Nate725 (2nd Place)
Zwei Diabolos 2 Sting Destroy Dash
Cho-Z Spriggan Vanguard Bearing’
Lord Spriggan 00 Cross Never

Zach216 (3rd Place)
Zwei Longinus Blitz Jolt’ Goku
Master Diabolos 2 00 Cross Zone’+Z
Lord Spriggan Around Drift

I love seeing combos on here like Imperial Achilles on Destroy’ and Lord Spriggan on Never, but then I see Zwei Diabolos on Drift and just become concerned how drift is going to negatively affect this meta. Attack back in GT times was prevalent, and I’m glad to see here it showed itself off some. How well did the attack combos here do against the drift combos?

Honestly, the Zwei/Drift combo was probably his worst combo. It got burst a couple times throughout the day. Imperial/Lord did most of the heavy lifting for him. Drift on Master/Lord was effective but still beatable with Zwei & Judgement by both burst & KO. From what I saw personally, Drift is not a big deal at all in BGT. Zone’ & Bearing’ were much tougher to deal with.
(Dec. 23, 2021  2:31 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2021  2:08 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I love seeing combos on here like Imperial Achilles on Destroy’ and Lord Spriggan on Never, but then I see Zwei Diabolos on Drift and just become concerned how drift is going to negatively affect this meta. Attack back in GT times was prevalent, and I’m glad to see here it showed itself off some. How well did the attack combos here do against the drift combos?

Honestly, the Zwei/Drift combo was probably his worst combo. It got burst a couple times throughout the day. Imperial/Lord did most of the heavy lifting for him. Drift on Master/Lord was effective but still beatable with Zwei & Judgement by both burst & KO. From what I saw personally, Drift is not a big deal at all in BGT. Zone’ & Bearing’ were much tougher to deal with.
Maybe for this format, we should ban Lord, Judgement and Zwei, as they basically ruled over GT from what I could tell and they're giving Brawl Meta Knight vibes.
(Dec. 24, 2021  12:29 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Maybe for this format, we should ban Lord, Judgement and Zwei, as they basically ruled over GT from what I could tell and they're giving Brawl Meta Knight vibes.

I wouldn’t say so. The reason why GT format is even a discussion is because because it would bring back the attack layers of Zwei and Judgment. Dominance doesn’t mean ban worthy, it just means they’re top tier for their respective format. Additionally, there is plenty more viable layers in GT format other than those 3. Master, Tact, Imperial, aB3, tS4, pP, aH, Naked and even Heaven now with the introduction of drivers like Drift. Meta Knight in Brawl would imply that their is such a significant difference in power scale to everything else that there would be no point in using anything else other than those 3 layers
(Dec. 24, 2021  12:29 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2021  2:31 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Honestly, the Zwei/Drift combo was probably his worst combo. It got burst a couple times throughout the day. Imperial/Lord did most of the heavy lifting for him. Drift on Master/Lord was effective but still beatable with Zwei & Judgement by both burst & KO. From what I saw personally, Drift is not a big deal at all in BGT. Zone’ & Bearing’ were much tougher to deal with.
Maybe for this format, we should ban Lord, Judgement and Zwei, as they basically ruled over GT from what I could tell and they're giving Brawl Meta Knight vibes.

Nah, that moves the format closer to what Limited already is plus it removes a ton of accessibility. Great thing about BGT is Pro Series being readily accessible in stores now & competitive. 

Anyways, BGT NEEDS Zwei & Judgement. Helps even odds vs stuff like Master, Lord, Perfect Phoenix, & Tact. Without them, it’s basically a stamina only format.
(Dec. 23, 2021  2:31 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Honestly, the Zwei/Drift combo was probably his worst combo. It got burst a couple times throughout the day. Imperial/Lord did most of the heavy lifting for him. Drift on Master/Lord was effective but still beatable with Zwei & Judgement by both burst & KO. From what I saw personally, Drift is not a big deal at all in BGT. Zone’ & Bearing’ were much tougher to deal with.

We need layers like Judgement and Zwei because their offense power are strong that it strengthens attack types for competitive.
Santa Says "Merry Classic-Mas"
La Mirada, California 12/25/2021
Burst Classic Format

1st Virtuous Circle
Jail Jormungand Heavy Defense
Jormuntor J6 Heavy Defense
Silver-X Jormuntor J4 Heavy Defense
Odin Heavy Revolve
Dark Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Dark Deathscyther Heavy Orbit
Balar B4 Knuckle Xtreme (Deck format only)
Jormuntor J6 Gravity Defense (Deck format only)

2nd t-rex blader
Jail Jormungand Heavy Defense
Valtryek V2 Heavy Destroy
Dark Deathscyther Yell Orbit
Odin Knuckle Revolve (Deck format only)

3rd J Bozz
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Ultimate Reboot'
Dark Deathscyther Yell Orbit
Acid Anubis Heavy Revolve

The Legacy of Hypersphere
La Mirada, California 12/25/2021
Burst Standard "Hasbro Hypersphere Format"

1st kaPPERkAI
Balkesh B3 0 Cross Rise-H (Deck format only)
Luinor L3 Bump Charge-H (Deck format only)
Spryzen Requiem S3 Wheel Coil-H (Right, Left)
Turbo Spryzen S4 Wheel Coil-H (Right, Left)

2nd PhoenixHaven
Balkesh B3 Wheel Rise-H
Garuda G3 Ratchet Keep-H
Morrigna M5 Blitz Banshee-H

3rd J Bozz
Balkesh B3 Wheel Rise-H
Turbo Spryzen S4 Wheel Coil-H (Deck format only) (Right)
Balkesh B3 0 Cross Rise-H (Deck format only)
Wait I though Deathscythers are banned??? Weren’t they too OP?

Also, can someone tell me how good Balar and Morrignna are?
Also also, how did teh winner win with bad J2???
(Dec. 26, 2021  4:48 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Wait I though Deathscythers are banned??? Weren’t they too OP?

Also, can someone tell me how good Balar and Morrignna are?
Also also, how did teh winner win with bad J2???

Deathscyther layers aren't that much of a threat in Classic format because of the existence of dash drivers like Xtreme', Quick', Ultimate Reboot', Unite' and Keep'. This gives attack and defense types a chance to be a viable option for competitive in Classic.

Ban the two attack layers that make GT a fun and balanced format and just keep all the stamina except lord??? What a doozy of a suggestion. Meanwhile banning lord when Master and Tact are actually better on Drift than Lord is - but hey, let's keep making suggestions for bans without testing stuff or having a clue how the format is balanced. Dr and Br are kept in check by attack, which is kept in check by, well - look at this, we're in a thread that shows that despite guilty X', which is a near-judgment level monster of an attack setup capable of straight bodying everything in the format in competent hands, it sees limited use in a lot of places. You want to take the format where people might actually break that pattern and leave only the stamina layers, without even understanding what is good in the format? A little thought before hitting "Post Reply" please.

This forum baffles me. People complain about stamina but so many people seem intent on sending attack to hell, to the point things that do that end up in our rules because people are so short sighted they don't think through the flow-on effects of bans and restrictions - the place this is of utmost importance. God, trying to get this to fly back in the day...

SupaDav03: very excited to see people keep trying zwei drift for 1 tournament before realising it's horrible lol. I don't think br' is much of a threat with attack around, zone'+z is more solid but drift and br' beat it for lad and it still won't hold up to attack without a dedicated defensive setup, which sacrifices a lot. I've honestly found br' easier to handle than dr though, so that's an interesting observation.
(Jan. 03, 2022  3:18 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Dec. 24, 2021  12:29 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Maybe for this format, we should ban Lord, Judgement and Zwei, as they basically ruled over GT from what I could tell and they're giving Brawl Meta Knight vibes.

Ban the two attack layers that make GT a fun and balanced format and just keep all the stamina except lord??? What a doozy of a suggestion. Meanwhile banning lord when Master and Tact are actually better on Drift than Lord is - but hey, let's keep making suggestions for bans without testing stuff or having a clue how the format is balanced. Dr and Br are kept in check by attack, which is kept in check by, well - look at this, we're in a thread that shows that despite guilty X', which is a near-judgment level monster of an attack setup capable of straight bodying everything in the format in competent hands, it sees limited use in a lot of places. You want to take the format where people might actually break that pattern and leave only the stamina layers, without even understanding what is good in the format? A little thought before hitting "Post Reply" please.

This forum baffles me. People complain about stamina but so many people seem intent on sending attack to hell, to the point things that do that end up in our rules because people are so short sighted they don't think through the flow-on effects of bans and restrictions - the place this is of utmost importance. God, trying to get this to fly back in the day...

SupaDav03: very excited to see people keep trying zwei drift for 1 tournament before realising it's horrible lol. I don't think br' is much of a threat with attack around, zone'+z is more solid but drift and br' beat it for lad and it still won't hold up to attack without a dedicated defensive setup, which sacrifices a lot. I've honestly found br' easier to handle than dr though, so that's an interesting observation.

Ok, its just I thought they are so common they are OP...
(Jan. 03, 2022  7:12 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2022  3:18 AM)th!nk Wrote: Ban the two attack layers that make GT a fun and balanced format and just keep all the stamina except lord??? What a doozy of a suggestion. Meanwhile banning lord when Master and Tact are actually better on Drift than Lord is - but hey, let's keep making suggestions for bans without testing stuff or having a clue how the format is balanced. Dr and Br are kept in check by attack, which is kept in check by, well - look at this, we're in a thread that shows that despite guilty X', which is a near-judgment level monster of an attack setup capable of straight bodying everything in the format in competent hands, it sees limited use in a lot of places. You want to take the format where people might actually break that pattern and leave only the stamina layers, without even understanding what is good in the format? A little thought before hitting "Post Reply" please.

Just because something is commonly used doesn't mean it's unbeatable, nor does it mean it's the best. For example, Lord was commonly used after its release up until Tempest took its place, so it saw about a year of use. However, Perfect Phoenix, Tact, Master, Naked, and even Air Knight were all viable stamina options that, in some cases, outperformed it. On top of this, attackers like Zwei, Judgement, and even Cho-Z Achilles were effective against it, with skilled attack users being able to win nearly 100% of the time.

Yes, stamina is easy to use, but that certainly doesn't mean it's easy to win with. This was especially true in GT era, and if you don't believe me, the evidence is in this very thread. Check out the winning combinations from tournaments that happened between the beginning of 2019 and mid 2020. Judgement and Zwei are very much there.
(Jan. 03, 2022  7:12 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2022  3:18 AM)th!nk Wrote: Ban the two attack layers that make GT a fun and balanced format and just keep all the stamina except lord??? What a doozy of a suggestion. Meanwhile banning lord when Master and Tact are actually better on Drift than Lord is - but hey, let's keep making suggestions for bans without testing stuff or having a clue how the format is balanced. Dr and Br are kept in check by attack, which is kept in check by, well - look at this, we're in a thread that shows that despite guilty X', which is a near-judgment level monster of an attack setup capable of straight bodying everything in the format in competent hands, it sees limited use in a lot of places. You want to take the format where people might actually break that pattern and leave only the stamina layers, without even understanding what is good in the format? A little thought before hitting "Post Reply" please.

It's fine, sorry if I was harsh on you there, I'm just a little tense about this stuff because last time I was blasé about a restriction post that I thought was bad it ended up happening. Anyway, it's important to remember that just because something is even very popular, it doesn't necessarily mean it is broken - there will always be particularly good parts, but one must consider the format as a whole and the impact they have and whether it really is oppressive or not - oppressive is the key word, because to actually be broken, a part must make a large number of other parts unviable (not just outclassed for the same use as that part, but actually unusable because it exists). One must fully examine the impact of removing them - what other parts does it affect, and what will the format look like without it? In this case, the format actually becomes worse and actually less varied because of it (for example, removing the big attackers from GT means now there's no reason to run Dedicated Defense, and Knockout-based counter combos fall out of the format entirely too, aaand the LAD drivers are now unchecked - we've made the format much less diverse by removing things that are popular). 

It's not an simple matter, and nor is it one to be taken lightly (we are telling people they can't use a part they bought - that is not low impact) which is why I dislike people treating it so casually, ya know?
Shin LA Plastics 1-8-22
South Pasadena, Calfornia 
USA

Mitchjett  1st
-Dragon Saucer.Screw Zeus SAR.Ten Wide.Left Spin Gear.Survivor Ring.Customized Grip Base 
-Tiger Defenser.Ten Balance.Right EG Circle Denfenser.Circle Survivor.Normal Base
-Square Edge.Wide Defense.Neo Right Heavy Metal Core.Defense Grip Base (inverted tip)
-Twin Horn (Hasbro).Dragon Saucer SAR.Wide Defense.Neo Left SG Neo Left SG Shaft (double bearing version).Defense Ring.Customize Bearing Base

UltimateMaster 2nd 
-Upper Claw.Ten Wide.Upper Attack.Customize Metal Change Base 

Shindog 3rd
-Square Edge.Wide Defense.Neo Right Heavy Metal Core.Defense Grip Base (inverted tip)
-Mirage Goddess.Ten Heavy.Neo Right Heavy Metal Core.SG Metal Flat Base
Shin LA HMS 1-8-22
South Pasadena, California 
USA

UltimateMaster 1st
-Wolf Crusher.CWD God Ring.Bearing Core

Mitchjett 2nd
-Samurai Upper.CWD God Ring.Bearing Core 2
-Advanced Survivor.CWD Reverse Defenser.Bearing Core

Shindog 3rd 
-Samurai Upper.CWD Defense Ring.Grip Flat Core Ultimate Verison
-Jiraiya Blade.CWD Defense Ring.Grip Flat Core
(Jan. 09, 2022  8:05 PM)Shindog Wrote: Shin LA Plastics 1-8-22
South Pasadena, Calfornia 
USA

Mitchjett  1st
-Dragon Saucer.Screw Zeus SAR.Ten Wide.Left Spin Gear.Survivor Ring.Customized Grip Base 
-Tiger Defenser.Ten Balance.Right EG Circle Denfenser.Circle Survivor.Normal Base
-Twin Horn (Hasbro).Dragon Saucer SAR.Wide Defense.Neo Left SG Neo Left SG Shaft (double bearing version).Defense Ring.Customize Bearing Base

UltimateMaster 2nd 
-Upper Claw.Ten Wide.Upper Attack.Customize Metal Change Base 

Shindog 3rd
-Mirage Goddess.Ten Heavy.Neo Right Heavy Metal Core.SG Metal Flat Base

Driger V2 stock still taking scalps. Nice to see the variety of combo types in use, even for a small tournament. Thanks for running this, always warms my heart to see people playing plastics.

(Jan. 09, 2022  9:32 PM)Shindog Wrote: Shin LA HMS 1-8-22
South Pasadena, California 
USA

UltimateMaster 1st
-Wolf Crusher.CWD God Ring.Bearing Core

Mitchjett 2nd
-Advanced Survivor.CWD Reverse Defenser.Bearing Core

Shindog 3rd 
-Samurai Upper.CWD Defense Ring.Grip Flat Core Ultimate Verison
-Jiraiya Blade.CWD Defense Ring.Grip Flat Core

The sheer number of god rings here boggles the mind 😂
I am a little disappointed in the turnout of course this time around, hosting these vintage formats.  But that is not enough to deter me from hosting these format in the future.  I will continue to run these two formats due to their greatness.  Obviously the beyblades themselves being older than the avg age of the participants is an obstacle.  There is also some accessibility issues for sure.  These formats are too good to let die.  I encourage every competitive blader  to try PLA/HMS.   You don’t need to have the most competitive parts or lots of parts to enjoy these formats. They are also a lot of fun to play in stadiums other than just the ideal, but fragile and scarce Tornado Attack stadium.  If you like beyblade, you are most likely going to like PLA and HMS.
Zn’+Z? It’s Not There Anymore
La Mirada, California 1/9/2022
Burst Limited Format (3vs3 ruleset for the first stage)

1st Virtuous Circle
Flame Sagittario Wheel Wave'
MGC Twin Nemesis 00 Expand Destory'
LC Buster Xcalibur 0 Dagger Xtreme'
LC Geist Fafnir 00 Expand Destory'
Bloody Longinus Generate
MGC Arc Bahamut 0 Wall Bearing (Deck format only)
Twin Nemesis 00 Expand Destory' (Deck format only)
Galaxy Zeus 0 Cross Drift (Deck format only)

2nd The First Cause
Geist Fafnir 00 Expand Destory'
Bloody Longinus Generate

3rd kAPPERkAI
Rock Valkyrie wheel bearing' gen
Geist Fafnir 0cross Destroy'
Geist Fafnir 0cross Rise
Geist Fafnir 0cross High xtend+'
Z Achilles 00expand High xtend+'
Drain Fafnir Outer High xtend+'
Galaxy Zeus Outer High Xtend+'
Right Artemis 0cross bearing'
Geist Fafnir 0cross drift    (Deck format only)
(Jan. 10, 2022  5:17 AM)Virtuous Circle Wrote: Zn’+Z? It’s Not There Anymore
La Mirada, California 1/9/2022
Burst Limited Format (3vs3 ruleset for the first stage)

1st Virtuous Circle
MGC Twin Nemesis 00 Expand Destory'
LC Buster Xcalibur 0 Dagger Xtreme'
LC Geist Fafnir 00 Expand Destory'
Bloody Longinus Generate
MGC Arc Bahamut 0 Wall Bearing (Deck format only)
Twin Nemesis 00 Expand Destory' (Deck format only)
Galaxy Zeus 0 Cross Drift (Deck format only)

2nd The First Cause
Geist Fafnir 00 Expand Destory'
Bloody Longinus Generate

3rd kAPPERkAI
Rock Valkyrie wheel bearing' gen
Geist Fafnir 0cross Destroy'
Geist Fafnir 0cross Rise
Geist Fafnir 0cross High xtend+'
Z Achilles 00expand High xtend+'
Drain Fafnir Outer High xtend+'
Galaxy Zeus Outer High Xtend+'
Right Artemis 0cross bearing'
Geist Fafnir 0cross drift    (Deck format only)

3 unexpected layers (Rock, Right Artermis, Flame Saggitario). I thought Rock too much recoil, the "split in half" layers garbo, and MFB remakes are rarely seen.
(Jan. 10, 2022  2:29 AM)Shindog Wrote: I am a little disappointed in the turnout of course this time around, hosting these vintage formats.  But that is not enough to deter me from hosting these format in the future.  I will continue to run these two formats due to their greatness.  Obviously the beyblades themselves being older than the avg age of the participants is an obstacle.  There is also some accessibility issues for sure.  These formats are too good to let die.  I encourage every competitive blader  to try PLA/HMS.   You don’t need to have the most competitive parts or lots of parts to enjoy these formats. They are also a lot of fun to play in stadiums other than just the ideal, but fragile and scarce Tornado Attack stadium.  If you like beyblade, you are most likely going to like PLA and HMS.
Yeah I agree, HMS in particular is a real "players format" pretty much peak gameplay, while plastics is peak customization with a very broad meta. Lots of parts can work really well in either format. Just wish we had a more resilient TA.

(Jan. 10, 2022  7:28 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: 3 unexpected layers (Rock, Right Artermis, Flame Saggitario). I thought Rock too much recoil, the "split in half" layers garbo, and MFB remakes are rarely seen.
Flame is very round and despite the imbalance it's pretty dang good, no huge surprise. Rock has seen a bit of use previously too.
NC The Start 2022
Waxhaw, NC- 15 Jan 2022

Burst Standard Format

Winning Combos:

1st BeybladeBlast11
Devil(F-Gear) Tapered Mobius-9
Vanish Longinus Over High Xtend+'-0
Astral Bahamut Giga Metal Drift-2
Astral Bahamut Giga Metal Drift-10

2nd BuilderROB
Guilty Longinus Giga Metal Drift-2
Dynamite(F-Gear) Perseus Over High Xtend+'-0
Vanish Bahamut Nexus(S-Gear) Rise-9

3rd TheAtomicFungus
Prominence Phoenix Giga Drift-10
Vanish Fafnir Over High Xtend+'-3  
Vanish Fafnir Over Metal Survive-3  
Greatest Raphael Blitz Metal Survive

Congrats to all winners, great job TheAtomicFungus and thanks everyone for coming out. High Xtend+' was by far the best driver of the day consistently beating Drift in opposite spin. It was used mostly on Vanish Over with a few Dynamite Over versions being used. Also a lot of Pro Series beys were used at the event.
(Jan. 17, 2022  7:15 PM)froztz Wrote: NC The Start 2022
Waxhaw, NC- 15 Jan 2022

Burst Standard Format

Winning Combos:

1st BeybladeBlast11
Devil(F-Gear) Tapered Mobius-9
Vanish Longinus Over High Xtend+'-0
Astral Bahamut Giga Metal Drift-2
Astral Bahamut Giga Metal Drift-10

2nd BuilderROB
Guilty Longinus Giga Metal Drift-2
Vanish Bahamut Nexus(S-Gear) Rise-9

3rd TheAtomicFungus
Prominence Phoenix Giga Drift-10
Vanish Fafnir Over High Xtend+'-3  
Vanish Fafnir Over Metal Survive-3  
Greatest Raphael Blitz Metal Survive

Congrats to all winners, great job TheAtomicFungus and thanks everyone for coming out. High Xtend+' was by far the best driver of the day consistently beating Drift in opposite spin. It was used mostly on Vanish Over with a few Dynamite Over versions being used. Also a lot of Pro Series beys were used at the event.

Was Bahamuts S Gear fixed or free spin? Also Rip V and L Gears, too niche to even work. Shoutouts to Rashad for doing what Aiger didn’t.
Vero Beach Blading #3
Co-Hosted by JCE_13 and -Fireblaze-
Vero Beach Florida - January 22, 2022

1st JCE_13

Vanish Longinus Giga Bearing' -3
Vanish Fafnir Giga Bearing' - 0
Guilty Longinus Nexus + S Metal Xtreme - 2
Devil +F Perseus Over Never - 3

2nd King_Hyperion

Guilty Fafnir Karma Metal Xtreme - 2
Dynamite +F Belial Giga Never - 3
Roar Longinus Over Bearing -7
Dynamite +F Ragnaruk Tapered Bearing -2

3rd -Fireblaze-

Guilty Longinus Over Zone'+Z -2
Rage Longinus 3A Destroy'
Prominence Perseus Giga Bearing' -10
(Jan. 22, 2022  9:23 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: Vero Beach Blading #3

1st JCE_13

Great job for first place! It takes serious guts to use metal xtreme on anything and the fact that you were able to use nexus+s on a KO attack type despite the KO risk, wow. Just wow. What makes you prefer giga on bearing and over on never though? I would think they’d benefit from swapping discs since never is low and might scrape on over and bearing would benefit more in opposite spin with overs downward shape while not losing same spin.
(Jan. 22, 2022  9:33 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2022  9:23 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: Vero Beach Blading #3

1st JCE_13

Great job for first place! What makes you prefer giga on bearing and over on never though? I would think they’d benefit from swapping discs since never is low and might scrape on over and bearing would benefit more in opposite spin with overs downward shape while not losing same spin.

Well for one, I beat an Over-Bearing' in a mirror match, and for another, Giga provides better stamina to Bearing than over does. Since I no longer use drift, I prefer LAD on my never.
(Jan. 22, 2022  9:36 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2022  9:33 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Great job for first place! What makes you prefer giga on bearing and over on never though? I would think they’d benefit from swapping discs since never is low and might scrape on over and bearing would benefit more in opposite spin with overs downward shape while not losing same spin.

Well for one, I beat an Over-Bearing' in a mirror match, and for another, Giga provides better stamina to Bearing than over does. Since I no longer use drift, I prefer LAD on my never.

Is your Bearing' slightly flattened?