Libra (Re)Testing: Please Chip In! (UPDATED 3RD Feb!)

One more thing I'm just curious about. What would libra ch120 rf do against mf libra gb145/230 RS/rsf/cs? Just curious if libra is able to beat itself.
Edit: and it's actually important for those tests because if someone in a tournament with libra faces someone else with libra.
I know, there's a request for it in the op, but I've only got one libra. It's very important that we find out, though.
Hey Guys, I found some time to "chip in".

Gear: BeyLauncher LR w/ Launcher Rubber w/ 3 segment Grip w/ Launcher Rubber Grip Mule w/ Extension w/ Metal Assist w/ Angle Compass

Stadium: TT Attack Stadium
Sliding Shoot used for every "RF/LRF/R2F Based Combo used"
Both shots at 100% Power
Libra always went first.

MF-H Gravity Perseus (Attack Mode, Counter, Right Spin) 85RF = GP
Vs
MF-H Libra (BB-96) GB145RSF = LB

RF is in prime sliding shoot condition.
RSF is slightly worn.

MF-H Libra GB145RSF 14 - MF-H Gravity Perseus 85RF 9
Detailed Results for GP (Click to View)
OVERALL:
GP KO x 9

DRAW x 2

LB OS x 11
LB KO x 3

GP won x 9
LB won x 14

--------------------------------------------------------------
Gear: BeyLauncher LR w/ Launcher Rubber w/ 3 segment Grip w/ Launcher Rubber Grip Mule w/ Extension w/ Metal Assist w/ Angle Compass

Stadium: TT Attack Stadium
Sliding Shoot used for every "RF/LRF/R2F Based Combo used"
Both shots at 100% Power
Libra always went first.

MF Lightning Ldrago (upper) 100LRF = LL
Vs
MF-H Libra GB145RSF - LB

LRF is in Prime
RSF is slightly worn.

MF Lightning Ldrago (upper) 100LRF 8 - MF-H Libra GB145RSF 15

Detailed Results for LL (Click to View)
OVERALL:
LL KO x 8

DRAW x 2

LB OS x 13
LB KO x 2

LL won x 8
LB won x 15

--------------------------------------------------------

MF-H Vulcan Byxis 85RF coming soon.

I see no 90-100% win rate at all, try it, it's obvious.
Hope this helps.
Thanks a bunch Smile It's nice to have some right spin perseus results, too.

I would've made a "we want you" joke, but it didn't work out.

Sorry for not updating the OP yet, I'll get to it tomorrow, I'm still sick and spent yesterday fixing my flooded street (because the local council doesn't maintain the street drains), after a storm, and preparing for a separate cyclone which didn't happen. Should be right tomorrow, though.
sorry guys i misunderstood but about the librach120cs
could someone test it basically i mean that against attack types you launch cs in attack mode in 120 height so that maximum rubber touches the stadium floor.
For defense types launch in stamina mode at 145 height and against stamina types launch in attack mode.
CH145 used to be used to lower recoil against attack types. Are you sure on 120 (read the libra article)? Also, I expect that while you'll beat more defence, attack and 230-track stamina combos will ruin it. That said, I WILL test it Smile
Well, I've been testing Libra as a ltsc today. Not so good, destroyed by mfh vulcan giraffe 90rf and mff earth bull 230cs, nothing special for a ltsc. I've gotta update the op with everyones testing, and fyuuors vids. If I feel up to it after that, I'll test mff libra ad145wd.

I might be able to test ch120rf vs attack now, my rf's are worn in and my sliding shoot is better, so that'll be tomorrow, probably, and I'll do ch120cs while I'm at it.

Edit: just tested ch120rf vs mf vulcan giraffe 85rf, and vulcan managed a meagre 30% win rate, and libra looked like an immovable object. A couple of rounds vs mf gravity perseus r145rf were similar. It can't do anything against defense, but that's still causing me concern. Gonna see how it does against mff earth bull 230cs. If it doesn't work against that, then we can just call it an effective defense combo. If it does, then I'm concerned, as it hasn't taken me long to get a hang of, and I'd want to get more results before a decision is made, myself....

Edit 2: Just tried ch145rf vs mff earth (tt mold 2) bull 230cs, and it only managed 20%. As much as it probably still does great against 145 track stamina combos, it's not game breaking (as 230cs is miserable against left spin attackers, who also do well against traditional defense combos, who also beat libra).

It'd be really good to get more tests of libra ch120rf, especially vs attack

EDIT 3: OP UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin
Wow, there's lots of tests here now. I'm very surprised and impressed!

But, to make this easier to tell if libra should be unbanned, make a section that has the tests, but organize them into what type libra was being used in.ex-

libra In Defence combos (Click to View)

libra in attack combos (Click to View)

Then stamina

Then balance

But still leave the tests the way you have now, just put it the way I suggested, at the bottom, and say that they are the same tests, just organized differently.
Excellent idea, I'll do it tomorrow if I have time. I'm hoping to start going through other threads for testing tomorrow, and test ch120cs and ad145wd, so we'll see Smile
I think in general enough tests have been done, but Control_ has some contradicting tests with the newest Libra mold. Could people focus on it ? It seems superior.
You mean the Super Deck Set one? These CH120RF tests look a little wonky.
Honestly 10%? I'm not insinuating anything, it just seems like a shock to me.
Kai-V, I've been using the newest mold (BB-96) too, and I don't see a huge difference between me and Control_. It's worth noting that my Perseus combo was left spin, and Control_'s was right spin. Control_'s win rate vs LLDrago was about 65%, which seems about right to me.

Dan, why the shock? Libra CH120RF always sucked against defense, but it managed a lucky KO, from memory. Those results are pretty much as I expected. I could re-do them, if you insist?

EDIT: It has just struck me that I had an MF on libra when I did that test. I'll re-do it later today.
Re did the libra ch120rf (without an mf this time), vs mfh earth aquario gb145rs, libra got 0/10. Yeah, lower than with an mf, but I think that 1 win was lucky. I'll include it in my results tomorrow, as I really don't feel like formatting it right now.
Right Spin > Left spin for KOs.
Therefore left spin should do worse than Right Spin for KOs and the RF will mean Gravity won't OS with spin share.

Right Spin should do well because of obvious reasons as Right Spin on Right spin gives the simple more collision in particles and more KOs. Which means Right Spin should do better here.

Left spin Gravity gives me dramatically worse results against the Libra RSF based combo compared to Right spin.

- This doesn't include Lightning Ldrago due to it's shape.
(Feb. 01, 2011  8:24 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Right Spin > Left spin for KOs.
Therefore left spin should do worse than Right Spin for KOs and the RF will mean Gravity won't OS with spin share.

Right Spin should do well because of obvious reasons as Right Spin on Right spin gives the simple more collision in particles and more KOs. Which means Right Spin should do better here.

Left spin Gravity gives me dramatically worse results against the Libra RSF based combo compared to Right spin.

- This doesn't include Lightning Ldrago due to it's shape.

sometimes
its been proven that left spin helps vs right spin RSF beys (and in your tests libra used RSF)
i quote:
Quote:As the results indicate RSF performed slightly worse then RS though both bottoms struggled against a left spin combination but RSF in particular.

sorry if offtopic
Yes my tests used RSF, and Gravity was on RIGHT spin. How is it proven in this case if I have tried both spin directions at 40 battles each and Right spin showing significant difference. Please actually read the posts I make.

ALSO:
Directed at superiors:

RS and RSF are different stability wise, resulting in RS losing due to being destabilised against an left spin which "keeps up" due to small spin share.

RSF is better stability wise, which is why mine did better against Left spin, it wasn't easily destabilised in comparison therefore OSing.
Hm, still, I want to see more tests with BB-96 Libra.
Kai, mmm, well, my tests are bb-96, but yeah, just gotta wait for more people to test, I suppose.
Control_, fair point, though I find left spin often encourages opposing beys to leave the stadium, but in theory, yes, spinning in the same direction should improve smash. I'll review my results and maybe then do some tests with perseus in right spin. Your point about the stability of rsf/rs is good (though I've heard different elsewhere) I'd test it myself, but I don't have rsf Uncertain

Oh, and I'm not completely sure why gravity seems to os so often on rf, with spin share, but I've always found it's shape to be good at destabilising other beys, so I suspect it's related to that.
(Feb. 02, 2011  4:32 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I was reading through Fyuuor's RSF vs RS vs CS thread and it looked like there really isn't a defense combo that has an answer for MF Lightning L Drago 100RF. Only RS could get 5-5 results. (I don't have 230 yet.) I tried MF-H Earth Bull C145CS, but the attack combo got a 90% win rate similarly to Fyuuor's test. I thought that the Libra Wheel would definitely get better results so:
MF-H Lightning L Drago 100RF vs MF-H Libra C145CS
7-13 Libra win rate: 65

I randomly thought about the recent thread about low track defense combos and:
MF-H Lightning L Drago 100RF vs MF-H Libra 85CS
5-15 Libra win rate: 75%

When I think about it from the perspective that only the Libra wheel (bar 230 combos) stands up to MF Lightning L Drago 100RF, I feel even moreso that it should be unbanned.

I ran some other tests too:
MF-H Libra 85CS vs Earth Bull 85SD
1-9 Libra win rate: 10%

MF-H Libra C145CS vs Earth Bull 85SD
8-2 Libra win rate: 80%

MF-H Libra C145CS vs  Earth Bull AD145SD
0-10 Libra win rate: 0%

With MF-H Libra C145CS vs Earth Bull 85SD, the Libra combo would force the stamina combo into the stadium floor really easily so I switched to AD145.

All tests were done in the attack stadium with MFB grips. With the MF Lightning L Drago 100RF tests, the attack combo was always launches second with a banking shot. The first combo would be shot with a straight shot. With all other tests, both were launched with a straight shot and I switched which one was shot first every round.
Thanks a bunch cye, I'll stick those in the op later. SSJFisherman is right, though, w need to know what mold it is Smile

Also, what happened with mfh libra c145cs vs Earth Bull 85sd, if you can remember, I'm curious as to why it did so well?
It's from BB-96!
Awesome! Grin Thanks for posting them here btw, saves me and everyone else a lot of time Smile
Well, my kerbecs and screw capri arrived... MFH Libra BD145RS is so far Immovable, and is managing to draw with left spinners stamina wise... Ray Jokers testing with rsf hinted at it, but wow. The stamina isn't too horrid, and on the libra I have (bb96) at least, I can push BD up a little higher.... Somewhat concerned about this now, so I'll test that tonight (and then update the op when I'm done that).
The answer may lie in metal flat, as much as libra seems to really slow it down later in battle, I'm thinking meteo l drago 85mf might work, and I've had some promising results with hell unicorno 85/90/100mf (bonus: on 100 it seems to be rather effective vs 230 Confused). But, really, it's still very powerful.
Eh, anyway, I'll test tomorrow, as I've got a rather nasty headache.

I'd edit my post, but my phone isn't letting me, so sorry for the triple post.

Oh, if anyone else can test MF/H Libra BD145rs vs attack, it would be really super cool Smile