Proposal: Rule change to allow one launcher set up per combo

Current deck format rules allow one launcher set up per spin direction to be used.  My guess at the reasoning behind this rule is:

1) prevents players from bringing an excessive amount of launcher/launcher set ups for the judges to examine

2) encourage a player to think about what launchers/launcher set ups they want to bring to deck format.  (e.g. maybe you really want a Digital Sword launcher for a right spin stamina combo but you really don’t want it for your right spin attack combo....)

However, certain launchers have issues with launching certain bey combinations and are prone to breakage if used with those combination.  

For example:

1) Achilles LR Beylauncher is very poor at launching perfect Phoenix combos. It is a fragile launcher anyway but it can be easily broken when used with perfect Phoenix.  To be fair, perfect Phoenix gets stuck in B-88 variants as well but the B-88 are just a bit tougher to break. 

2) Morrigna M4 gets stuck on B-88 variants and is almost impossible to launch with them.

3) Judgement combos with Gou weight will partially get stuck on B-88 variants and long beylauncher LRs. This doesn’t happen to everyone but it is quite common.

I am sure there are other examples....

I am not against the launcher/launcher set up selection process being strategic.  But should avoiding launcher malfunction or launcher breakage be part of the strategy?  Allowing something like 12 disk to break opponents bey can be strategy too.  

I propose allowing players one launcher set up per beyblade combination.  This will just be kinder on people’s wallets.  Players will still have to test and discover what launcher/launcher set up works best just like they do with the parts that go into a beyblade combo.
This seems like a reasonable proposal. I think it should definitely become a rule change!
I was thinking of this myself, due to perfect phoenix occasionally becoming stuck upon my LR launcher. It would be nice to have a dedicated launcher for that singular bey.
I don't see a problem in having 1 launcher per direction. It's always good to have a variety of options.
Wouldn't be a bad idea since it only really means +1 for the maximum amount of launchers allowed in a 3 Bey deck. 12 already has a ruling that a frame that covers the contact points must be added, if that wasn't a hypothetical question.
I think one launcher setup per Bey for Deck Format is a good idea.
(Nov. 19, 2019  6:58 AM)BreakerDS Wrote: Wouldn't be a bad idea since it only really means +1 for the maximum amount of launchers allowed in a 3 Bey deck.  12 already has a ruling that a frame that covers the contact points must be added, if that wasn't a hypothetical question
I am aware of the 12 disk rule.  I’d admit it isn’t the fairest comparison to this launcher thing ?.  To use 12 disk to purposefully break opponent’s bey to the point where they can’t continue is actually very hard to do.   Consider it a bad joke.  One bad “stuck” of perfect Phoenix on a LR string type launcher can ruin the launcher and it is self inflicted.  This is very easy to do, at least for me.
yes I noticed blade 2 launcher on their deck format Hasbro 2 launcher grips for your string launcher
Oh my god, it didn't occur to me that launching pP on the Achilles LR was problematic lol.

Thank you for the proposal Shindog
(Nov. 19, 2019  5:41 PM)joyos Wrote: Oh my god, it didn't occur to me that launching pP on the Achilles LR was problematic lol.

Ultimately, this proposal would not come form me if the beyblade burst launchers launched beyblade burst beyblades without issue.  I like having players make a strategic choice with their launchers. I just don’t think it’s fair to consumers that strategic choice involves the consideration of breakage.
I like this rule, if for nothing else, just to add an additional layer of strategy to the mix.
(Nov. 19, 2019  5:47 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2019  5:41 PM)joyos Wrote: Oh my god, it didn't occur to me that launching pP on the Achilles LR was problematic lol.

Ultimately, this proposal would not come form me if the beyblade burst launchers launched beyblade burst beyblades without issue.  I like having players make a strategic choice with their launchers. I just don’t think it’s fair to consumers that strategic choice involves the consideration of breakage.

I was even more so surprised since I'm the only person in my area that has a czA Launcher and pP, and I have that issue with launching pP all the time, but I just chalked it up to just me being bad.
I'd agree with adding this rule. I prefer to use my Sword launcher (still works!) for stationary Judgement combos, but not my defensive combos.
Have no idea why but my czA launcher has a much lower frequency of stuck launches on Perfect Phoenix compared to my Hasbro Ripcord Launcher and Dragon winder.
(Nov. 20, 2019  3:36 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: I'd agree with adding this rule. I prefer to use my Sword launcher (still works!) for stationary Judgement combos, but not my defensive combos.

Why is the sword launcher better for stationary judgement combos but not for defensive combos?
(Nov. 20, 2019  5:31 PM)Biggster Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2019  3:36 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: I'd agree with adding this rule. I prefer to use my Sword launcher (still works!) for stationary Judgement combos, but not my defensive combos.

Why is the sword launcher better for stationary judgement combos but not for defensive combos?

Just my preferences. I believe other launchers gives more stamina, but less control. Stationary judgement and attack I prefer control.
I think having multiple launchers would be good cause for left spin i think Cho-z Achillies launcher is the best but for right spins Turbo launchers
(Nov. 20, 2019  8:40 PM)jonathan53332 Wrote: I think having multiple launchers would be good cause for left spin i think Cho-z Achillies launcher is the best but for right spins Turbo launchers
Turbo launchers? I’d use a different launcher for right spin. There are definitely some better launchers for right spin.
(Nov. 20, 2019  9:18 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2019  8:40 PM)jonathan53332 Wrote: I think having multiple launchers would be good cause for left spin i think Cho-z Achillies launcher is the best but for right spins Turbo launchers
Turbo launchers? I’d use a different launcher for right spin. There are definitely some better launchers for right spin.

i thought so be a brand new turbo launcher has more power then the cho-z string launcher i have both most people don't think that but out of the box and for the first 50-70 launches it stronger and most people have a bunch so if it wear i just change it
(Nov. 20, 2019  9:34 PM)jonathan53332 Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2019  9:18 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Turbo launchers? I’d use a different launcher for right spin. There are definitely some better launchers for right spin.

i thought so be a brand new turbo launcher has more power then the cho-z string launcher i have both most people don't think that but out of the box and for the first 50-70 launches it stronger and most people have a bunch so if it wear i just change it

You think a Hasbro launcher is actually stronger than a TT string launcher? The ripcord launchers that come with the turbo beys should not be used competitively unless you have nothing else. Another TT string launcher would be better but I would just use the Cho-Z Achilles Launcher because that thing definitely has more power than a Turbo ripcord.
(Nov. 20, 2019  7:11 AM)BreakerDS Wrote: Have no idea why but my czA launcher has a much lower frequency of stuck launches on Perfect Phoenix compared to my Hasbro Ripcord Launcher and Dragon winder.

Ideally, beyblade bust launchers should work on all beyblade burst beys.  Apparently, that is not the case even if the problem isn’t the same for everyone.  This really isn’t on the players.  They should be allowed to use equipment that functions properly.
I'm cautiously optimistic about this potential change, but it would also allow for a greater chance for error on the judge's part, especially regarding fake launchers and/or modified ones.

If this was implemented, I'd hope that the rules are updated to list the number of rotations that all different launchers have, the string lengths of different launchers, ripcord lengths, etc.
(Nov. 20, 2019  9:34 PM)jonathan53332 Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2019  9:18 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Turbo launchers? I’d use a different launcher for right spin. There are definitely some better launchers for right spin.

The Cho-Z Achilles launcher is probably the most fragile TT launcher, and performance varies quite a bit. That might explain why yours was outperformed by a Turbo Launcher. I guess ripcord launchers are just more consistent. I would not recommend a Hasbro launcher as they're easy to break because Hasbro just makes them as cheap as possible. From both experience and what I've seen online, the piece holding the prongs on the switchstrike launcher snaps, and the Turbo launcher has issues with the ripcord making contact with the gear after prolonged use
Give Morrigna M4 some love by allowing this!