MF-H Basalt Horogium R145RF

Interesting combo.

And double posting after forty-eight hours is not illegal. It's called bumping. So you didn't do anything wrong.
You're not allowed to bump unless in Bey Marketplace, and double posting is generally not considered good etiquette.

Can anyone provide more testing for this combo?
can some one test this against a mf-h phantom orion bd145 cs? i would but i dont have a bb-10
It doesn't win at all, gibsonmac tested it. Look in the 'Other Members' Testing' section. This combo is designed to counter Attack types, especially those with high smash and recoil like the current top-tiers, and Stamina types with low weight/defense ability (which is most of the current stamina types.)
i c that now, i did a handful of rounds of it against basalt and it didn't move an inch, although i tried a couple rounds of it vs a mf-m basalt bull gb145 rsf and the basalt bull won by os a few times and knocked it out once, but these are only hypothetical counters since i dont have a bb-10 and im using a pegasus thunder whip
Try it against some attack and stamina types. Then see this combo dominate. Smile
(Dec. 07, 2011  2:52 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: It doesn't win at all, gibsonmac tested it. Look in the 'Other Members' Testing' section. This combo is designed to counter Attack types, especially those with high smash and recoil like the current top-tiers, and Stamina types with low weight/defense ability (which is most of the current stamina types.)

I can confirm is definitely not true AT ALL. in the hands of a TRULY experienced attack user
this can destroy phantom combos..all of them. this is exactly why I dropped phantom and went to death.
I'm sure you're right, but I've only done it once or twice. I can get around to doing the actual testing on the weekend, but can you please post a video? I'd like to see this. I don't call myself a 'TRULY' experienced attack user or w/e, but I can call myself just an experienced one, so I would like to see how you do it.
sure thing! I'll give my bro a call and see if he's up for doing the testing. Im not that good with attck yet so I would use RSF but thats not the combo atm. Lol he is gonna be so pissed since he already thinks im too lazy to test.
(Dec. 07, 2011  4:40 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Try it against some attack and stamina types. Then see this combo dominate. Smile

yes this combo is good but, there are some counters, like another basalt, i think mf-m basalt bull gb145 rsf can be quite the counter in a bb-10
I figured since there isn't much defense testing on this, (against Basalt I mean) I'd give it a shot with a Basalt vs. Basalt matchup. I have MF-H BHR145RF in the correct format stated in the OP, Horogium, and R145 aligned. Anyways, onto the testing results.

MF-H Basalt Horogium R145RF vs MF Basalt Aquario GB145RS
Standard procedure.
BB-10 used.
Grip with Grip Rubber.
Beylauncher L/R with Launcher Rubber.
30 battles done. Basalt Aquario launched first, due to increased stamina on RS when compared to RF.

MF-H Basalt Horogium R145RF: 9 wins (2 OS, 7 KO) 30%
MF Basalt Aquario GB145RS: 21 wins (14 OS, 7 KO) 70%
1 draw redone

------------

MF-H BHR145RF-
Most (if not all) of the KO's were OHKO's, at the very beginning of the battle and were dead on collisions. The two OS's differ. Once I believe it was because of an abundance of dirt/grime collected on the bottom, and the other time was because RS was on the Tornado Ridge for so long, wearing down its stamina quickly. The condition of my RF is thoughroughly worn, I believe it's time to break in my fresh new one. The hole in the center on the bottom of it it barely visible now. This is also my first time testing in a BB-10, as I just received it yesterday, haha, so attack types are still a bit hard to control for me. Much of MF-H BHR145RF's problem was that gravity wouldn't allow it to flower pattern often, due to the weight, size, ect., of it, resulting in it Tornado Stalling often, which more or less led to its defeat.

MF BAGB145RS-
All of the KO's were from when MF-H BHR145RF hit it, and flew back, or when it went beside Basalt, touched it, and kept on going, resulting in a Self KO. Some of the OS's were close, only a few rotations left on MF BAGB145RS, and some when it was still going strong. The condition of this RS is now I guess what you'd consider "worn" due to it being used on Basalt frequently, resulting in being flatter than sharper. I will keep using this, as if I launch it at the correct angle, it stays still, until a collision, which may or may not send it going off like what I believe RDF moves like, if not slower.

I will try to get some testing up of this against MF Basalt Aquario TH170/190/220 (still deciding on the height)CS soon.
Updated OP with Raigeko's testing, sorry for the wait. Smile It did pretty decent against Basalt GB145RS, especially for an anti-attack bey.
Been' using this combo for the last 2 days, and frankly, I'm shocked. Just like Ga said, VariAres simply can't win against this beast. Tried a 4 against 1, and it still won. The only thing that sparked my mind when i saw the battles was:

"Move B****! Get out of the way!"
So I know this thread is really, really, old. But I just did some Flash testing with the new Flash I got today. Updated OP with tests.

I don't know about you guys, but against both variants of Flash (R2F/RF and MF) Basalt still had majority of wins. I'm even using a new BB-10.
(Jul. 22, 2012  1:25 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: So I know this thread is really, really, old. But I just did some Flash testing with the new Flash I got today. Updated OP with tests.

I don't know about you guys, but against both variants of Flash (R2F/RF and MF) Basalt still had majority of wins. I'm even using a new BB-10.

I agree...

BB-10
String Luancher + Grip
Basalt Launched 1st

MF-H Basalt Horogium R145RF VS MF-H Flash Byxis S130RF
Basalt: 13/20 (12 OS, 1 KO)
Flash: 7/20 (1 OS, 6 KO)
2 draws redone
Basalt %: 65%

MF-H Basalt Horogium R145RF VS MF-H Flash Escolpio S130R2F
Basalt: 13/20 (9 OS, 4 KO)
Flash: 7/20 (All KO)
Basalt %: 65%

MF-H Basalt Horogium R145RF VS MF-H Flash Escolpio S130MF
Basalt: 14/20 (7 OS, 7 KO)
Flash: 6/20 (1 OS, 5 KO)
1 draw redone
Basalt %: 70%

I am probably gonna test this during Plastics Day and say how it does next MFB tournament...
I played around with this the other day, and it did pretty good for me too.
Glad to see this is still competitive in a sense. Really an amazing combo you've put together Ga. Joyful_2
Please do these beys vs. it:
Duo Gasher 230D
MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS (the CS has to be as worn as you can try to get it)
Anyone can do these tests, thanks.
Just want to point out, in case you didn't read the OP, it's an anti-attack type. It has mediocre to bad results against defense, and depending on the combo it does good to mediocre against stamina. I can pretty much assure that that's how those results will look.
Haha, I was just thinking about this custom the other day when people were saying in the Tier List thread that Basalt could deserve a spot, but we couldn't come up with a standout Basalt custom. I think this is most definitely it, as this is one of the few customs that can actually take advantage of Basalt's imbalance.

Just a thought, have you tried Nemesis? It's much heavier, though I'm not sure if it is imbalanced in the right spot for this custom.
I have yet to check out Nemesis. Technically, both Horogium and Kerbecs work for this combo, but I prefer Horogium.

I made this quite a while ago, so I've been hoping for it to get a spot since it has worked from its inception. That also means that this combo hasn't seen much innovation with new parts though lol.
I could test,but I don't have a good RF.. I have R2F and LRF though. And,if you still want,I could do Tysonisdabest's request.
Don't ask if they want tests, do them, it's for the greater good. Tongue_out

So, I'm still using this, and frankly, I still like it. Ever tried using MF for some added stamina Ga? I'll see if I can get some tests up, but unlikely.

Cherrio,

Izuma
Ok. I'll try to get the Duo Gasher tests in by tomorrow. I'll probably put them up today though,I just started the testing.

UPDATE: Here is the test:
Equipment:
BB10
Beylauncher + Grip + Suspension
Cancer launched 1st
MF-H Basalt Horogium R145R2F Vs Duo Cancer/Gasher 230D

Basalt:4/20(3 KO,1 OS)
Duo: 16/20(All OS)
Duo Win %: 80%
Horogium was able to OS Cancer once because it destabilized the carp out of it. Yeah,this does pretty bad against Duo.

I don't get why you tested against a Stamina-Defense hybrid, but the more tests the merrier I guess Tongue_out
Not surprised by the results, as this was made for Anti-Attack, not just standard attack.
(Jul. 22, 2012  9:44 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I don't get why you tested against a Stamina-Defense hybrid, but the more tests the merrier I guess Tongue_out
Not surprised by the results, as this was made for Anti-Attack, not just standard attack.

I knew it was going to lose but TysonIsDaBest requested it and I figured it wouldn't be a bad thing to test,so I just went for it.