Jul

ChoZ Bladers Choose Limited

Silver Spring, MD
Tournament Results
Wheaton Regional Park (USE STREET ADDRESS NOT PARK NAME)
2000 Shorefield Rd
  Meet under the pavillion with bright orange safety cones
11:30 AM on 07/11/2020
Format
Burst Limited

Selected official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[b]Format: [/b]The format for this event is Burst Limited, which is a restricted part format. Please read the first post in this thread prior to confirming your attendance to ensure that you or your child have the appropriate equipment to  compete. Legal parts / launchers will not be lent out by event staff.

We are setting up near the LEFT parking lot, at Pavilion A!
Host: The Supreme One

Location: This event will be held outdoors at Wheaton Regional Park. Please note the address in the description as the park itself is quite large and typing the park name into Google Maps will lead you in the wrong direction.

Time: As the tournament will start promptly at 12:00pm, please plan to arrive around 11:30am when registration will begin. Registration will close at 11:50am. Confirming your attendance on the WBO event page does not substitute for registration at the venue.

Prizes: Due to WBO funds currently being put on hold, prizes will not be offered at this event (fortunately this also means no entry fees!)

COVID-19 Precautions READ THIS BEFORE CONFIRMING YOUR ATTENDANCE:
This event will cooperate with the Montgomery County Phase 2 Reopening Guidelines, which require the following:

- Social distancing of 6 feet when possible
- Signs and markings indicating 6 feet gaps
- Face coverings for everyone over age 2 (Please note that players who do not bring their own face covering will be unable to compete)
- Guidance and training on the rules
- Disinfectants applied to common used surfaces

In addition, we respectfully request that all parents and siblings of tournament participants remain away from the playing area and avoid close interactions with tournament equipment and individuals outside of their immediate family. 

Other Information:
Please come prepared. It is helpful for both hosts and judges if all participants bring at least one Takara Tomy or Hasbro-manufactured Beyblade of their own and more than one launcher when possible. Additionally, parents of children under the age of 13 must be present for the duration of the event, as tournament end times can be difficult to estimate, and we would hate for someone to be left behind once it is over.

Be aware of your belongings. We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time. The tournament will begin no later than 1:00 PM and is expected to run for about 3 hours, though if there is a large turnout it may take longer. Please plan accordingly. If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!
[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade
[Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word! 
#BEYBLADE #MDBEYBLADE #WBO

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jul. 01, 2020  4:28 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2020  3:29 PM)Xavier Bogard Wrote: Dont forget TSO
He said TSO.

Don't forget shota.
 He's also a very good blader.
Yeah definitely shota
(Jul. 01, 2020  12:40 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2020  12:37 AM)NewRocChampion1 Wrote: I'll see if I can come looks fun it's been a very very long time since I won a tournament and battled in one
Winning will be difficult. Yami, beymaster15963, TSO, Ardmore, MrBlade, geetster99, and Crab will be there. Good luck.

Seeing as this format is unranked, I wouldn't focus too much on winning. Just have fun and try out some new combos Smile Heads up that if the weather is close to 90, we'll likely be postponing the event.
(Jul. 03, 2020  3:16 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2020  12:40 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Winning will be difficult. Yami, beymaster15963, TSO, Ardmore, MrBlade, geetster99, and Crab will be there. Good luck.

Seeing as this format is unranked, I wouldn't focus too much on winning. Just have fun and try out some new combos Smile Heads up that if the weather is close to 90, we'll likely be postponing the event.

When do you think it’d be postponed to? The 18th?
(Jul. 03, 2020  3:18 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2020  3:16 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Seeing as this format is unranked, I wouldn't focus too much on winning. Just have fun and try out some new combos Smile Heads up that if the weather is close to 90, we'll likely be postponing the event.

When do you think it’d be postponed to? The 18th?

Most likely the following weekend
(Jul. 03, 2020  3:46 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2020  3:18 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: When do you think it’d be postponed to? The 18th?

Most likely the following weekend

Ah, okay. I really hope I can go!
The requirements for attending WBO tournaments during the COVID-19 situation have been updated. At this time, waitlists pose an unsafe condition that may cause more attendees to arrive at a tournament in excess of what the local legal regulations allow.

Until the COVID-19 situation is mitigated, we cannot have waitlists for WBO tournaments. That means if you aren't registered for the tournament through this announcement thread before the day of the tournament, you will not be permitted to participate, and should not go to the tournament space. Safety first, bladers!
Well hopefully my mom will let me know soon before the 11th so i can register and possibly go
(Jul. 04, 2020  1:52 PM)RYANTHEDRAGON98 Wrote: Well hopefully my mom will let me know soon before the 11th so i can register and possibly go

Now just keep in mind that the tournament itself could be postponed if the heat outside is excessive, in the 90 degree range. We would hate for you to take VTO just to find out the tournament is canceled.
Can I bring breaker xcalius and use it in the tournament
(Jul. 04, 2020  4:34 PM)BladerUmar Wrote: Can I bring breaker xcalius and use it in the tournament

Alright, I get it that some people, for whatever reason, seem completely unable to use the Google Docs app because of personal difficulties. But that's where the rules are located. On Google Docs. And if you can't click them, and read them, and answer your own questions, and have to rely on everyone else to answer them for you, then maybe you should consider not participating, because you won't be capable of knowing the rules.

EDIT: I have been informed that you have even less of an excuse, because the ban list is also indicated in the format announcement post: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Announc...Discussion

The rules for the format are linked right near the top of this tournament announcement, read them and find your answer.

As a reminder, there has never been any sort of Xcalius or Xcalibur part marked with the prefix "Breaker". There have been Xcalius suffixes of X2 through X4. There have been Xcalibur prefixes of Xeno, Sieg, and Buster.

It is incredibly difficult to deal with bladers who don't or can't read the rules and attempt to use banned parts at a limited parts format tournament. It slows the tournament and presents frustrating difficulties when they show up without valid parts, or complain about wanting to be able to use their banned parts. In the case of the current situation, we cannot loan out legal parts or launchers to anyone; no one is supposed to be handling anyone else's beys at tournaments.

Perhaps it would be better for you if you deregistered for this tournament and waited until a Burst Standard tournament was run that has fewer banned parts, since you don't seem able to read the banned parts list.
ok next time ill check the rule book

I am really excited for the tournament
(Jul. 04, 2020  4:31 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2020  1:52 PM)RYANTHEDRAGON98 Wrote: Well hopefully my mom will let me know soon before the 11th so i can register and possibly go

Now just keep in mind that the tournament itself could be postponed if the heat outside is excessive, in the 90 degree range. We would hate for you to take VTO just to find out the tournament is canceled.

k, I'll let mom know case it does, just to be sure, if it does, you said on the 18th right?
(Jul. 05, 2020  12:25 PM)RYANTHEDRAGON98 Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2020  4:31 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Now just keep in mind that the tournament itself could be postponed if the heat outside is excessive, in the 90 degree range. We would hate for you to take VTO just to find out the tournament is canceled.

k, I'll let mom know case it does, just to be sure, if it does, you said on the 18th right?

I didn't say if it got postponed it'd likely move to the 18th. TSO did. And that was only a few posts up. Why do you have to ask again? Unhappy
(Jul. 04, 2020  4:43 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2020  4:34 PM)BladerUmar Wrote: Can I bring breaker xcalius and use it in the tournament

Alright, I get it that some people, for whatever reason, seem completely unable to use the Google Docs app because of personal difficulties. But that's where the rules are located. On Google Docs. And if you can't click them, and read them, and answer your own questions, and have to rely on everyone else to answer them for you, then maybe you should consider not participating, because you won't be capable of knowing the rules.

EDIT: I have been informed that you have even less of an excuse, because the ban list is also indicated in the format announcement post: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Announc...Discussion

The rules for the format are linked right near the top of this tournament announcement, read them and find your answer.

As a reminder, there has never been any sort of Xcalius or Xcalibur part marked with the prefix "Breaker". There have been Xcalius suffixes of X2 through X4. There have been Xcalibur prefixes of Xeno, Sieg, and Buster.

It is incredibly difficult to deal with bladers who don't or can't read the rules and attempt to use banned parts at a limited parts format tournament. It slows the tournament and presents frustrating difficulties when they show up without valid parts, or complain about wanting to be able to use their banned parts. In the case of the current situation, we cannot loan out legal parts or launchers to anyone; no one is supposed to be handling anyone else's beys at tournaments.

Perhaps it would be better for you if you deregistered for this tournament and waited until a Burst Standard tournament was run that has fewer banned parts, since you don't seem able to read the banned parts list.
Breaker Xcalius is the Hasbro version of Buster.

Also, really hope this doesn't get postponed. The amount of hoops I had to jump though to come to this event is rediculus and I def wouldn't be able to go if it got postponed. That said it think it will be fine.
(Jul. 06, 2020  8:29 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2020  4:43 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Alright, I get it that some people, for whatever reason, seem completely unable to use the Google Docs app because of personal difficulties. But that's where the rules are located. On Google Docs. And if you can't click them, and read them, and answer your own questions, and have to rely on everyone else to answer them for you, then maybe you should consider not participating, because you won't be capable of knowing the rules.

Breaker Xcalius is the Hasbro version of Buster.

Also, really hope this doesn't get postponed. The amount of hoops I had to jump though to come to this event is rediculus and I def wouldn't be able to go if it got postponed. That said it think it will be fine.

It might end up being postponed there is gonna be thunderstorms according to the weather that day tbh just about everyday is thunderstorms for the east coast or at the least around where PA, MD, etc. lol we'll be under a pavillion though
(Jul. 06, 2020  9:27 PM)MrBlade Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2020  8:29 PM)bladekid Wrote: Breaker Xcalius is the Hasbro version of Buster.

It might end up being postponed there is gonna be thunderstorms according to the weather that day tbh just about everyday is thunderstorms for the east coast or at the least around where PA, MD, etc. lol we'll be under a pavillion though
I know that, but TSO told me that it's probably not going to be postponed. So now it would be an absolute RIP if it did. I guess it would be a day off from work, but I'd miss the tournament.
Okay folks. We have 24 people registered. We're capped. If you need to deregister, let me know, I'm not sure if that bug where attendees can't remove themselves when we hit cap is still in place.

There will be no waitlist. If people unregister between now and the tournament, you can sign up if you see a slot open. If you didn't make it in, sorry, there will be more tournaments later, but don't show up to this one. We're sorry but we're not kidding. We can't exceed 50 people at the event, and we're danged close to that number between bladers and their one accompanying adult. Even if people announce the morning of the tournament that they can't attend, don't show up. We're finalizing the attendee list the night before. If we have fewer than that in the morning, we'll run with fewer.

That reminds me! Don't bring more than one person with you. If you bring more than one person with you, then you won't be participating in the tournament. Don't mess around and find out, just spare yourself the trouble.
Gucci, see ya there Crabs. I'm coming for that secret formula.
(Jul. 06, 2020  11:11 PM)bladekid Wrote: Gucci, see ya there Crabs. I'm coming for that secret formula.

I'm sorry, you're the only one who knows the formula to KJ's Protein Shake. I'm just the guy who drinks the stuff. And oooooh was it ever vile.
(Jul. 06, 2020  11:20 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2020  11:11 PM)bladekid Wrote: Gucci, see ya there Crabs. I'm coming for that secret formula.

I'm sorry, you're the only one who knows the formula to KJ's Protein Shake. I'm just the guy who drinks the stuff. And oooooh was it ever vile.
Good luck too you to DC.
Tournaments are starting up again, finally a legitimate reason to go outside. Have fun you guys
Have fun y'all sorry i didn't register in time, was still waiting to see if 1, mom would be willing to take me (no confirmation at all) 2, I'd still have to wait and see if work would even possibly offer VTO that day sadly, which also sucks cause like, i was really hoping to come and beybattle but oh well, everyone give it your all, and hopefully next time I'll be able to attend to any future tourneys here in MD
And the moment that my dad said that the chances of us going is high, the cap has been reached. lol
(Jul. 07, 2020  11:59 AM)MDK Shady Wrote: Tournaments are starting up again, finally a legitimate reason to go outside. Have fun you guys
Yeah dude. I'm glad they're opening up too.
I saw this Soo last second