Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

I agree with Kei on the topic of EDS - except for the part about it being good. I've always found that it was unusually unstable, much more so than any other D-series tip, even more so than the roughly equal-diameter SD. I traded for it, used it once or twice, never really liked it, and traded it back. Now I have one again, and I still don't like it. Uncertain
At SeptemBBer 10-Pins I won these combos....

Phantom Quatzequatel 85MF
Gargoyle Dragoon BD145RDF
Scythe (Stamina) Bull 85RS (Tech at tie breaker)
Genbull Genbull SA165WD (geetster99 match so much,luck and skills)
Gargoyle Dragoon BD145RDF? WTH did you beat with that!
i can imagine it had a floor scraping problem?
actually BD145RDF is a popular tip and track combination for left spin bey's... oh and I'm glad somebody finally one a macth with Scyth 85RS Smile
i don't like rs it loses stamina to fast
dragon KING your going a bit off topic :\ anyway all rubber tips have bad stamina but RS has more then most...
oh and stars what tournament did you got to?
Lazer Wrote:Gargoyle Dragoon BD145RDF? WTH did you beat with that!

Gargole Dragooon BD145RDF is an excellent combo... it can OS just about anything right-spin, and the opposite-rotation decreases its recoil quite a bit. I'm not surprised at all that it won... I've seen people sweep tournaments with Dragooon BD145RDF. Wink

EDIT: Woah! Someone used Girago Genbull E230MB already?? It was posted 13 hours before that tournament... Nice Shining God MS! May I inquire of your humble person what exactly you were so fortunate to have overcome with it? Smile
Honestly my RS is like half worn so it kinda TR and KO'd Tech Flash combo.
Scythe Ko'd flash? o_o and theblackdragon I hade no idea Gargoyle Dragooon BD145RDf was a popular combo! I've actually never even heard of it
(Sep. 25, 2013  7:31 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: Woah! Someone used Girago Genbull E230MB already?? It was posted 13 hours before that tournament... Nice Shining God MS! May I inquire of your humble person what exactly you were so fortunate to have overcome with it? Smile
1 thing, Yuko Ray14, a person had a Genbull there, he let me borrow it. Nuf' said.
(Sep. 25, 2013  3:54 AM)Cake Wrote: I agree with Kei on the topic of EDS - except for the part about it being good. I've always found that it was unusually unstable, much more so than any other D-series tip, even more so than the roughly equal-diameter SD. I traded for it, used it once or twice, never really liked it, and traded it back. Now I have one again, and I still don't like it. Uncertain

I've never been the biggest fan of EDS, but its popularity back in 2011 can't be argued against; BD145EDS was an excellent, widely-used combination that provided high Stamina with the added bonus of the defensive properties of BD145. And in my opinion, it's still good, although obviously underused. The D-series is better as a whole, but that doesn't mean that EDS is bad.

(Sep. 25, 2013  1:42 PM)Stars Wrote: At my recent tournament I won these combos....

Phantom Quatzequatel 85MF
Gargoyle Dragoon BD145RDF
Scythe (Stamina) Bull 85RS (Tech at tie breaker)
Genbull Genbull SA165WD (geetster99 match so much,luck and skills)

Can you please edit this post to specify which tournament this was? It may be obvious to some people who pay close attention to everything that's happening around the WBO right now, but it won't be that way in the future. Thanks!

Also, the host him/herself is obligated to post a complete list of customs used by the top three finishers, so you (and others who have posted their winning combos alone before) should submit a list at the tournament, or afterwards via PM for them to post.

(Sep. 25, 2013  11:44 PM)Lazer Wrote: and theblackdragon I hade no idea Gargoyle Dragooon BD145RDf was a popular combo! I've actually never even heard of it

He was talking about Dragooon BD145RDF in general, which is quite popular.
(Sep. 25, 2013  11:48 PM)Shining God MS Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2013  7:31 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: Woah! Someone used Girago Genbull E230MB already?? It was posted 13 hours before that tournament... Nice Shining God MS! May I inquire of your humble person what exactly you were so fortunate to have overcome with it? Smile
1 thing, Yuko Ray14, a person had a Genbull there, he let me borrow it. Nuf' said.

You never beat me with Girago Genbull E230MB, I beat you, I specifically used Genbull Dragooon BD, It was our first match in the block, I beat you 3-0
(Sep. 23, 2013  1:21 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Sep. 23, 2013  12:12 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: How exactly did charleybey win with Killerken Revizer BGrin, which should have lost to Bahamdia Master for sure and probably Leone19 unless he used Dragooon?

Your meta loves BGrin Smile
There is something suspect about CharlieBey's BGrin imo. Maybe it's just a really good mold, but it is very interesting the combinations he's been able to beat with a lesser tier synchrom & BGrin...

Jeez I'm late, I literally never saw this until now, XD

But something was up with that BGrin... it seemed. I tested his combo against mine, with my 2 BGrin's, and it won, but when it came time for the tournament match, I lost. I'm not saying its like oiled, but damn, it was one good mold. Like I said, I'm not accusing anything, it just performed better than really, any other BGrin I've seen.
you mean Reviser Dragooon B:D or Reviser Killerken B:D?
(Sep. 26, 2013  9:40 PM)Lazer Wrote: you mean Reviser Dragooon BGrin or Reviser Killerken BGrin?

Reviser Killerken BGrin; it was the main one he used. (He did use Gargoyle Dragoon too, but lost with it against Dr. Leo)
(Sep. 26, 2013  9:35 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Sep. 23, 2013  1:21 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Sep. 23, 2013  12:12 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: How exactly did charleybey win with Killerken Revizer BGrin, which should have lost to Bahamdia Master for sure and probably Leone19 unless he used Dragooon?

Your meta loves BGrin Smile
There is something suspect about CharlieBey's BGrin imo. Maybe it's just a really good mold, but it is very interesting the combinations he's been able to beat with a lesser tier synchrom & BGrin...

Jeez I'm late, I literally never saw this until now, XD

But something was up with that BGrin... it seemed. I tested his combo against mine, with my 2 BGrin's, and it won, but when it came time for the tournament match, I lost. I'm not saying its like oiled, but damn, it was one good mold. Like I said, I'm not accusing anything, it just performed better than really, any other BGrin I've seen.

I had a really, REALLY good mold of B : D once... on my Phantom which gets only 4mins of solo time on AD145WD, it got 7:35. Gasp
Tulsa,OK, OK, Alright, Mirai! 9/28/13 Winning Combos

1st-Transfat- MF Death Aquario AD145 WD, MF-H Diablo Cancer BD145 RF
2nd- *Ginga- MSF-M Genbull Genbull F230 GCF, MSF-L Genbull Genbull E230 CS, MF-F Duo Cancer SA165 W2D
3rd- ShinobuXD- Revizer Killerken E230 CS

Revizer Killerken E230 CS was great. It went 10-1, only losing to Transfat in the finals.

Other combos I used, but lost with-
MF-H Flash Uranus GB145 RF- self KO'd twice and got KO'd by Hawkeye.
Killerken Dragooon SA165 RDF- RDF went crazy against SaintBlader
Wyvang Dragooon F230 CF- Lost with this twice against *Ginga*. Hadn't used it before today, but I can already tell it is incredible, and it spawned the two best matches of the tournament.
wow it's nice to see SA165W2D a tournament Smile so just curious what did that win against? I'm eager for someone to find a way to make W2D top-tier... oh and RK E230CS did that good? I think I'll use that when I go to a tournament and see how good it does Smile
In the finals, *Ginga* used it against my Wyvang Dragooon F230 CF. He won 3-1, but every match was very close. In fact, in the final battle, we even had to take a look at the footage so see if my Dragooon had stopped or not(it did.)

It was great. The only time I lost was a battle against Transfat, where his Death beat me when I didn't get in the stadium once and was OS'd two other times. It does usually beat Death though, since I beat both him and Phoenic817 in round robin play in the same matchup.
man that sounded like an awsome tournament Grin I wish I could of gone then I would have taken over with a stock Phantom Orion XD oh and Wyvang Dragooon F230CF I wonder if theres any testing on it... if there isn't we should probally do some officail testing and see which does better Smile oh and How could you possibaly have lost with Flash it's my favorite *wheel*
No testing is really needed, if you're going for more of an Attack F230 setup, using Wyvang or Girago would be the best, however, if you're going for more of a Stamina setup, Genbull would be the best.

Personally, I like using Genbull since I feel like its safer to use in a tournament, especially since Toronto's tournaments are mostly Stamina.

Its weird, which F230 was being used against the Duo W2D combo? The Brown or Orange one?

And Flash probably just wasn't launched properly, that's why it lost haha.
Gladiators Onslaught 9/28/13 BB-10
1st: Dark_Mousy- MSF-M Genbull Dragooon F230 CF/BD145 RDF/Duo Cancer SA165 EWD
2nd: stormscorpio1- MSF Genbull Dragooon F230 CF/ MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145 RDF
3rd: Thunder Dome- MSF-M Genbull Dragooon F230 CF/MSF-M Wyvang Dragooon BD145 RDF/Genbull Dragooon T125 GCF
In zero-G stadiums? Or BB-10?
That was BB-10... NC is SERIOUSLY heavy on Dragooon. It's like not even a spin stealer here, it's just normal.