Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Sep. 09, 2013  2:54 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: I'm not too sure as to who it beat, however it's not that surprising that it won. AD145 is essentially a smaller version of SA165 other than the fact that SA165 can change modes, so it's no wonder that BWD would have good synergy with it. While I'm not too sure how SA165 and AD145's value as a stamina track compares, AD145 is considered as probably the best 145 track for stamina.

W145 is actually better, but AD145 isn't bad by any means.
MF-X Duo Cygnus SA165EWD all over da place, good lord! Why doesn't that custom have a thread? It's in the top placements for any tournament from y'alls area, lol!

Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF is one hell of a combo. When I first saw TBD post it here I knew we had something big on our hands. IMO, that's an important custom to figure out how to beat going forward once people realize how good it is/buy the cheap Wyvangs off Amazon.
(Sep. 10, 2013  1:25 AM)Ingulit Wrote: MF-X Duo Cygnus SA165EWD all over da place, good lord! Why doesn't that custom have a thread? It's in the top placements for any tournament from y'alls area, lol!

Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF is one hell of a combo. When I first saw TBD post it here I knew we had something big on our hands. IMO, that's an important custom to figure out how to beat going forward once people realize how good it is/buy the cheap Wyvangs off Amazon.

Good question! It's been popular for a long time now. Although, it was always a pretty obviously great Stamina combo to make once SA165 came out, so maybe nobody thought it was necessary haha.

Indeed. I love that you can launch it at full power and not have to worry at all about self-KOing; it only helps to enhance how great its late game Smash is. There's ways to beat it, but overall, it's such a solid combo.
After Back to School Beyblade yesterday, here are the winning combos:

1st place - charleybey - Kraken Leviathan B : D
2nd place - Leone19 - MSF- Killerken Dragoon B : D, Phantom Cancer B : D, Duo Aquario SA165 TB
3rd place - Bahamdia Master -Phantom Orion B : D
How exactly did charleybey win with Killerken Revizer BGrin, which should have lost to Bahamdia Master for sure and probably Leone19 unless he used Dragooon?

Your meta loves BGrin Smile
Well, Reviser has little to no recoil, which means it can spin steal from Dragooon, plus it's on BGrin. Against Phantom, maybe Phantom Orion BGrin got SO'd?
(Sep. 23, 2013  12:12 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: How exactly did charleybey win with Killerken Revizer BGrin, which should have lost to Bahamdia Master for sure and probably Leone19 unless he used Dragooon?
nvm
Yeah, B : D has become REALLY popular in our tournaments.
Dragooon doesn't beat Phantom or Duo. Although, it has a higher chance of beating Phantom. Also, Phantom Cancer will destroy Phantom Orion.
Phantom gets beaten by Dragooon... very efficiently, I don't know where you got that from.
(Sep. 23, 2013  12:12 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: How exactly did charleybey win with Killerken Revizer B:D, which should have lost to Bahamdia Master for sure and probably Leone19 unless he used Dragooon?

Your meta loves B:D :)
There is something suspect about CharlieBey's B:D imo. Maybe it's just a really good mold, but it is very interesting the combinations he's been able to beat with a lesser tier synchrom & B:D...
(Sep. 23, 2013  12:24 AM)Shining God MS Wrote: Phantom gets beaten by Dragooon... very efficiently, I don't know where you got that from.

You've obviously never tested or seen this in action.....
I have seen this in action... plus, it's logic. Phantom has recoil which doesn't allow spin-stealing against Dragooon, even though it has amazing Stamina, you obviously have not been at the Insurgents.
PROJECT BEYHEM 3.0 - 9/22/13 - Standard Format
1st: Kei - MSF-L Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF / MF-M Duo Cygnus SA165EWD / MSF-M Genbull Genbull F230GCF / MSF Killerken Dragooon B:D / MSF Killerken Dragooon BD145RDF
2nd: LMAO - Duo Cygnus SA165EWD / MF Death Striker M145Q
3rd: HeavenKerbecs - Genbull Dragooon BD145RDF / Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF / Reviser Dragooon B:D

8-0 today! Pretty happy with that. However, even though I didn't lose with Wyvang Wyvang, some of my battles with it against Attack types did cause me to start doubting it's defensive capabilities. Even though it's heavier than any other Synchrom combination, the recoil on Wyvang is just too high for it to be considered top tier. It's not bad, but it isn't top tier for Defense. I always felt like I was taking a bit of a gamble when using it against an Attack type.

(Sep. 22, 2013  11:38 PM)rkalajian Wrote: After Back to School Beyblade yesterday, here are the winning combos:

1st place - charleybey - Kraken Leviathan B : D
2nd place - Leone19 - MSF- Killerken Dragoon B : D, Phantom Cancer B : D, Duo Aquario SA165 TB
3rd place - Bahamdia Master -Phantom Orion B : D

Wow. Haha.
LMAO you never seize to amaze me. How do you win with Death Striker M145Q!?
Quote:2nd: LMAO - Duo Cygnus SA165EWD / MF Death Striker M145Q.

Ummm what? How could that possibly have beaten anything
MY BEYSPIRIT AHHHHHHHH

No, for real tho, it beat a Mercury Anubis M145Q (HeavenKerbecs used it for the final battle). It was extremely fun!
That's got to be one of my favorite things to do at the end of a tournament, when you're both just too tired to deal with a stalling clause and just agree to do a mirror match or some variation of a horrible setup.
And it's always LMAO that use the whackiest combo and wins XD.
Dat M145Q :d

Kei:
Wyvang^2 BD145RSF is certainly pretty recoil-y compared to standard defense, that's for sure. It's about as much of a balance custom as you can get; it does have some defence, but like you mentioned it's primarily due to its obscene weight. It probably isn't the BEST choice against a given attacker, but it's not a BAD one by any means.

As a side note, I'd love to see who would win in the matchup between MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF vs. MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F, but that would require at least two well-stocked bladers since I doubt anyone has four Wyvangs to test with, lol!

What is your logic behind your M(S)F-C choices? Like, I don't think I ever see you use M(S)F-H, it's always -L or -M. Any particular reason?

&& how did you like Genbull Genbull F230GCF?
(Sep. 23, 2013  1:21 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Sep. 23, 2013  12:12 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: How exactly did charleybey win with Killerken Revizer BGrin, which should have lost to Bahamdia Master for sure and probably Leone19 unless he used Dragooon?

Your meta loves BGrin Smile
There is something suspect about CharlieBey's BGrin imo. Maybe it's just a really good mold, but it is very interesting the combinations he's been able to beat with a lesser tier synchrom & BGrin...

I got a good look at the Bey on Saturday, and it is what it is.

A lot of charleybey's success came from how the Swiss format works. Lots of good wins on his end, and a few key losses by others in the top also contributed to his success.
(Sep. 23, 2013  3:27 PM)rkalajian Wrote: I got a good look at the Bey on Saturday, and it is what it is.

A lot of charleybey's success came from how the Swiss format works. Lots of good wins on his end, and a few key losses by others in the top also contributed to his success.
Yeah, I'm not implying that it's oiled or anything, I've just been surprised when I saw him beat Reviser/Killerken Dragooon B:D combos with a synchrom + B:D that wasn't as competitive as the opponents. Ah well...I have a 3 minute mold, so I could do better myself haha
Can't wait to see what you're playing with now. I've got some new combos, myself. I didn't participate on Saturday, so I'm itching to try them out at the next tournament.
(Sep. 23, 2013  3:13 PM)Ingulit Wrote: Kei:
Wyvang^2 BD145RSF is certainly pretty recoil-y compared to standard defense, that's for sure. It's about as much of a balance custom as you can get; it does have some defence, but like you mentioned it's primarily due to its obscene weight. It probably isn't the BEST choice against a given attacker, but it's not a BAD one by any means.

As a side note, I'd love to see who would win in the matchup between MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF vs. MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F, but that would require at least two well-stocked bladers since I doubt anyone has four Wyvangs to test with, lol!

What is your logic behind your M(S)F-C choices? Like, I don't think I ever see you use M(S)F-H, it's always -L or -M. Any particular reason?

&& how did you like Genbull Genbull F230GCF?

Yeah, like I said: "It's not bad, but it isn't top tier for Defense".

This will become easier to accomplish once Hasbro releases Wyvang, haha.

I dunno. I always seem to view the properties afforded by the alternate Metal Faces more attractive than a simple weight gain. Up until now I had used MSF with Genbull Genbull F230GCF, but I decided to switch it to MSF-M this time for the same reason that I use MF-M on Duo Cygnus; centralized weight which helps to keep the Beyblade upright for a slightly longer period of time. I haven't done any real testing on this, and I certainly don't know much of anything about physics, so maybe this perspective is misguided, but that's why haha.

I used MSF-L on Wyvang Wyvang to increase movement speed, which seemed important to me given that RSF is not incredibly fast on its own. However, after my experience with it yesterday, MSF-H might not be a bad choice as well to help increase it's Defense.

It's good at what it does: outspinning opposite spin direction Stamina combos, or outspinning Defense combos. But, it also has weaknesses: it's risky to use it against anything that can be aggressive (I almost lost against Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF using it), and you can be put in a tough position when somebody uses a right-spin Stamina combo against you, since you'll be forced to KO it if you want to win (which isn't impossible by any means, but it can be tricky because you aren't using a aggressive Chrome Wheels or particularly great Track/Bottom setup for attacking).
(Sep. 23, 2013  6:42 PM)rkalajian Wrote: Can't wait to see what you're playing with now. I've got some new combos, myself. I didn't participate on Saturday, so I'm itching to try them out at the next tournament.
I've been avoiding B:D these days...BWD has taken over my favorite stamina combinations lol
It's probably a waste of time, but I've been trying to find some uses for EDS & SB...no such luck so far. Looking forward to hopefully seeing your new combos soon!