Lack of Manners

I agree with Kai-V, about combos being good are not opinions, they are facts proven. Maybe a kid beating people with Poison Scorpio is battling people with beys that are worse. Point is, new members know NOTHING about the meta game. That included me and still kinda does because their are alot of members who know more than me. Newbies either think that beys from the anime or the best, like I used to think. I battled with my friends and when they named their combo it was so weird. They went like " I made a combo with the energy ring fro rock leone, and the tip of big bang pegasis, and l-drago's face with duo uranus's track" I did that too, but all I am saying is new members mostly in all cases think a anime bey is the best or make up a new combo and beat some worse beys with it and call it top tier. It might have just worked for him because he beat some opponent who have even worse beys.
(Aug. 29, 2013  8:38 AM)Cannon Wrote: How would you guys actually define mini-modding?

Someone who tells another user that this is in the wrong spot + reports it is actually fine, since it helps us a lot. We don't have time to go looking at every new thread so it's better that way.

I guess now that I think about it, the term mini-modding can cover a lot of different things.
To me, a member who is helpful to newer members when they make a mistake such as posting in the wrong forum and politely correcting them and showing them where they should go, as well as reporting the post can be looked at as Mini-Modding, but I see it as just a member being polite and helpful to the overall community as they are helping out a new member and helping out a mod at the same time.

When I used Mini-Modding in the original post, I was using it to describe members who when they find a topic or post that does not belong, they immediately respond by saying thing like:

"This already has a topic."

"You are going to get warned"

"This does not belong here"

"This is going to be closed"

But not elaborating on why exactly any of those things were said, leaving the new member to wonder why they will get warned or why their topic will get closed or why it doesn't belong or where the appropriate topic/forum is.

So pretty much, I guess Mini-Modding can cover really any member that is trying to help another member by explaining the rules if you think about it.
(Aug. 29, 2013  5:39 PM)diblee123 Wrote: I agree with Kai-V, about combos being good are not opinions, they are facts proven. Maybe a kid beating people with Poison Scorpio is battling people with beys that are worse. Point is, new members know NOTHING about the meta game. That included me and still kinda does because their are alot of members who know more than me. Newbies either think that beys from the anime or the best, like I used to think. I battled with my friends and when they named their combo it was so weird. They went like " I made a combo with the energy ring fro rock leone, and the tip of big bang pegasis, and l-drago's face with duo uranus's track" I did that too, but all I am saying is new members mostly in all cases think a anime bey is the best or make up a new combo and beat some worse beys with it and call it top tier. It might have just worked for him because he beat some opponent who have even worse beys.

You don't know for sure. Maybe the kid IS fighting somebody with top tier beys and is getting lucky in some way. True, he may not know anything about the metagame, but he might still be winning with that Poison Scorpio.

And as I stated earlier, newer players, especially kids, do think the anime beys are the best ones, because they're not educated about that, but just because they're not educated about that doesn't mean they can't win at all against better beys.
I wanted to say something else, too.
Telling someone; This isn't the right thread, post it (insert link)_____ here, or This isn't a good combo, if you list all of your parts we can build a better one- isn't necessarly mean/rude. It's just telling them what to do. I know this is considered "mini-modding", but if something isn't said, etc- this would just be a disorganized forum. While people don't want to hear it, organization is important. It can be said like what I did above, which isn't super nice, but it isn't super mean.
Its simply saying what they need to know Ik this is similar to what Yuko Ray said.
Thank you Leone19, I was starting to feel nobody took what I said into consideration haha, You don't have to be super nice when you tell someone where to post, just get it across in a manor that is understandable and not rude.
Today, I got a PM from UltimateOrion about some tournament in Manhatten, New York. I told my mom about it, and she told me off, saying that I shouldn't always be listening to people on the Internet. Then afterwars I sent UltimateOrion a PM, saying that I don't trust him because he may be a pedophile, and then he sent me a PM saying that he's blocking me. Now I feel like a total a**hole. Anyway you guys can help?
(Aug. 31, 2013  1:26 AM)Striker Phantom Wrote: Today, I got a PM from UltimateOrion about some tournament in Manhatten, New York. I told my mom about it, and she told me off, saying that I shouldn't always be listening to people on the Internet. Then afterwars I sent UltimateOrion a PM, saying that I don't trust him because he may be a pedophile, and then he sent me a PM saying that he's blocking me. Now I feel like a total a**hole. Anyway you guys can help?

That is just a common, comprehensible misunderstanding, and make up for it by going to a New York tournament in the future, but do not hijack a thread like that ?
Not really the place to ask that haha, but I have had the privilege to meet UltimateOrion and yea he is 11 (I think) haha. But people on the WBO don't do that type of stuff haha. Look up some tournament videos and show her what WBO tournaments look like.
(Aug. 31, 2013  1:26 AM)Striker Phantom Wrote: saying that I don't trust him because he may be a pedophile

Dude, I he's 11 years old, a year younger than you... you should check out peoples profiles before judging them.

Anywho, it was a misunderstanding, but you guys should talk things through, you obviously didn't mean that..

EDIT: YUKO! Andrew
(Aug. 31, 2013  1:39 AM)LMAO Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2013  1:26 AM)Striker Phantom Wrote: saying that I don't trust him because he may be a pedophile

Dude, I he's 11 years old, a year younger than you... you should check out peoples profiles before judging them.

Anywho, it was a misunderstanding, but you guys should talk things through, you obviously didn't mean that..
to be fair, sometimes people do lie on the internet, but if I am not mistaken that user has already participated in a tournament and they even had footage from that tourney...
Maybe you should not have gone as far to say he might be a pedophile...
Thanks guys! I will show my mom some WBO tournaments. LMAO, you are right though, I mean like, what was I thinking, what kind of pedophile would be on the WBO? I'm sure a pedophile wouldn't even think about the WBO, but they think about Facebook and Instagram. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
^Again, not the place to post that haha
Basically, everyone is just saying the same thing now. Uncertain

But what I really see is that we should address this to the whole / majority of the community. We can't do anything about mini-mods, disrespectful members, etc. but we CAN tell others to know when to report a post and when not to.

So basically, we should get the main idea out and have people become more familiar with the report button.
(Sep. 01, 2013  6:03 PM)TakasuMouce Wrote: So basically, we should get the main idea out and have people become more familiar with the report button.

Pretty much what members should take away from this topic:

1. Be more respectful to others.

2. Elaborate more on your posts.

3. Be sure to use the report button.

4. PM'ing a member to discuss their misunderstandings of the rules can be very helpful.

5. Keep in mind that new members are exactly that, NEW.

As for other members who constantly break rules after constantly being reminded, all that can be done at that point is to report the post and let the Moderators deal with it.
well theres one more problem that I discovered that may be the reason some new make threads for things that there are other threads for recently someone even said he new where to post but he wasn't sure if it would get replied to this expacially happens in random thoughts and beyblade random thoughts. a good example is REDyohagane he created a thread called let's talk about anything beyblade and me and a few other members politely told him that he could talk about this in the Beyblade random thoughts thread and he said how do I get rid of this I don't want anymore spam so the thread was closed and he posted in beyblade random thoughts but his post was ignored and people started a new conversation and he hasn't been online since basically it's a cycle that go's like this, member post's in thread, post get's ignored, member makes thread for the post, thread gets closed after a few harsh comments about why the thread shouldn't exist plus they don't answer his wuestion or reply to what he said, member gets mad and leaves the wbo this has been happening more often lately REDyohagane even said that we'll discuss it in beyblade random thoguhts. He probaly felt ignored and neglected and decided to leave the wbo Unhappy
That's not really a lack of manners. It's not like you're obligated to respond to every post with your opinion on it. My posts are ignored a lot and do I care? No. It was his choice to leave really. And we really can't say he left, he may be doing stuff in his own personal life :\
To be honest if someone leaves because no one responded to their post, we really don't need them. I know this sounds harsh, but its the truth.

Oh, and random thoughts is basically anything beyblade, so why would he ask to talk about anything beyblade in Random Thoughts when everyone already was?
Quote:For starters why do you think hasbro didn't release all the 4d bey's(hyperblades) and also what would you think if bey's already made were remade with titanium only the metal wheels and chrome wheels.

thats what he posted in the OP and thats what he posted in beyblade random thoughts
Oh. Well, I didn't know that, and tbh I'm too lazy to check.

My first point still stands, though.
On not answering questions before telling people to use the search function:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Answerin...tions-here

This is why it happens a lot. Things are quieter now, sure, but when something gets asked by someone who clearly hasn't tried to find the answer themselves - especially when that person is not so new that they should not know to search, it's a little irksome, especially for people who have already seen that question answered hundreds of times, and sometimes even know it's also in the myriad new user guides various members have written, or in the last couple of pages of the thread it was asked in.

I don't disagree that as a community we can be a bit rough with the newbies, but there is a point where the line has to be drawn, and that particular post demonstrates why some of us draw it a little closer than others.

Of course, this only applies to telling people to search for things you know are easily searched for. No arguments about giving a simplified answer when redirecting to other threads, etc, especially as there are occasionally problems with people being bounced around between threads because someone is redirecting them to the wrong place etc.
(Sep. 03, 2013  1:16 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Oh. Well, I didn't know that, and tbh I'm too lazy to check.

I would like to add that it is this attitude that often causes the 'lack of manners' that is so apparent on the forums...
(Sep. 04, 2013  7:15 AM)th!nk Wrote: On not answering questions before telling people to use the search function:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Answerin...tions-here

This is why it happens a lot. Things are quieter now, sure, but when something gets asked by someone who clearly hasn't tried to find the answer themselves - especially when that person is not so new that they should not know to search, it's a little irksome, especially for people who have already seen that question answered hundreds of times, and sometimes even know it's also in the myriad new user guides various members have written, or in the last couple of pages of the thread it was asked in.

I don't disagree that as a community we can be a bit rough with the newbies, but there is a point where the line has to be drawn, and that particular post demonstrates why some of us draw it a little closer than others.

Of course, this only applies to telling people to search for things you know are easily searched for. No arguments about giving a simplified answer when redirecting to other threads, etc, especially as there are occasionally problems with people being bounced around between threads because someone is redirecting them to the wrong place etc.

This makes more sense and definitely proves a point; this can be viewed either way...

Like th!nk said, we do sometimes treat new people who might have no knowledge whatsoever a little rough, but I can see where he thinks it is irksome. Not only did they completely skip over trying to look for themselves, but on some occasions, they start asking multiple times, waiting for an answer. It's like, "Wait a minute, please. Somebody smart will get to that...", yet they keep posting because apparently since we didn't see the first post, they think we need 27 more to get the point across.

I have seen people jump to random threads and ask a question they had asked in AAQGAA just so somebody can answer their question quicker, not even giving a carp if it fits there or not (I see this more with 11-13 year olds, the age where I've seen most kids are desperate for a quick answer, regardless of if it's in the wrong spot or not). That also gets on the nerves of members, advanced members and even admins, cause they have to keep telling this guy/girl, "Hey, this post goes here.", and it gets repetitive, which frustrates everybody else.

I think this issue of the question asking is another main reason why this slippery slope of Correction, to frustration, to responding aggressively, to no manners happens. Quite frankly, although it HAD been quiet for a bit, these acts are simply users not wanting to take the time to read the rules and know exactly what to do.

It's like the Terms & Conditions. They're useful for information, they tell you everything you need to know and what the service is good for, what it has, suggestions, and other useful stuff.. If you actually read it, you'd be fine. However, kids are complaining about 500-word papers nowadays (seriously, that's less than two pages!), and since kids these days don't like (or are too lazy) to read anything longer than a couple paragraphs, we are supposed to expect them to read the welcome message? That's the big problem. They don't want to read it, they don't feel like they have to abide by rules, and when they're corrected, some aggressive ones are like, "Well, I didn't see it in the rules!" It's cause you didn't read it! If you read the message, you'd know how to listen and you'd know what not to do.

Looking now, I think it's time to take action and cut down on this, cause now that th!nk has brought that up, it's evident that this lack of manners is spreading like wildfire.
I'm sort of new to the site and I do kinda post in the wrong threads by a mistake. But some parts of this site is a little confusing.
(Apr. 26, 2014  4:20 AM)dragonemperor16 Wrote: I'm sort of new to the site and I do kinda post in the wrong threads by a mistake. But some parts of this site is a little confusing.

Which ones could we clarify ?
Oh never mind Ryukiba helped me.