimation, I’m supporting anime exclusivity and little to no innovation when it comes to the services themselves, as well as other bad business practices (these are the main ones though). On the other hand, illegal anime streaming sites are, well just that: illegal. Even if you’re not likely to get caught, it’s still illegal and a crime to do these things. Plus, not only that, but by supporting them in this way, the people working on the animes, and I mean the animators, VAs. etc., they’re not making ANY money off of watching off illegal websites, meaning the industry is losing money because of that. A couple hundred million a year I heard were using these illegal websites, which is a lot of lost money for the people who work on the animes. The only real way to support them in a legal way then is to buy the DVDs, which is incredibly inconvenient in a sense since far less anime is available that way. If it was just a moral issue, I’d be fine with doing this if a large gathering did this as a boycott so that streaming sites would stop the bad business practices and start innovating, since I’d only have to do such for a little while. The issue with it being illegal, however, keeps me from wanting to pursue anything of the such.
(Feb. 28, 2021  3:31 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  3:03 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Using the site itself means more usage meaning more money opportunities for the company, why the hell would you bother. Crunchyroll giving to the industry is like eating a burger and giving some ketchup to a homeless man. The man would be better off with nothing cause now that he got a little he would be hunger for more which you cannot provide. The fact that you have to pay for exclusive licenses forcing viewers to have a bunch of different accounts is bad trash and terrible. Also no you won't go to jail for watching Killua vs Gon on kiss anime, you can say that and threaten people with a phone number all you want there's less than a 1% chance of that happening.

(Feb. 28, 2021  4:01 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  3:55 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: You didn't even provide an argument against me why should I care about this post?

Because I have better things to do than argue with you. I already said, you can do what you want, but please - just do what is correct.

And if you want, here is my argument.

I do not work in the anime industry, so I am going to use a similar example.

I am an author, I have published books, and there are several websites where you can download the PDFs online. Even for authors with book sold by the truckload, the more people download books illegally, and this goes the same with anime, the less funding it gets, due to the less money they make.

It not only can slow down the production, but is remind you for the hundredth time, that it is illegal, and like people have said, you can, and will get caught.

How’s that for an argument xD

(Feb. 28, 2021  4:04 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:

"Using the site itself means more usage meaning more money opportunities for the company, why the hell would you bother"
-Exactly, which is why illegal sites should be avoided at all costs. You can't possibly mean to tell me that legal services are more scummy than illegal services... right? 

"Crunchyroll giving to the industry is like eating a burger and giving some ketchup to a homeless man. The man would be better off with nothing cause now that he got a little he would be hunger for more which you cannot provide"
-As Ultimate mentioned, the homeless man analogy made close to zero sense. Every penny counts, ask any businessman. 

"The fact that you have to pay for exclusive licenses forcing viewers to have a bunch of different accounts is bad trash and terrible"
-Sure, it's annoying, but how hard is it to make a free account for each legal streaming service?

"Also no you won't go to jail for watching Killua vs Gon on kiss anime, you can say that and threaten people with a phone number all you want there's less than a 1% chance of that happening"
-Actually, yes, you can. It's like saying you can't be arrested for murder because there's a slim chance of being caught, which is far from true. It's not a threat, it's doing the right thing.

(Feb. 28, 2021  4:22 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: After watching all of and a bit of the second part of videos Eclipse Force has given, I’m a bit conflicted. On one hand, by continuing to support legal streaming services like Crunchyroll and Funimation, I’m supporting anime exclusivity and little to no innovation when it comes to the services themselves, as well as other bad business practices (these are the main ones though). On the other hand, illegal anime streaming sites are, well just that: illegal. Even if you’re not likely to get caught, it’s still illegal and a crime to do these things. Plus, not only that, but by supporting them in this way, the people working on the animes, and I mean the animators, VAs. etc., they’re not making ANY money off of watching off illegal websites, meaning the industry is losing money because of that. A couple hundred million a year I heard were using these illegal websites, which is a lot of lost money for the people who work on the animes. The only real way to support them in a legal way then is to buy the DVDs, which is incredibly inconvenient in a sense since far less anime is available that way. If it was just a moral issue, I’d be fine with doing this if a large gathering did this as a boycott so that streaming sites would stop the bad business practices and start innovating, since I’d only have to do such for a little while. The issue with it being illegal, however, keeps me from wanting to pursue anything of the such.

After reading these posts, I realize that it isn't the right thing. I really love Anime... but doing the right thing's more important. Think about it, how would you feel if you made a anime, and some websites copied and uploaded it without your permission? or if you uploaded a anime legally by asking the anime creator and the anime creator accepting it but someone copies it and uploads it on their website from YOUR website. It just isn't good. I know someone might say that a few posts ago that I did say that it doesn't matters if someone watches on a illegal site of anime, but I've changed my mind. Other than that, I had nothing more to say right now about this. It's your life, and you can decide what to do with it, but the consequences is not and never will be in your control (or in any human being's.)
It’s technically illegal but way lighter compared to other things so I don’t care if legal isn’t in the way I don’t endorse terrible business practices and making a crappy industry.

You can support it if you want but it’s extremely bad. Yeah it’s illegal to do otherwise but that’s just a shield to fend off against the under lying problems of the industry. There are actual charities and I’m giving money to these other corrupt companies. Why am I doing that? Exactly I’m not.

Muse Asia is good cause it’s simple, actually does what it promises too, and is not corrupt. Woah epic. Crunchy roll is junky, doesn’t give as much as they promise, and is known for paying their translators and voice actors terribly. I’m not using Crunchyroll, who cares about legality.

Funimation is janky and lots of big voice actors are bad people. I’m not supporting Funimation, and by extension them. I don’t care about legality, I’m not supporting this cause I don’t believe in it.

Vrv is owned by Crunchyroll so money goes to them, every other site has a disturbing lack of relevant anime.

So I could support terrible companies and business practices cause legality, I could settle for less and have a bad experience, or I could support what I believe in, a non corrupt industry and properly supporting anime studios, and just not care about legality.

I hope this explains my thought process better
After reading this entire thread I must say - I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I'M SEEING. 50% AT LEAST wants to watch illegal streaming sites. I completely agree with ~Mana~. Some of you guys (Looking at you eclipse force) are missing the point entirely. Not liking the legal services doesn't mean that you instantly have to go to illegal ones. The ad argument is some carp. I have an adblocker and I haven't seen an ad in the past year. No matter what website I go to. I also block any trackers and I don't have to worry about any of that. The browser opera has a free vpn so just use youtube. This is getting ridiculous, Illegal is ILLEGAL.
(Feb. 28, 2021  4:47 PM)Master_chanter0 Wrote: After reading this entire thread I must say - I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I'M SEEING.  50% AT LEAST wants to watch illegal streaming sites.  I completely agree with ~Mana~.  Some of you guys (Looking at you eclipse force) are missing the point entirely.  Not liking the legal services doesn't mean that you instantly have to go to illegal ones.  The ad argument is some carp.  I have an adblocker and I haven't seen an ad in the past year.  No matter what website I go to.  I also block any trackers and I don't have to worry about any of that.  The browser opera has a free vpn so just use youtube.  This is getting ridiculous, Illegal is ILLEGAL.

If you actually knew what you were talking about you would know there is no good Legal services.
(Feb. 28, 2021  5:23 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  4:47 PM)Master_chanter0 Wrote: After reading this entire thread I must say - I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I'M SEEING.  50% AT LEAST wants to watch illegal streaming sites.  I completely agree with ~Mana~.  Some of you guys (Looking at you eclipse force) are missing the point entirely.  Not liking the legal services doesn't mean that you instantly have to go to illegal ones.  The ad argument is some carp.  I have an adblocker and I haven't seen an ad in the past year.  No matter what website I go to.  I also block any trackers and I don't have to worry about any of that.  The browser opera has a free vpn so just use youtube.  This is getting ridiculous, Illegal is ILLEGAL.

If you actually knew what you were talking about you would know there is no good Legal services.

I do.
A. That's your opinion.
B. I think you mean for watching anime. Not that I agree.
(Feb. 28, 2021  5:29 PM)Master_chanter0 Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  5:23 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: If you actually knew what you were talking about you would know there is no good Legal services.

I do.  
A.  That's your opinion.
B.  I think you mean for watching anime. Not that I agree.

Not an opinion it’s a fact. Crunchyroll and Funimation both have junky sites. Crunchyroll is known for being corrupt and under paying their workers and Funimation has tons of terrible people as popular voice actors.

Ok, so what about other sites. Vrv is owned by Crunchyroll and every other legal site doesn’t have any relevant anime.
(Feb. 28, 2021  5:37 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  5:29 PM)Master_chanter0 Wrote: I do.  
A.  That's your opinion.

Not an opinion it’s a fact. Crunchyroll and Funimation both have junky sites. Crunchyroll is known for being corrupt and under paying their workers and Funimation has tons of terrible people as popular voice actors.

Ok, so what about other sites. Vrv is owned by Crunchyroll and every other legal site doesn’t have any relevant anime.

Define 'relevant' That depends on what you watch. For some people, It could have every relevant anime. I'm not getting your argument.
(Feb. 28, 2021  5:41 PM)Master_chanter0 Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  5:37 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Not an opinion it’s a fact. Crunchyroll and Funimation both have junky sites. Crunchyroll is known for being corrupt and under paying their workers and Funimation has tons of terrible people as popular voice actors.

Define 'relevant'  That depends on what you watch.  For some people, It could have every relevant anime.  I'm not getting your argument.

Let’s say there’s 10 anime current airing, every other site might have like 1 of them.
(Feb. 28, 2021  5:37 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  5:29 PM)Master_chanter0 Wrote: I do.  
A.  That's your opinion.

1. Just as Chanto said (can I call you, MasterChanter, Chanto?) illegal is illegal. Doing the right thing's more important
2. Crunchyroll does have stupid ads, and that's why I don't even use it.
3. Eclipse Force, Crunchyroll might not have enough money to pay their workers more money
4. Crunchyroll is corrupt is not even on topic. We are talking about illegal anime streaming websitess and how their illegal. Not about Crunchyroll being corrupt

I have a question: is Wcostream.com illegal?
(Feb. 28, 2021  5:47 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  5:37 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Not an opinion it’s a fact. Crunchyroll and Funimation both have junky sites. Crunchyroll is known for being corrupt and under paying their workers and Funimation has tons of terrible people as popular voice actors.

1. Just as Chanto said (can I call you, MasterChanter, Chanto?) illegal is illegal. Doing the right thing's more important
3. Eclipse Force, Crunchyroll might not have enough money to pay their workers more money
4. Crunchyroll is corrupt is not even on topic. We are talking about illegal anime streaming websitess and how their illegal. Not about Crunchyroll being corrupt

Yeah I’m doing the right thing by not endorsing bad business practices 

Yeah it has a little to much ads for my taste

Nah they intentionally don’t give them money, they have it

Crunchyroll  being corrupt is on topic. I’m niot supporting corrupt things so I’m not watching legally
(Feb. 28, 2021  5:47 PM)Ryuga's Son Wrote:

A. don' call me chanto.
B. Adblockers will solve the ads.
(Feb. 28, 2021  1:42 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: "Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem."
-Mahatama Ghandi

You mean Gabe Newell? Not sure why you're misattributing the quote unless you really don't know who said it.

As much as I do like Gabe, are you quoting a man who runs a multi-billion dollar company as a defense of why you're robbing a multi-billion dollar industry? Much less a quote that was put out there for the purposes of "our storefront does things right compared to that storefront who did it wrong and enticed this behaviour"?

(Feb. 28, 2021  1:42 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I think these videos are pretty cool and better than me in getting points across
You SHOULD Pirate Anime. - YouTube
You SHOULD Pirate Anime 2 - YouTube

I agree with the idea that exclusivity sucks, yes. Absolutely hate the divide that happens between Steam, EGS and any other game vendor, and also how that applies to the anime industry these days with Crunchyroll, Funimation, VRV, Hidive etc. I can 100% agree with the entire sentiment there.

But the approach to retaliating against that behaviour? Yeah, boycott the services 100% if you want. Vote with your money when dealing with big corporations, because they do care. But that does not give you an excuse to engage in piracy at all. That doesn't make it okay, and that wouldn't hold up in court either. "I didn't like any of the services so I stole their content instead" is not an excuse, haha.

If you want to stick it to the streaming corporations, how about buying the DVDs or Blu-Rays then? Since you don't want to endorse streaming platforms, I assume you're happy to wait the few months for other forms of media to be available and do things legally that way then? Then you can give the middle finger to your hatred for those platforms and still continue to support the animation studios and those involved to bring this to you.

tldr - I personally agree with the reason why, but the method is wrong. Use official channels still, don't resort to "piracy is the only option" when it isn't.
(Feb. 28, 2021  6:00 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  5:47 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: 1. Just as Chanto said (can I call you, MasterChanter, Chanto?) illegal is illegal. Doing the right thing's more important
4. Crunchyroll is corrupt is not even on topic. We are talking about illegal anime streaming websites and how they're illegal. Not about Crunchyroll being corrupt

Yeah I’m doing the right thing by not endorsing bad business practices 

Crunchyroll  being corrupt is on topic. I’m not supporting corrupt things so I’m not watching legally

The only viable bad business practice here is exclusivity, and even then, legal streaming services are PAYING for these licenses. You shouldn't expect them to have every anime, but I must say that exclusivity isn't cool.
The advertisement thing is understandable, but I believe you're forgetting about the other legal streaming services. On top of this, premium memberships allow you to bypass the advertisements, further supporting my point.
The argument that "Eh, I don't need to give them money because they already have it" is hands down the most BS thing I've ever heard. People work hard to produce these shows, it's their job. You can't live if you're not making money.
Could you possibly list a few valid reasons as to why Crunchyroll is "corrupt" and how illegal streaming services aren't?
(Feb. 28, 2021  8:01 PM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  1:42 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: "Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem."
-Mahatama Ghandi

You mean Gabe Newell? Not sure why you're misattributing the quote unless you really don't know who said it.

As much as I do like Gabe, are you quoting a man who runs a multi-billion dollar company as a defense of why you're robbing a multi-billion dollar industry? Much less a quote that was put out there for the purposes of "our storefront does things right compared to that storefront who did it wrong and enticed this behaviour"?

(Feb. 28, 2021  1:42 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I think these videos are pretty cool and better than me in getting points across
You SHOULD Pirate Anime. - YouTube
You SHOULD Pirate Anime 2 - YouTube

I agree with the idea that exclusivity sucks, yes. Absolutely hate the divide that happens between Steam, EGS and any other game vendor, and also how that applies to the anime industry these days with Crunchyroll, Funimation, VRV, Hidive etc. I can 100% agree with the entire sentiment there.

But the approach to retaliating against that behaviour? Yeah, boycott the services 100% if you want. Vote with your money when dealing with big corporations, because they do care. But that does not give you an excuse to engage in piracy at all. That doesn't make it okay, and that wouldn't hold up in court either. "I didn't like any of the services so I stole their content instead" is not an excuse, haha.

If you want to stick it to the streaming corporations, how about buying the DVDs or Blu-Rays then? Since you don't want to endorse streaming platforms, I assume you're happy to wait the few months for other forms of media to be available and do things legally that way then? Then you can give the middle finger to your hatred for those platforms and still continue to support the animation studios and those involved to bring this to you.

tldr - I personally agree with the reason why, but the method is wrong. Use official channels still, don't resort to "piracy is the only option" when it isn't.
First of all, saying random carp like "Shut The F*ck Up" with Ghandi as the person who said it is just a long running meme and I dont care about the person it gets the point accross, I have money but not giving it to company cause company kinda sucks. Yes I know I don't have to use illegal sites, they're just good. DVD's and Blu-rays hella expensive but the main problem is wait times. I would just cope with Muse Asia but they don't got anything. I ain't gonna wait like 5 months to watch an anime.

(Feb. 28, 2021  8:05 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  6:00 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Yeah I’m doing the right thing by not endorsing bad business practices 

Crunchyroll  being corrupt is on topic. I’m not supporting corrupt things so I’m not watching legally

The only viable bad business practice here is exclusivity, and even then, legal streaming services are PAYING for these licenses. You shouldn't expect them to have every anime, but I must say that exclusivity isn't cool.
The advertisement thing is understandable, but I believe you're forgetting about the other legal streaming services. On top of this, premium memberships allow you to bypass the advertisements, further supporting my point.
The argument that "Eh, I don't need to give them money because they already have it" is hands down the most BS thing I've ever heard. People work hard to produce these shows, it's their job. You can't live if you're not making money.
Could you possibly list a few valid reasons as to why Crunchyroll is "corrupt" and how illegal streaming services aren't?

Simply using a non profit no ads piracy site does the trick. It takes viewership away but each viewer doesn't have to pay legal sites anyways. Also the people pirating get 0$. That's why I recommend animesuge specifically.
(Feb. 28, 2021  9:10 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2021  8:01 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: You mean Gabe Newell? Not sure why you're misattributing the quote unless you really don't know who said it.

First of all, saying random carp like "Shut The F*ck Up" with Ghandi as the person who said it is just a long running meme and I dont care about the person it gets the point accross, I have money but not giving it to company cause company kinda sucks. Yes I know I don't have to use illegal sites, they're just good. DVD's and Blu-rays hella expensive but the main problem is wait times. I would just cope with Muse Asia but they don't got anything. I ain't gonna wait like 5 months to watch an anime.

(Feb. 28, 2021  8:05 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: The only viable bad business practice here is exclusivity, and even then, legal streaming services are PAYING for these licenses. You shouldn't expect them to have every anime, but I must say that exclusivity isn't cool.

Simply using a non profit no ads piracy site does the trick. It takes viewership away but each viewer doesn't have to pay legal sites anyways. Also the people pirating get 0$. That's why I recommend animesuge specifically.

See my post from yesterday, I explain it.
This might be going WAY too far. Eclipse Force is getting way too desperate.
Here: It's peoples' opinions on what they want to do with their life. Just end this argument. if Eclipse Force wants to watch anime on illegal streaming websites than let him do it. The consquences will affect both sides.
Ryuga's Son what the hell are you talking about?

Anyways simply watching DVD only would probably take years. For the majority of anime there's just Japanese DVD and English DVD, no Japanese with subs. Dubs take a hell of a long time to make and put into DVD boxes compared to just talking the anime and putting it onto a DVD. Obviously no one would want to wait that long.

Episode 26 in Kimetsu No Yaiba came out September 28th 2019. Demon Slayer DVD/Blu-ray part 2 which included up to episode 26 came out in January 19 2021. That's over a year of waiting. I still by Blu-ray's and DVD's but to use that as my main source of anime would be just insane.
(Feb. 28, 2021  9:34 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Ryuga's Son what the hell are you talking about?

Anyways simply watching DVD only would probably take years. For the majority of anime there's just Japanese DVD and English DVD, no Japanese with subs. Dubs take a hell of a long time to make and put into DVD boxes compared to just talking the anime and putting it onto a DVD. Obviously no one would want to wait that long.

Episode 26 in Kimetsu No Yaiba came out September 28th 2019. Demon Slayer DVD/Blu-ray part 2 which included up to episode 26 came out in January 19. That's over a year of waiting. I still by Blu-ray's and DVD's but to use that as my main source of anime would be just insane.

You are getting desperate to prove your point. You're a cool guy, but all I'm trying to say is that maybe this huge argument should stop