Children's shows today suck.

(Apr. 26, 2013  1:07 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I really dislike Regular Show and Adventure Time. I know a lot of people disagree, but these shows are bad. The characters are strange and the plot of episodes are strange.

Well that's what happens after a supposed nuclear appocolypse, society is lost, mutants evolve, survivors become crazy, evil, or mutants, and unexplainable events occur. That is what Adventure Time is really about, but you wouldn't know unless you watch closely or read the wikia.
Actually they are encouraging kids to fight bad guys by themselves instead of calling the police lol
(Apr. 26, 2013  1:14 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2013  1:07 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I really dislike Regular Show and Adventure Time. I know a lot of people disagree, but these shows are bad. The characters are strange and the plot of episodes are strange.
Not a fan of either of those. Adventure Time is seriously overrated...literally half the people I know are obsessed with it these days
Being a hipster is too mainstream, huh? lol JKJK but seriously those shows aren't that bad, but I would only watch them if nothing else was on or my little brother was watching.
(Apr. 26, 2013  1:14 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
Not a fan of either of those. Adventure Time is seriously overrated...literally half the people I know are obsessed with it these days
my mom doesn`t let me watch those shows because they have vampires people throwing up too nasty
Trust me, I've seen an episode of Adventure Time, and you're not missing out.
I hate adventure Time., with a passion, it just doesn't make sense, and the things they do are stupid. Regular Show's alright. They're nowhere near as good as the classics though.
(Aug. 29, 2013  3:26 AM)Lazer Wrote: my mom doesn`t let me watch those shows because they have vampires people throwing up too nasty

When i was growing up my mother wouldn't allow me to watch nickelodeon because of the TV show Rugrats.
(i snuck out to other kids houses to watch)

I am a huge fan of Adventure Time, Regular Show, Amazing world of Gumball.
but, there is a lot of adult humor hidden in those shows.
The same argument could be made for Curious George...
I honestly don't see the point of those shows. They mix stupidity into them just for the sake of it.
That's my opinion after watching a handful of those shows.
I'm pretty sure if you are from 13 to 16, you probably watched PBS Kids, and I can say that my favorite show from that block was Arthur, and now, it... Went so downhill,l... I guess I'd better sit tight and wait for Terrance and Phillip on Sesame Street. My point here is, well just look up Arthur memes. Just about every other current Cartoon has gone downhill.
*Cough* Curious George *Cough*
While I did recently watch Arthur for nostalgia, and the animation somehow got worse, it definetely had nowhere close of a quality drop as other shows.
(Aug. 29, 2013  3:34 AM)The Bishop Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2013  3:26 AM)Lazer Wrote: my mom doesn`t let me watch those shows because they have vampires people throwing up too nasty

When i was growing up my mother wouldn't allow me to watch nickelodeon because of the TV show Rugrats.
(i snuck out to other kids houses to watch)

I am a huge fan of Adventure Time, Regular Show, Amazing world of Gumball.
but, there is a lot of adult humor hidden in those shows.
my mom doesn`t let me watch those shows either almost all the shows on cartoon (except for tom and jerry and the rugrats she bought the movie Smile ) and don`t even get me started on the total drama series ugh that was the worst and the nastiest i`m gonna sew the people that made that show Serious
I was very fond of Cyberchase on PBS kids when I was a kid. I haven't forgot it yet, but yeah, although PBS in general hasn't dropped off of the face of the planet, most of the shows when I was around 7 or 8 just quit or aren't around anymore. That's not just with shows on PBS kids...

I remember mostly when Steve left Blue's Clues. I never watched that show again after Steve left. I mean, Joe was good and all, and he filled in well. Nothing else really changed, but as a kid, seeing the guy you were used to for your early years get replaced and leave was a big deal, and according to some studies I have seen on various parts of the internet, the percentage of kids between 4-10 watching it dropped by 15-30% when Steve left. It was that traumatic, so even though the show didn't change, the change in main characters hurt its popularity, and it ended up in the toilet.

*sniff* I miss you, Steve.
Cyberchase was amazing to me.
(Aug. 30, 2013  7:33 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: I was very fond of Cyberchase on PBS kids when I was a kid.
WE'VE GOT THE POWER- OF ONE-TWO-THREE-FOUR!
Yeah, I loved that show when it first came out, until a friend of mine told me it was too babyish smh. Then again, you guys would have been the right age when it was in it's prime.
I loved PBS Kids as a kid. Arthur, the Anne of Green Gables animated show, The Neverending Story & Between the Lions were all shows I watched daily. When I hit 2nd grade, I started watching Nicktoons for Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom and occasionally old episodes of the 90s shows, Disney for That's So Raven, Kim Possible, and Lilo and Stitch, and Cartoon Network for Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary friends, along with a few others.
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends was the best! I saw this though and Thought it was the perfect/awful ending...
(Aug. 30, 2013  9:34 PM)Switchblad3r Wrote: Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends was the best! I saw this though and Thought it was the perfect/awful ending...
I just cried.

I grew up with shows like Fosters, Ed,Edd,N' Eddy, Dexter's Lab, KND, Pokemon Advanced-Battle Frontier, Power Rangers SPD, Get Ed, Xialin Showdown (From Jetix and I'm liking Xiaolin Chronicles), Code Lyoko, Naruto, and PPG.

I know some of these shows are completey random and weird. I already dislike Adventure Time.
Regular Show is ok, but I LOVE The Amazing World of Gumball.

Thank goodness for Cartoon Planet.

And please tell me I'm not the only one who is gonna hate Uncle Grandpa.
Uncle Grandpa sounds horrible.

Regular Show is amazing because the jokes are hidden in it, and the jokes are fairly adult. It isn't a children's show, meant for teens mostly.
I know I am 11 and everything, but Uncle Grandpa, seriously. I saw one episode it was horrible!! I hope they cancel it because it sucks.
I like Regular Show, and some of the sort of older Cartoon Network shows like chowder and the marvelous misadventures of flapjack or whatever it's called.

Uncle grandpa, no, just no. It's like they're making fun of people with mental disabilities.
Uncle grandpa sucks eggs. I want chowder, ed edd and eddy, flap jack, dexters lab, ect ect
but the new shows are atrocious, only a select few are good like regular show and the amazing world of gumball. It just sickens me watching the uncle grandpa and other carp like that
Regular Show man. Kaboom!!! and I are huge fans XD
I didn't like Chowder or Flapjack all that much... I watched the heck outta Toonami though. I watched fairly mature shows when I was eleven... *Cough* GHOST IN THE SHELL *Cough*
Regular Show is amazing. Being able to fit in the words "breasts" and "piss" as well as having some adult jokes (like friends with benifits haha). Plus it is so random hahaha.
Regular show is not a kids show, look up 2 am in the pm and youll see. But uncle grandpa, all of the crappy blocky canadian shows, the live action shows, annoying orange, and those disney shows are just painful to watch. It feels like somebody is stabbing my childhood
I hate regular show it's weider then adventure time the only thing I like is... if you wanna ring tone pick up the phonex3 ring ring ring tone tone tone...
Yeah I've watched 2 in the AM PM, but I know the difference since ya know, it's on CN