[Brooklyn, NY] 5/29/11 Brooklyn's Battalion

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

1st: Deikailo
2nd: Bluezee
3rd: ArmorD-00taku

DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY SELL LIST! IT WILL BE PUBLISHED 12 HOURS BEFORE THE EVENT!

Time: 3pm
Date: Sunday, May 29th 2011
Format: Double Elimination

Registration will begin at 3pm and end promptly afterward. There will be no waiting what-so-ever. If you think you will be late (by one hour only), text your username(s) to 6317457001 after 12pm and I will register you en route to the store.

After Midnight Mayhem, I will no longer host tournaments.

Attendees:
Ultimate KCPJ
Deikailo
Cyber Blader
djspida5
Shippudenface
IKMV
ArmorD-00taku
Cye Kinomiya
Littlekev
Killerspinner
Sircancer28
firestar6595
TeamBasalt
SwiftShadow
TraceNReap
night virgo 45
Sniperâ„¢
Mr. N
melalalalalala
lawesomeness
Bey Bob
xxshyxboyxx23
JonnB
takenmylife
teampisces
destroyer12
isaiah456711
zackorang1
Emperor Lelouch
stormpikachu
hydreigon
Rocky257
Ryuki Ivanov
Total: 33

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Surprising Bluezee using Cs on 230 hmmm -keeps as a secret-
(Jun. 03, 2011  1:44 AM)ArmorD-00taku Wrote: Who's that sexy asian guy with the long hair, lol. So proof of that video is that should we put choosing your spin direction as stalling clause. Because in my round, I was timed, but in Deikailo's, they took their sweet time, also when we did countdown, neither Blue nor Dei were goin to shoot. We should do something about this because... Uhhhh... Time consuming.
It's from the time stalling clause is invoked that we are timed. You can put a stalling clause on nearly everything that requires a stalling choice. It's common sense. I told the entire room to judge this match to prevent bias and you seemingly took charge so I don't think you should be blaming us for taking forever...

After all, I cannot judge my own match so I cannot call stalling clause. I dropped the hint but you all took forever to pick up on it. Karice was the only one who really caught anything detrimental to that match.

Don't tell me I wasn't going to shoot because I was going to have my bey in the stadium on "rip" as per the rules. You're the one who backed out of finishing the countdown so I couldn't launch.

I'm really fed up with a majority of judges taking zero responsibility. Seriously Zackorang1 was reported wrong and nobody caught that? You all gawked at my like deer in headlights when I asked who judged Sircancer28's match. I feel as though it's incredibly selfish of you all to just push all of this on me. I can't have fun at my own tournaments, plain and simple.

I respect that you are all volunteers to your positions, however, if you feel as though you cannot handle your task, back down. To those of you who want to learn how to judge and take initiative, you guys are awesome. We all know there is no glory in hosting or judging. I want to show you all this by stepping down as host. It's amazing to me that in every venue from every other state, someone has agreed to step up and take my place except for New York. Does this not say anything to you guys?
IMO maybe people don't wanna do it because they know that you run the beyblade community in NY and that any other tournament will be inferior to any that you have done or maybe they just don't want to take the responsibility to properly organize and run a tournament with the same caliber as you do
(Jun. 03, 2011  2:31 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: IMO maybe people don't wanna do it because they know that you run the beyblade community in NY and that any other tournament will be inferior to any that you have done or maybe they just don't want to take the responsibility to properly organize and run a tournament with the same caliber as you do
My thoughts exactly, however, Kings Games is actually the best place to start. Alex (the store manager) basically taught me everything about organizing the event through the software, Mantis. Outside of that, I learned by making mistakes. I have no problems helping someone plan for "inheriting" Kings Games (i.e. I would arrange the time/date, they would just show up and run it), but I just want to play for a little while. I have no intention of abandoning the community. I will be there to help, but from behind the stage, not in front.
(Jun. 03, 2011  2:39 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2011  2:31 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: IMO maybe people don't wanna do it because they know that you run the beyblade community in NY and that any other tournament will be inferior to any that you have done or maybe they just don't want to take the responsibility to properly organize and run a tournament with the same caliber as you do
My thoughts exactly, however, Kings Games is actually the best place to start. Alex (the store manager) basically taught me everything about organizing the event through the software, Mantis. Outside of that, I learned by making mistakes. I have no problems helping someone plan for "inheriting" Kings Games (i.e. I would arrange the time/date, they would just show up and run it), but I just want to play for a little while. I have no intention of abandoning the community. I will be there to help, but from behind the stage, not in front.

See id be up to do but id have to get a job first cause its about 20 for round trip transport plus i gotta get some more stadiums
(Jun. 03, 2011  2:51 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote:

See id be up to do but id have to get a job first cause its about 20 for round trip transport plus i gotta get some more stadiums
Really, it's a lot of work and aside from your financial situation, I don't think you have a full understanding of what it means to efficiently run a tournament. I get little kids pestering me, parents berating me, judges who just can't keep focus, and absolutely no time to think. You have to create three solutions for everything ten minutes before the problem even presents itself.

well honestly, she is not the only blader in NYC. not to mention, she is not the only vet here either. i'm considering hosting a tournament in the coming weeks, preferably either in central park or maybe an event space such as Kings Games, as it is familiar location with most of the Tri-state area bladers. bear in mind i've never hosted a tournament before, so I will have to put an attendee limit to avoid chaos and to ensure everyone will be able to participate as the format will more than likely be double round robin. my only limitation would be prizes and lack of stadiums, but i'm sure the community wouldn't mind helping me out with that ;D

i mean with the stadium fiasco of course. prizes would more than likely be out of my pocket :0
(Jun. 03, 2011  2:54 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2011  2:51 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote:
i had a miniature version of your problem at this tournament. I had little kids and their friends and their cousins whos parent thought i was so nice to them at previous tournaments constantly "Sniper! can you help me with a combo. oh sniper can you help my friend out" and the same thing goes for the parents.I mean im used to it my house used to be a daycare and i have neices and nephews and cousins,plus i got my trusty whistle to calm things down and i understand what you mean with the judges with the whole sir cancer situation

Really, it's a lot of work and aside from your financial situation, I don't think you have a full understanding of what it means to efficiently run a tournament. I get little kids pestering me, parents berating me, judges who just can't keep focus, and absolutely no time to think. You have to create three solutions for everything ten minutes before the problem even presents itself.
No, I'd still come to provide product to sell and stadiums for battle. If it's at Kings Games, everything stays the same only I'll stay away from judging and running the event. I don't mind being bothered if you have a problem, but I just don't want my entire focus to be organizing. I need a vacation from being responsible for everyone, haha.

The store credit prize system works well, actually.
(Jun. 03, 2011  3:04 AM)djspida5 Wrote:

well honestly, she is not the only blader in NYC. not to mention, she is not the only vet here either. i'm considering hosting a tournament in the coming weeks, preferably either in central park or maybe an event space such as Kings Games, as it is familiar location with most of the Tri-state area bladers. bear in mind i've never hosted a tournament before, so I will have to put an attendee limit to avoid chaos and to ensure everyone will be able to participate as the format will more than likely be double round robin. my only limitation would be prizes and lack of stadiums, but i'm sure the community wouldn't mind helping me out with that ;D

i mean with the stadium fiasco of course. prizes would more than likely be out of my pocket :0
see thats exactly how i feel. lol p.s work on your combos more
Quote:i mean with the stadium fiasco of course. prizes would more than likely be out of my pocket :0
Of course, i do need at least 2 stadium to run my own tournament so my wallet is almost empty Prizes yeah Uncertain
(Jun. 03, 2011  3:21 AM)Galaxy4ever Wrote:
Quote:i mean with the stadium fiasco of course. prizes would more than likely be out of my pocket :0
Of course, i do need at least 2 stadium to run my own tournament so my wallet is almost empty Prizes yeah Uncertain
Dude, this is about Brooklyn, not you. Why do you and Rotation keep posting in the threads of tournaments that you do not attend nor attempt to attend and act like you understand what has transpired in its entirety? It's spam and quite frankly, it irks me.
I'd love to host a tournament, but I'm not "host material" yet. And I would be happy to assist in any means necessary, but I'm forgetful and easily lose interest in many things, so I'll keep my position as judge until then.
(Jun. 03, 2011  3:24 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2011  3:21 AM)Galaxy4ever Wrote:
Dude, this is about Brooklyn, not you. Why do you and Rotation keep posting in the threads of tournaments that you do not attend nor attempt to attend and act like you understand what has transpired in its entirety? It's spam and quite frankly, it irks me.

Uhm..? If you must know Im helping him as a true friend. He done alot of stuff for me now and in the past so I felt, maybe I need to help him earn his credits and reputation he desires. So plz dont go there. =3 Sry if I was rude. Galaxy deserves to be trustes by the commitee, in fact you and him are the only hard working ones right now considering you "retired". So dont act like you know him. You met him at 3 tourneys and drop off his stuff at his house. Its not like you met him when you fell down on the playground at the first day of kindergarten school and he contacted a teacher to make sure you're ok >=U. then again, Sorry for my rudeness. I was offended and defending him.
...You realize you are going off topic, which is why I said Galaxy and Rotation? When we discuss anything in this thread, it is generally about the organization for this event and the venue specifically. Rarely do you see users who do not attend these events post in the event thread. You two, however, are constantly spamming other threads trying to be a part of that social group when really, it does not contribute to the conversation at all.

As far as acting like I know something, take your own advice. Don't act like you know the New York community because the two of you NEVER play here.
Which is why Im patient. to go up to NYC one day on the tourney weekend. =3 rawr... and Sorry btw, I was just offended. and Congrats on the red face, just noticed it. xD. Again, sorry for my trolling.
i can go up to brooklyn anytime i want to start a tournament (im from conneticut) so id be expecting a tourny in NYC real soon...
does any one know when the next tournoment is in brooklyn,i am going there for about 5days in 2 weeks and i want do do m,y first wbo tournoment to get me ready for battle bladers or the tournoments in the summer.
You have to ask everyone else who isn't me because to be honest with you, nobody in New York volunteered to run Kings Games.
At least you got the credits you deserved. So maybe... NYC is fading...... lol jks. Have anyone heard from Bluezee? I PM'd him about beyblade stores. But he hasnt PM back... Starting to get worried
well, he has my CS from this tournament (he borrowed it but forgot to return it.... well actually it's more so my fault for forgetting to ask for it back) and i REMEMBER last fews seconds of my vid that he said that his CS wasn't moving all day when i really was MY CS. lol. so maybe that's y it wasn't moving... mine's the defensive CS. but yeah, i PMed him too about that... i think bluezee is too pre-occupied with school to go online... it's finals week in some high schools... so i'm sure he's studying his brains out.... if that relieves some worry. i would volunteer to host but honestly... it would be too hard for me to handle... 1 deikailo = the nerves of 4-5 Sky Princes... i wanna help a little more as a judge before i grow some backbone.... T.T but don't worry, i WILL host one day....
My CS is missing as well. Uncertain Not happy. It was only a week old.
(Jun. 06, 2011  2:11 PM)Deikailo Wrote: My CS is missing as well. Uncertain Not happy. It was only a week old.

wait.... u have 3? cause i remember when we were in ur car, u had a aurora one and a standard CS that looked brand new on your car seat. and i remember handing it to you from the back seat...
Yes, I have four. I have three right now.

Was it blue or gray? Because I can't find the gray one.
(Jun. 07, 2011  4:50 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Yes, I have four. I have three right now.

Was it blue or gray? Because I can't find the gray one.

ahh, it was the blue one that i mistaken for mine... but yeah, i only saw 2 on ur car seat.... unless it's hiding somewhere in the back seat. Tired if u want, i can help u find it. we can have a full car search (as to a full body search). u lend it to anyone?... cause if it was in ur pocket, doubt someone would reach in ur pocket for it unless they had x-ray vision and knew u were packing 4 CSs.