Beyblade Random Thoughts

Why don't we get noticed? It's just not fair that Zankye got noticed and not us!:\ yeah he has over 53,000 subscribers but we have more members! The Beychannel has 11,000 subscribers but I still don't see why Zankye was chosen over the WBO? We have to get more noticed somehow!
In this instance it might be because we're generally more focused on actual tops and haven't been that keen on their side series, though personally I'm guessing someone saw Zankye and decided his particular brand of enthusiasm would be ideal for this specific piece.

Other times though, well, you know I'm still completely miffed as to why they didn't reach out to us for their part of the world championships, even if it were just to supply experienced judges or get advice or whatever - that's somewhere where we clearly have a lot of success and experience and have always been clear about being ready and more than willing to help out with that kind of thing, and I'm sure people here know how I feel about letting that kind of thing go to waste. Plus just in general, I feel we have a lot to offer in terms of the competitive and organisational side of things that they would only stand to gain from if they were to actually reach out to us or even respond to our attempts to reach out to them.

I feel like next series or whatever you want to call the next time beyblade is at a point where another world championships is likely that we really need to make a very proactive, focused effort to get their attention and let them see what we have to offer them. I know plenty of stuff has been done in the past (though I don't specifically know what), but I do feel like with the steps forward we've made in the past few years that we're going to be in a much stronger position next time. Of course, as I said, don't have specifics on past attempts so maybe I'm being presumptuous etc.
(Jan. 12, 2014  7:01 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2014  6:58 PM)ashton pinto Wrote: He has thousands of active subscribers on YouTube, also his giveaways makes him famous I guess... and very few know about the WBO..

Very few yet we have eighty-six thousand Members ? I would say that beats thousands of active subscribers. In 2011 particularly, we were certainly more popular and active than him. We also do more for Beyblade than him ...
Ya we do have .... but we don't have ACTIVE members, that's what I meant... out of 86000, AFAIK we don't have more than 20000 active members... the rest includes people who just register, don't post, visit just for a day, a few banned members, members who quit ..spam guys (I mean kinda like those spam bots post) etc etc.

What Im saying may not be true
And this is just a random talk .. nothing against anyone
EDIT: OK we have th!nks meaningful post already .. Wink
And our 'personnel' is basically gratis. We all do this for absolutely no money. We want them to use less money on staff and more on prizes, decor, etc. to make the tournaments even more awesome.
While I think that the WBO is certainly more qualified for being on television (and deserves it more, to be honest), I can understand their decision in choosing Zankye. Because this site is geared towards the competitive aspects of Beyblade, there is very little talk of Hasbro's uncompetitive spinoffs aside from a few threads and our members have a wider age range. Zankye appeals more to a children's tv station because he represents the majority of younger kids who like beyblade and have no competitive interest in the toy. They probably wanted some kid that they knew wouldn't care about the quality or performance of the toy to talk about how cool it was and comment on the action because that's what the channel's young viewers would rather see.
Or they could be wanting someone that they know would be fine with reading a script or basic outline of what that person should say, unlike us, who would rather just spill the truth about side series.
(Apr. 24, 2009  8:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I thought this could be fun for Beyblade stuff that doesn't really deserve its own thread but isn't a question.

I don't think I'm going to use either of my Aries ... they're just too valuable. I will probably sell them and rebuy them when Hasbro inevitably releases them for $8. Pisces value seems to be rising as well.

i think we're getting off topic talking about Zankye, and my goodness no wonder he doesn't want to join. Pretty bad when a thread turns into a whole bunch of jealous bullying....
I'm regretting posting the video- never meant this to go so far.

Simply saying he was on TV, never meant this to escalate so much; however, TheSupremeOne has an excellent point. Tongue_out
(Jan. 12, 2014  6:58 PM)ashton pinto Wrote: He has thousands of active subscribers on YouTube, also his giveaways makes him famous I guess... and very few know about the WBO..

I feel its worth noting to say this, but I won one of Zankyes prizes, and some WBO members have won too. In the same giveaway, babyjavi3rddragon (or bj3rdd) won too. I unsubscribed from him, because I reached my subscription limit lol. Kinda useless post though.

Edit: Didn't read ashton pinto's second post.
All I'm gonna say on this topic is that We all need to bring several promo cards and shove/tape them in/on to the box/packages so that everyone who looks or buys, will hear about us. Teams and members that live in the same neighborhood should set up booths outside of stores and give them out. And tournament hosts should place flyers on every light/telphone pole and every wall possible. Given enough Effort?, we could get on the news even, and at that point, we have parents telling kids, and friends telling friends and then non-bladers will be the minority, and...(for those who don't know that this will lead to the WBO taking over the world, just ignore the end of this post).
(Jan. 13, 2014  7:09 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: All I'm gonna say on this topic is that We all need to bring several promo cards and shove/tape them in/on to the box/packages so that everyone who looks or buys, will hear about us. Teams and members that live in the same neighborhood should set up booths outside of stores and give them out. And tournament hosts should place flyers on every light/telphone pole and every wall possible. Given enough Effort?, we could get on the news even, and at that point, we have parents telling kids, and friends telling friends and then non-bladers will be the minority, and...(for those who don't know that this will lead to the WBO taking over the world, just ignore the end of this post).

I love this idea!Grin I'd like to do this in every store!XD
I've actually been thinking about sticking WBO flyers behind/on Beyblade packages at Wal-Mart, so anyone buying them or even taking them off the shelf to take a look will see the flyer. I've been worried that someone's going to see me doing it though and lead to a rather awkward conversation XD
So i bravely decided to bring my whole beyblade collection and BB-10 stadium to school today (my school is a super lax alternative school where you can choose to do what you want).

at first everyone kinda made fun of it, and rolled there eyes (even my best friend), but halfway through the day something awesome happened.

almost everyone at the school was fiddling with parts, attempting to make combos, learning how things work.. some of them even made some pretty good combos (a scythe leon ED145BWD with actually really good life after death properties comes to mind).
all in all, it was a blast.. though they did break a face bolt, a 105, and both of my beylauncher L/Rs (which i now have to fix.. for the second time this week)
Haha, one time my friend came over and saw my beys, grabbed my L/R and started pulling the string as far as it can go and I went ape carp, haha.

Pretty cool that happened though!
(Jan. 14, 2014  6:15 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: So i bravely decided to bring my whole beyblade collection and BB-10 stadium to school today (my school is a super lax alternative school where you can choose to do what you want).

at first everyone kinda made fun of it, and rolled there eyes (even my best friend), but halfway through the day something awesome happened.

almost everyone at the school was fiddling with parts, attempting to make combos, learning how things work.. some of them even made some pretty good combos (a scythe leon ED145BWD with actually really good life after death properties comes to mind).
all in all, it was a blast.. though they did break a face bolt, a 105, and both of my beylauncher L/Rs (which i now have to fix.. for the second time this week)

That's awesome! Not the part about the broken parts though....but look on the bright side, it could have been worse. Maybe you could even get 'em to come to a tournament Smile
Tri
haha, i will be honest, i did have to pretty much show everyone how to properly launch a bey xD

KING
two parts i never use, and about 15 minutes or so of work is pretty good i would say from what i expected.
maybe, they still kinda laugh at me fore playing competitively though.. but in time
My excuse when I get made fun if for playing competitively is the tournaments are only for my little cousin (which is partly true haha) but I don't think they believe me XD.

I barely let anyone get near my Beylaunchers haha. I bark, bite, breathe fire, eat them, etc.
i don't really have an excuse, they know i enjoy playing it and thats that lol

i pretty easy going with my stuff. the only thing i wouldn't let them use where my rubber tips
(Jan. 12, 2014  6:36 PM)Kai-V Wrote: OK, YTV reaching out to a Beyblade video maker for BeyRaiderz but never reaching out to the World Beyblade Organization for anything about Beyblade ? I am honestly really offended. Sure, we got to know Benjamin Israel and Mac and they are awesome, but I think it was from their own will, not anyone from the official Beyblade companies.

This doesn't really count as "YTV reaching out to the World Beyblade Organization", but in 2010 Ron from Anime North was in contact with YTV/Nelvana and Carlos was supposedly going to visit us (and the gaming section at AN) during BEYBLADE REVIVAL CUP ... but obviously, something fell through with that plan and it never happened.

(Jan. 12, 2014  7:44 PM)th!nk Wrote: Other times though, well, you know I'm still completely miffed as to why they didn't reach out to us for their part of the world championships, even if it were just to supply experienced judges or get advice or whatever - that's somewhere where we clearly have a lot of success and experience and have always been clear about being ready and more than willing to help out with that kind of thing, and I'm sure people here know how I feel about letting that kind of thing go to waste. Plus just in general, I feel we have a lot to offer in terms of the competitive and organisational side of things that they would only stand to gain from if they were to actually reach out to us or even respond to our attempts to reach out to them.

I'm still really sour about this. While at a Toys R Us tournament in Toronto leading up to the World Championships I learned that there were some Hasbro representatives present and I approached them directly (I even gave them a promo card). To my surprise, they had never even heard of the WBO, and while they essentially dodged my questions about why the championship was closed to the public unlike in 2004 (this decision still baffles me, especially given the philosophy that TAKARA-TOMY was espousing regarding "BEYBLADE Unites the World" in their championships leading up to the worlds), they were generally enthusiastic about the idea of the WBO being involved in some way; whether it be to help with judging, or simply to cover and promote the event to our community. Because it was closed to the public, I asked if it would be possible to give us a few tickets to distribute to WBO members (or at the very least, Committee Members/representatives who could be there to report on the event), but was eventually told a few weeks later that Nelvana had said they were at "maximum capacity" and that no tickets were available. I sincerely doubt that they were absolutely at "maximum capacity" given what you can see in the videos posted online, though. If they had really seen value in what we do, they would have found a way to involve us, even if it meant just letting one person cover the event for the largest Beyblade community in the world. Although I guess I shouldn't have been surprised given that they–some of the people most closely involved with planning the World Championships–had never even heard of us ...

That being said, the connection formed as a result of this did lead to all of the items that Hasbro has donated to us to date, so it hasn't been all bad!

(Jan. 14, 2014  6:15 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: So i bravely decided to bring my whole beyblade collection and BB-10 stadium to school today (my school is a super lax alternative school where you can choose to do what you want).

Did you tell them about the WBO and our tournaments in Toronto?!
That's great to hear! Smile Did you tell them about the tournaments we have here, in Toronto?
(Jan. 15, 2014  2:18 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2014  7:44 PM)th!nk Wrote: Other times though, well, you know I'm still completely miffed as to why they didn't reach out to us for their part of the world championships, even if it were just to supply experienced judges or get advice or whatever - that's somewhere where we clearly have a lot of success and experience and have always been clear about being ready and more than willing to help out with that kind of thing, and I'm sure people here know how I feel about letting that kind of thing go to waste. Plus just in general, I feel we have a lot to offer in terms of the competitive and organisational side of things that they would only stand to gain from if they were to actually reach out to us or even respond to our attempts to reach out to them.

I'm still really sour about this. While at a Toys R Us tournament in Toronto leading up to the World Championships I learned that there were some Hasbro representatives present and I approached them directly (I even gave them a promo card). To my surprise, they had never even heard of the WBO, and while they essentially dodged my questions about why the championship was closed to the public unlike in 2004 (this decision still baffles me, especially given the philosophy that TAKARA-TOMY was espousing regarding "BEYBLADE Unites the World" in their championships leading up to the worlds), they were generally enthusiastic about the idea of the WBO being involved in some way; whether it be to help with judging, or simply to cover and promote the event to our community. Because it was closed to the public, I asked if it would be possible to give us a few tickets to distribute to WBO members (or at the very least, Committee Members/representatives who could be there to report on the event), but was eventually told a few weeks later that Nelvana had said they were at "maximum capacity" and that no tickets were available. I sincerely doubt that they were absolutely at "maximum capacity" given what you can see in the videos posted online, though. If they had really seen value in what we do, they would have found a way to involve us, even if it meant just letting one person cover the event for the largest Beyblade community in the world. Although I guess I shouldn't have been surprised given that they–some of the people most closely involved with planning the World Championships–had never even heard of us ...

That being said, the connection formed as a result of this did lead to all of the items that Hasbro has donated to us to date, so it hasn't been all bad!

Yeah, I ponder the subject pretty regularly, and that instance in particular is extremely discouraging (not to mention what I've read from looking into other hasbro franchises with big fan communities - though they did actually back the Transformers BotCon for a couple years last decade, and to be fair their shows/products have spawned some pretty awful fan communities that would make me pretty wary of that kinda thing in their position, too).
Hoping maybe with our own NA Champs having happened between then and now we might get taken more seriously next time around, especially if we can get to them before they start properly planning their own stuff so it wouldn't be a last minute change but something they could incorporate into their plans from the start, but then I'm sure you guys have done that in the past anyway.
Might be worth looking into whether there are any laws or whatever that would interfere with them having volunteers help out with that kinda thing (certification or labor laws or w/e) on the off chance you haven't already, too.
I think I should my 2 cents in here.

Someone has probably said this, but they probably don't want to use the WBO for beyblade because they see it as a kids game. They would find it weird for adults showing up on TV and at events and playing. Also, we see it in a more technical way. Not so much for them.
They still have adults run their events, which is what we're talking about helping with. I think it's generally accepted that if we did so, we'd be playing by their rules, which means no adults, hasbro parts only (judging from their last set of championships we're better judges of this than they are) and their stadiums, even if they are pretty bad.
(Jan. 15, 2014  3:20 AM)MidnightLWBO Wrote:
That's great to hear! Smile Did you tell them about the tournaments we have here, in Toronto?
(Jan. 15, 2014  2:18 AM)Kei Wrote:

Did you tell them about the WBO and our tournaments in Toronto?!

woah deja vu Tongue_out

yes they know about the tournaments, as i already said they kinda laugh at me for going to them.
though maybe sometime they may want to come, right now they are happy just launching random combos into the stadium for fun
So anybody have bey(s) that they keep away from their normal ones? Comfort beys? I sure do Tongue_out