Children's shows today suck.

If I recall correctly, most of the earlier fans had completely missed the sarcasm behind the memes associated with it.
I honestly don't know why the whole Brony obsession started. Originally I thought it was a bunch of Lauren Faust fanboys hyping the new show. But its clearly gone past that. Supposedly the show is fun, but why the memes? Memes usually denote ironic interest, yet if the show isn't horrible why be ironically interested? Why am I event talking about this? lol
Cartoons today suck Smile I watched the new thundercats and my dad being an old school kinda guy WinkI liked the old one better...I like the old everything and i only like a few new shows (Wizards of waverly place....pretty much it o..o oh and animes lots and lots of animes Smile )
last year the new pink panther aired IT SUCKED
a good show became carp the old shows rule when there remade it ruins it
not meny new shows are even ok 99% suck
(Aug. 31, 2011  1:43 AM)Chaos Blader Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2011  8:36 PM)/Zephyr/ Wrote: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Watch this and tell me it sucks.

This is one of the few kids shows today that are enjoyable/bearable to watch.

Also, no kids show these days will ever match the pure awesoemness of The Ren And Stimpy Show … That show was amazing.

oh god ren and stimpy such a good and funny show
(Sep. 01, 2011  6:43 AM)Captain Caprii Wrote: Cartoons today suck Smile I watched the new thundercats and my dad being an old school kinda guy WinkI liked the old one better...I like the old everything and i only like a few new shows (Wizards of waverly place....pretty much it o..o oh and animes lots and lots of animes Smile )

Thundercats has always been terrible, but I've been told the reboot is less terrible.
(Sep. 01, 2011  2:26 PM)To Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2011  6:43 AM)Captain Caprii Wrote: Cartoons today suck Smile I watched the new thundercats and my dad being an old school kinda guy WinkI liked the old one better...I like the old everything and i only like a few new shows (Wizards of waverly place....pretty much it o..o oh and animes lots and lots of animes Smile )

Thundercats has always been terrible, but I've been told the reboot is less terrible.

*Grabs katana and runs up behind TO and slices in half all ninja like* HOW DARE U >Gasp i actually liked it Speechless i tried to watch He-Man........i just didn't like it (because family guy made a joke of it Speechless ) There are some good shows....wait all the old shows are good especially old movies Smile
(Sep. 01, 2011  8:06 AM)tanzam2 Wrote: last year the new pink panther aired IT SUCKED
a good show became carp the old shows rule when there remade it ruins it
not meny new shows are even ok 99% suck

Your completely right there. i agree 100%
Thomas and Friends has gone WAY down hill now, season 15 has NO educational values and the new version of Spongebob like the Toon Kritic says is ANNOYING now it's like the new CGI version of Thomas and Friends, no offense to any Spongebob fan. I loved Seseame Street as a kid and actually still am a fan of the little funny bits they threw in there but Elmo's World, CARP NO. If any of you guys were fans of Thomas and Friends and saw the episode Firey Flynn you will see what I mean, that episode DOWNGRADED fire fighters and actually was like a lesson on how to not to fully listen.
Three words, my friends. Rocko's. Modern. Life. No cartoon will EVER approach that level again. We all know how bad TV is nowadays, don't we? So why is this still going on?
(Sep. 02, 2011  12:24 AM)Temporal Wrote: Three words, my friends. Rocko's. Modern. Life. No cartoon will EVER approach that level again. We all know how bad TV is nowadays, don't we? So why is this still going on?

The 90's Are All That block on TeeNick (Doug FTW!) is actually guiding me to watch TV, making that better than the carp Disney puts on (I watch WoWP because of Selena Gomez lol.) I just watch the original Beyblade series on Youtube instead of watching TV LULZ. I guess this thread still goes on because everyone wants to voice their opinion, even if it's not the most "educated".
(Sep. 01, 2011  10:38 PM)Captain Caprii Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2011  2:26 PM)To Wrote:

*Grabs katana and runs up behind TO and slices in half all ninja like* HOW DARE U >Gasp i actually liked it Speechless i tried to watch He-Man........i just didn't like it (because family guy made a joke of it Speechless ) There are some good shows....wait all the old shows are good especially old movies Smile

Lol you just mentioned He-Man. The 80s He-Man is one of the worst shows from that area. The writing's poor, the voice direction is limited, and the animation can hardly even be classified as animation! The reboot Mattel did in 2002 was a lot better.

I forgot to metion The Simpsons. Surprisingly, I'm still a big fan of it. The newer seasons were all carp. The episodes back in the 90's were the best. It is probably because there was more adult humour.
It's not so much humor as it is writers. Back in the 90s you had people like Conan O'Brien writing for the Simpsons.
I agree with this. Many kids shows today aren't fun and educational, they're just wrong. Bob the Builder is addicted to a laptop, I saw one Thomas episode where it's literally a war for this one shed, and im pretty sure Dora ditched the talking backpack. But that's not what I'm talking about. Shows like spongebob seem to just promote stupidity, and all those Disney channel shows are about stuff no kid should do until they're in 7th grade (I think high school, but whatever), and none of those shows have any main characters that fit the age of the kids watching them (I think...I stopped watching Disney channel a looong time ago). Not to mention most of kids these days watch shows they're not supposed to watch (family guy, Simpsons etc.)
Ughh, don't even get me started on these shows that we have nowadays. Disney shows have become completely boring, and it's way to peppy. Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents have ran out of ideas, and so they make episodes that have no meaning to it. Next, all the new shows we have today, are just based off on idiotic ideas, and there are no deeper meanings or anything like that. So, I completely agree with Outnumbered. Now, kids are starting to watch shows like The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, and things like that, and all it's introducing to them is swearing and stupid things to do. Oh, how I miss the old shows that were on T.V Unhappy
Cartoon Network in India is in bad condition now. When we were young we had shows like Swat Cats, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Beyblade, Duel Masters, Digimon, Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo, Dexter, etc but now they just show some rubbish which noone watches.
All the classic and awesome shows are off air now. Thats pretty bad as kids now don't get to enjoy what we did.
I just... Don't know what happened to India. there was soooo much good content. Now a days all I watch is Big Bang Theory with my father and also Dexter and more likely, a random movie.
I really dislike Regular Show and Adventure Time. I know a lot of people disagree, but these shows are bad. The characters are strange and the plot of episodes are strange.
I never watch any shows on Disney/Cartoon Network. Most of the stuff has no plot and character development. Disney's shows also have way to much drama IMO.

Pretty stupid stuff.
(Apr. 26, 2013  1:07 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I really dislike Regular Show and Adventure Time. I know a lot of people disagree, but these shows are bad. The characters are strange and the plot of episodes are strange.
Not a fan of either of those. Adventure Time is seriously overrated...literally half the people I know are obsessed with it these days
I agree with you guys. Pretty much all shows on nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Disney channel stink.
The only things I don't like about children's shows these days is all the live-action carp they keep putting on their channels.
And the fact that the content of some of them isn't suitable for the age of the children that watch them?