Libra (Re)Testing: Please Chip In! (UPDATED 3RD Feb!)

Thanks man!
Okay, tests:

MF-H Libra 230RSF vs. MF Vulcan Horuseus 85R2F
Standard Testing Procedures

MF-H Libra 230RSF vs. MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) 90R2F

Unexpected, for me, as I thought Libra would kill them both.
How about CH120RF on LLD and maybe even MLD? Haha, these tests are great!
(Please?)^
I don't have CH120... Sadness..

I could try MLD90R2F.
GrinJshock: your kidding..?
use 125 then?
Eheh, I don't have 125 either... Sorry

I do have tests, though.

MF-H Libra 230RSF vs. MF Meteo L Drago 90R2F

Since Meteo can push RSF far back into the Tornado Ridge, once RSF touched the tornado ridge, Meteo knocked it out from there.
(Jan. 27, 2011  12:03 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: Eheh, I don't have 125 either... Sorry

I do have tests, though.

MF-H Libra 230RSF vs. MF Meteo L Drago 90R2F

Since Meteo can push RSF far back into the Tornado Ridge, once RSF touched the tornado ridge, Meteo knocked it out from there.

then use d125,t125,s130 or even wa130.
its the closest your gonna get
I don't have any of those either.

135 is the closest thing I have to 120.
Do it anyway? LOL considering we're talking 230 here, why did I not mention 145 in the first place? LOL
145 plz, O:
Darn it, my Libra's all scratched up...

MF-H Libra 230RSF vs. MF Lightning L Drago 145R2F
Beylaunchers for both

MF-H Libra 230RSF vs. MF Meteo L Drago (Barrage Mode) 145R2F
Standard Testing Procedure

Absolutely not surprised, LOL.
Thanks, great tests. Hopefully someone has tests to compare Earth vs. Libra to see which is better on 230.
Wow Ray Joker, thanks so much for the load of testing, very much appreciated, awesome work Grin
SSJ, I don't think libra 85rf will hold up to defense, or 230.
Dan, thanks for the help Smile I may be able to do comparisons with earth eventually, as long as my RS isn't too worn from testing Smile
Oh, one more thing to add guys, fyuuor has multiple videos of mf-h libra 230 rs.

@meteorking- I know it doesn't do well against 230, but it does better than mf libra ch120 rf against [x]145 Defence.
What's his youtube?

Fair call, I'll test it eventually, though I kinda doubt it'll do great against vulcan, or when compared to other attack types. I'm holding off on attack vs attack tests till my second rf is worn in, though.
I definitely need to get RS soon.

RSF gets too destabilized by Left-Spin Beyblades and has a big weakness against them, and the same seems to be with Vulcan.
(Jan. 27, 2011  3:06 AM)MeteorKing Wrote: What's his youtube?

Fair call, I'll test it eventually, though I kinda doubt it'll do great against vulcan, or when compared to other attack types. I'm holding off on attack vs attack tests till my second rf is worn in, though.

His YouTube is just "Fyuuor"

It actually does amazingly well against attack. It's like a bulldozer. When it gets hit by the other attack beyblade, it's as if it didnt feel it; it has no negative recoil
Really? I might warm up with it today then, maybe test tomorrow. Thanks for the pointer Smile

Edit: Well, it IS very good at stopping attack types, but so far, I haven't seen it hit hard enough to overcome RS (in MFH Earth Bull GB145RS)... It just doesn't have the right shape, but yeah, tomorrow, I'll get some proper results.

(Jan. 27, 2011  3:08 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: I definitely need to get RS soon.

RSF gets too destabilized by Left-Spin Beyblades and has a big weakness against them, and the same seems to be with Vulcan.

TBH, RS is not much better vs Left Spin, IMO, and apparently in the opinion of the Italian metagame (the thread's in the advanced forum).

I can't test RSF, as I don't have it, so it's nice to have tests with it anyway Smile

EDIT: Updated the OP with Ray Joker's and Blitz's results, and fixed the SPOILERS EVERYWHERE. Should be easier to read now. I know my results still have a lot of spoilers, but given the amount of testing I plan to do, you'll appreciate it eventually Smile

EDIT: I'm testing now, just finished MFH Libra 230CS V MF Gravity Perseus (Reshuffle ATK Ver) R145RF (Left, Counter). Libra didn't win a thing, it was either KO'd or Outspun (Perseus Steals spin...). Did a couple of trials with my other CS, no real difference. Woah.
Wow this has to be one of the biggest movements right now. So far according to the test results libra seems to be far more balanced and far less game breaking than it was before. I would love to contribute but sadly I don't have a libra... Unhappy Let me know if you need help with anything else though.
BB96 was such a great buy.
It is probably worth keeping in mind I've largely been testing libra against what I think will beat it, however I think I've used a fair range. It's still IMO the strongest part in the game, but I think the game has caught up write a lot. The fact that Perseus beats many of it's permutations is a good sign that we won't have libra v stamina all the time (perseus is easier to control for me than other attack types), abd yeah, I think attack is good enough now. I can't wait for my screw capri to get here, I wanna see mf with and against libra.

My opinion right now is thay libra should be given a trial period, preferably with at least one Italian tourney during it, as I want to see how they'd use/react to it.

EDIT: MFH Libra 230CS just won 60% vs Burn Bull AD145WD... Kinda unexpected, though I've heard of it. Can we really call it a defense type if it sucks against attack (then again, that's really 230 vs Left Spin), and beats stamina? maybe the Rubber on CS helps stabilise it (Because it's obviously quite top-heavy)? Hmmm...
OP UPDATED! With new results for MF-H Libra GB145CS, and testing for MF-H Libra 230CS

Take a look Grin
Oh wow, libra is taking a fall. I think if libra would be unbanned, it's uses would be limited to defense. Except for maybe mf libra ch120(145 height) rf against 230, and mf libra 85 rf vs 145 height defense. But that would be the only places I think it could be used in attack.
I've still got to test it for stamina, but given the current results, I think it should be temp-unbanned (and as I said before, it'd be good to see how the Italian metagame reacts).
May or may not test today due to illness, and I'll link fyuuors excellent videos in a bit. Just got a sumo omni beanbag, so I'm chillin'.
I actually had just read through the entire thread about reinstating libra in the advanced forums. There are tests in there some of which include wb, but some if I remember (I read so much my brain might melt) had libra ch120 rf.
Libra CH120RF was a game breaking combo that Bey Brad discovered, right? Maybe Vulcan's release, and the advances in attack basically killed Libra. I actually hoped this would happen.
Yeah, I've still gotta go through there (and older results), and ask peoples permission to use them. I just wanted to get testing against new stuff done first, because it's that change in the metagame that needs to be examined. I definitely have to hunt down some ch120rf tests, though. Thanks for the reminder and your contributions/suggestions, btw.

Edit: according to recent posts in the reinstatement thread, ch120rf already had trouble, if I can wear in a second rf, I might try to test it v vulcan.

Btw, offtopic, but the rf in bb96 has harder, darker rubber, and a wider hole in the middle...