Hiding Beyblade from your friends

Basically just about all my friends bey blade. the ones who don't. do not care that I blade. Sometimes It can get embarrassing that I still play with them when im in Middle school
I never hid the fact that I play Beyblade from anyone, whoever it is. Actually, I use it as a tool to make unwanted people stay away from me. Few days back, there was a matter on facecrap where one of my friend's younger brother(3 years younger than me) tried to make fun of me for being so old(WTH, 16 is old?) and still playing childish games. I retaliated, saying "Ohh, sorry I forgot that you are a grown up man of 40 with a wife and two kids to care for. And wait, you still go to school?" XD

I am not at all embarrassed about playing beyblade because frankly, that is one of the only things I like. I suck in sports and I dont really like any other games either. Beyblades also bring me good luck. Yeah, hard to believe, but any work which I try to do gets completed almost certainly if I have a beyblade in my pocket or bag XD
Well me and my friend got like the intire swim team into them so I'm safe there but in school I just don't talk about them much. I do also blade with my family in boston. I just don't bring them to school. I have a friend hoo I found a hidin stash in his closset so I know people hoo do blade when there at home by them self.
I ask if my friends like beyblades, and if they disagree, I either try to encourage them to, or I say "I know, RIGHT?" lol
I hide it from some of my friends but my other friends like beyblade
(Apr. 02, 2012  6:58 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: I'm sure we've all done this at one point. We've all probably hidden from our friends the fact that we like Beyblade. Have you done it? Do you still do it? Talk about it here.

I never really told my friends about me liking Beyblade because I was embarrassed about it. Back in late August of 2011, I got my first serious gf (We're broken up, but she's now one of my two best friends now). I didn't want her, or my other best friend Josh to find out about it. Because of this, my Beyblades are in a box in my closet, and I haven't touched them since early September. Although they've been watching My Little Pony, and are a tad embarrassed about it, so I guess it's fine really. I've been thinking about pulling out my Beyblades and playing with them again. They'll probably understand.

I also haven't watched the anime since season 1 ended, but that's because I'm just lazy, I'll probably get back to that too.

So, what's up with you guys? Do any of you do anything like this?

I feel the same way. That's why I don't tell anyone at my school.
My friends are okay with it. They'll make jabs at me for it once in a while when we're at parties, but they're slowly learning that it only gets them a lecture on plastics, or just a "yeah" from me, depending on whether I've had enough to drink or not.
Pretty much all my friends are perfectly fine with me blading, mainly because most of my friends are "nerdy" like me and don't care (I actually got a few of them into blading for a month or two).

Off-topic: School-wise, I keep quiet about it (then again, I'm a quiet person). I draw Bey designs in my free-time at my school, actually, and people that look over at them don't know what they are because the word "Beyblade" isn't written anywhere usually, haha.
im in college and i dont care who knows. if i had been into beys in highschool i wouldnt have cared either. mine may be a unique case though as the captains of the football team would pokemon battle drama kids at lunch....
i have other different hobbies but when i first started bladeing again during the ending of high school i was embarrassed about it maybe about one or two of my friend s knew i would try hide them before i got to the counted when i purchased them but as i went on i relized that you should be proud of doing something good that makes you happy and became more open with it none of my friends teased me about it and know im a recent grad and still proud of my bey hobbie i even still play Pokemon
i would not like to hide from my friends that i blade,many of my friends/cousins/relatives/aunties/uncles know about it, and they dont say anything about it, why would they
Also, i don't care what others think about beyblade,, its my own hobby........... moreover its my own life, not that i am doing some kinda sin by blading, and its useless to interfere with others life, for if someone does so by teasing or anythiny else its his own fault to trouble others, and its their waste of time ..
(Jun. 25, 2012  6:47 PM)ashton pinto Wrote: Games/sports/hobbies etc etc.. are distinguised by human beings. Its was never, nor is and will never be a law stating that 'only kids play beyblade, if anyone else does it will be considered sinful/unlawfull'
i never hide that i play beyblade
look at Ryo in the anime!he plays!what's wrong in me playing!
i wanted the WBO promo cards so that i can wander on the streets proudly saying i'm a proud member of the WBO and i'm not ashamed by it.even if i get banned due to my antics on this organization,i'll still roam with the Promo Card.i don't hide my beys-be it friends,relatives,or even girls in this matter
they'll all give me a look and i don't care about it.to strangers i tell"i'll do what i want with MY money"
I have enough social pull (or rather the absence thereof) in school due to my reputation as a geek that people generally ignore any eccentricities that I may have, including Beyblading.

EDIT: Gah, I sound like a dweeb... Imagine Kenta wearing glasses and saying this in a high, nasally voice.

Better?
Well, when i found out about beyblade i couldnt help but think it was amazing, but by then my popularity was at such a wonderful peak, even though i was such a "dork"(enjoys anime and other stuff like that)on the inside(nobody knew and i was so glad), and yet i decided to take up yet another childish game/anime in which most of my friends didnt know about. a couple of more friends found out, but instead of telling everyone, they actually thought it was a pretty cool game and started blading as well. hiding stuff from my friends...story of my life.
Once i forgot i had a bey in my backpack when i went to school and one of my friends saw them so i had to make up a story about how they were my little brothers and he was using my backpack (I don't have a little brother thankfully he didn't know that).
Everyone knows I beyblade because I made the front page of the paper. Little kids still recognize me. But Im not ashamed.
watch beybladegeeks they do battles and 1 episode they have their girlfreinds come play with them its ok dude you grew up with'em
I really didn't care if anyone knew or not. I was taught to not be affraid of what other people think. So if their your real friend they should be okay with you liking beyblade. But that's just me.
BBG? I had no idea u went on WBO. I love ur vids.
So anyway, some people at my school beyblade but it's kinda fading away
My friends already know I like beyblade and some of them like it as well!but they are cool with that!
Well, middle school, only a couple people knew, but I was a little bit of everything, I played sports, I was on debate, and academic challenge. And here in high school, my city has different academies for each school and I just so happen to be going to the fine arts academy, and everyone's a little weird so it's okay Smile my gf knows, my other gal friends know, and so do my bros Grin
I only talk about Beyblade when I talk about it in a reminiscant tone (people my age who remember beyblade from back in the day) Otherwise, I would perfer to avoid unneeded harrasment.
People found out at school because one of my blabby friends and I am shunned for playing Beyblade and bullies come up to my every 5 minutes pointing out random objects that can spin to me and telling me to go play with it. One time I got so mad I beat the s*** out of one bully.
(Aug. 17, 2012  8:29 PM)Ignition Wrote: One time I got so mad I beat the s*** out of one bully.

You can still get in trouble for beating any one up, even if its their fault. Physical contact is bad, just tell a teacher or someone in authority, they can handle it. You risked your own body in beating someone else up :\

And I don't need to hide Beyblades from my friends, because they'll simply laugh about it once or twice but don't constantly bug me about it because my grades and exceptional performance in class makes up for my "childish" hobbies XD

Heck, once I even did a project about Beyblades in 9th grade, straight A!
I don't really hide it but don't really talk about it. Like, I had a friend who liked beyblades, and we talked about it for like a week then never again, haha. But, If someone asks if I like beyblades, I won't say I don't, but I won't be like "YESSSS Beyblade IS the best the thing in the WORLD!"