Hiding Beyblade from your friends

im only in year 4 but im well respected at all the schools i have been to coz of my blading skills. i really dont need to hide it
I wish Tri wouldn't hide it. He's always scared about his friends finding out. I always tell him that he shouldn't be afraid of his hobbies and I know a lot of people here would agree. Does anyone think he should be open about it and express it?
My friends don't have a problem with me playing with Beyblades. Some of them even enjoy using Beyblades.
Some of my friends like Beyblade, and some of the dislike Beyblade. My friends that dislike Beyblade don't really have a problem with me bringing them. However, a friend of mine tries to steal my TT Beyblades so I hide Beyblades from him most of the time. As for my other friends who like Beyblade, they usually don't steal them.
Well.... here is how i feel about this subject, " I am not realy scared to let people i know that i like beyblades, and if they make fun of me for it they will regret it in time because sometimes you cant hold back your speaching voice. And what i mean by speaching voice is like how wrong they are and how i dont really give a carp about what they do, but i could also ram them back with details about how big the world is and your not the only people on the god givin planet that which i and you stand on". Therfore i dont really care what other people think of me, because i myself usually look down opon the people who pick on others for certain hobbies or for certain acts and that also means that i can also make them look worse than what they were trying to make me look like. So simply put " I don't care ".
For me I won't tell people who don't need to know but if they do know i dont care much
For me, the people that know are mostly neutral, but if everyone knew, it'd destroy the little chance I have of getting a girlfriend... Unhappy
I have two friends in my school that beyblade and also 2 others that kind beyblade but not much.
A few of my friends know I watch the show, but only one of my friends irl knows I actually buy them. Then again, no one really knows what it is at my age unless they had them back in 2003, so I don't think they'd even get it lol
My girlfriend is totally fine with it, actually. God knows why, but she thinks it's cool.
...on the topic of hiding it, I do and I don't. I've liked the official Beyblade page on Facebook because friends of mine have liked Pokemon, but not the WBO, because then they'd see how serious I am about it. It's one thing to watch a show when you're bored & maybe have some of the merch for fun, but it's another thing to spend almost all your money on competitive parts for a children's toy. I'll make excuses if certain people find out, & I purposely pronounce the beys names wrong or hesitate, pretending to read off a piece of paper, when I call to find out if a TRU has something I want in stock. At the same time, if someone asks me personally, I'll tell them because at my age, who gives a f-? As long as I give of the aura of being casual about it or not caring, no one else will care.
My friends have tons of problems with it, they always say its stupid and I'm mad at them Uncertain
Well, I finally manned up my Freshman year in High School and told my friends! They were fine with it! Throughout Junior High I was afraid to tell them because well, Junior High is a lot of the times awkward for some people.
Eh... just about everyone knows I love beyblades. XD I've got a huge display of screaming bright colored TT boxes at my desk... None of my friends really have a problem with it (in fact, most of them are bladers anyway). There's only one kid who has a problem with it. :\ He's nine years old, and he says I need to grow up and get a life. Tongue_out He hates beyblades to the point where he'll actually violently physically assault someone for talking about them.

But, other than him, all my friends think it's fine... plus, who cares what they think? It's really no different than playing basketball or table tennis; it just requires much more mental effort. Wink
My classmates are really stupid, buying into the "cool talk".
They call them gayblades, but we all used to love them. Now it's just me and my friend.
My real friends have their own collection of beys, but my general friends, they say I'm gonna ******* throw your collection out the window and stuff like put that **** away.
Man where do I start. Last year I got bullied because I was in the 7th grade playing with beyblade, one person told me that I belong in preschool because im dumb and have no talent for playing with beys. I replied with well at least I dont stay inside playing black ops [not hating on the game] witch takes almost no talent and skill, after that he stopped and other kids [that obnoxious group of kidsthe so called cool kids] over herd me burning that kid with words and kinda laughed at me but said that I should not mind others and suprisingly for the first time ever they were right. Now most of people ask me tips of the game and if I could sell them some. After that day I feel so free about playing the game, if only my dad could accept it
lazer, Thats sad, the only bladers in my school is my friend and a poison zurraffa kid.
One thing I can say to other people who like Beyblades is who cares what others think. Back when I was in year 8 or 9 and got re-interested into Beyblade my friends found out and at first they thought it was incredibly childish and use to make jokes about it. But as time went on they ended up actually supporting me for what I like and some even started liking it themselves and coming to tournaments I hosted with me. I was never bullied about it though, and honestly if someone does bully you about beyblade you should think of how stupid they are because they're bullying you for something you enjoy.

If you enjoy beyblading don't let anyones opinions stop you from enjoying that.
(Sep. 06, 2013  4:11 AM)Raykon Wrote: One thing I can say to other people who like Beyblades is who cares what others think. Back when I was in year 8 or 9 and got re-interested into Beyblade my friends found out and at first they thought it was incredibly childish and use to make jokes about it. But as time went on they ended up actually supporting me for what I like and some even started liking it themselves and coming to tournaments I hosted with me. I was never bullied about it though, and honestly if someone does bully you about beyblade you should think of how stupid they are because they're bullying you for something you enjoy.

If you enjoy beyblading don't let anyones opinions stop you from enjoying that.

2 years ago, I would hide what I did from others. However now, I have learnt not to hide who I am. Let haters be haters... that shouldn't stop you from being who you are.
Well, after three weeks at my new school, I already feel as if I can tell my friends. Maybe in a week or so, but I will.
I mean, c'mon, they watch spongebob and play Pokemon, what would they have against me?
My friends that I have told either like it, or one teases me about it, but in good fun, cuz I tease him about other stuff.
my friends would treat me like s*** if i told them
(Sep. 23, 2013  4:34 AM)Kisame Akatsuki Wrote: my friends would treat meike s*** if i told them

your friends must suckUnhappy
well I really don't hide it I ask a friend if he's ever heard of them if so then I tell him about and we tell each other our collecctions and if not I simply walk away or change the subject Smile
I'm in college now so really no one cares. Seriously guys people who make fun of you for blading are just overcompensating for their on insecurities. So LET IT RIP!
I don't really hide it anymore, I take them out of my backpack and start launching them on the floor in the school library!XD I was able to get two of my other friends into beyblade! I was going to start a beyblade club with them after Christmas break. until I found out I have track practice everyday after school-.- but I can always beybattle them in the morning!Grin
I tell my really close friends, But not many other people in my class know about it. One time I got made fun of for it, And called a loser (Even though that's not a big deal). So then when that specific person said it again, I said the following: ''I might play with spinning tops, But at least I don't get terrible grades, And swear in every sentence I say.''