Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

It's all about mentality. I'm 15 and I'm more of a kid than my 12 year old sister (don't get any ideas Shiny XD).
I'm already looking into getting a job. I don't really have time to be a kid. I like to think I'm grown up though. After all; Childhood does come once, but it can be boring. Though, my 16 year old sister still acts like a kid, haha.
It's funny how my room is, compared to my two sister's rooms!XD my room has Beyblades and 1 bottle of perfume(lolTongue_out) while my two sisters, which are 11 and 9, have nail polish at least 5 bottles of perfume, and all that other girly girl stuffTired
My 4 year old brother have more fun with each other because he loves Beyblades and those Beyraiders!Grin so I'm a tomboyGrin
Dual I promise on my heart XD
@Everyone else Don't get me wrong, I love candy. But here, this girl, she's more mature than anyone I've known. And I know I'm 12. But, honestly, my mentality is higher than the average 6th grader/12-year old, so I'm past the age of GIMME CANDY, and I've been like this since...11 years old and I have not yet gotten my heart-broken. So that about sums it up.
(Jan. 31, 2014  4:26 AM)Naijalak Wrote: Get yourself one of these:

[Image: 010609.jpg]

And you'll be all set.
My ex got me one of those last year when we were still dating. Holy cow those are giant. I had to use a knife to get pieces off, hah. But it sure was yummy.
From a biological standpoint, society is actually moving closer to what one would expect from a developmental standpoint on dating ages etc.

As someone who dated at a relatively young age, I was really no worse off for it. The key, as with many things in life, is to decide for yourself what feels right for you. If that means a relationship at 13, then so be it - it's rare, but I've seen them last.
I swear this thread always ends up coming back to the whole dating and love thing XD

Also, the only reason I remember when Valentine's Day is, is because on the 15th, chocolates go on sale.

Last but not least, I always enjoy those terribly made and cheesy fandom related Valentines cards written in comic sans that start circulating on tumblr and the internet in and around February.

February is a cool month, I always treat it like the last month of winter even though March is relatively cold still. I don't know ... it is like the final stretch \(T∇T)/

Speaking of the large Kisses chocolates, I don't like them at all. In my mind, Kisses (and Hugs) were meant to be small and they melt easier in your mouth that way. The huge chunks of chocolates from the big ones are just???

Yeah.

One last thing, has anyone heard anything from Duck? She's been "missing" from here, the Beywheelz forum and even deleted her tumblr without saying anything. Another member and I had talked about it some time ago but neither of us knew where she went. I just hope she's alright, considering she was kinda mopey when she talked to me a couple weeks before she left. It has almost been a year now since I last saw her active anywhere.

:\
(Feb. 01, 2014  4:14 AM)sarabscientist Wrote: One last thing, has anyone heard anything from Duck? She's been "missing" from here, the Beywheelz forum and even deleted her tumblr without saying anything. Another member and I had talked about it some time ago but neither of us knew where she went. I just hope she's alright, considering she was kinda mopey when she talked to me a couple weeks before she left. It has almost been a year now since I last saw her active anywhere.

Did anyone have her on MSN/AIM/whatever, or Facebook ? If she deleted her tumblr, at least chances are that it was something personal, and not from a third, stranger party.
(Feb. 01, 2014  4:27 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2014  4:14 AM)sarabscientist Wrote: One last thing, has anyone heard anything from Duck? She's been "missing" from here, the Beywheelz forum and even deleted her tumblr without saying anything. Another member and I had talked about it some time ago but neither of us knew where she went. I just hope she's alright, considering she was kinda mopey when she talked to me a couple weeks before she left. It has almost been a year now since I last saw her active anywhere.

Did anyone have her on MSN/AIM/whatever, or Facebook ? If she deleted her tumblr, at least chances are that it was something personal, and not from a third, stranger party.

I don't think I will get into too much detail but among the things we (I & the other friends) discussed, here are some excerpts:

Quote:Me and ______ both considered her a really good friend, but in February she deleted or emptied all her accounts without a single word of warning. I’ve sent her messages on all platforms that at least still had her, but despite changing one of her usernames afterwards, so having been on shortly, she never messaged me and told me what happened.

I thought maybe her parents suddenly got paranoid about her internet habits, since they sounded very conservative, but the again given how much online freedom she had before that sounds… odd.

[...]

Someone just… disappearing is kind of terrifying, but Duck /likes/ the internet and the people she met here, so I feel she will come back sooner or later.

I really wish I had gotten in closer touch with her. I kinda feel bad now for ignoring her when she did try to initiate conversation. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but yeah I hope she is alright :s
Last I remember of her was her doing a really awesome job in the singing contest, but never showing up after we announced she'd won.
Seriously? Oh, geez. I remember Duck signing up for PenPad (writing site I made for some of the members here), but she only posted a few times. (Twice, IIRC.) Haven't heard from her since. Hopefully, she's okay. I agree, this sort of disappearing act is strange. As odd as it seems, I guess I hope she just moved on, rather than something happening.
For the past 48 hours or so, China and many parts of Asia went all out in celebration of the Lunar New Year. Tons of firecrackers and fireworks were set off to welcome in the new year.

According to legend, firecrackers are said to scare away a mythical monster called the nián ("Year"). One night, as "Year" was about approach a village, it was scared by the crackling sound of burning bamboos the villagers used to warm themselves. Burning bamboos have since evolved into firecrackers. Nowadays, it remains as a major tradition to fend off "evil spirits" that may come in the coming new year.

Among other customs of the Lunar New Year, family feast is a must. Families travel and gather around for a big feast. For some, they travel great distances for this very occasion, and for a few, it is the only time in a year where they get to see their families.

I'm curious, how is the Lunar New Year celebrated in your country? If any at all?
Sometimes libraries etc will make paper lanterns to celebrate "Chinese New Year", and in Primary School there's usually something about it in class. Aside from that, it gets reported on the news every so often, but for the most part the wider community does nothing (and also seem to think it's specific to China).
Ahh I see, perhaps the chinatown part of the cities are more festive in western countries?

For my own family, we went out for dinner on the eve of (usually just the close family, ie; parents, siblings, nephews, nieces). On the day of the New Year, all the extended family members head out to the "eldest" living relative's house, which happens to be my father. We had a huge lunch, caught up with each other, and passed around red pockets for the children. We then went to my wife's family's house and did the same thing. By 4-5 pm, I could barely stand up from all the food I ate.
In India(or at least in Maharashtra), the lunar(Ok, not exactly lunar, but close enough) new year is celebrated by the name Gudhi Padva.
The wikipedia article explains it quite well and I'm terrible at explaining things anyway, so yeah, just read the article if interested.
Uwik, you probably know how it turns out over here, hahah.

We go around, meeting relatives and close friends, share meals, talk, play card games (for me at least), and of course, exchange angpao.
(Feb. 01, 2014  7:02 AM)Uwik Wrote: Ahh I see, perhaps the chinatown part of the cities are more festive in western countries?

For my own family, we went out for dinner on the eve of (usually just the close family, ie; parents, siblings, nephews, nieces). On the day of the New Year, all the extended family members head out to the "eldest" living relative's house, which happens to be my father. We had a huge lunch, caught up with each other, and passed around red pockets for the children. We then went to my wife's family's house and did the same thing. By 4-5 pm, I could barely stand up from all the food I ate.

From what I hear, it's big in Chinatowns in other places and from what I gather families from areas that celebrate it continue to do so for multiple generations in other countries, but I don't think we have a Chinatown where I am (Australia for the most part is pretty "well mixed" you could say) and the latter isn't something I get to see unless I'm hanging out with a few specific friends at the right time of the year, which so far hasn't *really* happened much.

Sounds basically like Christmas over here in terms of the celebrations and family events, haha (and just as much of a great time, I have a big love for things like that), especially the eating Grin
(Feb. 01, 2014  7:02 AM)Uwik Wrote: Ahh I see, perhaps the chinatown part of the cities are more festive in western countries?
I went to the chinatown part of Portland once. Never again will I go. At least not with my DLSR around my neck. It just felt so scary, thought something bad was going to happen.
Portland is full of weird people, and not just the normal "Portland weird" type either.
(Feb. 02, 2014  8:50 PM)Nano Wrote:
I went to the chinatown part of Portland once. Never again will I go. At least not with my DLSR around my neck. It just felt so scary, thought something bad was going to happen.
Portland is full of weird people, and not just the normal "Portland weird" type either.

How do you figure? The Chinatown in LA is awful, all the bums go there and poison the city (We have a severe Flu outbreak with over 140 deaths) I guess the Skid Row is also infected...
(Feb. 03, 2014  12:05 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2014  8:50 PM)Nano Wrote:

How do you figure? The Chinatown in LA is awful, all the bums go there and poison the city (We have a severe Flu outbreak with over 140 deaths) I guess the Skid Row is also infected...
Well that sucks. I'm not going to lie, I'd be scared out of my mind if I was you.

Also, I'm presenting a speech in front of my class tomorrow. Wish me luck guys. Smile
I would give you advice on how to not be scared for your speech, but since I've never been in a scenario where I was scared to give one, I can't.

I'm great with speaking in front of people usually. Hell, I sing out loud in class all the time.
(Feb. 03, 2014  1:20 AM)Tri Wrote: I would give you advice on how to not be scared for your speech, but since I've never been in a scenario where I was scared to give one, I can't.

I'm great with speaking in front of people usually. Hell, I sing out loud in class all the time.
I'm not too afraid, actually, since I did win first place for my entire school last year. Then I came fourth in a legion I needed to go to as well. That was the worst six hours of my life. xd
(Feb. 03, 2014  1:24 AM)MidnightLWBO Wrote: I'm not too afraid, actually, since I did win first place for my entire school last year. Then I came fourth in a legion I needed to go to as well. That was the worst six hours of my life. xd
Don't join Speech and Debate then. I spent around 30 hours of my time this weekend at a tournament spread out over two days.
The tournament wasn't set up too well, but it wasn't too bad. At least I got my NFL card on Friday, so that's pretty cool.
I got this game Flappy Bird from the App Store and it's hard! I've only gotten up to 5!Tired
(Feb. 03, 2014  3:03 AM)ryukiba Wrote: I got this game Flappy Bird from the App Store and it's hard! I've only gotten up to 5!Tired

I got 10! It's so amazing and addictive *_*