WBO Organized Play Rule Updates May 2020: Legal Stadiums, BSC Ban List + More

Outlined below are several important new ruling additions, updates, and clarifications to some WBO Organized Play rulebooks and the Organizers' Guide. View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here, and a summary of the changes below:

Updates Overview
  • All Rulebooks: Unranked Events – All Official TT/Hasbro Stadiums Permitted
  • All Rulebooks: Relaunching – Minor Update
  • IMPORTANT Burst Classic Format: Ban List Updates
  • Burst Format: Deck Format – 1 Metal Chip Core Permitted Per Deck
  • IMPORTANT Organizer’s Requirements: Under 18? Parent/Guardian Must Co-Host With You
  • Organizer’s Guide: Planning Your Tournament – Confirmed Interest Requirement Removed
  • Organizer’s Guide: Club Format Updates

All Rulebooks Updates
Unranked Events – All Official TT/Hasbro Stadiums Permitted
All official TAKARA-TOMY/Hasbro (and Sonokong) stadiums are now permitted for unranked events. Ranked events must continue to use the list of stadiums outlined in the "Legal Equipment" section of each rulebook.

When proposing an unranked event, Organizers are now required to specify what stadium(s) will be used if they are not using the traditionally permitted stadiums for ranked events. The designated stadium type may not be changed after the event proposal has been approved.

We hope that with restrictions lifted on stadiums for unranked events, existing Organizers will take the opportunity once events are permitted again to experiment more.

And perhaps more importantly, we hope that those thinking about becoming an Organizer will face less barriers when getting started by not needing to have access to a specific stadium from Japan.

We believe that people should be able to play Beybade the way they want to in unranked environments. The strict consistency in terms of the stadiums used required for ranked events is not needed, so just have fun!

Relaunching – Minor Update
We have updated one small section of the definition for "Relaunching". Previously, the rule stated:

Relaunching - Old Definition Excerpt Wrote:Bladers must request a relaunch immediately after the Beyblade leaves the launcher.

This has now been updated to:

Relaunching - New Definition Excerpt Wrote:Bladers must request a relaunch during the countdown or immediately afterwards.

This was done in order to exclude the possibility that a relaunch could be argued to not be valid if the Beyblade does not fall off the launcher. A launcher can malfunction in a way that is out of a player's control that causes the Beyblade to not leave the launcher, so a relaunch request should be legal.

Burst Classic Format Updates

[Image: KtdHeIj.png]

IMPORTANT Burst Classic Format: Ban List Updates
The following updates have been made to the Burst Classic Format ban list:

Illegal
Beyblade Burst Sparking – All Layers & Disks
Fusion'
Dragoon V
Draciel V
Driger V
Dranzer V
Gaia Dragoon V

Legal
Jormuntor J2
Dark Deathscyther

The ban of the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade "V" remakes and the Sparking Layer System has been implemented in order to maintain balance in metagame and the spirit of the format. All of these parts are either too heavy, powerful, or both to fit in with Burst Classic.

We have also changed the wording in the rulebook to specify exactly which remake Layers are legal. You can consider all remakes released in the future to be banned by default unless we announce otherwise.

Fusion’ has been banned due to its ability to perform very similarly to the currently banned Accel’ when the point of its tip is worn down. Recent tournament performance has also proven this.

Recent testing of Jormuntor J2 and Dark Deathscyther along with testing from last year of Jormuntor J2 has proven that both Layers deserve a chance to exist within Burst Classic Format. While both Layers do have respectable amounts of stamina and defense, testing suggests that they can be beat by other pure stamina and attack types effectively.

These bans will continue to be monitored over time and may be re-banned if they are proven to be too powerful in a tournament setting.

Burst Format Updates

[Image: ANcrIMF.png]

Burst Format: Deck Format – 1 Metal Chip Core Permitted Per Deck
Similar to our ruling for Metal God Chips, only one Metal Chip Core may be used in a deck during a Deck Format match.

Organizer’s Guide/Requirements Updates

[Image: WBO-Organizers-Guide.png]

IMPORTANT Under 18? Parent/Guardian Must Co-Host With You
If you are an Organizer under 18 years old, you must now be accompanied by a parent/guardian who is 18 or older during the event.

The full name and e-mail of the parent/guardian that will accompany you must be listed when submitting an Event Proposal. We will e-mail to confirm and require a response from them.

We have also updated the rules of the Schedule an Event forum to more clearly describe what is required in Event Proposals.

Planning Your Tournament – Confirmed Interest Requirement Removed
The requirement for confirmed interest of at least four people for whenever you submit an Organizer’s Quiz application or Event Proposal has now been lifted.

However, when posting an Event Proposal you must show that you have confirmed interest already secured or present a plan to promote your event to attract participants (eg. posting on social media, chat groups, event platforms, posting ads, etc).

Please note that this change only applies to event proposals, and it is still a requirement to have at least four participants on the day of the event.

Club Format Updates
The following updates have been made to Club Format:

• The number of Club Format events permitted per region each month has been reduced to 1 from 2.
  • The requirement to include a mandatory group photo along with your results spreadsheet has been lifted.
  • The "Club Ace" and "Club Master" Bits have been removed. The “Club Champion” Bit remains using the design of the “Club Master” Bit and will be awarded to Club Format event winners, similar to the Gold Bit for regular events.

Club Format was designed as a free-to-play option which could act both as an easy entry point for communities new to official WBO tournaments and as a last resort for events where less than eight participants show up (the minimum for ranked events).

However, we’ve decided to reduce the number of Club Format events permitted per region per month in preparation for future changes that will make it even easier to host tournaments of all kinds.

The mandatory group photo requirement was removed because with Blader Rewards/Credits no longer existing, there’s not really an incentive to try and game the system and pretend you’re hosting small events. So, we didn’t think the extra layer of verification was needed anymore.

In regards to Club Format Bits: while we still like the idea of the original system, looking at it now, it seems inefficient because we do not currently have a system in place to track total numbers of Club Format Wins among players. It would have to be done manually, which is very time consuming. At least with things like the Emerald Bit we can easily look at their profile and see they have 15 victories, for example.

Feedback?
If you have any feedback on these particular changes, or any questions or suggestions for further adjustments or additions, please post your thoughts below or in the WBO Organized Play Rules thread.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of WBO Organized Play! We appreciate any and all feedback and are always looking to improve and clarify things where possible.
I see this whole thing about Fusion' wearing down to essentially become Accel', and it brings forth a big question: can Zeta' in Stamina mode do the same if its point wears down too? If it can that may warrant a ban for similar reasoning.

Overall good changes though, and I'll be honest in saying I like seeing both Dark Deathscyther and Jormuntor J2 make their way in. They're both quite strong, but beatable.
Love the changes to unranked tournaments. Think this will help a lot of organizers, especially younger ones. Being able to use whatever stadium your have on hand is fantastic.

I like the idea of an adult/guardian accompanying younger organizers. There’s a whole host of reasons having an adult there will be beneficial.

J2 and Dark Deathscyther back in action is awesome. Love to see things get unbanned.

Metal chip core ruling was expected. Still don’t know how much they affect beys (I guess no one really does yet) but based on past precedent it makes sense.
SHREK YEAH!!!!! J2 UNBANNED!!!! THIS IS 🅱️PIC!!!!
(May. 20, 2020  6:01 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: I like the idea of an adult/guardian accompanying younger organizers. There’s a whole host of reasons having an adult there will be beneficial.

I mean, I'd hope that there'd always be a chaperone available when minors are involved, whether organizing, competing, or simply spectating. This does matter a ton though regarding the weight of organizing the whole event, and provides a nice backbone to fall onto should they find it a little too much to handle on their own. It's a big job in the end, but one worth doing.
Thank you for the updates!
(May. 20, 2020  5:59 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I see this whole thing about Fusion' wearing down to essentially become Accel', and it brings forth a big question: can Zeta' in Stamina mode do the same if its point wears down too? If it can that may warrant a ban for similar reasoning.

Rest assured, we've thought about this too and will be watching the situation closely. We're optimistic that this won't be necessary but we won't hesitate to address the situation in both Zeta' and Trans' if the situation unfortunately requires it.
(May. 20, 2020  10:05 AM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(May. 20, 2020  5:59 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I see this whole thing about Fusion' wearing down to essentially become Accel', and it brings forth a big question: can Zeta' in Stamina mode do the same if its point wears down too? If it can that may warrant a ban for similar reasoning.

Rest assured, we've thought about this too and will be watching the situation closely. We're optimistic that this won't be necessary but we won't hesitate to address the situation in both Zeta' and Trans' if the situation unfortunately requires it.

The current running theory is that even though Zeta' does have a Fusion tip which is almost the same size as Fusion', it may not actually be great at tornado stalling because of the added weight. If we're proven wrong, well, we're proven wrong. Likewise, Trans' is capable of Zephyr-like behavior, but its shape and rounded nature give a slightly different performance that doesn't excel at tornado stalling.

Feel free to test!
Very good stuff, loving the new stadium viability for unranked, it will let some new organizers get some footing with at least running an event until they get equipment to have a fully ranked event.
(May. 20, 2020  1:45 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(May. 20, 2020  10:05 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Rest assured, we've thought about this too and will be watching the situation closely. We're optimistic that this won't be necessary but we won't hesitate to address the situation in both Zeta' and Trans' if the situation unfortunately requires it.

The current running theory is that even though Zeta' does have a Fusion tip which is almost the same size as Fusion', it may not actually be great at tornado stalling because of the added weight. If we're proven wrong, well, we're proven wrong. Likewise, Trans' is capable of Zephyr-like behavior, but its shape and rounded nature give a slightly different performance that doesn't excel at tornado stalling.

Feel free to test!
My only question is wouldn't the stamina/defense mode on trans'/Zeta' be an issue? Like trans' stamina is nothing to sleep on, it's pretty impressive and while I wouldn't use it over R usually, the dash part makes it worth it. Same with Zeta, like the stamina is even better than Trans and it's dash. I'm surprised that hasn't gotten too OP. I could honestly see some D.G.T'/Zt' thing being really good.
(May. 21, 2020  2:30 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(May. 20, 2020  1:45 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: The current running theory is that even though Zeta' does have a Fusion tip which is almost the same size as Fusion', it may not actually be great at tornado stalling because of the added weight. If we're proven wrong, well, we're proven wrong. Likewise, Trans' is capable of Zephyr-like behavior, but its shape and rounded nature give a slightly different performance that doesn't excel at tornado stalling.

Feel free to test!
My only question is wouldn't the stamina/defense mode on trans'/Zeta' be an issue? Like trans' stamina is nothing to sleep on, it's pretty impressive and while I wouldn't use it over R usually, the dash part makes it worth it. Same with Zeta, like the stamina is even better than Trans and it's dash. I'm surprised that hasn't gotten too OP. I could honestly see some D.G.T'/Zt' thing being really good.
This might be true, but I put something dash on my Odin ONE TIME and a tooth melted.
(May. 20, 2020  6:06 AM)bladekid Wrote: SHREK YEAH!!!!! J2 UNBANNED!!!! THIS IS 🅱️PIC!!!!

You have no idea how happy i am...

GET OUDDA HERE TORNADO YEGDRION!

also the stadium thing means the practice and other carp i do in my stadium is now more meaningful...

WBO IS THE BEST!

Can i get a JAIL YEAH?
(May. 21, 2020  6:39 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote:
(May. 20, 2020  6:06 AM)bladekid Wrote: SHREK YEAH!!!!! J2 UNBANNED!!!! THIS IS 🅱️PIC!!!!

You have no idea how happy i am...

GET OUDDA HERE TORNADO YEGDRION!

also the stadium thing means the practice and other carp i do in my stadium is now more meaningful...

WBO IS THE BEST!

Can i get a JAIL YEAH?
Jail yeah!
remind me why fusion' is banned cause i don't really follow up on tournament rules cause i don't usually go to them
(May. 22, 2020  6:34 PM)heroalexander05 Wrote: remind me why fusion' is banned cause i don't really follow up on tournament rules cause i don't usually go to them

I think all dash (') drivers are banned in burst classic.
(May. 22, 2020  6:36 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote:
(May. 22, 2020  6:34 PM)heroalexander05 Wrote: remind me why fusion' is banned cause i don't really follow up on tournament rules cause i don't usually go to them

oh ok thanks for clarifying
(May. 22, 2020  6:36 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote:

That is not true.
(May. 22, 2020  6:42 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(May. 22, 2020  6:36 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: I think all dash (') drivers are banned in burst classic.
That is not true.

oh ok. then sry heroalexander05.
I think it's because Fusion' wears down to be Accel' which is banned.
These rules changes are really good. I live in a smaller northern Canadian city, and lifting some restrictions for unranked, and also the club format should help with getting some more organized play here. We have a lot of Beyblade players here, but having smaller and less frequent events, and any stadium for unranked (when life is allowed again) will help a lot!
(May. 22, 2020  6:50 PM)FreeFafnir64 Wrote: I think it's because Fusion' wears down to be Accel' which is banned.

It is exactly this, yes.
If I'm reading the new unranked stadium usage rule correctly, this would allow for something like Burst in a Zero-G Stadium, correct?
(May. 27, 2020  3:53 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: If I'm reading the new unranked stadium usage rule correctly, this would allow for something like Burst in a Zero-G Stadium, correct?

Chocked_2 I need to see that happen lol
(May. 27, 2020  3:53 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: If I'm reading the new unranked stadium usage rule correctly, this would allow for something like Burst in a Zero-G Stadium, correct?

As long as everyone knows what the stadiums are ahead of time, silly as this sounds... I don't see why not.
Zero G burst, now that is kinda epic