Hiding Beyblade from your friends

Most of my friends know that I Beyblade in fact some of them are interested in it and want to get back into the game, of course when I was 11-12 only like 3 of my friends knew that I Beybladed but as you get older people don't care for what you do with your spare time.
Some people know.
The good thing about being reasonably popular in school is that -Since I use humor as a 'defense' mechanism IRL- you can get away with that sort of stuff and still be like :3 The way I phrase it, Some people even think it's a joke xD
My friends know that I full blown love beyblades, and I'm in career college. I battles with them outside the school in plain daylight. One guy in a pick up even saw us battling and said "really?", I then told him "stop hating dude." I even carry around a bey or two in my pockets just to look at them when I'm on the metro, one guy even saw me looking at ti and asked what it was cause he thought it had some weird abstract shape. I then told him that it was a beyblade. I even fought in the middle of the classroom, one of my teachers thought that the destroyer dome was a soccer ball. I'm not ashamed of loving beyblades, hell I'd go to a public pace and scream it.
(Sep. 06, 2012  5:55 PM)xSora10 Wrote: Hah, I do that whenever I buy my Beyblades from a store; I mumble to myself while browsing the aisle, saying to myself what my so-called brother or sister would want. And when I get to the register, I typically continue that, and I highly doubt any of the employees buy my little "excuse".

Some of my closer friends recently have been looking into the Beyblades, and have become interested in it, and one of my friends has actually been into Beyblades since the beginning, so it's actually fun to chat with her about it. Tongue_out
There's no need to be ashamed, I've given advice to people buying beyblades saying they should wait till the hyperbades come out. Whenever I buy beyblades I get so impatient that I open them in the store on a table near where the cashes are.
At my old school, there was no form of popularity or judging other people. Everyone knew I liked beyblades and would make fun of it, but it was all in good fun (I made fun of doctor who). Now, high school. I have two friends, not close at all, and I would die if anyone there found out I liked beyblades. I'm already considered trash (in terms of popularity) and I'm sure the kids at my school wouldn't care how much physics there is in it (I don't exactly go to a school filled with bright students...) they would stop ignoring me, and probably move on to teasing me. So I don't hide beyblades from my friends from grammar school, but high schools the exact opposite.
The 2 people I consider true friends both know that I beyblade. I actually got my one friend into it and they both don't judge. Ha its like those new chef boyardee commercials "Chef Don't Judge" instead its "Friends Don't Judge"
Basically barely anyone in my school knows I like beyblades. 2 of my friends know. I think some other people forgot I did. I do have a lot of friends who don't know I like. If people figure out, I'm dead meat.
Well i am in a new school this year i have loads of friends, they know me as A hard core gamer. but one of my friends brag all the time about haveing 50 subs on Youtube i have 655 but its my beyblade channel i want to soo bad tell him but i don't wanna screw stuff up Uncertain so i only tell them my video game channel which has 104
I just went to a new school this year and I already have good friends but they don't know but my friends and I play pokemon together
(Jan. 15, 2013  2:31 AM)Cosmic Wrote: Well i am in a new school this year i have loads of friends, they know me as A hard core gamer. but one of my friends brag all the time about haveing 50 subs on Youtube i have 655 but its my beyblade channel i want to soo bad tell him but i don't wanna screw stuff up Uncertain so i only tell them my video game channel which has 104
I think u should Bragg and tell them and say its a fun hobby
Only my best friends know that i play with beyblade n.n
They'd make fun of me in an instant. I have only told my BEST FRIEND and he respects it. It's not like I hide though. I don't really care if they know. I'll tell them if they ask
I've only told one person, but in a way, no one, because he 1) hates it and 2) doesn't care.
Hmm, everyone at my church knows, mostly. Everyone there knows me as "the oddball who thinks she's a duck and draws weird guys with spiky hair and plays with metal spinning tops", so it's not like anyone really bothers me about it. Although a few people have come up and asked me why they have names, quack. I tried to explain the part-naming system, but they always get weireded out by "Evil Befall" for some reason. ...And never Hades Kerbecs. In fact, they like that one. Chocked_2

However, I do usually put on an act in stores, quack. Many times I've gotten weird looks when I stroll down the "boys' toys" aisle, so I often pretend I'm buying for my little brother (who doesn't exist, hahah). I accidentally gave it away, though, when Twisted Tempo was released. I was so happy I started jumping up and down and hugging the package. That... really freaked the moms out. Oops.
(Jan. 17, 2013  9:25 AM)Duck Wrote: Hmm, everyone at my church knows, mostly. Everyone there knows me as "the oddball who thinks she's a duck and draws weird guys with spiky hair and plays with metal spinning tops", so it's not like anyone really bothers me about it. Although a few people have come up and asked me why they have names, quack. I tried to explain the part-naming system, but they always get weireded out by "Evil Befall" for some reason. ...And never Hades Kerbecs. In fact, they like that one. Chocked_2

However, I do usually put on an act in stores, quack. Many times I've gotten weird looks when I stroll down the "boys' toys" aisle, so I often pretend I'm buying for my little brother (who doesn't exist, hahah). I accidentally gave it away, though, when Twisted Tempo was released. I was so happy I started jumping up and down and hugging the package. That... really freaked the moms out. Oops.

Generally when I'm buying Beyblades I don't really pretend about anything because to be fair it's not like the shopkeepers are gonna think your weird, and they're not exactly gonna discourage you from giving them money Tongue_out

Meh. When i first heard about blades I was pretty excited, in elementary I would take out my hms and spin them Down the slide and see how many of my friends blades I could knock out, now though I only get time to play with em a little, meh.
Most people just don't seem to care what I do, occasionally I'll bring a spare blade or two and a stadium to school and get my friends to blade against me, Hahahahahahaha lol though I'm still one of the on the edge of being a social outcast, though when a gf comes over there is noooooo such thing called beyblade
Nobody at school knows that I like Beyblade any more, although in 6th grade I used to mention the fact that I did, and even messed around with a few beys at lunch. However, now, in 8th grade, I hang out with some of the few people in the whole school that still care about Pokemon cards (Nothing wrong with that, don't get me wrong) so I'm sure that they wouldn't care if I mentioned that I still like/sort of like them. However, I haven't found any good reason to.
some people in my school don't know that I like beyblade right now I am in grade 6 almost all my class knows that I like beyblade but not the other greade 6 class
Well, I really haven't mentioned that I played beyblade to my friends. I did tell a few of them that I played back in sixth grade, but they never talk about it anymore. I feel like if I were to tell everyone at school my whole reputation would change.
(Jan. 17, 2013  6:27 PM)Tysonblader009 Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2013  9:25 AM)Duck Wrote: Hmm, everyone at my church knows, mostly. Everyone there knows me as "the oddball who thinks she's a duck and draws weird guys with spiky hair and plays with metal spinning tops", so it's not like anyone really bothers me about it. Although a few people have come up and asked me why they have names, quack. I tried to explain the part-naming system, but they always get weireded out by "Evil Befall" for some reason. ...And never Hades Kerbecs. In fact, they like that one. Chocked_2

Generally when I'm buying Beyblades I don't really pretend about anything because to be fair it's not like the shopkeepers are gonna think your weird, and they're not exactly gonna discourage you from giving them money Tongue_out

Yeah, that's true, quack. But I have this weird trait where I care a lot more about what people I don't know think of me than what people I do know think of me. In fact, I don't care what people I do know think of me at all to the point where I enjoy being called an oddball and a freak. Maybe this is because of the lack of respect I have for people I know at my church. Not sure. But I freak out in public. Like, if someone just stares at me weird I feel ridiculously self-conscious, but if someone did the same to me at church, I'd just stick my nose up and swat at them. It's so strange that you could almost say I have two different personalities: my real one and the freak I become at church. I swear the people there tick me off so much I go to an extreme to make it clear that I am not one of them. That's part of where the "I'm a duck!" thing started...

Oops. Sorry for the off-topic-ness.
I don't really hide the fact I like/still play with beys (and other toys mostly anime stuff though or collectables ) all my friends know. I think. But I do feel wierd in the toy isles especially the other day when found phantom Orion and started spazzing. XD
(Jan. 19, 2013  10:15 AM)dragonscar14 Wrote: I don't really hide the fact I like/still play with beys (and other toys mostly anime stuff though or collectables ) all my friends know. I think. But I do feel wierd in the toy isles especially the other day when found phantom Orion and started spazzing. XD

...Rawr? Why would you start spazzing because you saw Phantom Orion? ESPECIALLY if it made you feel weird? Tongue_out
I wonder how my friends would react if I told them. They seem pretty cool, but I doubt they would like me if I told them. But what do I care. If they make fun of me for a hobbie that I like, then maybe they aren't my real friends.
Almost everybody knows I like Beyblade, because being "Popular" doesn't effect me. I've stopped caring about how much "popular" kids like me, "popular" in my dictionary usually means " Big Meanie Jerk" and " Foolish Insufferable Oaf". The reason for that is because my old best friend ditched us for a kid who looks like a Trollface, and a Muscelebrained Cocky Jerk. And I just can't get along with those kinds of people.

Sorry if that was spam or too aggressive, I just like to share my thoughts
I cant be stuffed hiding it from my friends coz they got me into it. Now one of my friends hates me coz my custom bey destroyed his custom bey and made it unlaunchable. :p
I have hidden it in the past, since a lot of people think it's a kids cartoon/toy. I've been reading the Manga for an awful long time, and I have pics of Ryuga, Jack, and Tetsuya all over my bedroom, so if a friend comes over it's kind of hard to hide it. I used to be embarrassed but now I'm like who gives a hoot, if they don't like me for who I am then they aren't worth my time. I love all kinds of different things and it makes me the unique person I am. Shoot I'm 20 and still get excited when I get a new Bey, or accessory, and I will never change.
I tried hiding beyblade from my School friends but i failed, they found my Youtube account.Also i went on Wbo in school so tht gave up my spot