[Brooklyn, NY] 5/29/11 Brooklyn's Battalion

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

1st: Deikailo
2nd: Bluezee
3rd: ArmorD-00taku

DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY SELL LIST! IT WILL BE PUBLISHED 12 HOURS BEFORE THE EVENT!

Time: 3pm
Date: Sunday, May 29th 2011
Format: Double Elimination

Registration will begin at 3pm and end promptly afterward. There will be no waiting what-so-ever. If you think you will be late (by one hour only), text your username(s) to 6317457001 after 12pm and I will register you en route to the store.

After Midnight Mayhem, I will no longer host tournaments.

Attendees:
Ultimate KCPJ
Deikailo
Cyber Blader
djspida5
Shippudenface
IKMV
ArmorD-00taku
Cye Kinomiya
Littlekev
Killerspinner
Sircancer28
firestar6595
TeamBasalt
SwiftShadow
TraceNReap
night virgo 45
Sniperâ„¢
Mr. N
melalalalalala
lawesomeness
Bey Bob
xxshyxboyxx23
JonnB
takenmylife
teampisces
destroyer12
isaiah456711
zackorang1
Emperor Lelouch
stormpikachu
hydreigon
Rocky257
Ryuki Ivanov
Total: 33

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jun. 07, 2011  5:53 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I lent it out.

hmm, u remember who u lent it to? cause if anything, u can ask the person.
Someone in the top eight, I think.
(Jun. 07, 2011  5:59 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Someone in the top eight, I think.

ok, well, at least that eliminates a lot of suspects... i know i didn't borrow a CS because i had my own. hmmm... u remember what he/she looks like? try looking at my vid, it might give u some hints based off of appearance.
I think it was Bluezee or Paolo, but you know better than everyone that I wasn't exactly thinking straight that day.

And don't even go there...
(Jun. 07, 2011  6:16 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I think it was Bluezee or Paolo, but you know better than everyone that I wasn't exactly thinking straight that day.

yeah yeah. kinda figured u didn't want to.... well, i'm just tryin to help. Lips_sealed we could always ask paulo on here if he sees our posts... if anything we could ask him on facebook or ask if anyone knows (not like anyone who was there would fess up). and if not paulo, we could call bluezee to see if he has it. u have his number, right?
I'll figure something out...
(Jun. 07, 2011  7:01 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I'll figure something out...

i may be wrong but i don't think it was blue cause he.was using mine in the end
(Jun. 07, 2011  6:16 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I think it was Bluezee or Paolo, but you know better than everyone that I wasn't exactly thinking straight that day.

Do you have your clear one because that was the one I borrowed. Also it's pronouced Paolo but it's spelled Paulo.
(Jun. 07, 2011  2:48 PM)ArmorD-00taku Wrote:

Do you have your clear one because that was the one I borrowed. Also it's pronouced Paolo but it's spelled Paulo.
Yeah, so I guess that means I lent out two that tournament... because my gray one is missing.
(Jun. 07, 2011  1:49 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2011  7:01 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I'll figure something out...

i may be wrong but i don't think it was blue cause he.was using mine in the end

umm. no... blue used mine... i remember that he needed to borrow it twice for the finals.... which explains y i never got it back =P
(Jun. 08, 2011  12:34 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Guys, use this topic to plan further events:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Brooklyn...mes-Thread

It doesnt exist?
Is this ever getting processed? Serious
I heard about the full details involving the issue in the final match. I would like to say, something similar was done in the UK, which was allowed, with all the matches continued with Blitz's approval on the day.

Deikailo does not need to pick the beyblade attached to the L launcher. She has not selected her beyblade yet, if the beyblade is not paired up with it's correct spin direction as the previous rules stood.
It has been revived,wait are the results still proceessing,or its been done already
The final battle, credits, and faces have not been processed.
(Sep. 06, 2011  8:23 PM)ControL_ Wrote: I heard about the full details involving the issue in the final match. I would like to say, something similar was done in the UK, which was allowed, with all the matches continued with Blitz's approval on the day.

Deikailo does not need to pick the beyblade attached to the L launcher. She has not selected her beyblade yet, if the beyblade is not paired up with it's correct spin direction as the previous rules stood.

There is an order any good judge should go through :

First, a Beyblade "attached" to a/the Launcher must be used for the duration of the BeyBattle.

Then, second, a right-spin Beyblade cannot be used with a left-spin Launcher, and vice versa.

So, it does not say "the right/proper Launcher", and since there is an opposition between the two rules, I would not consider it as : "OK, we start all over again." In my opinion and in that of most of the Committee, a sort of penalty should have been done, because in most cases that same Launcher selected must be used for the duration of the BeyBattle too. And no, we should not have to define what the word "attach" means.

Plus, I believe that Deikailo also kept switching between the right-spin and left-spin prongs on her Beylauncher LR, which is something that inherently should have been known as illegal. If you attach a Beyblade, you are not supposed to detach it.

We all think the Rulebooks are becoming really convoluted, and it is all because apparently we need to specify things that should be inherent to any Blader following the game. I am about to add a clause about the judge's discretionary power and something like "Good Blader Logic", just to cover everything that is obvious and that might not be written ...
(Sep. 07, 2011  1:04 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2011  8:23 PM)ControL_ Wrote: I heard about the full details involving the issue in the final match. I would like to say, something similar was done in the UK, which was allowed, with all the matches continued with Blitz's approval on the day.

There is an order any good judge should go through :

First, a Beyblade "attached" to a/the Launcher must be used for the duration of the BeyBattle.

Then, second, a right-spin Beyblade cannot be used with a left-spin Launcher, and vice versa.

So, it does not say "the right/proper Launcher", and since there is an opposition between the two rules, I would not consider it as : "OK, we start all over again." In my opinion and in that of most of the Committee, a sort of penalty should have been done, because in most cases that same Launcher selected must be used for the duration of the BeyBattle too. And no, we should not have to define what the word "attach" means.

Plus, I believe that Deikailo also kept switching between the right-spin and left-spin prongs on her Beylauncher LR, which is something that inherently should have been known as illegal. If you attach a Beyblade, you are not supposed to detach it.

We all think the Rulebooks are becoming really convoluted, and it is all because apparently we need to specify things that should be inherent to any Blader following the game. I am about to add a clause about the judge's discretionary power and something like "Good Blader Logic", just to cover everything that is obvious and that might not be written ...
IKMV did that to me during Crusade, so should that not have been processed? Also, the rules said launcher, not prongs. If you wanted it to be prongs, then say prongs. Don't penalize me for your mistakes. I would like to point out I beat Bluezee in both spin directions. Actually, my intended direction was the opposite direction, which, as I later found out, was the worst spin direction because he kept KOing me from recoil.

Okay, so the UK could use this trick multiple times with Blitz's consent, but if I try it, it's wrong? If that's the case, you should make it fair and delete all matches from those battles in the UK where it was used.

Also, the rules originally stated THE launcher, not A launcher so don't add that one in there.
"the Launcher" is still not "the Launcher that can work with it" ...

We were not even aware of all those other instances. It seems like none of you remember who judged your battle at BEYBLADE CRUSADE, and you did not report it then where we could have discussed it live.
And how was I supposed to know that these actions were done in the United Kingdom as well ?
(Sep. 07, 2011  1:22 AM)Kai-V Wrote: "the Launcher" is still not "the Launcher that can work with it" ...

We were not even aware of all those other instances. It seems like none of you remember who judged your battle at BEYBLADE CRUSADE, and you did not report it then where we could have discussed it live.
And how was I supposed to know that these actions were done in the United Kingdom as well ?
Because it was common sense. It was attached to the launcher. He just reattached to it to a different set of prongs, not a different launcher. That's three judges that didn't see an issue with it because IKMV, Cye and I are probably the three top judges in our community plus the judges at Crusade were all picked by committee.

I want to say that it was you or Kei who judged it, but tbh, I'm not entirely sure. I was looking down the entire time because I was overwhelmed, tired, and hungry and I felt bad about playing IKMV.

Because ControL_ just wrote it.
For sure it was not me, I am quite certain I never judged you and Chris at the same time.
[/quote]I would like to point out I beat Bluezee in both spin directions. Actually, my intended direction was the opposite direction, which, as I later found out, was the worst spin direction because he kept KOing me from recoil.
[/quote]

LOL. Yeah after you lost in both directions then decided to attach, detach, attach, detach, stalling clause, then launch. In fact, there is a video of you doing it.

No. At that point, we were both going in opposite spin directions. This was before I knew about a weak launch so I kept getting KO'd because I would strong launch. You had a CS and I had an EWD. When we were at 2-2, that's when we stalling claused into the same direction. I thought I would be dead because I wouldn't be able to spin steal, but instead, I had a better survival rate, which I didn't expect because I never tested this combo. Get your facts straight.

However, I'm not going to argue with you over anything because that would be pointless.
(Sep. 07, 2011  4:36 PM)Deikailo Wrote: No. At that point, we were both going in opposite spin directions. This was before I knew about a weak launch so I kept getting KO'd because I would strong launch. You had a CS and I had an EWD. When we were at 2-2, that's when we stalling claused into the same direction. I thought I would be dead because I wouldn't be able to spin steal, but instead, I had a better survival rate, which I didn't expect because I never tested this combo. Get your facts straight.

However, I'm not going to argue with you over anything because that would be pointless.

Wrong again. Apparently, you did not read clearly as usual and none of this would have happened if you didn't try to take a "deceptive way out" which backfired on you because now the results still are not processed and people are STILL waiting after three months and almost five tournaments later. Would you like to see the video?

And yes, arguing would be pointless considering had you not tried to bend the rules instead of using common sense and logic along with skill, this would not have been an issue today.