WBO Organized Play Rule Updates Dec 2019: BST Deck KOs Now 1pt, HyperSphere BSC Ban

Outlined below are several important new ruling additions, updates, and clarifications to some WBO Organized Play rulebooks and the Organizers' Guide. View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here, and a summary of the changes below:

Updates Overview
  • IMPORTANT: Burst Format: Final Stage – Deck Format: KOs Now Worth 1 Point
  • IMPORTANT: Burst Classic Format: All HyperSphere Drivers Banned (Effective December 23, 2019)

IMPORTANT: Burst Format: Final Stage – Deck Format KOs Now Worth 1 Point
Knock-outs in Deck Format for Burst Format are now worth one point instead of two.

With the release of Layer Bases like Judgment and Zwei in 2019, the ease with which knock-outs can be achieved is now much higher than it has been in years past for Beyblade Burst. As a result, Deck Format battles were beginning to make it more difficult for players to make strategic decisions and respond to their opponent's choices in a meaningful way because battles were ending so quickly. We hope that this change will allow for players to engage in more exciting and strategic battles moving forward!

We will continue to evaluate this change and other potential changes moving forward to ensure that we are presenting rules which allow for the best possible competitive experience.

Note: To be clear, this change does not currently apply to Burst Classic Format where Deck Format KOs are still worth two points. We will be discussing this in the near future and will post an update if a change is made.

IMPORTANT: Burst Classic Format: All HyperSphere Drivers Banned
Effective December 23, 2019, all HyperSphere Drivers will be banned from Burst Classic Format.

Much is still unknown about these Drivers given how relatively new they are, but members of the Organized Play team tested and identified that at least a few of them are a bit too powerful for the format and would become an unhealthy centralizing force if allowed. For now, we have decided to ban all of them, but this ban will be evaluated and refined as further testing is conducted.

Feedback?
If you have any feedback on these particular changes, or any questions or suggestions for further adjustments or additions, please post your thoughts below or in the WBO Organized Play Rules thread.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of WBO Organized Play! We appreciate any and all feedback and are always looking to improve and clarify things where possible.
I am glad something was done for knockouts, especially with Zwei and Judgement and their frequency of KOs.
Noooo! I loved getting an easy win, now i have to burst them now! pulls out a Judgement Diabolos
i think my work better for other player compete versus Zwei or judgment
Honestly, I'm perfectly fine with the KO rule change. It's less confusing for newer and younger players, especially because the format is already pretty easy to understand due to there being not bans. Also, I'm curious which of the HyperSphere Drivers were determined to be too powerful. I'm assuming something like Keep, Rise, or even Coil, but all of them act so similarly.
Without a doubt deck format feels considerably better than it did prior to this. I've always enjoyed deck format play but now that I can play and get a sense of counter-play instead of gambling against attackers really makes the five points feel like a competition between two others instead of just having a small pool of beys to pick from which all lose quick if one struggles. I would one day love to see a full tournament played in the style of this deck format.
Well that is a relief it is good that that rule changes it really broke things
Please Ban Generate Driver & Dragoon Victory for BsC because they're used metal so would be too Op.
(Dec. 27, 2019  7:05 AM)Dr.Bright Wrote: Please Ban Generate Driver & Dragoon Victory for BsC because they're used metal so would be too Op.

I’m guessing they will be banned. I
burst classic banlist isn't shown correctly. All HyperSphere Drivers contain either allowed & banned
(Dec. 27, 2019  1:11 PM)Dr.Bright Wrote: burst classic banlist isn't shown correctly. All HyperSphere Drivers contain either allowed & banned

What they probably meant to say is that the Hypersphere drivers appear in both the Legal Parts section and the Banned Parts section. Kei they should only be in one in the Burst Classic rules.
Well, that's a nice update
(Dec. 27, 2019  1:43 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2019  1:11 PM)Dr.Bright Wrote: burst classic banlist isn't shown correctly. All HyperSphere Drivers contain either allowed & banned

What they probably meant to say is that the Hypersphere drivers appear in both the Legal Parts section and the Banned Parts section. Kei they should only be in one in the Burst Classic rules.

Where does it appear in the Legal Parts section of the BSC rulebook? The only error I just saw and fixed was that HyperSphere Drivers were still mentioned as an example in the Deck building section about repeating parts between Hasbro/TT.

Also, I added in Generate and Dragoon V to the banned parts section for Burst Classic. Pretty safe to assume they would be too powerful, so I think it’s fair to ban them like we did for Gaia Dragoon, Hybrid, etc at least for now.
Well, it's gone now. It was there earlier. Update files on phones I guess!
Both of the links to view the rule books go to burst classic. Should probably be fixed.
KO Rule is a welcome change. Should add a little depth in Top4/Top8.
Assault' (Dash) (α') is would be too powerful for use BsC Format.

Please Ban Goku (極) Weight for standard & classic Burst Format it'd be too expense to obtain one
(Jan. 04, 2020  9:41 AM)Dr.Bright Wrote: Please Ban Goku (極) Weight for standard & classic Burst Format it'd be too expense to obtain one
That's not a reason to ban something. There are a few people in the WBO who already have. And as they tell it, the part doesn't seem too overpowered, and sometimes Diabolos 1 is better. If their aim was to ban all parts that weren't readily accessible to all people, TT parts would have been banned ages ago. Smile

Also, layer weights are already effectively banned in Classic.

Welcome to WBO! But, all of your existing posts are either "ban this" or "ban that". What's going on here? Why are you so concerned about these?
(Jan. 04, 2020  1:45 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2020  9:41 AM)Dr.Bright Wrote: Please Ban Goku (極) Weight for standard & classic Burst Format it'd be too expense to obtain one
That's not a reason to ban something. There are a few people in the WBO who already have. And as they tell it, the part doesn't seem too overpowered, and sometimes Diabolos 1 is better.

Welcome to WBO! But, all of your existing posts are either "ban this" or "ban that". What's going on here? Why are you so concerned about these?

Well, I will say that level chips were banned for being hard to obtain and expensive, so technically Goku could be banned. It is a bit weird all his posts are about banning something.
(Jan. 04, 2020  1:52 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2020  1:45 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: That's not a reason to ban something. There are a few people in the WBO who already have. And as they tell it, the part doesn't seem too overpowered, and sometimes Diabolos 1 is better.

Well, I will say that level chips were banned for being hard to obtain and expensive, so technically Goku could be banned. It is a bit weird all his posts are about banning something.

Yes but that rule was short lived. If it were to make beyblades OP with little accessibility to them then they would have to be banned. They figured out later on when they became more accessible that they didn't affect the preforance too much. @offical zankye from Canada and Shindog from California have it currently. There has been mutilpe testings of that in tournament play and as DeceasedCrab said. Diabolos is better at sometimes but mostly equivalent it in power.
(Jan. 04, 2020  2:04 PM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2020  1:52 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Well, I will say that level chips were banned for being hard to obtain and expensive, so technically Goku could be banned. It is a bit weird all his posts are about banning something.

Yes but that rule was short lived. If it were to make beyblades OP with little accessibility to them then they would have to be banned. They figured out later on when they became more accessible that they didn't affect the preforance too much. @offical zankye from Canada and Shindog from California have it currently. There has been mutilpe testings of that in tournament play and as DeceasedCrab said. Diabolos is better at sometimes but mostly equivalent it in power.

That’s why I said it could be banned, although there’s no good reason to do it.
My hs charge seems fine and not to overpowered
Well now a less efficient way to kill Bearing combos. Great.
I like the change. I think 1 point KOs are the way to go.
Honestly, I can see Assault' possibly being banned after testing in Burst Classic. I think Trans' will get banned though, especially given from recent tournament results where it overwhelming dominated (and rubber attack drivers were nowhere to be found).