[Brooklyn, NY] 5/29/11 Brooklyn's Battalion

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

1st: Deikailo
2nd: Bluezee
3rd: ArmorD-00taku

DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY SELL LIST! IT WILL BE PUBLISHED 12 HOURS BEFORE THE EVENT!

Time: 3pm
Date: Sunday, May 29th 2011
Format: Double Elimination

Registration will begin at 3pm and end promptly afterward. There will be no waiting what-so-ever. If you think you will be late (by one hour only), text your username(s) to 6317457001 after 12pm and I will register you en route to the store.

After Midnight Mayhem, I will no longer host tournaments.

Attendees:
Ultimate KCPJ
Deikailo
Cyber Blader
djspida5
Shippudenface
IKMV
ArmorD-00taku
Cye Kinomiya
Littlekev
Killerspinner
Sircancer28
firestar6595
TeamBasalt
SwiftShadow
TraceNReap
night virgo 45
Sniperâ„¢
Mr. N
melalalalalala
lawesomeness
Bey Bob
xxshyxboyxx23
JonnB
takenmylife
teampisces
destroyer12
isaiah456711
zackorang1
Emperor Lelouch
stormpikachu
hydreigon
Rocky257
Ryuki Ivanov
Total: 33

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Why would I need to see the video when I was there?
(Sep. 07, 2011  1:04 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2011  8:23 PM)ControL_ Wrote: I heard about the full details involving the issue in the final match. I would like to say, something similar was done in the UK, which was allowed, with all the matches continued with Blitz's approval on the day.

Deikailo does not need to pick the beyblade attached to the L launcher. She has not selected her beyblade yet, if the beyblade is not paired up with it's correct spin direction as the previous rules stood.

There is an order any good judge should go through :

First, a Beyblade "attached" to a/the Launcher must be used for the duration of the BeyBattle.

Then, second, a right-spin Beyblade cannot be used with a left-spin Launcher, and vice versa.

So, it does not say "the right/proper Launcher", and since there is an opposition between the two rules, I would not consider it as : "OK, we start all over again." In my opinion and in that of most of the Committee, a sort of penalty should have been done, because in most cases that same Launcher selected must be used for the duration of the BeyBattle too. And no, we should not have to define what the word "attach" means.
That's incorrect, it did say right/proper launcher.

The previous rules stated, a Beyblade attached to the launcher, it must be used throughout the duration of the Beybattle.

It then states the circumstances for attaching a beyblade to the launcher that it is the selection for your beyblade if it's attached to a beylauncher for it's own spin direction. It doesn't count as a choosing of beyblades if it was attached to the incorrect spin direction as the rules stood. This was a crack in the rules, and a loophole definitely.

Also, Bladestorm informed you of this, seeking if you disapproved of it, he was that confident it would was a loophole. Instead, you didn't reply saying it wasn't ok back then.

I never told him it was OK either. In fact, from what I found yesterday within all my messages, he never even really asked me to clarify if it was legal or illegal, he just told me about it. Plus, he jumped from one topic to another, which was confusing. At first, he was talking about changing the right-spin prongs on a Beylauncher LR to Hasbro's white, Light Launcher ones, and after that, seemingly without transition, he seemed to be referring more to one of the two things Deikailo did, I think.

How is "the" completely the same as "the right/proper" ? It is not.

Did the rules really specify that choosing a Beyblade with a launcher with incompatible spin direction did not count as the selection of a Beyblade ? I do not think so. From what I remember, it said that you choose a Beyblade, and it must be used for the duration of the match; later on, a right-spin Beyblade cannot be used with a left-spin Launcher and vice versa. Admittedly, it does not have a clear consequence for when this confusion happens, but the conclusion should not just be : "Oh well, choose another Beyblade, start all over again."
But Blitz, ControL_, Bladestorm, and I all came to the same logic. Even Th!nk, Hero, and a few others see the logic in it.
So if someone mistakenly chooses a left spin with a right spin shooter, the blader should be penalized? whattt?

it's clear this issue falls more under the stalling clause, not selection of the beyblade
Hm, Stalling Clause is about selecting your Beyblade and Launcher too ...

Also, what about when the selection of the wrong spin direction is clearly not accidental ...
(Sep. 08, 2011  1:49 AM)djspida5 Wrote: So if someone mistakenly chooses a left spin with a right spin shooter, the blader should be penalized? whattt?

it's clear this issue falls more under the stalling clause, not selection of the beyblade
Well, now that rule is fixed, but what I was saying was I intentionally held a basalt on a left spin launcher to try to trick Bluezee, which, you were there, it didn't work. We went into Stalling Clause anyway.
In my opinion, seeing as there's been precedent it should be fine. Finding loopholes is part of the game, and if it's not connected to the right launcher it shouldn't be counted as a choice.

I believe there were a few instances where it was fine to attach beyblades to separate prongs in order to deceive the opponent? If that's the case, this should also be allowed, as a viable technique within a tournament.

At least until another amendment is made to the rulebook.
From what I've heard it was essentially a deception tactic, and if a Stalling Clause is called any actions done before hand should be considered as such and nothing more, no?

Wait, hes gone, why bother thinking about it a moment further?
(Sep. 08, 2011  2:35 AM)Dan Wrote: Wait, hes gone, why bother thinking about it a moment further?

future reference if it's happened in the UK like ControL_ said.

From what I understand, I have to agree with Kai-V. The rules say that an attempt, even if it doesn't fit, counts as attaching to the launcher. (is this the part deikailo was referring to as fixed?)

As Kai-V said, it says "A launcher" and "the launcher". A launcher is definitely just any launcher. The launcher is the launcher you will attempt to attach it to.

So, it was attempted to be attached, but to the wrong spin prongs. On a launcher.

Even if the attempt to attach rule was the one that was added, attach means Join, fasten, or connect. If the top of the beyblade touches the flat part of the prongs (the center), or the prongs go into the beyblade or even touch the beyblade, it counts as attaching, because that's joining.

So you have to use that beyblade. But launching in the spin direction it is not made for means disqualification, so this situation is disqualification.

So how would it count?
I don't see how it would.

Hopefully I understood.
Yeah, the selection would be disqualified, as in, it doesn't count. That's the conclusion I came to. It can't work with the rules so it made sense not to count it. How would I? How the hell can you launch a Basalt in left spin? It won't stay on the prongs. It'll just drop right off, so it's not technically connecting, fastening, etc.

Why would I do anything that would disqualify myself intentionally?
(Sep. 08, 2011  5:20 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: future reference if it's happened in the UK like ControL_ said.

From what I understand, I have to agree with Kai-V. The rules say that an attempt, even if it doesn't fit, counts as attaching to the launcher. (is this the part deikailo was referring to as fixed?)

As Kai-V said, it says "A launcher" and "the launcher". A launcher is definitely just any launcher. The launcher is the launcher you will attempt to attach it to.

So, it was attempted to be attached, but to the wrong spin prongs. On a launcher.

Even if the attempt to attach rule was the one that was added, attach means Join, fasten, or connect. If the top of the beyblade touches the flat part of the prongs (the center), or the prongs go into the beyblade or even touch the beyblade, it counts as attaching, because that's joining.

So you have to use that beyblade. But launching in the spin direction it is not made for means disqualification, so this situation is disqualification.

So how would it count?

Hopefully I understood.

You have this almost complete I think. Yes, the attempt to attach a right spin beyblade to a left spin launcher means that both the beyblade and launcher have been selected. However, the rule on L/R Launcher spin direction states that once the beyblade has been attached to one set of prongs, the spin direction cannot be changed for that round.

So, as long as you use an L/R launcher, there remains 2 areas of wiggle room:

1) if the right spin beyblade touches an l/r launcher with white prongs exposed but does not touch the prongs, then the beyblade and launcher have been selected but the spin direction has not.

2) if the right spin beyblade does touch the left spin prongs of an l/r launcher, it is illegal for play in the first round, but spin direction may be changed between rounds. The language in the rules on wrong spin direction says "you may not use" (nothing about disqualification) so it is not "disqualified" for the match, but rather must forfeit the first round of that match.
(Sep. 08, 2011  1:10 PM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Sep. 08, 2011  5:20 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: future reference if it's happened in the UK like ControL_ said.

So how would it count?

Hopefully I understood.

You have this almost complete I think. Yes, the attempt to attach a right spin beyblade to a left spin launcher means that both the beyblade and launcher have been selected. However, the rule on L/R Launcher spin direction states that once the beyblade has been attached to one set of prongs, the spin direction cannot be changed for that round.

So, as long as you use an L/R launcher, there remains 2 areas of wiggle room:

1) if the right spin beyblade touches an l/r launcher with white prongs exposed but does not touch the prongs, then the beyblade and launcher have been selected but the spin direction has not.

2) if the right spin beyblade does touch the left spin prongs of an l/r launcher, it is illegal for play in the first round, but spin direction may be changed between rounds. The language in the rules on wrong spin direction says "you may not use" (nothing about disqualification) so it is not "disqualified" for the match, but rather must forfeit the first round of that match.
Arupaeo, this is before the rule change.
Rightio, I've had this situation described to me quite thoroughly, by a couple people who were there, and bluntly, I find it so utterly, mind-bogglingly ridiculous that I think it's time I said something(s).

Here's some points about it that I think basically cover everything. Consider them carefully before responding, please, I'd rather not re-state myself Smile

1. It was not an intentional attempt to gain advantage by breaking the rules, obviously, because it's impossible to launch basalt left spin, and I'm pretty sure Dei knows that. Deikailo was obviously not aware it was against the rules. IMO Intent is quite a big factor people are overlooking.

2. No advantage was gained from this deception attempt, at all, as it was seen through immediately, and a stalling clause was called nonetheless.

3. The judge didn't disqualify her for it at the time. In most sports, it would end here. I would like to know if Bluezee objected at the time, too, though from what I've heard he did not. Not a huge point, but worth considering. Furthermore, a stalling clause was called, indicating in the judges opinion it was not attached. It also means it had absolutely no bearing on the beys chosen for the match, so it's basically irrelevant anyway.

4. It had previously been allowed by Blitz in the UK, and used by players there. Unless you wish to delete all matches from those tourneys from the rankings (because we can't tell which it was used in), it is unfair on Deikailo not to be awarded the win as normal in this case. It's called a precedent, and frankly in my opinion this should be the end of the argument.

5. Basalt cannot physically "attach" to the launcher. Using the definitions here, if someone accidentally brushed the top of a bey with left launcher prongs when selecting (maybe by having beys and launchers in one container, which could even result in them being "inserted"), those matches would need to be DQ'd as well. That could be the entirety of the rankings for all we know, which would mean for consistency, we would need to clear them all. :\

5b. The rule book stated attached, not "prongs inserted", and as basalt can obviously not stay on left prongs, it cannot attach. Consider this: Is a boat touching a dock without being tied up "attached"? Am I "attached" to my keyboard by typing on it?. I think people are using odd definitions of "attach" just for the sake of argument, and that's silly behaviour. Attachment generally requires some extra force to separate, and in this case, basalt would simply have dropped off the launcher through gravity.

Frankly, each one of these separately should be enough to settle it, really, but I honestly don't see how there's any solid argument against Deikailo being awarded the win here, without using a very skewed definition of "attached". The fact that there was a precedent set in the UK, though, should ultimately settle this, unless we wish to remove all of the possibly affected matches from the rankings.

QFT

Is it the WBO's policy to close your eyes to facts like these? If you cover your eyes, it can't be there? That's not how life works. You claim that you're "discussing" it in the committee forum. Does that mean we are not worth your time? Our point of views are not on par with yours? Because that's what it feels like. If any of you had an iota of respect for me and the participants of this tournament (because they have no received their credits), you would publicly discuss this as civilized colleagues.

Please allow me to put this entire scenario into a perspective the committee really needs to understand from a "professional" and business perspective. Technically, I am a customer because I have purchased not one, not two, but three blader passports over the course of the WBO's history. So what, $30. Wrong. Through all of the tournaments I have raised, I have brought in about $1000 in tournament fees before prize reimbursement to the WBO. Keep in mind, we didn't use a lot of that money for prizes because the store charged a fee, which was recycled into store credit to be distributed among the winners for prizes. Most of the time, the funds went straight to the WBO. Each tournament averaged about $150.

Because I feel as though I'm being victimized for a lack of clarity in the rules, I have no desire to represent the WBO in any way possible. From that, you will no longer see tournaments from me, I will not show up to tournaments to play or assist hosts, I will no longer provide stadiums for play, recommendations for bladers to join the WBO will now cease (because I recommend it a lot in passing), and my activity on this site will surely decrease. Although I believe every player should participate in the game on their own accord, there are many people here who play more actively because of the interest and competition I spur. I constantly receive challenges via PM for lord knows what reasons because I am by no means an iron wall blader - I just work hard by traveling to get my points.

This is the level of activity I bring to the WBO. I fought to get New York back on its feet. I brought this game to so many different players. I've had 300+ entries and 12 tournaments, I've encouraged a level of play that unifies communities and encourages bladers to travel outside of their own to experience new metagames, and I've stepped up our game by bringing the newest parts for sale, making even the youngest players a threat because they can experience the newest in Beyblade products. Not only did I light the fire in New York, but I was the first of hosts to attempt a country tour in my last month of hosting and using surveys to assess myself to make myself into the best host I can be.

If you choose to argue that this is not a victimization, you really need to assess how you're choosing to represent yourself by doing something like this because ultimately, your goal is to make the customer (in this case, the bladers) happy. Would you truly throw all of this away over one battle between a blader who is now banned? What, because it is not perfect? Nobody is perfect. The rules were not even perfect. The Beypoint System is not even perfect. We can only hope to learn from our mistakes and misunderstandings, because that's what this really was - a mistake in communication and a misunderstanding in interpreting it, which as ControL_ pointed out, spanned far beyond my event.

You have to understand that the original reason I stopped hosting tournaments was because Bluezee caused such controversy that it held up my tournaments. At my own fault, I can be a very angry person and I felt along with the events that followed my very horrific break-up
I didn't feel I could handle Bluezee in addition to that as I later found out, was indeed a very good call.

I do want to continue to make bladers happy, but at the same time, I would not wish this situation upon anyone in my community - at this point or any given point in the future. For this, there needs to be a level of open communication where we are all comfortable enough to address these problems as equals. I wish I was the only person to feel this way, but I'm not. It's a very real problem for hosts and players a like. In addition to communication, it's necessary that everyone comes to a realization that this is a spinning top game and not a science. Although you may feel it is contradictory that I make such a big deal about a single battle in a spinning top game, you must realize that in addition to beypoints being a service to paying members, this battle was most likely the most personal battle I have ever experienced in my time of playing this game. It is not that I have no respect for Bluezee as a blader, but because I have so much respect for his skill that I wanted to play him with everything I had and every *legal* trick I could come up with. I wanted him to play me at his best because we are true rivals.

Ultimately, the decision is the Committee's, but my decision to stay and continue to be one of the most valuable members of Beyblade as a whole will be determined by your choice and that needs to be factored in. You didn't ban Bluezee right away because you didn't want to lose a valuable player. You wanted to see him get his act together and prove himself to be a great person to match his amazing skill. Why can't the same courtesy be extended to me as well?
After reading more of this, I agree with Control_(And I almost never agree with him...), and everyone else that can see through this "rule system".
I don't really have much to say, because, it has already been said.

And Dei....
I completely agree with you on this. After everything I've experienced on the WBO, what you said makes complete sense. Especially the idea(What am I saying, *cough* fact) that the committee has not banned bluezee for his blader skills, and how high he is in the beypoint system.(Not that I want Bluezee to get banned)
In my mind, the WBO has been more revealing to me over the pass months.
Deikailo has impacted all kinds of places around the world, Including India, it would be extremely sad for everyone if she stops.

I only continued to host tournaments because of her, Why do you think I am actually travelling so far to host a tournament away from my city ? It is because when Deikailo did it, Beyblade became more popular everywhere she traveled, I have hopes like those for India as well, where Beyblade is known to every kid who should be knowing it. Deikailo truly cares for Beyblade and wants everyone kid in the US to play and attend tournaments , her amazing passion for this inspired me and probably many other people.

It was extremely ardous to convince everyone here to enter along with the fees, here, the face value of $5 and $10 is extremely high, no one wanted to pay it, If you check the "Bey Tournaments India" thread, Everyone in different parts of the country didn't want to pay, either, and those here who really care about Beyblade are having difficulties on convincing people to pay. I too was going through this, I turned to Deikailo for help and she shared with me some advertising techniques, ways to get bladers' anticipation high and drive their parents crazy till they agree to pay.

There are many more ways which she helped me, and the WBO in, some of them people who will post in her defence will add, many of them are already in her post.

Deikailo is extremely important to this community, many people now are what rank / WBO Status they are because of her. She totally deserves this win.

If I was the judge there,

WBO Organized Play rules Wrote:The Blader's Beyblade selection is to be considered undecided until the Beyblade is
attached to the Shooter. Once the Beyblade is attached to the Launcher, that Beyblade
must be used for the duration of the BeyBattle

Attached, by definition is:
Quote:To fasten, secure, or join

A right spin beyblade could definitely not be fully "fastened, secured or joined" to a Left spin launcher. I would think it is a totally valid deception tactic,

WBO Organized Play rules Wrote:You may not use the BeyLauncher-L to make other Wheels spin counter-clockwise

I am sure she did not want to spin it counter-clockwise, and all she wanted to do was manipulate Bluezee into thinking she chose her beyblade, and had attached it.

At the maximum, I would call a stalling clause.
Sorry for my awkward jumping in, but if I recall correctly, the rules say nothing about overall disqualification? I mean, the closest to that would be where your Beyblade separates and you are forced to automatically forfeit the remainder of your rounds in that match. I'm really trying to view this through an unbiased viewpoint, and considering that it was moved to stalling clause, shouldn't it end with just that?
Dani, the WBO as a whole has done at least as much for the entire world of Beyblading as you have for just New York. While you have the right to argue your position, you should consider taking the dramatics down a notch. Acting like a martyr just makes you look pathetic.
(Sep. 11, 2011  7:14 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Dani, the WBO as a whole has done at least as much for the entire world of Beyblading as you have for just New York. While you have the right to argue your position, you should consider taking the dramatics down a notch. Acting like a martyr just makes you look pathetic.
Actually, I've done a lot of other communities besides New York. As much as I would rather have avoided turning this into a huge ordeal, it seems at this point to be unavoidable since I valued this battle. If it means something to me, then it's worth fighting for.

Brad, you end a majority of your arguments with an insult. It's not very becoming of you. It would be more constructive to base your stance on facts instead of how you view me. You're a brilliant man and I don't believe you have to always resort to denigrating someone else to show that. You're better than that.
brad
Just because you're the WBO's creator, it doesn't make you a better human being than anyone else and that you have no right insulting others.

I don't get it, why not just give Deikailo the win?
It has been over three and a half months, and yet this one tourney has yet to be processed.
Really, I think that's a bit long.
It was an intense battle, that she had probably waited for forever, and it was a challenge to her. Bluezee lost, Deikailo won. You can't keep EVERY single tournament perfect. It is impossible to have anything to be perfect.
Take the rules for example. A loophole with the Basalt on the Beylauncher L.
Why not let it go? Why not end this discussion, and just get it over with? Bluezee is banned now, and there are other people waiting (I believe, if not please tell me) for this to be processed! I am quite sure that this is causing the committee a lot of stress, and I can fully understand your reasonings for why you will not process this yet.
But why not let it go?

Deikailo indeed used a Beylauncher L on a Basalt.
However does the bey become "attached"?
nope.avi
You see, the prongs must be INSIDE of the Metal Wheel. Unless Deikailo had modded her Basalt to do that there is literally ZERO chance that it was "attached" to the Beylauncher L. This is a simple flaw in the rules, nothing more.
Brad, please don't change the topic here. Yes, the WBO is wonderful, but Dani has either directly or indirectly inspired a vast majority of the tournaments you host, she regularly comes up with great ideas for tournaments or promoting the WBO, and calling her "pathetic" is hardly fitting for someone of your position. It will only cause the argument to devolve into a mud slinging match and that is not the point.

I think I've already stated everything that should need to be said, and I was about to raise the repeated Laurence of "if we don't respond it isn't there"-type behaviour from the committee. It needs to be addressed, and this match needs to be resolved. Two birds, one stone, let's actually get this sorted.

There's nothing more I can contribute to the argument of giving Dei the win, seeing as I've said everything I could think of (without getting a response from anyone, which is somewhat offensive considering the effort I put in to simplifying and summarising the argument).
Alright. I've posted on this earlier and my posts were removed. I admit, one out of those two posts was warning another user but my other post was a completely reasonable post on my opinion in this discussion. What's up with that?

Anyways, many users agree that Deikailo deserve the win because she exploited a flaw in the rules of that time. She did not cheat at all. Why must there be difficulty in granting her the win? This indecisiveness is one of the reasons why I am taking a break from this community. It seems to me that most decisions belong solely to the committee and that the members have almost no say at all. I don't mean this match only, I also mean other things specifically such as the induction of advanced members. Why can't Deikailo have her win so we can all move on?

Best Regards,
- Hero
"I valued this battle." Come on. It's really not that significant. I can't really divorce how I view you from this situation since it seems to me you are always trying to stir up conflict.

Quote:Just because you're the WBO's creator, it doesn't make you a better human being than anyone else and that you have no right insulting others.

I don't really think I am a better human being than anyone else, and I'm not posting here as the "creator of the WBO", but as someone who's seen this conversation go on long enough already.

Quote:Brad, please don't change the topic here. Yes, the WBO is wonderful, but Dani has either directly or indirectly inspired a vast majority of the tournaments you host, she regularly comes up with great ideas for tournaments or promoting the WBO, and calling her "pathetic" is hardly fitting for someone of your position.

Not trying to change the topic. Just saying it's hard to take her seriously when her writing devolves into thinly-veiled threats about abandoning the community. I mean, this isn't the first time.

Also, I don't have any position. I'm not a committee member or even an advanced member. I'm just someone who's been around here for a really long time and seen this happen again and again.

At this point though, I agree -- in my unofficial capacity -- that the battle should just be processed already and Deikailo given the win. This conversation just isn't worth having. However, it's worth nothing that this isn't an issue because a loophole was exploited. Yeah yeah, it happens. It's an issue because:

-- Deikailo was a WBO judge, and is therefore held to a higher standard than other competitors. If she is entering what is clearly a "grey area" in the rules in order to give herself an advantage, she should consult with the WBO committee first.

-- Deikailo failed to appoint an impartial judge for what was a very important match. Her appointment of everyone watching is ridiculous and doesn't hold any weight.

Quote:This indecisiveness is one of the reasons why I am taking a break from this community. It seems to me that most decisions belong solely to the committee and that the members have almost no say at all. I don't mean this match only, I also mean other things specifically such as the induction of advanced members.

This community is not a democracy and has never pretended to be. The WBO Committee is formed up of some really great people. It's not possible to run a forum this large as a democracy, and frankly that wouldn't even be a good thing to do. If you don't like it, tough; but when you see just how strong this community is compared to every other Beyblade community ever, I think that validates the approach here.
(Sep. 11, 2011  5:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: "I valued this battle." Come on. It's really not that significant. I can't really divorce how I view you from this situation since it seems to me you are always trying to stir up conflict.
It is significant. I've seen Bluezee as a rival for years. I didn't mind my previous losses to him because he used to be a great kid in my eyes. Over time, something happened to him and I wanted to beat him at his own game. It's not like he has not used deception tactics before or cause controversy. I'm not going to sit back and say "okay".

If even you agree that the win should just be processed, then you should be able to see that my ridiculousness has to match the ridiculousness of the situation. As I've said before, I would prefer to avoid this time of confrontation, but when I don't get replies to PMs from committee, you bet I'm going to make a case out of it. If I have to vocalize it in a way that raises conflict, unfortunately, that's how it has to be done. It could have been avoided if this had been more actively addressed months ago. Waiting 3+ months is insane.

(Sep. 11, 2011  5:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: -- Deikailo was a WBO judge, and is therefore held to a higher standard than other competitors. If she is entering what is clearly a "grey area" in the rules in order to give herself an advantage, she should consult with the WBO committee first.

-- Deikailo failed to appoint an impartial judge for what was a very important match. Her appointment of everyone watching is ridiculous and doesn't hold any weight.
I couldn't appoint a judge. The way I saw it, I was screwed if I did. tbh, I don't trust any of these kinds of matches to anyone except Spin-Sonic, IKMV, and Cye. IKMV and Cye were not present and Spin-Sonic could not judge alone because he's Bluezee's best friend so I didn't want a bias. I also didn't want Bluezee to whine about how wrong one judge was.

And I did start consulting committee after this event. I really see Kei as a remarkable player when it comes to deception so after Beyblade Crusade, I wanted to incorporate that level of play into my battles, which is why I tried this in the first place. We were discussing how a lot of the rules were changed after his tactics in every tournament. I figured I could do the same.

(Sep. 11, 2011  5:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: This community is not a democracy and has never pretended to be. The WBO Committee is formed up of some really great people. It's not possible to run a forum this large as a democracy, and frankly that wouldn't even be a good thing to do. If you don't like it, tough; but when you see just how strong this community is compared to every other Beyblade community ever, I think that validates the approach here.
I think the point Hero is trying to make is the committee does not vocalize their thoughts as much as they should and it is to a fault. We're often left in the dark while they "discuss" events in their forum. In this particular event, Blitz, a committee member, was not even aware of the specifics of this event even though a similar situation occurred in the UK. How can they make such a decision without even discussing that as well?

As this game and forum evolves, the committee needs to as well. If they want to increase the longevity of their work towards keeping Beyblade alive, then it may be an appropriate time to assess their methods. Especially with the Beyblade World Championships coming up, we all know that commercial Beyblade will most likely take a nosedive like last time. This is not an isolated event, but from what I've understood through discussing opinions in many different countries with many prominent members, the level of "service" this forum is providing is lacking. If Beyblade does die again, the WBO will not be as successful as it could be if something isn't done about it.
(Sep. 11, 2011  5:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Not trying to change the topic. Just saying it's hard to take her seriously when her writing devolves into thinly-veiled threats about abandoning the community. I mean, this isn't the first time.
Kai-V Wrote:Anyway, yes, more recently than several years ago, I think you have proved what you were worth, and I think it is good. It seems like you helped wake up the United States.
If you don't want to take me seriously, don't. I wouldn't expect that of someone who won't let the past go. If you want to shadow my work over something that occurred two years ago, fine. I'll have you know I did take your advice and Annie's advice and worked toward redeeming myself.

You make me out to be the bad guy when you called my departure a threat. Would you have preferred me to leave quietly because I don't agree or raise these points because believe in the committee's capacity to handle this more efficiently? In two years, my intent has clearly changed.