MF-H Basalt Horogium R145RF

So you tested it against this combo but did not post the link here? Or are you just going out of your way to be unnecessarily snarky without the grounds to do so?

Maybe a link for those of us too busy directing or following "groupthink" and "hiveminds" would be nice?
(Nov. 05, 2011  7:35 AM)th!nk Wrote: So you tested it against this combo but did not post the link here? Or are you just going out of your way to be unnecessarily snarky without the grounds to do so?

Maybe a link for those of us too busy directing or following "groupthink" and "hiveminds" would be nice?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Phantom-...#pid823368

This is the only post containing testing of the combo you underlined that I could find.
...which was against Basalt BD145MB, not CS as I stated? (MB<CS in all but a couple of matchups, and those matchups basically always involve the opponent being on BD145).

Gibsonmac...?
MF-H prevents the super powerful attackers (ie VariAres and Blitz) from knocking the combo out before it stops the attacker cold.
sorry if im just being lazy but did you test it w/o mf-h against those combos and have it do worse?
No, I haven't tested w/o MF-H, but I don't have VariAres or Blitz. The best I have right now is LDD, Perseus and LLD. Perhaps somebody with VariAres, Blitz or Beat could test it? It worked well enough with MF-H during free play against Vari in Stage Fright today though.
(Nov. 05, 2011  8:01 AM)th!nk Wrote: ...which was against Basalt BD145MB, not CS as I stated? (MB<CS in all but a couple of matchups, and those matchups basically always involve the opponent being on BD145).

Gibsonmac...?

I don't agree with your assessment of CS and MB... on Basalt I prefer MB, it has so much more control than CS, where CS kind of hinges on the aggressiveness, or the lack thereof, with the individual tip as to how it behaves, MB behaves differently based on how you use it regardless of which MB you use... it is much more responsive to skill/strategy than a CS is IMO and experience... That said, on other wheels I prefer CS.

As far as I'm concerned it comes down to personal preference, I know people who prefer CS on Basalt because its consistent based on the individual characteristics of the tip that they use, with launch having little impact, and I also know people who prefer MB because the Launch dictates everything... so to me its much more versatile... but overall they have about equal performance across the field, yeah there might be a specific matchup where CS will do better than MB and vice versa, but overall they average out to equals... which is why most people refer to the combo as MFH Basalt _ BD145CS/MB... as if it didn't much matter which tip is used
As much as I appreciate your testing, I saw this:
Gibsonmac Wrote:CS kind of hinges on the aggressiveness, or the lack thereof, with the individual tip as to how it behaves
...Wait, WHAT?

Have you used sliding shoot with a Basalt BD145CS? Even if it's a super calm CS (I have 2, so I know that it works), it creates enough of an aggressive movement to knock out stamina types.

MB is generally used to add more stamina against other BD145 combos, but CS was preferred simply due to the tip's versatility. By your wording then, CS has more matchups where it performs better than MB.
You are kind of putting on horse blinders while looking at what I'm saying... what you say is true, a slide will make a calm CS aggressive for a bit, well enough for stamina KO's... but you can't make an aggressive CS stay in the middle... thus you are pigeon held to the qualities of your CS, where MB does what you want it to based solely on your launch.. so I'm not sure how you are deducing the later part of your statement from my previous one,

(and many people can't make their CS aggressive enough to KO anything at all, whether they have a calm one or not, Also, WD can be made to move enough to KO stamina types, so it says nothing that CS can do it when absolutely anything can, it has more to do with the wheel than the tip... S on VariAres will still KO many things even though there is virtually no movement across the stadium, the wheel is what KO's not the tip)
I just buy a new CS when mine wear to the point of aggression, they aren't expensive due to cheap pre-checked RBV6's flooding ebay. As for manipulating the launch, I generally prefer my Basalt BD145 to stay still, which is much easier with a good CS (and as I said, I keep/kept spares for competition), so I have little use for manipulating launches. It's not a combo I rely on, either, so I generally don't have to KO too often (and when I do, I can launch a calm CS violently enough to get a decent shot at KOing the opponent, and have pulled this off to recover from 2-0 down in a tourney).

As for MB, I simply find it much easier to KO with most combo's, though, for example, I found Hell Kerbecs BD145(Normal) R2F did worse against MB due to the fresh R2F meaning the only real contact made occurred between the BD145's. I just find CS more consistent against more common opponents.

Anyway, just to make things clear, I asked for tests of Basalt BD145CS and This Combo against that Phantom AD145RF combo (not that I doubt it's abilities, I have one coming so I'm very interested), and you basically said you'd done them in another thread, which only contains tests of it vs Basalt BD145MB. That is my main issue, not your personal preference of tips Tongue_out

As for tips helping KO's, movement is a huge factor, but I do understand what you mean. Though, Variares on S just reeks of self-KO to me, ahah Tongue_out And, TBH, put on RF, almost anything can KO, say, the old Burn 145WD stamina beys.
Has anyone tested against 230? I dont have 2 basalts so i cant do that but i was lightly testing against MF-H Scythe Kronos and Phantom orion 230 WD/CS and it blows them away either head on or forcing it out
No surpirise..Basalt is a good Anti-Meta MW..anyone want to test against other Anti-Meta combo?
MF-H Earth Kerbecs GB145 RF/R2F (no BD145..BD145 sucks on Earth)

also against low attacker..
MF-H Blitz Unicorno 85 RF/MF/XF
(Nov. 09, 2011  6:09 AM)Benjohadi Wrote: No surpirise..Basalt is a good Anti-Meta MW..anyone want to test against other Anti-Meta combo?
MF-H Earth Kerbecs GB145 RF/R2F (no BD145..BD145 sucks on Earth)

also against low attacker..
MF-H Blitz Unicorno 85 RF/MF/XF

so wait you wanna test Anti-Meta vs Anti-Meta?
yep..why not?its fun to see the result
also
MF-H Basalt _____ BD145 CS/RS
Benjo, in some informal testing, XF is murdered completely by this combo. There isn't nearly enough grip to withstand collisions with this thing. It's also very easy to target XF, no matter if you tornado stall or bank. So I suggest MF and XF not be used for Blitz, Blitz will murder itself beyond belief on those 2 tips.
I finally got to use this... I must say I'm impressed as an anti meta, it does quite well in the Lightning Force stadium against many things as long as the RF isn't worn badly.
Even in Lightning Force, it does well? I didn't see that coming. Maybe you could post tests against Hasbro top-tiers in the Hasbro stadium testing thread? How does it do against Ray CH120WD?
I actually was just thinking of that. I'll post that after I complete some other testing I promised a few days back. Smile
i would like to mention that I believe this combo should be seen as a bit more than anti-meta. This should be top-tier because:

1.It can pretty much KO ANYTHING with even the smallest amount of recoil
2.Only really has issues with 230 unless you swap the clear wheel for something like Capricorne, Pisces, or Escolpio for destabilization and BD145 combos that have Basalt as its metal wheel considering R145 kinda restricts this combos ability to make contact with Basalt BD145 at time
3. Just completely shuts down current top tier defense, attack, and even stamina.

I'll post the video when I get the chance. I hate facing this combo but I love watching it lol/
(Nov. 24, 2011  9:03 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: i would like to mention that I believe this combo should be seen as a bit more than anti-meta. This should be top-tier because:

1.It can pretty much KO ANYTHING with even the smallest amount of recoil
2.Only really has issues with 230 unless you swap the clear wheel for something like Capricorne, Pisces, or Escolpio for destabilization and BD145 combos that have Basalt as its metal wheel considering R145 kinda restricts this combos ability to make contact with Basalt BD145 at time
3. Just completely shuts down current top tier defense, attack, and even stamina.

I'll post the video when I get the chance. I hate facing this combo but I love watching it lol/

Wait, this doesn't make sense to me.

It can KO anything, but can't KO Basalt BD145 which is the best current Top Tier defense combo, but shuts down Top Tier Defense?
Plus the all the results in the OP against Attack are very low.

I don't get it?
He has had great success with this combination and chances are nobody can reproduce those results like he can. That doesn't mean they aren't legitimate, just not applicable to the whole of the WBO.

LOL nice signature there, glad you put me in there man hahahaha
But still it doesn't make sense that in number 1 it can KO everything, in number 2 it can't KO the most used defense combos, and in number 3 it can beat defense. It's like going back and forth. I completely believe they're legitimate, the way it was explained just confuses me.
Added some Hasbro stadium testing in a separate section under 'Other Members' Testing', courtesy of Rai. Seems this combo does have some use in Hasbro too.

EDIT: I had the idea to make small quote boxes where you could just click the green arrow and it would take you to the original posting of the results (because it had user comments and everything, as well as additional feedback), but then the whole new 'no multi-quote per post' rule activated and made the OP blank. XD So now the box is only there for Rai's testing because his testing is in the Hasbro thread, while the others are simply found in here.

SSJ/Shaba, nice sig.
Sorry to double post, but I finally got some free time, so I updated the OP with VariAres and Phantom Orion results, will get around to doing AD145WD test later in the week. I hope that this thread can become a model for other testing threads in terms of format, comments, etc. But anyways, this was just utter destruction, seeing the combo fly like a freight train and smash everything was just insane.

And McFrown, MF-H does make a difference, read my comments on the VariAres CH145RF tests.