Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Apr. 21, 2019  11:28 PM)Godly_Requiem Wrote: Thanks for your reply, you questioned about random boosters, and one example was maximum garuda. The silver maximum garuda that I got was tighter than my yellow maximum garuda. This is not from wear and tear as I got them at the same time.

This was a question I asked via PM since the thread I would've asked it in was closed. This really isn't the place for this discussion, and the response has nothing to do with this particular post of mine you're quoting anyways.
Battle Of The Big 4 Winning combinations

1st Place @[Ardmore Bladers]
1. (Hasbro) Sr.0.W.Br
2. (Hasbro) Ls.00.W.Br
3. Pp.00.C.Xt+
4. Pp.0.C.Xt+
5. Pp.Ω.xt+
6. Hs.10.P.At
7. Cr.10.E.Ds'
8. B3.00.W.Br

2nd Place @[RED NINJA 0829]
1. LC PP.0.C.XT+
2. LC.PP.00.C.XT
3. LC.HS.00.LBr
LC.HS.00.C.xt+
LC.CR.10.E.Ds'
Hs.0.C.Xt+
Ah.7.P.At
Pp.0.C.Xt+
LC.Hs.00.L.Br
Lc.PP.Outer.Xt+
Ah.00.W.Br

3rd Place NatedogPhilly (Me)
1. LC.Pp.Ω.Xt+
2. Hs.10.W.Br
3. Ah.0.C.At
4. LC. Hs.0.C.Xt+
5. Hs.0.G.At
6. Ah.10.W.Br
(Apr. 23, 2019  2:43 AM)NatedogPhilly Wrote: Battle Of The Big 4 Winning combinations

1. (Hasbro) Sr.0.W.Br
2. (Hasbro) Ls.00.W.Br
3. Pp.00.C.Xt+
4. Pp.0.C.Xt+
5. Pp.Ω.xt+
6. Hs.10.P.At
7. Cr.10.E.Ds'
8. B3.00.W.Br

2nd Place @[RedNinja0829]
1. LC PP.0.C.XT+
2. LC.PP.00.C.XT
3. LC.HS.00.LBr
LC.HS.00.C.xt+
LC.CR.10.E.Ds'
Hs.0.C.Xt+
Ah.7.P.At
Pp.0.C.Xt+
LC.Hs.00.L.Br
Lc.PP.Outer.Xt+
Ah.00.W.Br

1. LC.Pp.Ω.Xt+
2. Hs.10.W.Br
3. Ah.0.C.At
4. LC. Hs.0.C.Xt+
5. Hs.0.G.At
6. Ah.10.W.Br

Its RED NINJA 0829, I just posted part 1 of this tourney
@[NatedogPhilly], what was the format for your event? How many players did you have?

Mainly wondering how it is possible for @[RED NINJA 0829] to have won with 11 different combinations during the first stage, which means he would have had to play at least 11 matches.

Each combo listed for each winner should have been used to win at least one match during the First Stage of the event. Or, at least one round in a match that the player won during the Final Stage (in which case, it should be indicated that it was used for Deck Format Finals Only).
(Apr. 23, 2019  2:55 AM)Kei Wrote: @[NatedogPhilly], what was the format for your event? How many players did you have?

Mainly wondering how it is possible for @[RED NINJA 0829] to have won with 11 different combinations during the first stage, which means he would have had to play at least 11 matches.

Each combo listed for each winner should have been used to win at least one match during the First Stage of the event. Or, at least one round in a match that the player won during the Final Stage (in which case, it should be indicated that it was used for Deck Format Finals Only).

Here are all the combos I used that are organized 

LC Perfect Phoenix .0C.Xt+
LC PERFECT PHOENIX .00C.Xt+
LC hS .00C.XT+
LC cR .10E.Ds' (Deck Finals only)
hS .0C.Xt+ (Deck Finals only)
aH .7P.At (Deck finals only)
Pp .0C.Xt+ (Deck finals only)
LC hS .00L.Br (Deck finals only)

@[Kei] I used 4 different combos in the first stage and 8 Different combos in the finals
(Apr. 23, 2019  2:43 AM)NatedogPhilly Wrote: Battle Of The Big 4 Winning combinations

1. (Hasbro) Sr.0.W.Br
2. (Hasbro) Ls.00.W.Br
3. Pp.00.C.Xt+
4. Pp.0.C.Xt+
5. Pp.Ω.xt+
6. Hs.10.P.At
7. Cr.10.E.Ds'
8. B3.00.W.Br

1. LC PP.0.C.XT+
2. LC.PP.00.C.XT
3. LC.HS.00.LBr
LC.HS.00.C.xt+
LC.CR.10.E.Ds'
Hs.0.C.Xt+
Ah.7.P.At
Pp.0.C.Xt+
LC.Hs.00.L.Br
Lc.PP.Outer.Xt+
Ah.00.W.Br

1. LC.Pp.Ω.Xt+
2. Hs.10.W.Br
3. Ah.0.C.At
4. LC. Hs.0.C.Xt+
5. Hs.0.G.At
6. Ah.10.W.Br

Would you know which of those combos were used exclusively in Deck Format Finals?

(Apr. 23, 2019  2:56 AM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2019  2:55 AM)Kei Wrote: @[NatedogPhilly], what was the format for your event? How many players did you have?

Here are all the combos I used that are organized 

Round 1

Round 2 

Round 3
LC hS. 00L.Br

Round 4
LC hS .00C.XT+

ROUND 5
LC hS .00C.xt+

Finals 1
LC cR .10E.Ds'
hS .0C.Xt+
aH .7P.At

Finals 2
Pp .0C.Xt+
LC hS .00L.Br
aH .7P.At

Finals 3
LC pp .outer.Xt+
aH .00W.Br
hS .10P.At

@[Kei] I used 4 different combos in the first stage and 8 Different combos in the finals

Please only list the combos that you WON a round with in Qualifying stage and Finals. Combos you did not win with should not be listed.
Example: If in finals you lost with a score of 3-5, you DO NOT list any combo because you lost that round.
(Apr. 23, 2019  3:47 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote:

1. (Hasbro) Sr.0.W.Br
2. (Hasbro) Ls.00.W.Br
3. Pp.00.C.Xt+
4. Pp.0.C.Xt+
5. Pp.Ω.xt+
6. Hs.10.P.At
7. Cr.10.E.Ds'
8. B3.00.W.Br

1. LC PP.0.C.XT+
2. LC.PP.00.C.XT
3. LC.HS.00.LBr
LC.HS.00.C.xt+
LC.CR.10.E.Ds'
Hs.0.C.Xt+
Ah.7.P.At
Pp.0.C.Xt+
LC.Hs.00.L.Br
Lc.PP.Outer.Xt+
Ah.00.W.Br

1. LC.Pp.Ω.Xt+
2. Hs.10.W.Br
3. Ah.0.C.At
4. LC. Hs.0.C.Xt+
5. Hs.0.G.At
6. Ah.10.W.Br

Would you know which of those combos were used exclusively in Deck Format Finals?

(Apr. 23, 2019  2:56 AM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote: Here are all the combos I used that are organized 

Round 1

Round 2 

Round 3
LC hS. 00L.Br

Round 4
LC hS .00C.XT+

ROUND 5
LC hS .00C.xt+

Finals 1
LC cR .10E.Ds'
hS .0C.Xt+
aH .7P.At

Finals 2
Pp .0C.Xt+
LC hS .00L.Br
aH .7P.At

Finals 3
LC pp .outer.Xt+
aH .00W.Br
hS .10P.At

Please only list the combos that you WON a round with in Qualifying stage and Finals. Combos you did not win with should not be listed.
Example: If in finals you lost with a score of 3-5, you DO NOT list any combo because you lost that round.

That makes sense since this is a winning combinations thread

I fixed it
Bey Area Gachi Endgame Right Here!

1st Place: @[ZYeYO]
Archer Hercules.0Lift.Ωcta
Hell Salamander.00Bump.Bearing

2nd Place: @[Keyuushblader]
Balkesh B3.7Turn.Bearing

3rd Place: @[Hamilton]
Spryzen Reqiuem S3.4Glaive.Atomic
Balkesh B3.0Bump.Bearing
Nightmare Luinor L3.Meteor.Destroy

http://i.imgur.com/b7Ze3Ad.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NJWtIDX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eX1Uw7X.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HRZXGKF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/a578p6h.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qgEBL83.jpg
Charging into Spring Winning Combos

Angry Face - 1st Place
Cho-Z Spriggan 10Star Xtend+
Perfect Phoenix 0Proof Atomic (Deck Finals Only)
Archer Hercules Blitz Bearing (Deck Finals Only)

NightmareChaos - 2nd Place
Perfect Phoenix 0Cross Atomic
Cho-Z Achilles Zenith Charge
Orb Egis 00 Revolve

DeceasedCrab - 3rd Place
Hell Salamander 7Glaive Atomic (Deck Finals Only)
Perfect Phoenix Outer Xtend+
Cho-Z Achilles 0Turn Destroy
Hell Salamander Outer Xtend+

Calm Before the Storm Pegasis Winning Combos

The Supreme One - 1st Place
Jade Aquario 90 MF
Burn Cancer B: D
MF-M Gravity Perseus F230 GCF
MF-H Gravity Perseus GB145 CF (Deck Format Only)

Yami - 2nd Place
MF-H Meteo L-Drago D125 EWD
MF-H Lightning L-Drago H145 RSF
MF-M Bakushin Susanow 90 RF
MSF-H Pegasis Samurai GB145 CS (Deck Format Only)

Sniper - 3rd Place
Flame Cancer 230 W2D
MF-M Bakushin Leone 90 MF
MF-H Gravity Perseus GB145 CF
MF-H Meteo L-Drago 90 R2F

We had very manageable tournament sizes today with 31 for Burst and 10 for Limited! It was great to see some new faces in the finals for Burst. 

Regarding the Limited results, I have to say that my taking first place really wasn't representative of what went down during the event! Unfortunately I used my spiciest combos at the wrong times in the first stage and ended up going 4-5. Surprisingly, I managed to make it to finals after winning a heated tiebreaker against Jackpotgodzilla (the matchup was Earth B: D vs Burn B: D) and then managed to regain my lost beypoints with deck wins against Yami and Sniper - our two highest seeds in the tournament. Overall it was a great day and definitely a good way to end by brief career as a host in the RVA area. Hope to make it back to VA for future events!
Why is blitz used in stamina combos?
(Apr. 29, 2019  12:12 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Why is blitz used in stamina combos?

EDIT: I'm wrong, here is a fine place to ask.

Because it worked. Because it worked well. I have no idea why.
"Avenge the Fallen"
Los Angeles, CA 4/27/2019
Burst Standard

1st Place Shindog
LC Perfect Phoenix 00 Cross Xtend+
Balkesh B3 0 Wall Bearing
Hell Salamander Sting Atomic
Orb Egis 0 Bump Orbit

2nd Place Mitchjett
LC Perfect Phoenix 00 Cross Xtend+
Orb Egis 0 Bump Orbit
Hell Salamander Sting Atomic

3rd Place ClexBlades
Hell Salamander 00 Proof Atomic
Cho-Z Spriggan 10 Wall Bearing
Archer Hercules Outer Xtend+
Interesting to see oE being used. Salamander with Sting Atomic is a neat sight as well from what I've only seen on Japan's side of things up to this point
oE on Orbit, no less! That's strange.
(Apr. 30, 2019  12:06 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: oE on Orbit, no less! That's strange.

Indeed. Makes me wonder what it beat.
(Apr. 30, 2019  12:30 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2019  12:06 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: oE on Orbit, no less! That's strange.

Indeed. Makes me wonder what it beat.
It beats pP.  oE layer is good against pP layer in my opinion.  The end of my tournament report explains why my son and I used oE.
(Apr. 30, 2019  1:59 AM)Shindog Wrote: It beats pP.  oE layer is good against pP layer in my opinion.  The end of my tournament report explains why my son and I used oE.

I could actually see that working. Why Orbit over something more common? Burst resistance?
(Apr. 30, 2019  2:46 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2019  1:59 AM)Shindog Wrote: It beats pP.  oE layer is good against pP layer in my opinion.  The end of my tournament report explains why my son and I used oE.

I could actually see that working. Why Orbit over something more common? Burst resistance?
I self KO less with Orbit.  Atomic is better in opposite spin than orbit.  However, so many drivers beat both At and O in opposites spin it didn’t bother me.

Would using 10B instead of 0B be better as 10 has more OWD, hence more raw stamina than 0?
(Apr. 30, 2019  3:26 AM)Biggster Wrote:

Would using 10B instead of 0B be better as 10 has more OWD, hence more raw stamina than 0?
0 was used because I have lots of 0 and I picked the heaviest I think 24.3 or 24.5g.  And I would have used OO if it wasn’t already used. I also picked bump bc it is heavy.  I tried Turn, Lift, Wall too but they scrap too early.  Maybe St would be okay too but that was also being used.  I don’t want to give up too much weight to pP as there is already a huge weight difference.
And here I thought you picked it because you were already using Atomic on another deck entry. Smile
So you've got a Hell Salamander killer (Hell Salamander), a Perfect Phoenix killer (Orb Egis), and an everything else killer (Perfect Phoenix). Sounds like a good deck!
(Apr. 30, 2019  4:17 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: And here I thought you picked it because you were already using Atomic on another deck entry. Smile
So you've got a Hell Salamander killer (Hell Salamander), a Perfect Phoenix killer (Orb Egis), and an everything else killer (Perfect Phoenix). Sounds like a good deck!
My original answer to hS combos in my deck was Slash Dragon.Bl.Vl’ 烈.  A combo that is more capable of scoring 2 points a time rather than just 1 point.  But like I mentioned in my report, my success testing Slash.Vl’ at home didn’t translate to points during the quarter and semi finals.  It was only good at giving up points.   I like to blame my Slash being worn down, but is it entirely possible that I just couldn’t do it under pressure, or that my test results were simply inaccurate.
(Apr. 30, 2019  4:34 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2019  4:17 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: And here I thought you picked it because you were already using Atomic on another deck entry. Smile
My original answer to hS combos in my deck was Slash Dragon.Bl.Vl’ 烈.  A combo that is more capable of scoring 2 points a time rather than just 1 point.  But like I mentioned in my report, my success testing Slash.Vl’ at home didn’t translate to points during the quarter and semi finals.  It was only good at giving up points.   I like to blame my Slash being worn down, but is it entirely possible that I just couldn’t do it under pressure, or that my test results were simply inaccurate.

Volcanic' is one of those tips that is very cool in theory and in practice is completely uncontrollable and prone to self-KO and low stamina. I'm sure that there are skilled bladers out there who can use it well. But I have yet to see it excel in a tournament setting.
Shindog, sorry to bother you. Why didn't you use the choz achilles 00 wall hold combo? Or something like slash dragon blitz/ 00 wall hold? Is that because you found volcanic to be more aggressive? Or maybe beacuse you had the dash form of volcanic while you had only the mormal form of hold?

Also, deceased crab, can you explain why blitz worked well? I remember reading somewhere that blitz has the OWD to support the speed od attack combos (hope I remeber it right). Is this true? Maybe this is why it works well.
(Apr. 30, 2019  7:41 AM)Yeah Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Shindog, sorry to bother you. Why didn't you use the choz achilles 00 wall hold combo? Or something like slash dragon blitz/ 00 wall hold? Is that because you found volcanic to be more aggressive? Or maybe beacuse you had the dash form of volcanic while you had only the mormal form of hold?
In my testing I found Vl’ gave me the best chance against the most of the combos I thought I would face.  Although it is true that I don’t own any Hold’ at this point and Slash Dragon/Valkyrie/Ashura seems to burst a lot without a dash driver.