Beyblade Random Thoughts

I wish people would stop dissing Hasbro and give them some credit. Yes, TT released all 4D beyblades, yes they have some better versions of parts, and yes they've released more, but Hasbro uses much better materials than TT. They are less prone to breakage and the paint on metal wheels doesn't chip off as bad from what I've seen.

Some of you will think different, but this is just a random thought.
(Jan. 04, 2014  7:52 PM)Tri Wrote: I wish people would stop dissing Hasbro and give them some credit. Yes, TT released all 4D beyblades, yes they have some better versions of parts, and yes they've released more, but Hasbro uses much better materials than TT. They are less prone to breakage and the paint on metal wheels doesn't chip off as bad from what I've seen.

Up to Wave 5 the paint was pretty bad. The limited edition Bakushin chipped easily, and I'm assuming "Counter" and Cyber did the same. Oddly enough, they fixed this for Gravity Perseus onward, but not for Galaxy Pegasus, even though they released them at the same time.
Coach: I generally just use 3g as my approximate CW weight when working out the equivalent weight of stuff that doesn't have a regular CW, as most useful ones are around that weight. Thinking of doing something like that with a spreadsheet of all the parts I weighed so I have it there for reference.

(Jan. 04, 2014  7:52 PM)Tri Wrote: I wish people would stop dissing Hasbro and give them some credit. Yes, TT released all 4D beyblades, yes they have some better versions of parts, and yes they've released more, but Hasbro uses much better materials than TT. They are less prone to breakage and the paint on metal wheels doesn't chip off as bad from what I've seen.

They use exactly the same materials as TT, and any difference in breakage is only because they release stuff later than TT and therefore by that point any mold corrections are already made. Please don't make false statements like that.

I appreciate hasbro, but I have a big problem with the fact they haven't released any string launcher that can launch left spin beys.
I'm with you to a point. I definitely believe they learned their lesson. And also they seem to be a major pushing factor to keeping beyblades going even though their sales have dropped off big time I could be completely wrong in that but.... Like them or not they've produced Beywheelz and Beywarriors which gets more awareness of the Beyblade market as a whole. They've also made it so parts are easier to get with releasing every bey in a "starter set" no random boosters, although those are fun for a lot of people. I understand why with how entitled people have become they'd try to return them if they didn't get the one they want. I'm confused how they get away with it in Asia but it's cool.
Random Booster kinda things have a long history in Asia, as far as I know.
(Jan. 04, 2014  7:59 PM)th!nk Wrote: I appreciate hasbro, but I have a big problem with the fact they haven't released any string launcher that can launch left spin beys.

... Or any Beylauncher for that matter in what, three years ?
(Jan. 04, 2014  7:59 PM)th!nk Wrote: Coach: I generally just use 3g as my approximate CW weight when working out the equivalent weight of stuff that doesn't have a regular CW, as most useful ones are around that weight. Thinking of doing something like that with a spreadsheet of all the parts I weighed so I have it there for reference.
I've been th!nking about doing a few of those too.
Making my one CC lists on one too with a spread sheet it would make it easier to keep parts separate and find where parts work well if they do or not
I didn't actually mean different materials, but I've heard many times that the quality of the materials by Hasbro is better.
(Jan. 04, 2014  8:27 PM)Tri Wrote: I didn't actually mean different materials, but I've heard many times that the quality of the materials by Hasbro is better.

I've heard that duck's quacks don't echo many times too, doesn't make it true though.

Seriously now, I haven't heard that in a few years and back then it was based on a) the rumor hanging over for plastics (which I'll say right now is false based on plenty of personal experience, barring maybe their gold plastic as for other lines they stopped using the fragile stuff before Takara did apparently - other than that their plastic and metal are exactly the same and break and wear no more or less than each other) and b) another incorrect notion that hasbro parts were heavier, which a relatively new to the forum at the time Arupaeo pointed out was based entirely on the weights of a single person who only had hasbro stuff who had presumably not calibrated their scale correctly.

'swrong, please don't repeat it.
Yes th!nk it's true. Duck's quack's don't echo that much. Also Tri, I hope this wasn't towards my post in "Ask a Question Get a Answer#2" where I said Hasbro ruin there stuff.

I do not like Hasbro for alot of things. I go with th!nk on this.
Okay off that subject, does anyone else have trouble keeping tips on their BD145 from the Hasbro Hades Kerbecs starter? Myself and Thunder Dome both have.
I've never had trouble with mine. All my tips fit. Maybe you bent yours to much? I don't know, haha.
(Jan. 04, 2014  8:40 PM)Tri Wrote: Okay off that subject, does anyone else have trouble keeping tips on their BD145 from the Hasbro Hades Kerbecs starter? Myself and Thunder Dome both have.
i always have .... but somehow i fix it
BTW i just added a few combos that ill be using during the limited format, i know most of them dont fare well, but i customized them after a bit of testing (on how i can handle them) with the best parts i have MF-F Libra GB145RSF, MF Earth Bull AD145WD, MF Earth Aquario 230 CS, MF-H Gravity Destroyer D125 RF

i always get combo's ready way before an tourney and keep them in my collection set ..
EDIT : MF-H Meteo Ldrago 100WD
(Jan. 04, 2014  7:57 PM)Wombat Wrote:

Up to Wave 5 the paint was pretty bad. The limited edition Bakushin chipped easily, and I'm assuming "Counter" and Cyber did the same. Oddly enough, they fixed this for Gravity Perseus onward, but not for Galaxy Pegasus, even though they released them at the same time.

Actually I had a painted Counter as my first wheel, and it doesn't flake at all, it slowly wears instead. The paint was probably different from what they use now or something, then again, it's the video game edition. I wish I had a picture to compare it to my painted Storm.
Very much disagree with Wombat... Gravity's paint is horrid. Black Bakushin and Vulcan are amazing we battle hard with them especially bakushin now with limited and you have to look closely to see the wear. From a distance its perfect. But I have to say those are the only 2 that come to mind that are like that.
So I've pulled a trygle as one of my mystery bit chips, have any of y'all ever pulled something rare?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have a Plastic Random Thoughts thread?
(Jan. 07, 2014  11:39 PM)" L Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have a Plastic Random Thoughts thread?

Oh, I'm sorry. I'll go post there Smile
(Jan. 07, 2014  3:12 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: Actually I had a painted Counter as my first wheel, and it doesn't flake at all, it slowly wears instead. The paint was probably different from what they use now or something, then again, it's the video game edition. I wish I had a picture to compare it to my painted Storm.
Huh. My Bakushin was the video game edition and it chipped pretty easily. Then again, I only got the video game Bakushin, never Cyber or Counter.
(Jan. 07, 2014  1:10 PM)Coach Wrote: Very much disagree with Wombat... Gravity's paint is horrid. Black Bakushin and Vulcan are amazing we battle hard with them especially bakushin now with limited and you have to look closely to see the wear. From a distance its perfect. But I have to say those are the only 2 that come to mind that are like that.

Which Gravity? Mine is the normal black one from the AD145WD version, and the paint has worn down a bit, but nowhere near as badly as my blue Galaxy or white Bakushin. Maybe it just varies from bey to bey.
Personally, my Gravity is REALLY beat up. Worse than my son's red Galaxy wheel (which is pretty bad)

The only painted Bey I have that isn't totally trashed is the Variares Hyperblade.
(Jan. 08, 2014  3:19 PM)Naijalak Wrote: Personally, my Gravity is REALLY beat up. Worse than my son's red Galaxy wheel (which is pretty bad)

The only painted Bey I have that isn't totally trashed is the Variares Hyperblade.
You should see my Hasbro Cosmic. Pinching_eyes_2
I don't currently have a gravity wheel. But sometime soon I am gonna order a Takara Tomy Gravity Perseus as it changes modes and it, in my opinion, is mich better than the Hasbro Gravity Destroyer as it doesn't change modes. BUT...now for my question; out of Takara Tomy Gravity Perseus Gravity Wheel and the Hasbro Gravity Destroyer Gravity wheel, which one chips/wears the most out of the 2? I am asking purely out of curiosity as I will still be purchasing a Gravity Perseus over a Destroyer.
(Jan. 09, 2014  9:16 AM)BladerDanger Wrote: I don't currently have a gravity wheel. But sometime soon I am gonna order a Takara Tomy Gravity Perseus as it changes modes and it, in my opinion, is mich better than the Hasbro Gravity Destroyer as it doesn't change modes. BUT...now for my question; out of Takara Tomy Gravity Perseus Gravity Wheel and the Hasbro Gravity Destroyer Gravity wheel, which one chips/wears the most out of the 2? I am asking purely out of curiosity as I will still be purchasing a Gravity Perseus over a Destroyer.

The hasbro gravity destroyer changes modes too.
What should I get?? Gravity Perseus or Variares?? (Both would be Takara Tomy).
(Jan. 09, 2014  12:04 PM)BladerDanger Wrote: What should I get?? Gravity Perseus or Variares?? (Both would be Takara Tomy).

I know you're new to the site and all but I suggest you read the rules and have a look around before aimlessly posting.

We have a thread specifically for asking about purchases called the "Purchase Consultation" thread inside Bey Marketplace so you should use that.