Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

(Feb. 03, 2014  1:43 AM)Nano Wrote:
(Feb. 03, 2014  1:24 AM)MidnightLWBO Wrote: I'm not too afraid, actually, since I did win first place for my entire school last year. Then I came fourth in a legion I needed to go to as well. That was the worst six hours of my life. xd
Don't join Speech and Debate then. I spent around 30 hours of my time this weekend at a tournament spread out over two days.
The tournament wasn't set up too well, but it wasn't too bad. At least I got my NFL card on Friday, so that's pretty cool.

True. Debate tournaments are GRUELING. Had one at Depaul a few weeks back. Had to miss a day of school to go, and it still lasted until 9 on that first day and 8:30 on the second for prelims. Only to get eliminated in octofinals. (On a BS decision, but...) Though thirty hours is a lot. (I've gone 20-25, but thirty is just insane.)
(Feb. 03, 2014  3:09 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote:
(Feb. 03, 2014  3:03 AM)ryukiba Wrote: I got this game Flappy Bird from the App Store and it's hard! I've only gotten up to 5!Tired

I got 10! It's so amazing and addictive *_*

Yeah but it's so hard!Unhappy
(Feb. 03, 2014  3:10 AM)ryukiba Wrote:
(Feb. 03, 2014  3:09 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote:
(Feb. 03, 2014  3:03 AM)ryukiba Wrote: I got this game Flappy Bird from the App Store and it's hard! I've only gotten up to 5!Tired

I got 10! It's so amazing and addictive *_*

Yeah but it's so hard!Unhappy
Dear god I hate that game! I got 13 on it and deleted it. My whole school is obsessed with it though...
That bird messes with you. I don't even think it's a bird, I mean it's mouth is the size of its body! I bet it's a Gulpin looking for some fame or something.
(Feb. 03, 2014  3:09 AM)Temporal Wrote: True. Debate tournaments are GRUELING. Had one at Depaul a few weeks back. Had to miss a day of school to go, and it still lasted until 9 on that first day and 8:30 on the second for prelims. Only to get eliminated in octofinals. (On a BS decision, but...) Though thirty hours is a lot. (I've gone 20-25, but thirty is just insane.)

A normal tournament here is one most of the time. We meet up in the morning at 6am to catch the bus, and usually get back anywhere from 9-11.
The one this weekend was stupid. We met at 12, got back at the meetup place at 11 on the first day. Then the second we met at 6:30am and got home again at around 11pm.
If you don't count the drive time, it was around a 30 hour long tournament.
I wasn't sure if this went in the WBO random thoughts or here... But anyways;

I'm on a search for funny quotes for my sig! Most if them are Dual quotes atm.....XD funny stuff
I think that'd go in WBO thoughts.

Um... Dragon... Um... King, where's my funny quote? The nerve of some people Serious
You gotta step it up " L ". My home made medicine for humour is a glass of orange juice, a nice large hat, and some Swiss chocolate.
Ok this is why I'm not given much sugar.
So I was in religion class today, and I had missed an assignment, so I went to talk to my teacher about it. When i told him about it, he said he remembered grading it. Which is strange considering I never...turned it in. But ok, apparently I write wonderful nonexistent essays.
@L: I would have quoted that but it has an emoticon...XD
You can edit quotes y'know.
(Feb. 03, 2014  8:13 PM)Dual Wrote: You can edit quotes y'know.

It's unnatural, it's like taking a polar bear and putting it in a dessert. I only change quotes to mess w/ ppl in PMs Tongue_out

EDIT: *Tries to act like I meant to put "Dessert" and not "Desert"*
(Feb. 03, 2014  8:17 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote:
(Feb. 03, 2014  8:13 PM)Dual Wrote: You can edit quotes y'know.
It's unnatural, it's like taking a polar bear and putting it in a dessert. I only change quotes to mess w/ ppl in PMs
Au contraire mon tres bon frere, a polar bear smoothie sounds great right about now.
I believe you meant desert though.

Anyway, this is getting a bit off-topic.
Who else is pumped for the Lego Movie? Tongue_out

"We'll wing it... that's a Bat Pegasus-Pun."
Hey, guys? Remember that girl I wanted to ask to the dance? I got utterly rejected :\. But who cares, I've got a b-day to attend to on Valentines anyway.
@L
Sorry to burst your happy bubble, but I hate Lego. I just never found it fun. The parts got super boring. I don't know how people can like it, haha.

I don't mean any offense to Lego fans at all. I'm just stating my opinion.
(Feb. 05, 2014  4:07 AM)" L Wrote: Sorry to burst your happy bubble, but I hate Lego. I just never found it fun. The parts got super boring. I don't know how people can like it, haha.

Well, did you really need to word it like that?

My "bubble" is still happy, as this movie is probably one I've been the most excited for in a long time. Tongue_out
(Feb. 05, 2014  4:03 AM)Leone19 Wrote:

Lego Animation is nothing but lazy.. I'm sorry but its a total abomination of the art form. A movie consisting of nothing but logos take only the most simplistic animations, there motions are limited. There expressions are a cop out, simple mouthed. only 12 faces. And everything is the exact same texture!!

take a look at some of the crazy calculations needed for Frozen
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17gbqj...shortfilms

now that's art..

Edit The toys, another story. Love them
Word it like what? I just don't like Lego just my opinion.

Though, have a good time watching it.
(Feb. 05, 2014  4:12 AM)The Bishop Wrote:
(Feb. 05, 2014  4:03 AM)Leone19 Wrote:

Lego Animation is nothing but lazy.. I'm sorry but its a total abomination of the art form. A movie consisting of nothing but logos take only the most simplistic animations, there motions are limited. There expressions are a cop out, simple mouthed. only 12 faces. And everything is the exact same texture!!

take a look at some of the crazy calculations needed for Frozen
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17gbqj...shortfilms

now that's art..

I respect your opinions, but;

I think you're missing a point, haha.

The film itself if supposed to resemble stop-motion/Lego's themselves. It's not really "lazy", once you think about why it's that way.

A film can't merely be judged on it's animation, either. You can call the animation "lazy" if you choose, but have you seen the movie? Is it a good story, writing, message, etc.? These factors and the animation make the movie, not just the animation.

The art of film goes a lot more beyond just the animation. Tongue_out

If it were in Frozen's animation style, I doubt it'd be called "The Lego Movie". Tongue_out
(Feb. 05, 2014  4:07 AM)" L Wrote: Sorry to burst your happy bubble, but I hate Lego. I just never found it fun. The parts got super boring. I don't know how people can like it, haha.

Aw, Bionicles were my life as a kid. I still enjoy Lego beyblades.

Some of the sets are quite absurd, I'll give you that much, but the concept of Lego is terrific, in my opinion.

Well,it's not really bursting his bubble since your stating your opinion.

The Frozen discussion: this was probably one of my favorite Disney movies. It did have a bit too much singing, but the songs weren't super annoying.
On another, more random note, anyone remember Kids Next Door?

Man, I loved that show. It was on CN the other day and I couldn't believe it. I've been rewatching it online since. Tongue_out

I love how Number 2's real name was Hoagie. Tongue_out
(Feb. 05, 2014  4:42 AM)Leone19 Wrote: On another, more random note, anyone remember Kids Next Door?

Man, I loved that show. It was on CN the other day and I couldn't believe it. I've been rewatching it online since. Tongue_out

I love how Number 2's real name was Hoagie. Tongue_out

Its pretty good Smile, i love how the kids memory gets erased when they turn into teenagers XD. They play a re-run on CN everyday IIRC.
As a fan of lego, I'm not really excited about the film and I probably won't see it, because I like lego as a toy and I just don't get making a movie about it at all, nor why I'd go see that instead of buying a new lego set for around the same price as movie tickets cost nowadays.
I'm totally stoked for the LEGO movie. I love that they went stop-motion for it, and the voice actors cast are pretty awesome. Morgan Freeman alone is worth the price of admission.

Fortunately our local movie theater has sensory-friendly showings on Saturday mornings for $5 per person, and you can bring your own food. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll be making it out to the movies with a new baby in the house Smile

Quote:On another, more random note, anyone remember Kids Next Door?

I do, but I mostly remember Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, and Samurai Jack Smile
So far, I'm excited for the Lego Movie. I played lego since I was a kid. When I got my first lego bag (It was a bag with random parts in it) I literally spent days making new stuff with it. I think that attitude passed down to my GFX skills XD

The number 1 reason why Im anticipating the Lego Movie is NOT because it's lego, but it STILL retains a score of 100% on Rotten Tomatoes (since yesterday). The only movies that achieved this (w/ the same genre w/ The LM) is Toy Story 1-3, and a few others I forgot the name off...