Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Sep. 23, 2013  10:16 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Sep. 23, 2013  6:42 PM)rkalajian Wrote: Can't wait to see what you're playing with now. I've got some new combos, myself. I didn't participate on Saturday, so I'm itching to try them out at the next tournament.
I've been avoiding BGrin these days...BWD has taken over my favorite stamina combinations lol
It's probably a waste of time, but I've been trying to find some uses for EDS & SB...no such luck so far. Looking forward to hopefully seeing your new combos soon!
I like Duo 160EDS but I can't test it till I get another EDS.
(Sep. 23, 2013  10:16 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Sep. 23, 2013  6:42 PM)rkalajian Wrote: Can't wait to see what you're playing with now. I've got some new combos, myself. I didn't participate on Saturday, so I'm itching to try them out at the next tournament.
I've been avoiding BGrin these days...BWD has taken over my favorite stamina combinations lol
It's probably a waste of time, but I've been trying to find some uses for EDS & SB...no such luck so far. Looking forward to hopefully seeing your new combos soon!

bleh EDS

I've found EDS to be pretty much useless... It was only good for BD145 stamina customs, which I never used anyways, and that niche use is pretty much gone due to the nifty trick with Synchromes where BD145 slides upwards, allowing you to use WD/EWD without scrapes.
Yeah... it really isn't very good lol I just have a thing for EDS. Someday, I will find something that works. It's disappointing that dramatically worn down parts can't be used in tournaments though, because I love the way EDS performs when it's worn down to a certain height: starts off as stamina, but becomes aggressive as soon as the other bey makes contact.
@ Kei: Thank you for the reply! I don't have much to comment on other than agreeing with stuff like using M(S)F-M on tall stamina types and whatnot. Definitely try using MSF-H on Wyvang^2 BD145RSF; it does kind of need it due to the recoil, like you said. I'll give that Genbull custom a try and see if I can manage to not self-KO like I usually do with GCF, lol!

(Sep. 24, 2013  1:34 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Yeah... it really isn't very good lol I just have a thing for EDS. Someday, I will find something that works. It's disappointing that dramatically worn down parts can't be used in tournaments though, because I love the way EDS performs when it's worn down to a certain height: starts off as stamina, but becomes aggressive as soon as the other bey makes contact.

Try FB! It does basically what you just said, though I know it's not quite the same as a worn EDS (or EWD, for that matter). It's still a really fun and underutilized tip, though!
Sweet. I'll be honest, I've never even heard of FB before. Any other Beyblades I could get it with aside from Divine Chimera?
Forbidden Ionis carries FB, along with Hell Crown.
(Sep. 24, 2013  3:42 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Forbidden Ionis carries FB, along with Hell Crown.
Thanks! I'll have to check them out.
So, these are the combos that got me 3rd Place at LakeSide BeyBattles:
Phantom Cygnus 90MF, Phantom Cygnus W145SWD(won against Yuko's Killerken Genbull E230CS lol), Girago Genbull E230MB(it truly does fail against left-spin Unhappy), MSF Wyvang Wyvang GB145RF, and that's about it I think.
(Sep. 10, 2013  1:25 AM)Ingulit Wrote: Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF is one hell of a combo. When I first saw TBD post it here I knew we had something big on our hands. IMO, that's an important custom to figure out how to beat going forward once people realize how good it is/buy the cheap Wyvangs off Amazon.

I think one way to defeat it depending on the stadium is to aim for the one part that takes the most recoil which in this cast IMO is the Spikes on BD145. I could possibly use a Bahamdia Ifraid 100 rsf and Snipe it with a Power Launch that's what I'd try.

This is also because when I did battles with Archer Wyvang 145 WB which is a Bey from the Anime, I noticed that while Wyvang was good it would always get KO-ed because of its Archer Crystal wheel.
(Sep. 24, 2013  1:27 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: So, these are the combos that got me 3rd Place at LakeSide BeyBattles:
Phantom Cygnus 90MF, Phantom Cygnus W145SWD(won against Yuko's Killerken Genbull E230CS lol), Girago Genbull E230MB(it truly does fail against left-spin Unhappy), MSF Wyvang Wyvang GB145RF, and that's about it I think.
hey somebody finally used theblackdragon's combo in a tournament Smile just curios what did MSF Wvangx2 GB145RF go up against?
(Sep. 23, 2013  1:45 AM)LMAO Wrote: MY BEYSPIRIT AHHHHHHHH

No, for real tho, it beat a Mercury Anubis M145Q (HeavenKerbecs used it for the final battle). It was extremely fun!

he used m145q competitivelyChocked_2
(Sep. 24, 2013  1:27 PM)Triforceblader Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2013  1:25 AM)Ingulit Wrote: Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF is one hell of a combo. When I first saw TBD post it here I knew we had something big on our hands. IMO, that's an important custom to figure out how to beat going forward once people realize how good it is/buy the cheap Wyvangs off Amazon.

I think one way to defeat it depending on the stadium is to aim for the one part that takes the most recoil which in this cast IMO is the Spikes on BD145. I could possibly use a Bahamdia Ifraid 100 rsf and Snipe it with a Power Launch that's what I'd try.

This is also because when I did battles with Archer Wyvang 145 WB which is a Bey from the Anime, I noticed that while Wyvang was good it would always get KO-ed because of its Archer Crystal wheel.
Archer Wyvang 145WB isn't even slightly competitive... using a powerful Attack wheel like Wyvang on a non-rubber tip with little aggressive motion is pretty much suicide. Also, Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF is going to laugh off your Attack attempt against it and then eat it as a snack. Also, it's not really possible to "aim for the one part that takes the most recoil" because your opponent is rotating at thousands of RPM, and is moving around aggressively; furthermore, BD145's spikes are completely inaccessible by another beyblade.

This thread is for discussion of currently competitive customs by members who have shown their ability and knowledge by winning/placing in tournaments. Spend some time learning how to build and use good combos and you'll probably find your name popping up in this thread Wink
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oh btw, here's my LakeSide BeyBattles customs (earned me 2nd place woo)
Phantom (Attack) Cancer 85HF (lol this lost the only two times I used it, courtesy of bad luck in picking Tongue_out)
Balro Begirados 100RF - This beast pretty much carried me to victory along with this next guy:
Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF - yaaay spinsteal
Revizer Dragooon SA165EWD - When I used this I went up against Revizer Genbull (?) B : D, which I almost lost, but I was able scrape by with two KOs and a freak OS.
I also had Revizer Killerken E230RB, which I never used, but I should have Tongue_out
Cake one thing to know is this thread is just for the combos that you won a match with
Yeah, I probably should have rephrased that... What I'm trying to say is that this thread is for reporting winning combos (as is in the title) and limited discussion of those combos.
(Sep. 24, 2013  8:42 PM)Cake Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2013  1:27 PM)Triforceblader Wrote:

Archer Wyvang 145WB isn't even slightly competitive... using a powerful Attack wheel like Wyvang on a non-rubber tip with little aggressive motion is pretty much suicide. Also, Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF is going to laugh off your Attack attempt against it and then eat it as a snack. Also, it's not really possible to "aim for the one part that takes the most recoil" because your opponent is rotating at thousands of RPM, and is moving around aggressively; furthermore, BD145's spikes are completely inaccessible by another beyblade.

This thread is for discussion of currently competitive customs by members who have shown their ability and knowledge by winning/placing in tournaments. Spend some time learning how to build and use good combos and you'll probably find your name popping up in this thread Wink
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phantom (Attack) Cancer 85HF (lol this lost the only two times I used it, courtesy of bad luck in picking Tongue_out)
Balro Begirados 100RF - This beast pretty much carried me to victory along with this next guy:
Revizer Dragooon SA165EWD - When I used this I went up against Revizer Genbull (?) B : D, which I almost lost, but I was able scrape by with two KOs and a freak OS.
I also had Revizer Killerken E230RB, which I never used, but I should have Tongue_out

It is possible to aim for one part I've done it before you need to practice sniping. it is possible to aim for the BD145 You need to scrape under it By aiming downward on the launcher
nobody answered my question Unhappy I was wondering what MSF Wyvang Wyvang GB145RF beat?
(Sep. 24, 2013  9:11 PM)Triforceblader Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2013  8:42 PM)Cake Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2013  1:27 PM)Triforceblader Wrote: I think one way to defeat it depending on the stadium is to aim for the one part that takes the most recoil which in this cast IMO is the Spikes on BD145. I could possibly use a Bahamdia Ifraid 100 rsf and Snipe it with a Power Launch that's what I'd try.

It is possible to aim for one part I've done it before you need to practice sniping. it is possible to aim for the BD145 You need to scrape under it By aiming downward on the launcher

Which would be very hard to do, when battling another bey. (Two people, in a tourney situation)

Quote:This thread is for discussion of currently competitive customs by members who have shown their ability and knowledge by winning/placing in tournaments. Spend some time learning how to build and use good combos and you'll probably find your name popping up in this thread Wink

If you plan on arguing, just use PM, so it doesn't spam up the thread Tongue_out
Also, I have been mentioned on this thread. I won the NJ tournament on August 23rd or 24th
(Sep. 24, 2013  9:17 PM)Triforceblader Wrote: Also, I have been mentioned on this thread. I won the NJ tournament on August 23rd or 24th

You misunderstood the quote. I'm saying that the thread is to talk about tournament winning-combos, not combos or snipe launches that you've used/tested.
(Sep. 24, 2013  9:16 PM)Lazer Wrote: nobody answered my question Unhappy I was wondering what MSF Wyvang Wyvang GB145RF beat?

It beat Flash AD145RF and Thief Phoenix E230SD(?)
wow! now who was the nutcase that used Thief lol XD JK anyway it beat Flash AD145RF! Maybe Wyvang could have some use in anti attack! although I doubt anyone has 4 wyvangs...
Actually, it might, but it's not really hard to beat a Flash with Wyvang since Wyvang ya know... owns.
MSF Wyvang Wyvang GB145RF is more of an anti-everything custom than anti-attack lol

Jokes aside, I can easily see that doing well against other attackers since it is so incredibly heavy on its own. The only attacker that is heavier I can think of is something like MSF-H Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F, which I now have the urge to test against Wyvang :d
me to but I don't have Wyvang...
I just realized that I forgot one custom that I used at PROJECT BEYHEM 3.0. Here's the updated list, with the combo I forgot bolded:

(Sep. 23, 2013  1:25 AM)Kei Wrote: PROJECT BEYHEM 3.0 - 9/22/13 - Standard Format
1st: Kei - MSF-L Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF / MF-M Duo Cygnus SA165EWD / MSF-M Genbull Genbull F230GCF / MSF Killerken Dragooon B:D / MSF Killerken Dragooon BD145RDF
2nd: LMAO - Duo Cygnus SA165EWD / MF Death Striker M145Q
3rd: HeavenKerbecs - Genbull Dragooon BD145RDF / Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF / Reviser Dragooon B:D

(Sep. 24, 2013  2:53 AM)Ingulit Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2013  1:34 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Yeah... it really isn't very good lol I just have a thing for EDS. Someday, I will find something that works. It's disappointing that dramatically worn down parts can't be used in tournaments though, because I love the way EDS performs when it's worn down to a certain height: starts off as stamina, but becomes aggressive as soon as the other bey makes contact.

Try FB! It does basically what you just said, though I know it's not quite the same as a worn EDS (or EWD, for that matter). It's still a really fun and underutilized tip, though!

EDS was far more popular back when it came out (particularly with BD145) in 2011, but it always seemed to self-KO whenever it went aggressive haha. I wouldn't say that it's tendency to become aggressive is a positive one. Even if it didn't self-KO, there's no real way to control the movement pattern it enters, so it's kind of useless in my opinion. But still, it's a good Stamina Bottom when it doesn't go crazy like that.