Beyblade Anime and Manga Questions

Actually, Ultramarine is correct ... They do not actually exist, they are only meant to be metaphorical representations of the battles at hand. Sometimes yes, the artists take the metaphores slightly too far, destroying things in the arena and everything, but originally they are not actually there.
I see... I was never really sure myself; I just assumed that they were because of the way the characters talked about them lol. Thanks for clarifying!
When a Special Move is literally just the spirit attacking the opponent's Bey directly (Black Excalibur/Barnard's Loop) it's hard to accept that they're simply metaphorical representations.
(Jun. 25, 2013  2:35 PM)Indigo Wrote: When a Special Move is literally just the spirit attacking the opponent's Bey directly (Black Excalibur/Barnard's Loop) it's hard to accept that they're simply metaphorical representations.

Are you serious ? That is clearly a more interesting way to tell the audience that one Beyblade hit the other ... The parallel is obvious.
Well, the characters actually interact with them. It doesn't seem to be all characters who can see them, but only those with a great amount of blader spirit.

But they are clearly not just visual representations for the viewer.
Good examples are the Reiji fights and Damian fights. In Damian fights especially the holy beasts, despite never having been named that in MFB, are the only ones fighting and it is clearly what the competing characters see and react to.

Additionally, Ginga was able to actually fly on Pegasus for the season one finale, I doubt he's been sitting on his spinning top there.

It's just that there is never a term introduced for them, they seem just generally accepted by the characters who are able to see them.
(Jun. 25, 2013  3:02 PM)AppleBlossoms Wrote: Well, the characters actually interact with them. It doesn't seem to be all characters who can see them, but only those with a great amount of blader spirit.

But they are clearly not just visual representations for the viewer. Ginga was able to actually fly on Pegasus for the season one finale, I doubt he's been sitting on his spinning top there.

That is basically one of the only times where the artists took it way too far, but every other time they are just metaphores ...
Uhm, what exactly guides you to think that they would have this level of artistic inconsistency?

I mean, the spirits are the representations of the beys and can't really act without them (outside of sparkle sparkle finale situations) so in that sense it is Beyblades fighting... But I doubt that something that has actually been introduced as real once suddenly turns 'unreal'. They get mentioned fairly often after all.
(Jun. 25, 2013  3:08 PM)AppleBlossoms Wrote: Uhm, what exactly guides you to think that they would have this level of artistic inconsistency?

I mean, the spirits are the representations of the beys and can't really act without them (outside of sparkle sparkle finale situations) so in that sense it is Beyblades fighting... But I doubt that something that has actually been introduced as real once suddenly turns 'unreal'. They get mentioned fairly often after all.

I spoke directly with Adachi Takafumi ... He is the basis for everything in the anime and of course the manga.
Can you maybe post the direct quote?

Seeing this is rather crucial information to interpreting the series, I'd be interested in reading his explanation directly. Official info is a rare thing in Beyblade fandom, seeing the lack of guidebooks and such, so these are the kinds of things to jump at.
This is exactly what he sent me :
Adachi Takafumi Wrote:今回、聖獣は登場しません
が、イメージとしての獣は描いています。
漫画は予定調和ではなく
変化していくものなので
もしかしたらこの獣が聖獣に近づいていくかもしれません。
(本質的には異なります)
This time, Holy Beasts doesn't appear.
Animal of abstraction expression.
But,the story is changed in every case.
It might possibly be going to look like Holy Beasts in the future.
(it is essentially a different thing.)

So he was saying that they might look more like Holy Beasts in the future, with a design that goes beyond just depicting a bull or a crab, but that they are just images/metaphores.
He's not talking about the anime there though. Also he just says that the holy beasts do not show up (but that he still draws images of the beys' constellation) and that they might become closer to the holy beasts.
... I think this sounds more like he said that the constellations we have in MFB are different from 'holy beasts' and that they might become closer to them in the progress. That doesn't really have anything to do with them showing up in the series itself. It just says they don't work the same which definitely is the case. They aren't monsters that just pop up out of the spintop and fight but represent its' actions. But there have been times where people could see them.
As for the anime. In episode 94 of MFB Baku, Damian hasn't even used his bey yet and there was Kerbecs shown (and it looked a lot like Ginga could see him too. Or at least 'feel' the aura.). Something similar happens several times with Ryuuga, too.
Sometimes not everyone (or no one in the show) can see them. That is correct.

And the anime is different from the manga. Adachi doesn't have as much influence on it.
Adachi Takafumi's work heavily inspired the anime, so he does have a lot of influence on it. Plus, what he drew in the manga is heavily advised by his boss, who is the contractor and probably thoroughly linked to D-Rights, so the boss' will also transpires into the manga and equally in the anime.
(Jun. 25, 2013  8:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Adachi Takafumi's work heavily inspired the anime, so he does have a lot of influence on it. Plus, what he drew in the manga is heavily advised by his boss, who is the contractor and probably thoroughly linked to D-Rights, so the boss' will also transpires into the manga and equally in the anime.

I have read the manga. The characters are different and so is the story (only the basic story is still the same.). The beasts (and their appearance too) are completely different. It's mainly the beasts fighting in the anime while in the manga they only show up during special moves most of the time. They do not interact with the characters as much as they do in the anime.
after ryuga gave his star fragment to kenta was he still alive? like did he telaport or something cause in zero-g sakyo said he got his bey from a legendary blader and ryuga's shadow appeard behind him
(Jul. 24, 2013  1:32 PM)Lazer Wrote: after ryuga gave his star fragment to kenta was he still alive? like did he telaport or something cause in zero-g sakyo said he got his bey from a legendary blader and ryuga's shadow appeard behind him

No, Sakyo did not say that ... But it is unknown whether Ryuuga really died : he disappeared, for sure.
I'm going to repeat my question again, I know i should be "patient" but it's been so long so I'm asking again ... Who is the voice actor of Selen Gracy in the ENGLISH version?
who owns Magical Ape MS in the anime and what episode do they first appear?

Same with Death Gargoyle MS.
Ugh I hate it when I have to repeat myself again, who is Selen Garcias English VA? I waited over a fortnight which is long enough so if people tell me to be patient... over a fortnight???

EDIT: Oh wait when I first asked that question it was like a month ago! How does anyone expect me to wait like this?
Ever considered that no one knows the answer? lol
I was trying to find that out too, but it's not on any of the Beyblade sites with character information.
(Aug. 13, 2013  12:50 AM)nupmuk Wrote: who owns Magical Ape MS in the anime and what episode do they first appear?

Nobody owns them, but if I had to guess Magical Ape would belong to Dunga from the Saint Shields. Not sure who would own Death Gargoyle MS.
I'm so sorry that I got angry then, but seriously I couldn't find the answer either.
(Aug. 13, 2013  1:37 AM)Kyler_the best Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2013  12:50 AM)nupmuk Wrote: who owns Magical Ape MS in the anime and what episode do they first appear?

Nobody owns them, but if I had to guess Magical Ape would belong to Dunga from the Saint Shields. Not sure who would own Death Gargoyle MS.

The correct answer is not to guess : those Beyblades never appeared in the anime, period.
If its not too much trouble can someone find a SHOGUN STEEL English ending and find the cast of each characters please? I've always wanted to know their English VA's
Has anybody taken the What _________ character are you tests? I took the metal fusion test and I got... Kyoya. Post your results??