MF-H Basalt Horogium R145RF

Smash as in contact I believe.
When Bey A (This combo) Hits Bey B (Opposing bey) it has momentum and force to cause a large amount of smash, because of the fact that Basalt is so large and heavy!
Also the other beyblade has recoil too. There's always recoil for both beyblades when they hit.
Smash is caused by protrusions and Basalt HAS NONE. So it's not smash. It's Anti Meta.
Okay then, let me reiterate what I said - does sheer blunt force sound like a better option, instead of pure momentum smash?
I don't really care which one as long as it doesn't have smash in it since it kinda gives the idea of smash attack which it isn't.
Anti Meta is on a different level of categorization than smash attack. Smash attack/upper attack/force smash are productive ways of contact that are used for attack types.

Beywiki tells me that smash attack isn't only about contact points. This combo's Smash attack isn't really great, but here, RF's speed is the bigger factor in what produces what amounts of smash you see.

As an example, Earth has smash attack when it's on RF(even though next to none, even if you disagree), but when it's on WD it doesn't. The movement is just as important as the contact points, which is why LRF and R2F have more Smash attack than RF.

I hope I worded that well.
i still don't think this is a smash attacker. It's more like what Raigeko said or just anti Meta.
Smash attack and Anti meta are not comparable or interchangeable.

That'd be like saying KO-ing and upper attack are the same thing.

Like a pyramid of levels:

Level one= Attack

Level two= Pure Attack, Combination, Anti Meta, and Spin Steal.

Level three= Smash Attack, Force Smash, and Upper Attack.

Level four= KO, and OS

I hope that makes sense.
Good testing... But I really don't see a point in using an RF based combo such as this when it achieves lower win rates against defense customs compared to the other combos out there...
It's great for going up against something NOT top tier/a literal tank, but it does quite decently (I'd say at least) against combos that are top tier, but not with the TOP top tier parts. Tongue_out
Just a small amount of testing I have a tournament coming up so I didn't want to wear my RF down that much.

MF-H Basalt Horogium R145RF Vs Basalt Kerbecs 230MF
Standard procedure

Basalt Horogium wins : 4 (All KO)
Basalt Kerbecs wins : 6 (All OS)
(Sep. 07, 2011  1:51 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Smash attack and Anti meta are not comparable or interchangeable.

That'd be like saying KO-ing and upper attack are the same thing.

Like a pyramid of levels:

Level one= Attack

Level two= Pure Attack, Combination, Anti Meta, and Spin Steal.

Level three= Smash Attack, Force Smash, and Upper Attack.

Level four= KO, and OS

I hope that makes sense.

Again your putting words in mouth. I never said they were interchangable or comparable. Traditional attack combos(i.e. smash attack) in MFB are normal attack wheels with protrusions. This clearly isn't. I mean it knocks other beys out through it's weight and the recoil of the other bey. As such this clearly shouldn't be referred to as a smash attack combo.
(Sep. 07, 2011  12:59 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
Pockyx3 Wrote:MF-H Basalt Horogium R145RF vs (Boost Mode) MF Hell Kerbecs BD145CS:

Pockyx3 Wrote: MF-H Basalt Kerbecs R145RF vs Hell Kerbecs BD145WD

Serious

How did WD get a better percentage?
...Because WD didn't get a better precentage?

17/20 was to reflect Basalts Win rate over Hell Kerbecs; I thought that was pretty obvious when I stated "standard like OP".

Of course (Boost Mode) Hell Kerbecs BD145WD would have a lower win percentage than (Boost Mode) MF Hell Kerbecs BD145CS.....

Hell Kerbecs BD145WD win percentage was: 15%
MF Hell Kebrecs BD145CS win percentage was: 30%

That should clear up any confusions.

Just to save yourself grief, use the proper testing format next time.
Ultrablader, I said it based on this post:
(Sep. 07, 2011  1:42 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: i still don't think this is a smash attacker. It's more like what Raigeko said or just anti Meta.

The "or just anti meta" Is what I was mostly referring to. It makes it seem like they were interchangeable. It's probably my misunderstanding though.

----
Whoops Pockyx3, I'm an idiot, that my fault, sorry.
hrmf. I know how this combo works, because I've had a bey do something simeler. My CS turned aggressive, and earth plowed through my gravity like a TRAIN. want to see whats happening with this combo?
bus= other bey
train= the combo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poomuKzSGZA&NR=1
enjoy.
Half of your post was completely irrelevant to the thread.
It wasn't completely irrelevent. I want the OP of this thread to be changed since it's not an attacker so the OP is wrong. It doesn't knock anything out through smash so it's not an attacker.
So it is a recoil attacker? I was saying that originally, but then everybody started ranting at me that there was no such thing as recoil attack, and then they said to just call it a heavy smash attacker.
good god, just call it anti-meta and get it over with.
Calling it anything else would probably be wrong anyway.
(Sep. 10, 2011  10:54 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: So it is a recoil attacker? I was saying that originally, but then everybody started ranting at me that there was no such thing as recoil attack, and then they said to just call it a heavy smash attacker.

I don't really recall anyone using the word heavy smash attacker apart from you. Anyway like Dan said it's Anti Meta.
It fits the old definition of anti meta, but given the metagame is largely stamina and defence, it's not really anti meta by definition. We really need a proper name for it that isn't confusing, given they're quite common.

Blunt smash was mentioned by someone somewhere, seems fine to me, or anti-attack or something.
holy carp basult it dominating if these test are right basult is attack defence and stamina and alll top tier in ecah this may be the first balance type metal wheel
This is not so much attack as anti-meta. The higher the recoil on a wheel (ex: Fang), the better this combo performs. I would like a VariAres/Blitz test, to see how it goes. Beat could be used too, but the first 2 have more recoil.
I'll do said tests tomorrow if I can remember...