Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Nov. 14, 2021  1:17 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2021  7:12 AM)Shindog Wrote: Shin LA Burst Standard 11-13-21
South Pasadena, California 
Burst Standard Format

Mitchjett 1st
Dynamite Belial 2.Over.Bearing’-0 (F gear)
Vanish Longinus.Over.Bearing’-0
Prominence Phoenix.Nexus.Mb-10 (S gear) (deck only)
Roar Bahamut.Giga.Drift-2 (deck only)

Shindog 2nd 

kAPPERkAI 3rd
Dynamite Perseus Over Bearing' -10 (F gear)
Vanish Fafnir Giga Zone'+Z-0 (deck only)
Guilty Longinus Karma Drift -7 (deck only)

Well, the new rule has uh... Helped the triple lad combo thing a tonne huh? I'm sure it was fun to judge.

Mea culpa tho - maybe triple "spamina" is more of a concern than I thought. Perhaps as an organisation we should avoid doing things that hurt attack, the main counter to LAD combos, as much as we can? 😬
Yeah, I mean I wasn’t a judge or anything, but having watched most of the matches there were I think 3 matches that were drawn out until round 7 or 8. And people used dynamite on bearing extremely consistently, vanish on bearing was also there as well. Only a few people had the new belial2 and Perseus core, or those who did didn’t know to put them on their dynamite. 
There was a kid running cyclone on ignition’ tue entire time, another kid was running vice leopard, and another kid was running dynamite stock on mobius.
(Nov. 11, 2021  2:23 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the first time gyro has been on the competitive combos list?

At the upper right of a thread on desktop mode, there is a "Search Thread" box where you can type in "Gyro" and find out. It is not present in mobile mode, I checked. If you're mainly browsing WBO on a mobile phone, you will lack features.

Between 2016 and early 2018, Gyro was used in winning combos on Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther.
In mid 2018 and 2019 it was used once each by bladers who think it's funny to sneak naughty words into winning combos. This happens a lot.
And in 20201 it was used by Mike.Nightwing because he just legitimately enjoys experimenting with different drivers, even in the middle of tournaments.
(Nov. 14, 2021  3:52 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2021  1:17 PM)th!nk Wrote: Well, the new rule has uh... Helped the triple lad combo thing a tonne huh? I'm sure it was fun to judge.

Mea culpa tho - maybe triple "spamina" is more of a concern than I thought. Perhaps as an organisation we should avoid doing things that hurt attack, the main counter to LAD combos, as much as we can? 😬
Yeah, I mean I wasn’t a judge or anything, but having watched most of the matches there were I think 3 matches that were drawn out until round 7 or 8. And people used dynamite on bearing extremely consistently, vanish on bearing was also there as well. Only a few people had the new belial2 and Perseus core, or those who did didn’t know to put them on their dynamite. 
There was a kid running cyclone on ignition’ tue entire time, another kid was running vice leopard, and another kid was running dynamite stock on mobius.
And the stock dynamite on Mobius took the player to the finals on its back in a field of dynamite and vanish bearings.
(Nov. 14, 2021  4:03 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2021  3:52 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Yeah, I mean I wasn’t a judge or anything, but having watched most of the matches there were I think 3 matches that were drawn out until round 7 or 8. And people used dynamite on bearing extremely consistently, vanish on bearing was also there as well. Only a few people had the new belial2 and Perseus core, or those who did didn’t know to put them on their dynamite. 
And the stock dynamite on Mobius took the player to the finals on its back in a field of dynamite and vanish bearings.
To be completely honest, and not to say he was bad or his combo was bad or anything like that at all, he did face a lot of the kids who were using older beys and things. But I didn’t see all of his matches so I’m probably wrong. Also on a different note, when do you’re going to host the next tournament and what format? Just to try and test ahead
(Nov. 14, 2021  4:07 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2021  4:03 PM)Shindog Wrote: And the stock dynamite on Mobius took the player to the finals on its back in a field of dynamite and vanish bearings.
To be completely honest, and not to say he was bad or his combo was bad or anything like that at all, he did face a lot of the kids who were using older beys and things. But I didn’t see all of his matches so I’m probably wrong. Also on a different note, when do you’re going to host the next tournament and what format? Just to try and test ahead

Not matter what, swiss round 5 is still a play in match for him and his opponent I think. The opponent appeared to have access to a good number of parts.  He did what he did playing while telegraphing mobius. 

I don’t know when I am hosting again yet.  When I do know, the event usually goes up very soon. It won’t be burst standard for sure.  This event took way too long.  We overstayed our gazebo rental by a lot, ran out of sunlight, and had to play with cellphone flashlights. Starting right on time will be a goal going forward for me. I will continue to enforce that like I did this time, and perhaps tighten that up more. I understand there is traffic in LA, but that shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.
(Nov. 14, 2021  7:12 AM)Shindog Wrote: Shin LA Burst Standard 11-13-21
South Pasadena, California 
Burst Standard Format

Mitchjett 1st

Shindog 2nd 

kAPPERkAI 3rd
Dynamite Perseus Over Bearing' -10 (F gear)
Vanish Fafnir Giga Zone'+Z-0 (deck only)
Guilty Longinus Karma Drift -7 (deck only)
Love the guilty drift use kAPPERkAI! How did it work for you?
I saw some kids use it in the prior tournament using it successfully a couple of times. However, since I hadn't used it myself I didn't really have the confidence to really try to use it. Ended up using it only twice, once in the semifinal (lost), and once during my battle for third place (won). I kind of just threw in my deck since I've been having difficulties with my flower pattern with the new launcher from b-191 set.
(Nov. 15, 2021  2:13 AM)kAPPERkAI Wrote: I saw some kids use it in the prior tournament using it successfully a couple of times. However, since I hadn't used it myself I didn't really have the confidence to really try to use it. Ended up using it only twice, once in the semifinal (lost), and once during my battle for third place (won). I kind of just threw in my deck since I've been having difficulties with my flower pattern with the new launcher from b-191 set.

Nice! I use it A LOT and love the combo personally. If you put Giga on it and make it as heavy as you can, it's a lot easier to control. You need to launch it very hard with an angle. It's very nice to KO with.
(Nov. 15, 2021  2:26 AM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2021  2:13 AM)kAPPERkAI Wrote: I saw some kids use it in the prior tournament using it successfully a couple of times. However, since I hadn't used it myself I didn't really have the confidence to really try to use it. Ended up using it only twice, once in the semifinal (lost), and once during my battle for third place (won). I kind of just threw in my deck since I've been having difficulties with my flower pattern with the new launcher from b-191 set.

Nice! I use it A LOT and love the combo personally. If you put Giga on it and make it as heavy as you can, it's a lot easier to control. You need to launch it very hard with an angle. It's very nice to KO with.
I just got my guilty and overdrive set, so I finally have a lot of top tier parts that aren’t outdated! I’ve been using Guilty on giga drift as well and I agree. Using over doesn’t make it move as fast, plus in same spin when guilty goes out of control over immediately scrapes but giga doesn’t since it’s not as low. Problem I have is that when testing against vanish, the bey that has the longinus core wins and the bey that has the Fafnir core loses. I don’t have 2 longinus cores or 2 Fafnir cores, and the spriggan core bursts. So I haven’t got an accurate way to test against vanish, but against the typical competetive dynamite combos you’d see it’s pretty good! I personally would use xtreme on it instead of drift though because despite drifts LAD against right beys, dynamite does edge it out in opposite spin by just a little.
[Image: 20211120-153612-1-1-1.jpg]

The Northwest Cup 11-20-21 Burst Standard Ranked

1st Place: Zektor
Devil Valkyrie F-gear Over Zone+Z 6  
Prominence Perseus Nexus S-gear (fixed) Mobius 2 (deck only)
Roar Bahamut Giga Metal Drift 0 (deck only)
Astral Bahamut Over Bearing 0

2nd Place: Plot Armor
Dynamite Perseus F-gear Giga Rise 0 (deck only)
Prominence Belial II Over Bearing 10   
Guilty Longinus Nexus S-gear (fixed) Quick' 2 (deck only)
Dynamite Belial F-gear Over Rise 0
Vanish Longinus Over Bearing' 6
Vanish Longinus Giga Drift 6

3rd Place: Beybladedb
Dynamite Belial F-gear Giga Rise 10
Vansih Longinus Over Bearing 0
Guilty Fafnir Karma Drift 6 (deck only)

4th Place: Axe_launch
Dynamite Valkyrie F-gear Over Bearing 10 (deck only)
Astral Spriggan (left) Giga Xtend+ 0   (deck only)
Guilty Longinus Nexus S-gear (fixed) Metal Destroy 2 (deck only)
Astral Fafnir Over Bering 0
This was a FGC event. We use the DB stadium and 3G/Single Blader Format

FGC: The Circuit ATL 2021

1st Place BuilderROB:

Hollow Lucifer II. 4A. Wheel. Metal Universe
Guilty Longinus. Giga. Metal Drift. 2
Dynamite Perseus(F). Over. High Xtend+' 0

2nd Place StayCool:

Master Spriggan. Wheel. Drift
Astral Belial. Over. Bearing' 0
Roar Fafnir. Giga. Zone'+Z 6

3rd Place BorkFighters:

Guilty Longinus(stock)
Tempest Solomon (MCC). 2A. Drift
Astral Spriggan. Giga. Wave' 6

4th Place imkunin:
Guilty Longinus. Giga. Drift 2
Vanish Bahamut. Tapered. High Xtend+' 10
Dynamite Perseus(F). Over. Zone'+Z 0
(Nov. 22, 2021  11:57 PM)StayCool Wrote: This was a FGC event. We use the DB stadium and 3G/Single Blader Format

1st Place BuilderROB:

2nd Place StayCool:

3rd Place BorkFighters:

Guilty Longinus(stock)

4th Place imkunin:

HLc2.Wh.MUn 4A is an interesting one. How'd it perform for you?
(Nov. 23, 2021  1:51 AM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2021  11:57 PM)StayCool Wrote: This was a FGC event. We use the DB stadium and 3G/Single Blader Format

1st Place BuilderROB:

2nd Place StayCool:

3rd Place BorkFighters:

Guilty Longinus(stock)

4th Place imkunin:

HLc2.Wh.MUn 4A is an interesting one. How'd it perform for you?

Being in the DB stadium, it works as well as drift for opposite spin in that thing. Some things that don’t work in the standard stadium work well in the DB stadium, and my Metal Universe happens to be one of those things.
(Nov. 23, 2021  2:05 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2021  1:51 AM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote: HLc2.Wh.MUn 4A is an interesting one. How'd it perform for you?

Being in the DB stadium, it works as well as drift for opposite spin in that thing. Some things that don’t work in the standard stadium work well in the DB stadium, and my Metal Universe happens to be one of those things.

I see you ran it with eccentric parts, too - I'm assuming as an Attack type? Did you match or offset Hollow and 4A's weight distribution?
(Nov. 23, 2021  2:10 AM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2021  2:05 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Being in the DB stadium, it works as well as drift for opposite spin in that thing. Some things that don’t work in the standard stadium work well in the DB stadium, and my Metal Universe happens to be one of those things.

I see you ran it with eccentric parts, too - I'm assuming as an Attack type? Did you match or offset Hollow and 4A's weight distribution?

Hollow may be known for attack, but it’s actually much better for opposite spin stamina. The distribution depended on the situation, though the Lucifer2 chip’s heavier side was always on Hollow’s heavier side. The 4A alignment was what I changed depending on what it was up against.
(Nov. 23, 2021  3:07 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2021  2:10 AM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote: I see you ran it with eccentric parts, too - I'm assuming as an Attack type? Did you match or offset Hollow and 4A's weight distribution?

Hollow may be known for attack, but it’s actually much better for opposite spin stamina. The distribution depended on the situation, though the Lucifer2 chip’s heavier side was always on Hollow’s heavier side. The 4A alignment was what I changed depending on what it was up against.

I never would have thought of it as a Stamina ring due to its shape and weight distribution, but now that I've found the testing thread my eyes are being opened. Thanks for indulging my endless questions!
Metal Majesty
Austin, Texas
Unranked MFB Standard

1st Place - USN

Phantom Sagitario II 230 WD
Death Nemesis B:D
Diablo Kerbecs 145 DS

2nd Place - raybuster

Orochi Orochi F-230 GCF
Diablo Nemesis B:D
Pheonic Dragoon H145 R2F

3nd Place - TexasBlader1321

Basalt Horogium BD145 D
Griffin Dragoon E145 WD
Killerken Pheonic GB145 R2F
(Nov. 24, 2021  9:31 PM)USN Wrote: Metal Majesty
Austin, Texas
Unranked MFB Standard

1st Place - USN

Death Nemesis BGrin
Diablo Hell 145 DS

2nd Place - raybuster

Orochi Orochi F-230 GCF
Diablo Nemesis BGrin
Pheonic Dragoon H145 R2F

Basalt Horogium BD145 D
Griffin Dragoon E145 WD

"Diablo Hell" isn't a valid combo, because "Hell" isn't a clear wheel. Did you mean Kerbecs, or did you mean Hades/Darkhelm maybe?
(Dec. 06, 2021  10:09 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Nov. 24, 2021  9:31 PM)USN Wrote: Metal Majesty
Austin, Texas
Unranked MFB Standard

1st Place - USN

Death Nemesis BGrin
Diablo Hell 145 DS

2nd Place - raybuster

Orochi Orochi F-230 GCF
Diablo Nemesis BGrin
Pheonic Dragoon H145 R2F

Basalt Horogium BD145 D
Griffin Dragoon E145 WD

"Diablo Hell" isn't a valid combo, because "Hell" isn't a clear wheel. Did you mean Kerbecs, or did you mean Hades/Darkhelm maybe?
Yeah I meant Kerbecs. Thanks for catching that!
Results from WBO HIT!!! ranked event

This tournament had a lot of stock combos and Guilty did AMAZING with several KO's all around. Major shoutout to Wungle who did very well with stock Greatest Raphael

Roneothebot 1st place

Guilty Longinus Karma Metal Destroy' 6 (single stage and deck format)
Dynamite Belial(F)(V) Nexus Venture 2 (deck format only)
World Spriggan (Left & Right) Unite' 2B. (single stage and deck format)

Defaultnoobisme 2nd Place

Guilty Longinus Karma Metal Destroy' 2. (single stage and deck format)
Dynamite Bell (F) Nexus Venture 6. (deck format only)
Vanish Fafnir Tapered Kick 3. (deck format only)

FG Meruem 3rd Place

Master Spriggan Wheel Drift (single stage and deck format)
Astral Spriggan Over Bearing' 0. (single stage and deck format)

Tempest Fafnir 4th place

World Spriggan Unite' 2B. (single stage and deck format)
Astral Spriggan Over Quattro 0. (deck format only)
Vanish Fafnir Tapered Kick 3. (deck format only)
Did Kick actually perform well, or did it win in the same way that Patriots 3rd string QB Jarrett Stidham has a Super Bowl ring? I'm asking as a shamed Kick advocate who's hoping against hope that someone made it work for them.

Like Bing-Bong in Inside Out watching Joy float away.
(Dec. 11, 2021  5:23 AM)StayCool Wrote: Results from WBO HIT!!! ranked event

This tournament had a lot of stock combos and Guilty did AMAZING with several KO's all around. Major shoutout to Wungle who did very well with stock Greatest Raphael

Roneothebot 1st place

Guilty Longinus Karma Metal Destroy' 6   (single stage and deck format)
Dynamite Belial(F)(V) Nexus Venture 2  (deck format only)
World Spriggan (Left & Right) Unite'  2B. (single stage and deck format)

Defaultnoobisme 2nd Place

Guilty Longinus Karma Metal Destroy' 2.  (single stage and deck format)
Dynamite Bell (F) Nexus Venture 6. (deck format only)
Vanish Fafnir Tapered Kick 3.  (deck format only)

FG Meruem 3rd Place

Master Spriggan Wheel Drift (single stage and deck format)
Astral Spriggan Over Bearing' 0.  (single stage and deck format)

Tempest Fafnir 4th place

World Spriggan Unite' 2B.   (single stage and deck format)
Astral Spriggan Over Quattro 0.  (deck format only)
Vanish Fafnir Tapered Kick 3.  (deck format only)
I’ve never seen so many stock combos! Wow!
(Dec. 11, 2021  5:44 AM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote: Did Kick actually perform well, or did it win in the same way that Patriots 3rd string QB Jarrett Stidham has a Super Bowl ring? I'm asking as a shamed Kick advocate who's hoping against hope that someone made it work for them.

Like Bing-Bong in Inside Out watching Joy float away.

For defaultnoobisme he only used the combo a few times but Tempest Fafnir uses stock vanish pretty hard core and came back from a 0-4 deficit in finals. He lost the match but it ended up being 4-5 and he only used the vanish combo to get the 4 points.

I’ve learned that some bladers can just make combos work, not to sound cliche or odd, but I know Tempest Fafnir and Roneothebot specifically practice with 1 or 2 combos over and over and over again and they’re able to make those stock combos perform better than most because of how much time and effort they put into them.

So overall Kick did “ok” but in the right hands it can do amazing!
Hasbro-ly Tournament (Hasbro only) 12/11/2021
Windermere, Florida

Winning Combos
==============

User Place Chip Layer Disk Driver
ssjr0118 1st Luinor Zwei - metsu sting jolt
ssjr0118 1st Spryzen Command blitz destroy'
ssjr0118 1st Dranzer Flame Around Universe

Cscramon 2nd LC Perfect Phoenix Outer Xtend+
Cscramon 2nd Joker Judgement - sen blitz jolt
Cscramon 2nd Cho-Z Spryzen sting atomic

Quinntendo 3rd Spryzen Master (left) Around Rise
Quinntendo 3rd Dragon Judgement - retsu OO Expand Quick'
Quinntendo 3rd Cobra Lord 0 Proof Xtend+
(Dec. 12, 2021  4:06 PM)Cscramon Wrote: Hasbro-ly Tournament (Hasbro only) 12/11/2021
Windermere, Florida

Winning Combos
==============

User Place Chip Layer Disk Driver
ssjr0118 1st Zwei Luinor - metsu sting jolt
ssjr0118 1st Command Spryzen blitz destroy'
ssjr0118 1st Dranzer Flame Around Universe

Cscramon 2nd LC Perfect Phoenix Outer Xtend+
Cscramon 2nd Judgement Joker - sen blitz jolt
Cscramon 2nd Cho-Z Spryzen sting atomic

Quinntendo 3rd Master Spryzen (left) Around Rise
Quinntendo 3rd Judgement Dragon - retsu OO Expand Quick'