Beypoint System Renovation & New Face Contests!

I do agree. If there is a small turnout for an event, it usually consist of the core group of experienced players. With a larger turnout, there is a lot of newer less competitive players but also the core group is usually present. So, yes it would be difficult to win the larger event. But, I believe the point system should consider both factors. 1. The size of the tournament 2. The rank of the players in the tournament. So, the real question becomes does the current system already do that?

It is difficult to comment fully on the new system since the details are unknown. Having said that, i do think comments made now can be helpful in shaping better ideas. Based on the bits and pieces of information I have read in the post, there is a potential concern. The WBO offers organized competitive play. If the point system is altered in a way that protects the rank of players, that could be perceived as counter to the idea of competition. I like that players lose points for losses and I like that it is based on the level of the competition. I like that a new player can enter the scene and in a matter of 3 to 5 tournaments have a good rank if they produce a winning record. I like that the front page of the beypoints changes as it gives opportunity for more players to achieve success. I am not sure that the best players rankings should be protected.
(Sep. 20, 2012  2:10 PM)Primus Wrote: 1. The size of the tournament 2. The rank of the players in the tournament.

This will be the case with the new formula, yes. Not only will tournament size be now taken into account, but of course both players' rank in a match will determine how many Beypoints each gains or loses.

(Sep. 20, 2012  2:10 PM)Primus Wrote: So, the real question becomes does the current system already do that?

The current Beypoint System only takes into account the rank of both players in a match.
Even though it doesn't (yet at least, haha) affect me, it'll be nice to see the BeyPoint system renovated after being here for so long.

The Face Contests sound exciting! Hopefully I'll win one eventually. Grin
Just in: The WBO Committee will give out a Bandid Gamble to the winner of the Face Contest! Get what you design, oh yeah!!
(Sep. 19, 2012  8:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2012  7:33 PM)Ultra Wrote: And this helps combat overall activity decrease how exactly?

Eh, perhaps this shows that some people are naturally meant to be administrators, and others are not.

(Sep. 19, 2012  8:24 PM)Luck Wrote: Am i the only that's interested in the face contest? Joyful_2
does anyone know when they'll be starting?

If you read the opening post, there is already one right now : Design Bandid Gamble!. It is in the Beyblade General forum ...

Aw... I did, just mid-read it Tired i've seriously got to stop going on forums too late into the evening ...
Finally, everyone was bugging Blitz for the reason last tournament, now we know why Grin xD
I do have some thoughts/opinions on the renovation of the Beypoint system. So here is my rant
I think your worries are already addressed in my previous post, the one in response to Primus ...
This is so cool Smile

Thanks to everyone who made it possible!
(Sep. 20, 2012  8:18 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I think your worries are already addressed in my previous post, the one in response to Primus ...

They are. Dark_Mousy, if someone with 1,000 BeyPoints beats you in this new system, they will still gain a lot of BeyPoints, just as they do in the current system. However, the difference is that the variable (the "K-Factor") which determines how many points you can potentially gain/lose relative to the opponent you beat/lose against is different depending on your current BP (I believe. It may have been rank, but I'm not sure. I'd have to ask Arupaeo). So, even though the 1,000 BP opponent gained many BeyPoints, you will not lose the same amount that he gained because your K-Factor is lower than his. Of course however, you would still lose a relatively significant amount, but it wouldn't be ridiculous, like the current system is.

The "pros" are indeed protected to some degree, but this is fair because they have earned their spot through repeated success. It is only through repeated failure that a top ranked Blader should see a drastic drop in their rank, not through a single bad performance, or even one or two "decent" performances, don't you agree? And you mustn't forget how difficult it still is to actually gain BP once you've reached a certain threshold. The "pros" will be protected to a certain extent, but they'll also be relatively easy to catch for any skilled Blader who is new to the rankings because of the higher K-Factor they are initially given.

Arupaeo and Uwik know much more about the technical/mathematical side of all of this than I do, so hopefully they'll be able to delve into that topic at some point, but this gives you the general idea.
For certain, all of this will be explained in many more details once the change has been done and that we post the proper announcement for it. At the moment, we are simply trying to make it all work, we ask you to be patient, and we assure you that it will be a benefit for everyone in the end.
I like this I think the experience of the field should factor in as well.
the average of beypoints per Blader
average amount of past battles per Blader
size of the field
Can you show us the mathematical formula used in the current system to figure out points?
The current system uses the most basic ELO algorithm with a static K index value. You can google it, and it will list the algorithm.

As time progresses, WBO collects numerous data, enough to foresee that the algorithm itself needs to be upgraded to better match the beyblade tournament scene. Previously, it was based a generic environment. This data allows us to better prepare for certain scenarios in the future. We can't really disclose anything without going too mathematical, so I'm just going to say that the upgraded version will still be based on the current one as a foundation, but a lot more algorithms that make it more variable and less static have been added into it. Things such as tournament size, experience, etc.

How does it affect the members who participate in tournaments?
- Less severe loss of BeyPoints if you lose a match.
- Higher gain of BeyPoints if you are lower ranked. This gives an excellent opportunity for lower ranked players to 'catch up' to the big boys. While at the same time, the 'pros' will be motivated once again to compete without the worry of losing too much BeyPoints in a single match.

When successfully implemented, the upgraded version will even out the BeyPoints of players solely based on their performance over time, disregarding regions, frequency, size, etc; resulting in a more accurate BeyRank list.

Keep in mind that this is a massive upgrade on the staff's part. We can only ask for your patience and trust. Cheers.
Me grimlock think it good idea
(Sep. 24, 2012  3:45 PM)Grimlock Wrote: Me grimlock think it good idea

Clearly its a good idea. Its something thats needed to be done for a long time now. If your going to post please make sure it contains a good thought. And type where it actually makes sense.
So i'm assuming if we do Swiss/Round robin format normally it would come out 4 losses or more would it be cut into half or quarter of our loss of bey points depending on the blader correct?
(Sep. 24, 2012  11:02 PM)thermalwolf3261 Wrote: bandid gorem already came out

We know ... This is about Bandid Gamble, if you did not read well ...
(Sep. 24, 2012  8:53 PM)Stars Wrote: So i'm assuming if we do Swiss/Round robin format normally it would come out 4 losses or more would it be cut into half or quarter of our loss of bey points depending on the blader correct?

No, your assumption is wrong. The decrease of BeyPoints loss will not be dependent on the total participants, format, or number of battles lost. It will still depend on who the player lost to, his/her own current BeyPoints, and his/her own 'experience'. It's modified in a way that what used to be a constant index is now a dynamic variable, which directly translates to the automatic decrease of BeyPoints loss.
(Sep. 20, 2012  6:48 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I do have some thoughts/opinions on the renovation of the Beypoint system. So here is my rant
I agree with you. I do like getting points from beating higher rank players but I thought it wasn't good that they would drop down and top ranked players have similar points so if one loses some they would go down 3 or 4 spaces.
so exactly why are you fighting over this Ultra just design it......
i think that this face contest sounds cool, but everyone be a cridick
So Georgia is screwed...lol
(Sep. 27, 2012  2:19 AM)Zancrow Wrote: So Georgia is screwed...lol

Not at all. At least, not by the new Beypoint System, hah : the only way you are "screwed" is because you apparently cannot gather eight players anymore, which is very sad ...
Me grimlock say it not sad