Beypoint System Renovation & New Face Contests!

(Sep. 29, 2012  11:52 PM)Grimlock Wrote: Me grimlock say it not sad

If your going to post please contribute to the current topic.
Grrr I hate how earliar on this week, the day I was going to do my entry I got given a 5 page essay to write Unhappy

Good Luck to all who entered however Grin
when is the new beypoint system going to be finished what is the percent of it?
(Nov. 21, 2012  9:43 PM)UltimiteOrion Wrote: when is the new beypoint system going to be finished what is the percent of it?

Just be patient. The committee is working hard on this. Remember they do have a life outside the WBO. Be thankful that they are actually doing the overhaul of the Beypoint System.
Really stoked to see how this all comes out.
Got a few new hosts coming up on the east side of Michigan, so that means more tournaments! Plus another one on my side of the state as well.
This next year will be even greater than last in Michigan for tournaments!
(Sep. 19, 2012  5:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Good day World Bladers!

Hundreds of tournaments later, years of use later, new situations have arisen in our region-based communities that necessitate a change of the formula used in the Beypoint System. In the goal of getting a more accurate and fair calculation of the Beypoints involved in matches of an event, we are therefore temporarily halting the processing of the tournaments currently in the Beypoint Queue as well as those that are coming up, right until the formula has been modified and is all ready for use. However, we will continue with the processing of Credits and Faces for each tournament! We have added a new section in the BeyPoints Queue thread titled "Faces and Credits Awarded" which lists the tournaments that have had this done.

So, we would simply like to ask for your collaboration during this period. We will of course try to make it as short as possible since we know that you can't wait to compare how you rank compared to others in your area or around the world. This is really in everyone's best interest, since everyone will have a fair chance now!

Many tournaments later and half a year, there still is not an update to the beypoints system. Since there has obviously been a delay beyond the control of the WBO's ability to control, it would be in the best interest of organized play to process the tournaments under the old method at this point.

Quote:One of the main goals of the World Beyblade Organization is to provide a competitive atmosphere for Bladers. To that end, we have created the BeyPoints System. When you win a battle against another WBO-registered Blader, you gain BP. When you lose a battle, you lose BP. The amount of BP won or lost depends on what the difference of BP is between you and your opponent.

BeyPoints are used to estimate the skill level of a Blader. It is assumed that a Blader with a high amount of BP is stronger than a Blader with less BP. When a Blader with high BP defeats a Blader with low BP, he will not gain much. However, if he loses to a Blader with much less BP than him, he will lose a large amount of BP.

You will always gain the same amount of BP your opponent loses, and vice versa. Therefore, to continue to gain decent amounts of BP, you must battle Bladers at a similar level to you. If you have not yet created a BeyPoints Record, you can do so by clicking here.

A lot has happened in the last six months and the snapshot of the beypoints leader board no longer reflects the accuracy of the current "competitive atmosphere."
... We know, and we are obviously very upset with the delay ourselves, but it seems to be a promise now that it will get done before April. We all have our separate lives, and sometimes unexpected bad events happen. This is part of the concessions you have to make when you accept to do teamwork and delegate.
wow! gone for a day and i miss all the news!? haha. great to hear the long awaited completion.
This news is from last year, haha.
I think he meant the news that it will get done before April.
Wow, It'll be done before April? If That's the assurance, I bet the thread comes out on 30th April, which is a Saturday- a major day for News Release
Before April? Yes! Thanks for your hard work WBO!

I also have a question. Will Bey Points be awarded for those who participated at Hyper Beyblade Vol. 1. I'm asking due to the fact that there was intractable scoring.
This is exactly one of the reasons why I might want to come back! I remember being so fed up having lost 5 ranks from coming second or third in a tournament! I am so glad action will take place as I found the previous system a large injustice to many.

This will definitely ease the pressures of going to a tournament. Perhaps this is exactly what is needed for me to kick start a hobby.
it's already May :\
After many delays and shortcomings; one after another, we have finally just received the final files needed for the BeyPoints Update on April 30th. That is 3 days ago. Kai-V is still in the middle of her academic final exam, but she will try her best to assimilate the files into the system as soon as possible.

On a positive note, do look forward to it. It will be done very very soon.
Thanks a lot for the update, Uwik. This was much needed.
Can't wait to see how the new system works.
(May. 03, 2013  9:13 AM)Uwik Wrote: After many delays and shortcomings; one after another, we have finally just received the final files needed for the BeyPoints Update on April 30th. That is 3 days ago. Kai-V is still in the middle of her academic final exam, but she will try her best to assimilate the files into the system as soon as possible.

On a positive note, do look forward to it. It will be done very very soon.
This is some of the best news I've heard in awhile. So will most tournaments be processed at once?
Yup, have you noticed your

BeyPoints: 1111

disappear from your postbit ? We have indeed started working on this renovation full on now, and there are just a few details left before we can start processing matches again! The only inconvenience is that we'll have to process every battle all over again, but we'll dedicate all of our free time to that and we will back to normal in no time! For this reason though, we will temporarily disable the ability to change your username, in order to help us make no mistakes while we process battles, which would gravely delay any progress.
Amazing!!! This is some great news. I am incredibly excited. Thanks to all who have been working hard on this.
Wow, amazing news! Thanks to all of the WBO committee for working so hard on this project, can't wait for it all to be complete!
VICTORY!!! Thanks Kai-V, I can't wait to see my new rank!
woo

Thanks much guys!

(our profiles look so empty without a BeyRank haha)
YES! Thanks so much to the WBO for working very hard!

I agree with this:
(May. 08, 2013  10:10 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: (our profiles look so empty without a BeyRank haha)
Awesome news. Although I won't have one, it's great to know this long process is almost finished!
This is great news, at long last. Will credits be distributed along the same timeframe?