Martial Arts

I used to take Tae-kwond-do in columbia, SC I broke my first board wich I save and all the ones I broke at the age of 6 or 7 I was Green belt when I left... then when I came here to Tennessee I took Kung-Fu I won first place in lots of tournaments and made it all the way to a Blue Orange Sash but then I ended up stopping after a series of events... currently I now take Capoiera class Smile
Can you pm me what is capoir?
Switchblad3r Wrote:
Kyler_the best Wrote:When did you start MMA?
Haha! When I was around 12 I was interested in wrestling and also worked with a trainer in Capoeira. It sounds weird but from Capoeira I was turned onto Jiu-Jitsu and Muay-thai by my trainer. After getting a taste of all those I discovered MMA the next year (13 yr old) and fell in love. I was beaten at first by the other kids because of my size (short with average-low strength). I was never beaten really in a jiu-jitsu spar though- so I decided I needed to improve my strength and striking so I took off on Capoeira and proceeded to train in kickboxing. I gained a ton of strength and power from a weight lifting and kickboxing regiment. I now love the sport and do very well for myself at it XP. Sorry for the long answer XD
Capoeira is a form of martial art that originated in Brazil. It was developed by slaves who were not allowed to learn how to defend themselves. They began doing these acrobatic dances that involves high speed kicks and spins as a way of disguising the new martial art (usually around a fire I beleive.)
Everybody in this forum has experience right?  :/
I have theory in my case, but I don't have "experience" ^^
Actually, you need to improve your physical stats then pick a martial art that is suitable for you.

EDIT: Well, I might be dumb when I post replies sometimes, but it means that you must practice basic movements, stances, forms, etc. You need to be strong or flexible depending on the martial art you will choose. If you want to have experience, try learning with a fellow martial artist or a friend. Sparring is one example to improve knowledge on how to use it. Well, there might be experience.
Physical stats, like an rpg? Also it depends on what you mean by "combat experience", do you mean experience in competition or are you asking if people are war veterans?
(Jul. 26, 2008  9:26 PM)Neko-Jin Rei Wrote: If anyone on this board practices or is thinking of practicing a fighting art, let them speak now. I am a black belt in TKD, have been to three seperate TKD schools, and am currently studying Shaolin Kung Fu, which is considered by many to be the best martial art, not because of it's fighting techniques, but because it has three levels. Martial Arts - Qigong (Chinese moving meditation) - Zen. Zen is the highest human form of wisdom, and the Shaolin Temple was the original source of it. Also, it doesn't have to be a martial art, talk of fighting systems (MMA, Krav Maga) is welcome.

And yes, I know there was an old topic about this, but I didn't think it was the Martial Arts Topic this board deserved and also I didn't want to Necro Post.

Well, I also saw an expert above my recent reply in this thread... Uncertain
(Jun. 14, 2017  12:17 PM)lI Kronos Il Wrote: Everybody in this forum has combat experience right?  Uncertain

Can't say that 100% but in case beyblade is combat sport, then yes beyhahahaha. Atleast 97% plays beyblade lol.

BTW I have did Yellow Belt in Karate. I tbh wasn't much intrested in it and it was one subject of our school. Though I recently getting intrest in Martial Arts again and may start learning again. Though my uncle was Black Belt in Karte though (and Judo too not super sure)

@[AaryanBITW] I guess you might be interested in this thread beyhaha
Im a black belt in taekwondo(practiced since i was 13). While i was in the Navy, i practiced wing chun in Okinawa. In Maryland, i practiced muay thai. Just got out of the Navy and now i practice escrima.
Krav Maga Smile
(Jun. 28, 2017  12:04 AM)lawesomeness Wrote: Im a black belt in taekwondo(practiced since i was 13). While i was in the Navy, i practiced wing chun in Okinawa. In Maryland, i practiced muay thai. Just got out of the Navy and now i practice escrima.

I feel good for you. Joyful_3
I've practiced karate for about 5 years (with a couple years gap in between). I've won medals at english nationals a few times and loads of regional tournaments. Karate is set to be introduced into the olympics in 2020 so I'm currently training to qualify.
I've played tkd for 9 years(but only seriously trained for 2 years).You guys may not know that,in HK,tkd is notorious for its lenient requirements of belt tests,even a normal person thinks getting a black belt is nothing more than a matter of time.As a consequence,most HK players are not comparable to the mainland players,some even get KOed within seconds.Dis sounds awful,right?After I had realized this,I stopped"buying"belts,and retain my red belt for 2 years.Even me can beat most black belts(of the same gen only)in my dojo.(You might ask,why I don't quit?)My masters are strong,but just TOO benevolent during training,hence we're weaker than the previous gens a lot.Luckily,they had learnt other martial arts,e.g. Shanshou,Wing Chun and Taichi. They hold a Shanshou lesson weekly for more experienced players, and my other choice is Wing Chun,since Taichi is too hard for me.I am also interested in many other martial arts/fighting systems,namely Karate,Judo,Krav Maga,Sambo,Aikido,of course,indispensably--Jeet-kun Do!
However,as time and money are limited,I can only learn these from videos.
I think martial arts and beyblade share some common requirements on players.I'm going to list them out as follows:
1.Basic Concept--"THE BEST DEFENSE IS A GOOD OFFENSE":With sufficient speed and power,you will be able to beat your opponent In the blink of an eye.Then you no longer need to bother about your stamina because you won already!Therefore I prefer an aggressive combat style.
2.Mental Toughness--You have to keep on with your enthusiasm,which is the core for you to continue this activity.Don't be frustrated after a loss.Only if you accept your defeat,we will gain experience and improve.
3.Techniques--It is the key for you to fully/effectively utilize the strengths of your bey(beyblade)/body(martial arts).
4.Tactics--Adjust your strategies against opponents of different styles,abilities,etc.
I think the 3rd and 4th pts are much correlated,being microscopic and macroscopic respectively.
All these are the critical elements of a strong(especially attack type)blader/martial artist.
Plz supplement/correct if there's sth missing/wrong.
I am a senior green belt in TKD and in BBC
(Jun. 24, 2017  10:08 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2017  12:17 PM)lI Kronos Il Wrote: Everybody in this forum has combat experience right?  Uncertain

Can't say that 100% but in case beyblade is combat sport, then yes beyhahahaha. Atleast 97% plays beyblade lol.

There is an argument for Beyblade being a sport but making it a martial art is ridiculous.
(Jan. 02, 2018  1:09 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2017  10:08 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Can't say that 100% but in case beyblade is combat sport, then yes beyhahahaha. Atleast 97% plays beyblade lol.

There is an argument for Beyblade being a sport but making it a martial art is ridiculous.

Of course they are of different natures,I'm not trying to render them the same sort of things,just commenting on some of their common features instead.
Btw,the largest DIFFERENCE between them is:
Losing a beybattle does not cost anything,but losing a fight means end of life(in the past),so the objectives to win are different,i.e.pure happiness and survival respectively.