Progress on solution(s) to consecutive draws

The Organized Play team is currently working hard and promoting unranked test events in search of solution(s) for the excessively long and consecutive draws laden matches. We have internally set a deadline to have solution(s) online by Nov 30, 2021.  A multitude of options are being discussed and explored.  We are also closely following the related discussions in the forums and on Discord.  We want to get this right and we appreciate your patience.
You all are more than welcome to implement my Blader’s Kingdom rules 😈.
As it turns out the DB Beystadium solves many of the Tie issues. There were some in today's tournament, but not nearly as many. The steepness of the beystadium makes it much harder to have an unclear tie.
(Sep. 19, 2021  9:32 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: As it turns out the DB Beystadium solves many of the Tie issues. There were some in today's tournament, but not nearly as many. The steepness of the beystadium makes it much harder to have an unclear tie.

Nice, I’ve seen that in our tournaments as well. It’s great to see other areas have the same results. May I ask, how did drift perform? In opposite and same spin?
(Sep. 19, 2021  9:36 PM)StayCool Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2021  9:32 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: As it turns out the DB Beystadium solves many of the Tie issues. There were some in today's tournament, but not nearly as many. The steepness of the beystadium makes it much harder to have an unclear tie.

Nice, I’ve seen that in our tournaments as well. It’s great to see other areas have the same results. May I ask, how did drift perform? In opposite and same spin?
In a DB Beystadium,
How to beat my Dynamite Belial+F Over Drift-10 Combo on Opposite spin:
no

How to beat my Dynamite Belial+F Over Drift-10 Combo on High Mode:
no

How to beat my Dynamite Belial+F Over Drift-10 Combo with Attack type:
no

How to beat my Dynamite Belial+F Over Drift-10 Combo on same spin:
Certain Dynamite Belial+F combos involving Bearing or Atomic or Zone+Z, but it's kind of hit and miss. Astral can work. It varies, but you're going to have troubles with opposite spin and other combos if you're tailoring a fix just for this one combo, which does NOT perform the same way when used by other people.

My Winning Combos list was almost one bey long. Ended up being two because I got one point with Roar Fafnir Giga Bearing-0.
I actually like ties it makes the game spicy. If you really hate ties play limited and classic, there are hardly any ties in classic and I don’t know much about limited but there are probably less ties. Also, the dB stadium makes it unfair for certain beys because they are at a disadvantage in that stadium. As a part of the wbo community I think that everybody should get a say in this. Also, I’m the august Beyblade Premier there was a rule that after three ties the players get to decide if they want to both switch their beyblades basically starting a whole new round. But it is the players decision.the only conflict is that it puts pressure on the bladers playing.

I actually like that way instead of just switching to the dB stadium. As much as I like the DB stadium it’s not a good solution.
From what I understand multiple consecutive draws are mostly a problem in first stage if its single bey format...

Have you considered making draws give one point to each player, ending the game in a draw if both players reach 3 points (or whichever amount of points needed to win a set) at the same time.

First stage is generally swiss or round robin afaik and both those formats can be easily modified to incorporate draws.
(Sep. 19, 2021  11:46 PM)tubitr Wrote: From what I understand multiple consecutive draws are mostly a problem in first stage if its single bey format...

Have you considered making draws give one point to each player, ending the game in a draw if both players reach 3 points (or whichever amount of points needed to win a set) at the same time.

First stage is generally swiss or round robin afaik and both those formats can be easily modified to incorporate draws.

You know what... that's actually a good idea. Elo rating systems handle draws all the time. Or, barring that, we just keep it going until one blader has at least 3 and has more points than another. Keep it at first to 3, give half a point to each player for a draw, first to 3 or more that is higher than the opponent wins. Barring that, let's just increase the points needed. 6 points to win, 2 points for an outspin, 2 for a KO... 3 for a burst, why not... and 1 point for a double KO or double burst or spin draw. That's... that has potential.

Thank you for your good idea.
(Sep. 19, 2021  11:58 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2021  11:46 PM)tubitr Wrote: From what I understand multiple consecutive draws are mostly a problem in first stage if its single bey format...

You know what... that's actually a good idea. Elo rating systems handle draws all the time. Or, barring that, we just keep it going until one blader has at least 3 and has more points than another. Keep it at first to 3, give half a point to each player for a draw, first to 3 or more that is higher than the opponent wins. Barring that, let's just increase the points needed. 6 points to win, 2 points for an outspin, 2 for a KO... 3 for a burst, why not... and 1 point for a double KO or double burst or spin draw. That's... that has potential.

Thank you for your good idea.
I agree with this fully, however there is 1 thing. Maybe it should be 5 points to win, cause with 6 it would take a bit longer and you’d need 2 bursts which can take a while. If there are 2 combos that keep going back and forth, but you need 2 bursts it can take a while. Sometimes a person gets lucky and pulls of @ burst. Then all you need is another win and you’ve got 5 points. That’s how it is now too. A burst is 2 pts, everything else is 1 point and you need 3 to win. So, theoretically, you could get a burst and a win and then win the match. But it all depends. In burst limited and burst classic, a spin finish should only be 1 pt and a burst should be 2. Reason being that since beys burst more, a burst is not as rewarding. But an outspin should only be 1 to balance the game. Too many stamina types dominate as it is, so an outspin being1 pt will favor attack types only just slightly, and will make more people use them making the burst limited and classic format more balanced. In standard beys are hard to burst already so a burst is very rewarding, and a K.O. would be as rewarding as a burst because of how much defense the dB beys have, but beys can also self k.o. so that’s why sometimes a KO isn’t as rewarding, with bursts it’s hard to pull of like a KO. Difference is that the opponent can self KO, when they don’t is at random and it’s not like we can give 3 pts to a person who is not gonna self KO and 2 pts to a player who’s opponent does. With bursts, you can’t self burst, the only way is to actually burst your opponent and since that’s hard to do, you get 3 pts. 

So basically all that was just saying that the matches should go to 5pts instead of 6, and in burst limited and classic bursts should be 2 pts, and outspins should be 1
(Sep. 19, 2021  7:54 PM)Shindog Wrote: The Organized Play team is currently working hard and promoting unranked test events in search of solution(s) for the excessively long and consecutive draws laden matches. We have internally set a deadline to have solution(s) online by Nov 30, 2021.  A multitude of options are being discussed and explored.  We are also closely following the related discussions in the forums and on Discord.  We want to get this right and we appreciate your patience.

Thank you for providing transparency on the matter- I hope it will go a way to calm complaints about the committee's workings being somewhat too opaque. I am looking forward to hearing the solutions Smile
(Sep. 19, 2021  8:33 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: You all are more than welcome to implement my Blader’s Kingdom rules 😈.

I love those rules, yet it’s not good for standard format.
(Sep. 23, 2021  1:01 AM)BladerColton Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2021  8:33 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: You all are more than welcome to implement my Blader’s Kingdom rules 😈.

I love those rules, yet it’s not good for standard format.

Why not?
(Sep. 23, 2021  1:17 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Sep. 23, 2021  1:01 AM)BladerColton Wrote: I love those rules, yet it’s not good for standard format.

Why not?

For one thing, not everyone gets every single release like you so the whole 5 bey thing is a bit to much. The first stage where just having 1 bey and each opponent doesn’t know which bey keeps the opponents on their toes. In bladers kingdom rules you immediately know the order of your opponent after you choose yours, and there’s not much you as a Blader can do to improve your chances of winning. It’s a cool set of rules but not good for the overall competitive scheme of things.
I really think draws counting as a half point for both players is a good solution. Also, introducing half points would allow for good solutions for other unforseen problems burst may have in the future.
(Sep. 25, 2021  12:51 AM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: I really think draws counting as a half point for both players is a good solution. Also, introducing half points would allow for good solutions for other unforseen problems burst may have in the future.

That’s a good idea, but what if there’s only 1 draw? Then each Blader will have a point and a half. You can’t win with a half point extra. With 2 draws sure, but 1 or 3 it makes it un-even, I think 3 draws even if it’s not in a row should be that the Blader re-select their beys
(Sep. 24, 2021  2:13 AM)BladerColton Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2021  2:01 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: No good lefts, no opposite spin, no ties...

Exactly, classic is all right spin

(Sep. 24, 2021  1:51 AM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: It’ll be grand. Every year there will be an invitationals and you can only enter if you’ve won the previous Blader’s Kingdoms.

Where would they be located and what if the same person won each time.

With the release of bearing dash and metal drift maybe just maybe there will be opposite spin battles in classic

Example Dragoon f
(Sep. 25, 2021  2:44 PM)Beybladedb Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2021  2:13 AM)BladerColton Wrote: Exactly, classic is all right spin

With the release of bearing dash and metal drift maybe just maybe there will be opposite spin battles in classic

Example Dragoon f

Dragoon F is a horribly mediocre layer, and is only really used because the only other left-spin option is Dragoon S, which is even more laughable.
(Sep. 25, 2021  2:44 PM)Beybladedb Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2021  2:13 AM)BladerColton Wrote: Exactly, classic is all right spin

Example Dragoon f

(Sep. 25, 2021  2:49 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2021  2:44 PM)Beybladedb Wrote: With the release of bearing dash and metal drift maybe just maybe there will be opposite spin battles in classic

Example Dragoon f

Dragoon F is a horribly mediocre layer, and is only really used because the only other left-spin option is Dragoon S, which is even more laughable.

I don’t think there will ever be much left in classic, but I do think that bearing’ and metal drift will be good.