Recent Beyblade Purchases

Received the last of my monthly orders from my middleman today!
  • Second full set of RBV10
  • Bloody Longinus x3
  • B-112 LR Launcher x2
  • Gold Winning Valkyrie layer
  • Dranzer F Metal Red/Phoenix version
  • NIB Gigars
[Image: tumblr_inline_p8w5k5S9os1sdmo8c_540.jpg]

Gold wV and Dranzer F are absolutely stunning in person. Pictures don't do them justice. Stoked to have picked up a Gigars as well! 3/5 done, gonna hope it doesn't take me another couple years to find Venus and Apollon. Though I do have a violet Apollon in-transit, aha... 

Also still waiting on an Evil Legend Spriggan layer, BeyLogger Plus (honestly, a legit one at $6CAD for collection purposes was a done deal), Wolborg 1, Burst Draciel S, a second Red Metal Dranzer F, and two Screw Tridents (again, at $7CAD, I'm going for it and one is for a giveaway).

Can't state enough how unusual and expensive a month this was for me with a few preorder mishaps, one of which landed me with nine bL copies:

[Image: tumblr_inline_p8w5ny9uYk1sdmo8c_540.jpg]

Some will be going to a giveaway and some will likely be sold/traded. It's times like this I wish I had friends into Beyblade or getting to Toronto being more accessible to spread the love. ?
I got a Hyrus H2 from Walmart today.
(May. 21, 2018  3:49 AM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: Finally found the king and queen of rare Beyblades:

[Image: gL8WYnT.jpg]

Wow, massive congrats! They're gorgeous! If it's cool to ask, how long did it take you to find them?
Of course it's cool. I started collecting "plastic gen" late last year, so I would say, not too long. I found Ocean Wrath G in a bulk eBay listing and Thunder Pegasus on Yahoo Auctions (using ZenMarket). Both are doable, but might be really pricey.
(May. 21, 2018  2:09 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: Of course it's cool. I started collecting "plastic gen" late last year, so I would say, not too long. I found Ocean Wrath G in a bulk eBay listing and Thunder Pegasus on Yahoo Auctions (using ZenMarket). Both are doable, but might be really pricey.

Thank you, that's really helpful to know. Joyful_3 That sounds like an excellent time-frame and glad to hear these aren't totally unobtainable. That Ocean Wrath G looks like it's in great condition! Very happy for you! Definitely one of my top five plastics. When I stepped back into seriously collecting plastics, I accepted the prices that come with it, aha. Gotta finish up the expensive plastic wants and stick to Burst. ?
[Image: vhjkdsD.jpg]
[Image: IJivH40.jpg]

Love the addition of the engine gears. I actually prefer this method for Death Gargoyle (as opposed to Dark Effigy G, which the colour is... off)
@[KinkoUsagi] that is a mighty fine looking Galeon 2, that Death Gargoyle custom you made isn't bad either. Glad you used the show accurate black Metal Driger BB for the Galeon 2, I've seen some use the non show accurate Zeus EG base instead.
[Image: tRVcACl.jpg]

First time in a while I've actually found a store in Toronto which had any Hasbro Beyblade Burst in stock! Picked up a few things for myself, friends, and future tournament prizes. Also picked up Hell Salamander today too.

I'm still really confused with how the abbreviations for some of these new original Hasbro Beyblades is supposed to work ... like Diomedes D2 vs. Doomscizor D2.
(Jun. 03, 2018  4:37 AM)Kei Wrote: I'm still really confused with how the abbreviations for some of these new original Hasbro Beyblades is supposed to work ... like Diomedes D2 vs. Doomscizor D2.
I was kinda confused about that same thing not too long ago as well. So when I was doing tests for the Hasbro Exclusives, I decided to use (Hasbro Exclusive) or (HE) when referring to Diomedes D2 or Hyrus H2 to help prevent confusion and stuff.
To be fair, TT has its share of repeats for layers. DG and dα come to mind.

Just have to kind of modify them or add some clarifying text with it. Can't fully rely on abbreviations, but languages can be that way.
Here we go again. Joyful_3

[Image: 2gJEEhN.jpg]
A while ago I posted pics of a plastic gen tournament booklet. I bought it at a super cheap price, and made an album of scans if anyone is interested.

https://imgur.com/a/rcuQ1tj

[Image: U4cqlYe.jpg]
(Jun. 05, 2018  7:03 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: Here we go again. Joyful_3

Who did you buy the stadiums from? Could you provide a link?
(Jun. 05, 2018  7:03 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: Here we go again. Joyful_3

It's like a mountain of beyblades 

I am jealous now
(Jun. 10, 2018  6:58 AM)SP451 Wrote: A while ago I posted pics of a plastic gen tournament booklet. I bought it at a super cheap price, and made an album of scans if anyone is interested.

Thank you so much for uploading a full scan! It's super interesting to rifle through such an old booklet Smile

Bought some really cool beys: Spriggan Requiem (yeah, a bit late now, I know) and Desert Sphinxer in awesome condition! Grin
Got some gorgeous pieces in the mail today:

[Image: tumblr_inline_pa8uj75PzT1sdmo8c_500.jpg]

Holy Grail achieved!! To say I'm happy would be a definite understatement, I've been after some of these for years on and off. Waiting on a Venus to complete the Justice Five set, a Dragoon MSUV, and the Crimson White & Crystal Blue Drain Fafnirs. Lots of rare stuff going for decent prices this summer. ?
Seriously, where are people getting these black Galeon 2's lately?! And how are people able to afford them ;_;
(Jun. 13, 2018  5:50 AM)sonyat Wrote: Got some gorgeous pieces in the mail today:

[Image: tumblr_inline_pa8uj75PzT1sdmo8c_500.jpg]

Holy Grail achieved!! To say I'm happy would be a definite understatement, I've been after some of these for years on and off. Waiting on a Venus to complete the Justice Five set, a Dragoon MSUV, and the Crimson White & Crystal Blue Drain Fafnirs. Lots of rare stuff going for decent prices this summer. ?

(Jun. 13, 2018  6:51 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Seriously, where are people getting these black Galeon 2's lately?! And how are people able to afford them ;_;

I was about to ask the exact same question, but I'm just speechless. Sooo jealous. If you'd give me your address, sonyat, I would definitely not steel your beyblade collection in the middle of the night. Defninitely not.
(Jun. 13, 2018  8:53 AM)Howaitonekon Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2018  6:51 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Seriously, where are people getting these black Galeon 2's lately?! And how are people able to afford them ;_;

I was about to ask the exact same question, but I'm just speechless. Sooo jealous. If you'd give me your address, sonyat, I would definitely not steel your beyblade collection in the middle of the night. Defninitely not.

Ha, I've got some questions regarding rarity, scarcity, pricing, and trading of Plastics myself, but that's for a Q&A post or discussion later on. I get most of my stuff off of Yahoo Japan Auctions or Mandarake; eBay is just too expensive in most cases. Honestly, if I had the sheer amount of money to burn, I would've been able to finish my entire OG collection these past few weeks—including Thunder Pegasus, good god—with the sudden influx of IMO fairly priced rare beys on YJA. The only ones I paid a higher price for were Venus (had to do it, patience ran out and was too excited about Apollon, lmao) and MSUV which was probably the lowest I was going to find it NIB unless I found a saint to buy from.

@[Jinbee], I'm not sure how much Galeon 2 usually goes for as prices are all over the place the more research I try to do (with all Plastics and HMS tbh, thus wanting to seek out some guidance from more experienced folks). I paid roughly 10k yen for NIP and I imagine anyone whose currency is faring better will get it for cheaper than me. In regards to affording these, I'm cutting back and getting out of other hobbies so I can justify collector's pieces like these better, aha.

So this might be going too far and it's entirely understandable if I'm offering too much what with being more of a shy lurker, but I genuinely don't mind trying to help people find rare stuff within their price ranges if I have the means to do so. If there's a cap on how much you're willing to pay for a bey you've been after for a long time and the difference isn't too much, I truly don't mind helping out provided the person is comfortable with it and I'm able. I can also pick up stuff and hold onto it if I find it for a good price/your desired price. I just really enjoy helping people and know the feel of being after something for so long all too well. :') If either of you ever want to take me up on that offer, feel free to PM me any time and I'll do my best. Hopefully you won't wanna nab my collection overnight if I can help you out, Howaitonekon. Tongue_out_wink

Oof, this got long, sorry folks!
OEM Korean cases! Nice. Shame I'll have to rip them apart to get at the boosters :(
I love finding new old-stock ^_^

[Image: ODiypTj.jpg]

[Image: 7MIARze.jpg]
picked up 4 random booster 10 today ! Got 2 of the sieg excaliburs a winning valk and a lost longinus
Finally found a sealed case of RBV10 ^_^
24 beautiful boosters.
Perfect allocation! 3 of each bey ;)

[Image: h4x8qAO.jpg]

[Image: FfCM9fn.jpg]

[Image: KUq4whe.jpg]